Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,511 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / . (1586 Views)

Guys!! Please Come To My Rescue... I Need Help / In Need Of An Advice!!! / I Need An Advice On An Artisan Skill I Can Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by FutureDecisions: 8:45am On Oct 02, 2018

1 Like

Re: . by Flattino(m): 8:52am On Oct 02, 2018
You are a very unserious fellow.
Re: . by FutureDecisions: 8:56am On Oct 02, 2018
Flattino:
You are a very unserious fellow.
How
Re: . by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 02, 2018
My dear take that 50k job. School no dey finish...save money. You can even register for a part time study. I don't know why u should be worried about where ur mates are...
You are not even stable. Try and stay one place. Stop jumping from one place to another

2 Likes

Re: . by FutureDecisions: 9:16am On Oct 02, 2018
EasternDamsel4:
My dear take that 50k job. School no dey finish...save money. You can even register for a part time study. I don't know why u should be worried about where ur mates are...
You are not even stable. Try and stay one place. Stop jumping from one place to another

Thanks.

You mean I should do the 50k job and discontinue the tailoring work that I'm doing?
Re: . by RavenClaw: 9:18am On Oct 02, 2018
I think you should try to convince your parents even if it means you saying bad comments about your tailor boss.
If you work with the politician, he won't beat you or scold you. But the tailor will beat you for any little reason. And constant slaps from him.

How much do you earn from tailoring?

And besides this thread is not meant to be in romance section.
Re: . by TheManofTomorrow(m): 9:23am On Oct 02, 2018
What course do you plan to study in school if at all you will further your education?
Re: . by Avedonn: 9:30am On Oct 02, 2018
You better listen to your mom she knows better.

You are about to make a costly mistake by accepting that job that's if the job is even genuine.

Focus on your tailoring apprenticeship and keep begging your parents to reconsider their decision. Besides, I know she meant well for you and will never do any thing that'd ruin your life. So you need to calm down and stop running faster than your shadow.

Please don't destroy your life young man.

1 Like

Re: . by FutureDecisions: 9:34am On Oct 02, 2018
Avedonn:

You are about to make a costly mistake by accepting that job that's if the job is even genuine.

Focus on your tailoring apprenticeship and keep begging your parents to reconsider their decision. Besides, I know she meant well for you and will never do any thing that'd ruin your life. So you need to calm down and stop running faster than your shadow.

Thanks for your input.

First off, the job is genuine.

It's only my mum that decides.. She's the only one who pay my school fees.. My dad is also alive though but he doesn't have a job, he's old already.

1 Like

Re: . by FutureDecisions: 9:34am On Oct 02, 2018
TheManofTomorrow:
What course do you plan to study in school if at all you will further your education?

Computer Science
Re: . by FutureDecisions: 9:38am On Oct 02, 2018
RavenClaw:
I think you should try to convince your parents even if it means you saying bad comments about your tailor boss.
If you work with the politician, he won't beat you or scold you. But the tailor will beat you for any little reason. And constant slaps from him.

How much do you earn from tailoring?

And besides this thread is not meant to be in romance section.

There's no way I can bad mouth my boss... My parents would still tell me to endure.

My boss don't beat, he only gets angry and talks with anger and when he's angry, he can say anything.

I can't say I'm earning, I'm still learning and I only earn if friends want to sew or amend their clothes.

Mynd44 please help move to appropriate section

1 Like

Re: . by Avedonn: 9:53am On Oct 02, 2018
FutureDecisions:

Thanks for your input.

First off, the job is genuine.

It's only my mum that decides.. She's the only one who pay my school fees.. My dad is also alive though but he doesn't have a job, he's old already.

Yeah, I understand. Just calm down and do as she say.

I guess she did that because she knows the labour market is saturated with unemployed graduates and having a university degree is not a guarantee of securing a job so she's trying to give you something to fallback on should in case you couldn't secure a job after graduation. She just want you to have plan B in case plan A failed.

I guess you are the first child and as you said your dad is advanced in age so she might be thinking she can't afford to take care of you and siblings should any unforeseen circumstances happen.

Please don't see your Mom as a wicked woman because you never know what she always pass through to raise money for your school and your younger ones.

Just calm down, do the tailoring apprenticeship and on your free time, find a side hustle to enable you save some money which perhaps if she see how resilient you are, she might change her mind.

