Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Happy Independence Day Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Independence Day Nigeria (12661 Views)

Nigeria At 60: Happy Independence Day / Asari Dokubo: "Don't Wish Me Happy Independence Day, I'm Not A Nigerian" / Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Independence Day Nigeria by nabegibeg: 12:09am On Oct 01, 2018
Happy Independence Nigeria

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by Wizzyflexx: 12:24am On Oct 01, 2018
Okay

2 Likes

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by Nevee: 12:24am On Oct 01, 2018
Happy independence, my country. You have slumbered too long. You have tarried in standing up to fight your oppressors. Our leaders have undermined and taken undue advantage of your great potentials. But fight on, you will overcome someday.

God bless Nigeria and her people!

PS: Weird as it may seem, I still go about shoulders high and with much pride of being a Nigerian. I just can’t explain it neither do I know why.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by OneKinGuy(m): 12:26am On Oct 01, 2018
Watch people that will come and start saying "what are we celebrating for'. Three two one let's go.. grin
Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 12:27am On Oct 01, 2018
@58 countries are thinking big, better schools, power, roads and relative peace and building ahead.
Since, January till October 1, Whats the positive thing that have occur in Nigeria this year? Nothing!
If you flashback to 1960s down to 1999 up-to last and this year, is the same problem on our faces.

Than celebrate politicians that pinned suffering, hunger and death on innocent Nigerians.

I celebrate myself , others who're working hard to earn a plate of meal.

42 Likes

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by WebSurfer(m): 12:49am On Oct 01, 2018
Useless independence , they should have allowed whites for a really longer time

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by Hisxellency: 12:51am On Oct 01, 2018
Happy Independence Day to the lovers of Democracy... Our leaders should wake up and make Nigeria to work again

3 Likes

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by Oluwasaeon(m): 12:51am On Oct 01, 2018
Happy birthday, Olivier Giroud!

8 Likes

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by Trustme2(m): 1:38am On Oct 01, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by saaron(m): 1:39am On Oct 01, 2018
To HELL with Nigeria!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:41am On Oct 01, 2018
Senator Samuel Anyanwu for Governor Imo 2019

Happy Independence

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by Vikkie14: 1:48am On Oct 01, 2018
I'm very OPTIMISTIC about this country called Nigeria but as it stands today, there's ABSOLUTELY nothing to celebrate about this country. Absolutely nothing! Nothing whatsoever!!

13 Likes

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by Nobody: 2:01am On Oct 01, 2018
We are not independent, we are dependent.. What are we independting about.

Well I am having Dinner at Santorini

2 Likes

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by Mobsync(m): 2:48am On Oct 01, 2018
Today, we celebrate 68 years of failure and backwardness.

Nevertheless, my friends and I are hosting an Independence day party on our street tonight and it will be very mad.

Dress code: Buhari white with NEPA black. You can add a touch of cockroach brown if you want.

For those of you who don't know Buhari white, it's the same color with garri white.

Happy Independence Day.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by oluwatymylehyn(m): 2:49am On Oct 01, 2018
God bless Nigeria
Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by mrmrmister: 2:49am On Oct 01, 2018
LMAO!
What's there to be happy about?

2 Likes

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by MrMcJay(m): 2:51am On Oct 01, 2018
Independence day is not October 1st

Independence day is the day you get your papers to leave this country. That's your Independence day.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by QueenDeborah(f): 2:51am On Oct 01, 2018
Patiently Waiting For Buhari To Cum And Give His Nonsense Speech.....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by Mobsync(m): 2:54am On Oct 01, 2018
QueenDeborah:
Patiently Waiting For Buhari To Cum And Give His Nonsense Speech.....

Lol. Buhari no longer cums. He lost his erection long ago.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by lonelydora: 2:54am On Oct 01, 2018
Independence Day is the day you get your visa and leave the country
Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by hyfr(m): 2:55am On Oct 01, 2018
Happy independence to our esteemed company Nigeria Plc.
I curse the day, the called this entity Nigeria
I curse all the stake holders of this our beloved company.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by Zayncom: 2:56am On Oct 01, 2018
Are you into importation from China or the US? We are the cheapest China/US shopping agent you can find anywhere, visit my signature to check out our website
Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by Edonnewi: 3:01am On Oct 01, 2018
Independance from government.
For 50 years Nigerians been on dey own.

1 Like

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by cystem(m): 3:01am On Oct 01, 2018
An awfull independence
Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:01am On Oct 01, 2018
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY Nigerians.....

Thank you for all you are doing our darling PRESIDENT. 

A BIG Thank you to all our dearest clients here, so many messages about our Barbecue biz and other legit deals we made here on a daily basis.
We appreciate you all so much.

See You NL!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
wink cheesy wink

Cheers!

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by Yankee101: 3:04am On Oct 01, 2018
Should we celebrate?
Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by teemanbastos(m): 3:04am On Oct 01, 2018
Nigeria is 58 years old today, Today should not be a day of recounting, emphasizing and trumpeting the country's woes but a day to critically analyse what indeed every one of us has done to alleviate the situation of his/her immediate community and by extension the bigger community, from there we can actually see if we are a solution or a burden to this country.
We should devote ourselves to Service to the country with whatever talents, skills and gifts we have because our innate fulfillment and happiness lies in being of use in our individual capacities to this Great country.
A country can never be greater than the content of citizens living within it, let's all strive to be proactive, productive, absolutely useful and be invaluable assets to our fellow citizens and to the country.
This is where we have been birthed and placed, we will be of absolute use here in this land and will thrive here.

I end this with what the Sage Abraham Lincoln said 'ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country'
I believe this 58th year would be a landmark year and a great year for all and sundry who believe so.

Happy 58th Birthday Nigeria!
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by okwabayi(m): 3:11am On Oct 01, 2018
Our Happy Independence Day post was sent to the front page by 03:00am and yet some members want me to believe this forum does not have a closing time.
Although we haven't reached there and I doubt we will soon I still say Happy Independence Day to my great country, the land of my birth and the place I might get cremated in.
We have achieved a milestone, 58 years without overt British rule. No matter how bad things are we are still better off without them. Anyone trying to claim otherwise should personally investigate the living conditions of blacks in Soweto and similar townships.
Na barbecue things get me today. I must chop suya or roasted chicken.
Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by OmoOshodi(m): 3:11am On Oct 01, 2018
Nothing to celebrate...... We are still under democratic incarceration
Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by OmoOshodi(m): 3:13am On Oct 01, 2018
God please reset this world...... This is partial o...... Nigerians shouldn't be afraid of Hell fire ..... We are already there.

4 Likes

Re: Happy Independence Day Nigeria by okwabayi(m): 3:13am On Oct 01, 2018
Yankee101:
Should we celebrate?
Of course. No matter how bad things are take heart in the fact you are not sidelined from basic things in your country. Ask any colonized country how their masters export resources meant for the people to theirs without a care for indigenes.
Remember the groundnut pyramids of the north? None of those bags were created for Nigerians' consumption.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Intrigues, Tension As Gbaja, 16 Others Jostle For Reps Speakership / Edo 2024: PDP Praises Shaibu For Withdrawing Lawsuit Against Obaseki / Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.