Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor (58162 Views)

Photos Of Ambode And Sanwo- Olu Arriving Together For The APC Convention / Tinubu’s House Under Tight Security As Ambode’s Supporters Storm Ikoyi. Photos / Full Text Of Ambode's World Press Conference (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by eyesoflagos: 6:01am On Oct 01, 2018
THOUSANDS OF AMBODE SUPPORTERS DEFY PARTY LEADERS, STAGE POLITICAL RALLY ON IKORODU ROAD
Source : http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/09/thousands-of-ambode-supporters-defy.html?m=1

Eyes Of Lagos reports gathered that , The entire stretch of Ikorodu road from Anthony to Maryland and other adjoining community roads were on lockdown earlier today, Sunday, September 30, 2018, as political supporters and loyalists of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode under the aegis of Ambode Mandate Support Group (AMSG) staged a political rally in the axis.

The supporters who came out in their hundreds, converged on the premises of the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) in Maryland, Lagos Mainland, and marched through Ikorodu Road to Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park in Ojota, where they were joined by others who came from other communities on the Lagos Mainland.

At the gathering, the leaders of the group took turns to speak to the participants in the rally urging them to ensure Ambode emerge victorious in the primary in their respective wards.

Speaking at the rally, Director General of the Ambode Mandate Support Group (AMSG), Hon Hakeem Sulaimon, particularly declared no confidence in the State Executive of APC led by Tunde Balogun for openly exhibiting bias towards the Governor, saying the chairman committed faux pas when he participated at briefing where another governorship aspirant was purportedly endorsed by party leaders.

While tracing the root of the problem which the Governor had with some party leaders, Sulaimon said it was unfortunate that the same character who informed the Governor not to relate with party leaders immediately after the election was now the one playing on the intelligence of members not to support the Governor for re-election.

In addition, the rally was joined by popular Fuji musician, Abass Akande Obesere who sang praises of the Governor and took time to dish out folk music to the delight of the onlookers.

Speaking at the rally, a member of the Ambode Mandate Support Group (AMSG), Yusuf Azeez told InsideMainland that; “we are solidly behind our man Ambode. He is the going nowhere and would rule Lagos for another four years.

“The party leaders who are after going against his candidacy or want him to step down cannot influence all of us. We have taken a decision and we are ready to stand by it.”

Motorists, residents react

Motorist plying the Ojota end of Ikorodu road affected by the traffic gridlock caused by the rally condemned the exercise by the loyalists saying it was ill-conceived without the input of traffic managers who would have ensured free flow of traffic in the area.

Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, According to a commercial bus driver who gave his name as Agbana, the rally should have held in Ikoyi or an area where the leaders of the party would be directly affected. “Why did they come down here? Did they remember to hold a rally when there was fire at Olusosun for several days or when we complained of the bad portion on Ikorodu road?

“They should have visited Ikoyi, VGC, Lekki and other posh areas where the party leaders can also feel the effect of the rally.”

A resident of Ogudu, Simbiat Akinade while commenting said that “the group should have invited LASTMA guys to help in the rally. That would have gone a long way in ensure free flow of traffic than allowing innocent citizens spend productive time in traffic.”

7 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by Ifeanyi4491(m): 6:03am On Oct 01, 2018
Happy independence Nigerians

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 01, 2018
I feel for ambode

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by BruncleZuma: 6:17am On Oct 01, 2018
grin grin grin grin

[img]https://media./images/fb1ba79660ff7a47001ba19c4443fbbe/tenor.gif[/img]

"Any "Lagosian" that supports this "unblessed" candidate knows what to do with a lagoon".

~ Oba Lil Wayne

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by Franzinni: 6:17am On Oct 01, 2018
this man is swinging from tinubu's balls like Tarzan...

They never saw this coming.... Ambo.. Is a

RAMBO

When he wins Omo tinubu will lose all his influence because he would have taken the L even on home turf.... Hahahaha

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by geadom: 6:19am On Oct 01, 2018
Ok, na

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by ikorodureporta: 6:19am On Oct 01, 2018
...so Lagos no go celebrate independence today??