Please I repeat do not go against your mother's instruction by accepting that job. Because you'll end up regretting.

4 Likes

Re: . by RavenClaw: 10:21am On Oct 02, 2018
FutureDecisions:

There's no way I can bad mouth my boss... My parents would still tell me to endure.

My boss don't beat, he only gets angry and talks with anger and when he's angry, he can say anything.

I can't say I'm earning, I'm still learning and I only earn if friends want to sew or amend their clothes.

Mynd44 please help move to appropriate section

Then tell them that you have a better job where you earn money and that you will contribute some money to the family income.
Re: . by FutureDecisions: 10:47am On Oct 02, 2018
Avedonn:

Yeah, I understand. Just calm down and do as she say.

I guess she did that because she knows the labour market is saturated with unemployed graduates and having a university degree is not a guarantee of securing a job so she's trying to give you something to fallback on should in case you couldn't secure a job after graduation. She just want you to have plan B in case plan A failed.

I guess you are the first child and as you said your dad is advanced in age so she might be thinking she can't afford to take care of you and siblings should any unforeseen circumstances happen.

Please don't see your Mom as a wicked woman because you never know what she always pass through to raise money for your school and your younger ones.

Just calm down, do the tailoring apprenticeship and on your free time, find a side hustle to enable you save some money which perhaps if she see how resilient you are, she might change her mind.

Please I repeat do not go against your mother's instruction by accepting that job. Because you'll end up regretting.

I'm the last born.

I don't think she will change her mind. She's struggling to pay for my bro's school fee.

I understand the point that labour market is saturated.. She never had Idea that I want to study outside the country

She also never made mention that I will continue my education. She said once I'm done with the tailoring apprenticeship, we'll find ways to raise money for me to open my own SHOP.

1 Like

Re: . by FutureDecisions: 10:56am On Oct 02, 2018
RavenClaw:

Then tell them that you have a better job where you earn money and that you will contribute some money to the family income.

She don't want to hear.. She's just after that I should complete tailoring apprenticeship, try raise money then I open my own Shop.
Re: . by ImaIma1(f): 11:07am On Oct 02, 2018
Avedonn:

Sometimes parents get it wrong. His mum cannot be right all the time. She may be doing what she thinks is best which might be wrong. Mums are humans too...not above mistakes.

If he wanted to go back to school, she should have encouraged it instead of forcing him to do tailoring that he has no passion for. If he were to be in school, he may not consider leaving school for this job because he wants school and not tailoring.

Parents should stop forcing careers or businesses on their children. They don't always know best as we used to believe before. Many children are hopeless and frustrated because of their parent's interference in their lives. Parents should only guide and not impose.

Cc FutureDecisions

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by FutureDecisions: 11:14am On Oct 02, 2018
ImaIma1:

Sometimes parents get it wrong. His mum cannot be right all the time. She may be doing what she thinks is best which might be wrong. Mums are humans too...not above mistakes.

If he wanted to go back to school, she should have encouraged it instead of forcing him to do tailoring that he has no passion for. If he were to be in school, he may not consider leaving school for this job because he wants school and not tailoring.

Parents should stop forcing careers or businesses on their children. They don't always know best as we used to believe before. Many children are hopeless and frustrated because of their parent's interference in their lives. Parents should only guide and not impose.

Cc FutureDecisions

Thanks for your input ma.

Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: . by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 02, 2018
FutureDecisions:

Thanks.

You mean I should do the 50k job and discontinue the tailoring work that I'm doing?
Yes o
Because u are not even serious in the tailoring work. ..how can u stop work cos ur madam shows preference to the other than you? Don't u think there is something u ain't doing right for such a thing to even happen. Sit down and check urself.

1 Like

Re: . by Avedonn: 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2018
[quote author=FutureDecisions post=71713347]

I'm the last born.

I don't think she will change her mind. She's struggling to pay for my bro's school fee.

I understand the point that labour market is saturated.. She never had Idea that I want to study outside the country

She also never made mention that I will continue my education. She said once I'm done with the tailoring apprenticeship, we'll find ways to raise money for me to open my own SHOP. [/quote

So you what do you want to do?

It seems like you want to take up that job offer at Lagos don't you?

I have a few question for you.

1.What makes you the most suitable candidate for the job?