If Ambode is dropped, wetin go dy happen again for Lagos?

13 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by surveyProf(m): 6:19am On Oct 01, 2018
Ambor, oti' wole '
Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by HonAdeli(m): 6:19am On Oct 01, 2018
Ambode is not going anywhere.. 4years more to go

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by ayodaisi: 6:19am On Oct 01, 2018
Ambode all the way

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by ifymadu: 6:20am On Oct 01, 2018
This nollywood abi na lollywood drama must enter season 3. Observers are watching

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by ellalina(f): 6:20am On Oct 01, 2018
How can pdp take advantage of this disunity in Lagos pdp.
Even if Ambrose defects,they will wait for him at the rigging junction.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by davodyguy: 6:21am On Oct 01, 2018

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by luizkyworld(m): 6:21am On Oct 01, 2018
If Buhari performs as well as Ambode, then Nigerians irrespective of tribe or religious affiliations, will go all out to rally for him. All Nigerians need is good governance.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by despi64(m): 6:22am On Oct 01, 2018
Good one

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by chinavs9ja(m): 6:22am On Oct 01, 2018
Go Ambode! No shaking!

I am a web designer check my signature

5 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 6:22am On Oct 01, 2018
Say no to political godfatherism. #AMBODE

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by Tubexsms(m): 6:23am On Oct 01, 2018
Ambode may likely disgraced the yoruba gods. Tinubu is already crying that CP is Ambode's classmate that he may compromised. APC is a house of commotion

27 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by Glink2018(m): 6:23am On Oct 01, 2018
We can't have two governors in the state.

Father Lord, let your anointed son emerge

4 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by davodyguy: 6:23am On Oct 01, 2018
ellalina:
How can pdp take advantage of this disunity in Lagos pdp.
Even if Ambrose defects,they will wait for him at the rigging junction.
That's exactly my worry. The only man that could have snatched Lagos from Tinubu was Engr Funsho Williams in 2003. The margin was 200k. Tinubu had 900k votes and Funsho Williams 700k votes. The man was rigged out. After Tinubu, he should have taken over, but was killed in 2006, just a year to the 2007 election. BAT is a master in Lagos, but not in Ondo
Sanwolu is a joker and a stooge. This is 2018, we can't have a dummy as a Governor of a state like Lagos. Buhari did same thing to Tinubu and OBJ. They wanted to control him, but the Hausa Fulani Cabal ensured the such plans failed. Sanwolu would fail woefully.

Tinubu claimed to have a master plan.

Master plan like

1. He gets close or up to half of the projects in Lagos done by his construction firm
2. Alphabeta a firm he owns continues to consult for LASG on taxation.
3. His associates must have a say in what an independent Government was to do.
4. The government must take instructions from him
5. He must appoint people into his cabinet.

Isn't that the master plan?

But was the Oworo bus stop part of the master plan?
What about the Abule egba and Ajah bridges, are they part of the master plan?

The fight against Ambode is not about performance, but about personal interest

Tinubu vs Koforola Bucknor(Got her impeached)
Tinubu ba Femi Pedro (Got him impeached)
Tinubu vs Obanikoro
Tinubu vs Fashola (2009)
Tinubu vs Fáyẹmí (2014)
Tinubu vs Saraki (2015)
Tinubu vs Akeredolu (2016)
Tinubu vs Amosu
Tinubu vs Ambode (2018)

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:23am On Oct 01, 2018
On Akin Ambode: Egungun Be Careful, Na Express You Dey Go

When I read online what Governor Akin Ambode said at his World Press Conference, three things came to my mind: the passage in the Holy Scriptures where Samson was captured, his eyes plucked out and he became a sport to his captors. The second thing was Abass Obesere's song, 'Egungun be careful'. The third was that I rushed to Wikipedia to check Ambode's profile.

Up till now, I've refrained from joining the discussion on how Akin Ambode was told he won't get a second-term ticket and all the issues surrounding it. I've read so many comments but I feel most people are guided by sentiments rather than logic. I've not seen any CEO of any State humiliated in such a manner before. Different people turned him into a sport including a musician. He was stripped naked in the market place and turned into a punching bag.

The most dangerous person to fight is the person whose back is already against the wall and who believes he has nothing to lose. Beware of him. Ambode's back is against the wall. That is why his issue must be approached with caution. He has already lost everything so there is nothing more to lose. With the Press Conference, I honestly don't think he's interested in any second-term ticket again. His speech says as much. He is now like a bull in a china shop. You underrate such a man at your peril. And this is where it gets interesting. Like Samson in Judges 16: 29-30 (KJV), we read that "Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand, and of the other with his left. And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life". Ambode can play the Samson option. He won't be a beneficiary neither will anyone else within the structure. I've found out that in power games like this, the most dangerous people to spar with are your own 'sons'. They grew up with you and know you inside out. When sons decide to spar with their fathers, the fathers are toast- except God helps them. Ask David about Absalom. Ask Olusola Saraki about Bukola.

In his hand is the control lever of the biggest state in Nigeria. Here is a man who worked through the system for 27 years and rose to the zenith of his career, having worked as Council Treasurer, Auditor, Permanent Secretary and Accountant General for 6 years. Ambode is no fool. He threw chinks at the armour of respected poster boy, Babatunde Raji Fashola at the inception of his administration. He had to be restrained then and till date, BRF still carries those scars. Ambode may not have the gift of the garb but he is an extremely intelligent individual. He has worked with so many Governors including Bola Ahmed Tinubu and he became one himself.

I urge caution from every side. This situation is an ill-wind that will blow no one any good. The big masquerade has to be careful. The express way is full of danger. He can't afford to get into the ring with Ambode. Does he think Ambode would have addressed that Press Conference without due consultations? Who is playing the drums for him that is making his waterfly erupt in a dance? Think. The big masquerade may just have feet of clay. That is why he must be careful of taking a plunge in the river. And like my egbon Kehinde Ayoola J P wrote, "When a blind man threatens to stone a man with two eyes, let the two-eyed man beware. The blind man has a stone in his pocket already"!

So I'm here playing that Obesere blockbuster in my head....

Egungun be careful
Na express you dey go
Moto go jam you
Me I don tell you...
Like · React · Reply · Report · 6 hours ago
Prince Ademola Nanatingal
Before You Crucify Gov Akinwunmi Ambode

Copied with addition...

*Before you crucify Ambode, salary payment is Constant*...

*Before you crucify Ambode, remember Jubilee Bridges*... Abule Egba and Ajah*...

*Before you crucify Ambode remember Berger Interchange reconstruction*...

*Before you crucify Ambode remember Light Up Lagos*...

*Before you crucify Ambode remember Oshodi Transport Hub reconstruction*...

*Before you crucify Ambode remember Ijora, Yaba, Oyingbo bus stop redevelopment*...

*Before you crucify Ambode remember Lay bys and new bus stops*...

*Before you crucify Ambode remember Lagos is the safest city in Africa*...

*Before you crucify Ambode remember serial 114 inner city road projects in all LGA LCDAs*...

*Before you crucify Ambode remember Lagos Office of Civic Engagement and Lagos Global Office*...

*Before you crucify Ambode remember Lagos Art Projects*
*Before you crucify Ambode, remember pensioners are fully settled and happy with him*
*Remember we have been delivered from VIO and FRSC harassment*...

*Before you crucify Ambode, remember 21 Alimosho roads with two bridges

*Before you crucify Ambode remember the network of roads in Epe

*Before you crucify Ambode remember the Badagry Marina and Epe Marina projects

*Before you crucify Ambode remember the network of roads in Aboru and Abesan communities with a bridge

*Before you crucify Ambode remember Ajasa-Command Road

*Before you crucify Ambode remember the 67 communities in Ibeju-Lekki connected to the national grid after five years of darkness.

*Before you crucify Ambode remember the world class new Onikan Stadium and JK Randle Centre

*Before you crucify Ambode remember One Lagos Fiesta

*Before you crucify Ambode remember the ongoing multiple road projects in the Ikorodu division including Ishawo road project down to Arepo in Ogun State, Igbogbo-igbe-bola Tinubu road down to Gberigbe and environs.