2. Do you still have intention of going back to school or you just want to keep huzling.

3. Since you know your mother is not going to change her mind do you want to take the risk of going ahead with your plans knowing too well if things turn otherwise it'd destroy your relationship with your Mom?

4. Do you know traveling abroad requires a lot of money?

5. What about your older siblings. where are they?
Re: . by Avedonn: 2:10pm On Oct 02, 2018
FutureDecisions:

I'm the last born.

She also never made mention that I will continue my education. She said once I'm done with the tailoring apprenticeship, we'll find ways to raise money for me to open my own SHOP.
Re: . by FutureDecisions: 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2018
Avedonn:

So you what do you want to do?
It seems like you want to take up that job offer at Lagos don't you?

I have a few question for you.

1.What makes you the most suitable candidate for the job?

2. Do you still have intention of going back to school or you just want to keep huzling.

3. Since you know your mother is not going to change her mind do you want to take the risk of going ahead with your plans knowing too well if things turn otherwise it'd destroy your relationship with your Mom?

4. Do you know traveling abroad requires a lot of money?

5. What about your older siblings. where are they?

Someone working for him referred me to him since he said he needs someone that can help him to be managing his website.

I still have the intention of going back to school

I am having double mind on whether to take the risk or not. Some people are saying it is a great opportunity for me as I would get to know more people/elites.

I know traveling out requires lots of money... I already planned everything it will cost me 2.5m which is what I'm searching for. That's the more reason I'm thinking of taking the job

My brother who happens to be the first one is in school, he's even struggling over there. My sis who happens to be the second born.. I don't want to talk about that.

1 Like

Re: . by Avedonn: 3:15pm On Oct 02, 2018
FutureDecisions:

Someone working for him referred me to him since he said he needs someone that can help him to be managing his website.

I still have the intention of going back to school

I am having double mind on whether to take the risk or not. Some people are saying it is a great opportunity for me as I would get to know more people/elites.

I know traveling out requires lots of money... I already planned everything it will cost me 2.5m which is what I'm searching for. That's the more reason I'm thinking of taking the job

My brother who happens to be the first one is in school, he's even struggling over there. My sis who happens to be the second born.. I don't want to talk about that.

You need 2.5m to travel out how long would it take you to save from 50k.

I'll advise you the way I'll advise my younger brother. Don't take that job without sorting things out with your mother because if some thing happen, you'll still end up coming back to her.

Once you travel to Lagos, it'd be difficult for you to continue with your education because life over there is very demanding and expensive. It might even tempt you to mingle with bad influence just to survive.

Stay back and do your tailor apprenticeship and also engage yourself in other productive things that'd fetch you some money.

Trust me, you'll reap the benefit of the tailoring business in the feature whether here or abroad. bedsides, you need skills to survive abroad and that tailoring business might be your saving grace.

I was watching a documentary some days back about migrants in France and saw a young man from Senegal making a decent living from a tailoring business while the rest of his friends are living from hand to mouth because they have no useful skills to depend on.

By the way, why the politician insisting on you?

Does that mean he couldn't find a qualified person to manage his blog in Lagos?

Please be careful o..

Don't allow uncertainty and naivety lead you to something dangerous.
Re: . by Avedonn: 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2018
ImaIma1:

Cc FutureDecisions

You are pushing him to embark on dangerous adventure. If he were to be your brother would you advise him like this?

What if something bad happen to him would you be there to save him?

Please don't push him in to doing something he'll end up regretting.

1 Like

Re: . by FutureDecisions: 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2018
Avedonn:

You need 2.5m to travel out how long would it take you to save from 50k.

I'll advise you the way I'll advise my younger brother. Don't take that job without sorting things out with your mother because if some thing happen, you'll still end up coming back to her.

Once you travel to Lagos, it'd be difficult for you to continue with your education because life over there is very demanding and expensive. It might even tempt you to mingle with bad influence just to survive.

Stay back and do your tailor apprenticeship and also engage yourself in other productive things that'd fetch you some money.

Trust me, you'll reap the benefit of the tailoring business in the feature whether here or abroad. bedsides, you need skills to survive abroad and that tailoring business might be your saving grace.

I was watching a documentary some days back about migrants in France and saw a young man from Senegal making a decent living from a tailoring business while the rest of his friends are living from hand to mouth because they have no useful skills to depend on.

By the way, why the politician insisting on you?

Does that mean he couldn't find a qualified person to manage his blog in Lagos?