*Before you crucify Ambode remember Lake Rice

*Before you crucify Ambode remember largest rice Mill in Africa under development in Imota

*Before you crucify Ambode remember Rent-to-own housing scheme

*Before you crucify Ambode remember the new Mile 12 market in Imota

*Before you crucify Ambode remember various projects in the health sector including completion of Ayinke House (Baby factory), new Intensive care unit, Helipad, new access road in LASUTH, health insurance, construction of many primary health care centres across the state, among others.

*Before you crucify Ambode remember land protection initiatives

*Before you crucify Ambode remember N25billion Employment Trust Fund which has helped to revamp hitherto moribund industries, facilitated new companies and help create thousands of jobs

*Before you crucify Ambode remember the advancement of multi-modal transport project with new jetties, new world class ferries, shoreline protection and channelization of new ferry routes, among others

*Before you crucify Ambode remember new Ilaje road and jetty

*Before you crucify Ambode remember the various initiatives against domestic violence

*Before you crucify Ambode remember the N500million disability fund

The list is endless.

As for me I will never crucify Ambode again in apc we trust

182 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by IMASTEX: 6:23am On Oct 01, 2018
Politics
Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by Thukzee01(m): 6:23am On Oct 01, 2018
Ok
Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by Masama: 6:25am On Oct 01, 2018
ikorodureporta:
...so Lagos no go celebrate independence today??

If Ambode is dropped, wetin go dy happen again for Lagos?
How will Ambode have time to celebrate Naija independence when he is fighting for his own independence

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by overall90: 6:25am On Oct 01, 2018
If people want to know the evils of godfatherism,they should look at the case of Anambra.
There was no meaningful development then until Ngige was able to extricate himself from the Uba brothers and proved to the state that there is enough money to work and pay salaries if the government wants to work such that when Peter Obi came there was no excuse.
lagosians might think their governors are working until they do away with godfatherism ,then can Lagos achieve its full potential.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by Naychuzzy(m): 6:26am On Oct 01, 2018
HsLBroker:
I feel for ambode

You really shouldn't. Right now He's as strong as ever. Especially with yestedays revelation. The fucker Sanwo Olu didn't even respond specifically to Ambodes allegation, meaning there are some real elements of truth in what he said. Aside that, once he (Ambode) loses the primary, even Tinubu is not safe anymore. Gbam.

Not to talk of yestedays revelation. Y'all think he would have done that without due consultations? I personally even think he's left it a lil too late in doing that. So theres nothing like he's messed up with what he did. He did so fcking right, especially since the fuccck boi Sanwo Olu didn't dispute the allegation. Or did he? We sha all went to school and we read the statement he put out too..

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by Bossontop(m): 6:26am On Oct 01, 2018
undecided
Tinubu be like...... its my grip on lagos reducing...or izit dat those pipu no longer respekt me

13 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by solex1988(m): 6:27am On Oct 01, 2018
Ambode,carry go

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by davodyguy: 6:27am On Oct 01, 2018
Ambode tried with the employment funds and fixed some important roads

7 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor by davodyguy: 6:28am On Oct 01, 2018
Naychuzzy:

You really shouldn't. Right now He's as strong as ever. Especially with yestedays revelation. The fucker Sanwo Olu didn't even respond specifically to Ambodes allegation, meaning there are some real elements of truth in what he said. Aside that, once he loses the primary, even Tinubu is not safe anymore. Gbam
he will go for the kill.
He's down and the next 8months would be crucial. He would just destroy the siege Tinubu laid on Lagos, stop Alpha Beta and many other avenues for stealing from Lagosians. A drowning man should drag others along too. Unfortunately, he doesn't have Fashola behind him. He messed with Fashola and never invited him specially for the 2017 Lagos at 50. He humiliated Fashola trying to pacify his boss, forgetting that àtòrì ti a fi nà iya le, ọ mbè lórí òkè fún iyawo

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship / FG Declares September 16 As National Identity day / Jigawa: Woman Touching N20,000 Cash For First Time, Burst Into Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.