Please be careful o..

Don't allow uncertainty and naivety lead you to something dangerous.

Ok, thanks.

He didn't insist on me though, I showed interest

1 Like

Re: . by ImaIma1(f): 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2018
Avedonn:

You are pushing him to embark on dangerous adventure. If he were to be your brother would you advise him like this?

What if something bad happen to him would you be there to save him?

Please don't push him in to doing something he'll end up regretting.

Pushing him? Is he not an adult? What is dangerous about wanting to go to school instead of doing tailoring?

Can't something bad also happen to him while he is learning the tailoring thing?

This is usually the problem with parents...feeling as if their way is the right and only way. It is the boy's life and future. Shouldn't he have a say in it?

If he is my brother, i will want to know what he has a passion for and help him achieve it and not try to derail him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Avedonn: 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2018
ImaIma1:

Pushing him? Is he not an adult? What is dangerous about wanting to go to school instead of doing tailoring?

Can't something bad also happen to him while he is learning the tailoring thing?

This is usually the problem with parents...feeling as if their way is the right and only way. It is the boy's life and future. Shouldn't he have a say in it?

If he is my brother, i will want to know what he has a passion for and help him achieve it and not try to derail him.

So what you are simply trying to say is he should rebel against his mother and travel to Lagos where he knows know on except a friend that promised him 50k blogging job?
Re: . by FutureDecisions: 8:16pm On Oct 02, 2018
Avedonn:

So what you are simply trying to say is he should rebel against his mother and travel to Lagos where he knows know on except a friend that promised him 50k blogging job?

The guy is not even in Lagos. The man came this State where I'm living to do something, he asked the person working for him if he knows someone who know about website management, the person working for the man happens to be my friend's younger bro.. He called his brother if he can do it his brother said know, his brother now refer them to me.

I have seen the man here and we've even talked about it face to face. That's when I get to know that I will have to move to Lagos with him...
Re: . by ImaIma1(f): 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2018
Avedonn:

The job is not sure and probably not secure. The tailoring would have been a better bet if he had the interest in it.

He should talk to his mother and let her know what he really wants that is if he is sure he knows what he wants. And they can go from there
Re: . by icogb: 12:08am On Oct 03, 2018
FutureDecisions. Pls follow the advice of dat lady dat is supporting your new job. If you can save 40 out of dat 50 you'ld have nothing less dan 400k by next one year. You cld start an online biz or som side hustle wif part of dat. Only advc I hv for you, be focused! Remember whr you re coming from- yr bckgrnd, limitations, etc. As for dos saying you wld be rebelling your mum, dnt mind dem- tis yr future besides, it wld hv bn rbel if she rovided you wif wot you need nd you choose not to use it.There are some of our celebrities today who re were dey re bc dey refused doin their parents wish. Den thnk abt sm1 lyk you wif a clean skill nd an opportunity to be were you'ld be more exposed nd challenged. Go nd wot I mean KEEP GOIN. Pray nd hv a strong hrt dat wen dis pple dat re saying you mst obey yr mum when it's obvio she is wrong, com fighting you in d spirit, you'ld not be conquered. Prove dem wrong nd com bck nd colllect mama's blessings. Only be strong.

2 Likes

Re: . by RavenClaw: 12:54pm On Oct 03, 2018
FutureDecisions:

She don't want to hear.. She's just after that I should complete tailoring apprenticeship, try raise money then I open my own Shop.

Talk to your father. But if all else fails you either do the tailoring , rebel or run away from home.
Re: . by FutureDecisions: 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2018
RavenClaw:

Talk to your father. But if all else fails you either do the tailoring , rebel or run away from home.

Thanks to you all, I appreciate.

I talked to my father today, he supports both what I said and what my mom said. He said he don't want me to disobey my mom.

What I just hate about him is that he feels because he's not the one paying for all my expenses, he has no control over the family. He always supports my mom or nothing.

The man that want to employ me said he'd like to me my parents before we go to Lagos together. But since my mom won't accept and my father will also follow what my mom says, I'm thinking of letting the man meet my bro only, then I move with him.

Both my blood bro and my cousin supports I do the new job because I will at least be financially free.

icogb ImaIma1 Avedonn EasternDamsel4

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help, Am Confused! / Tax And Pensions / Vacancy For Guards Trainer Tom Salem Integrated Services Onikan Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.