Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,186 members, 7,864,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:39 AM

. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / . (1639 Views)

Guys!! Please Come To My Rescue... I Need Help / In Need Of An Advice!!! / I Need An Advice On An Artisan Skill I Can Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by RavenClaw: 3:44pm On Oct 03, 2018
FutureDecisions:

Thanks to you all, I appreciate.

I talked to my father today, he supports both what I said and what my mom said. He said he don't want me to disobey my mom.

What I just hate about him is that he feels because he's not the one paying for all my expenses, he has no control over the family. He always supports my mom or nothing.

The man that want to employ me said he'd like to me my parents before we go to Lagos together. But since my mom won't accept and my father will also follow what my mom says, I'm thinking of letting the man meet my bro only, then I move with him.

Both my blood bro and my cousin supports I do the new job because I will at least be financially free.

icogb ImaIma1 Avedonn EasternDamsel4

Because from working with the man you can move on to a more better job or he can increase your pay rather than working for someone who doesn't see your worth.
Re: . by icogb: 4:03pm On Oct 03, 2018
FutureDecisions:

Thanks to you all, I appreciate.

I talked to my father today, he supports both what I said and what my mom said. He said he don't want me to disobey my mom.

What I just hate about him is that he feels because he's not the one paying for all my expenses, he has no control over the family. He always supports my mom or nothing.

The man that want to employ me said he'd like to me my parents before we go to Lagos together. But since my mom won't accept and my father will also follow what my mom says, I'm thinking of letting the man meet my bro only, then I move with him.

Both my blood bro and my cousin supports I do the new job because I will at least be financially free.

icogb ImaIma1 Avedonn EasternDamsel4
Good. You sound like someone dat knows wot he wants. Mek sure you get yrslf as exposed as possible nd mek sure you save dat moni.
Re: . by Avedonn: 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2018
It seems like your mind is made up about travelling to Lagos.
Just be careful and I hope your relationship with your mom will still be cordial after that.
Re: . by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2018
Avedonn:

You need 2.5m to travel out how long would it take you to save from 50k.

I'll advise you the way I'll advise my younger brother. Don't take that job without sorting things out with your mother because if some thing happen, you'll still end up coming back to her.

Once you travel to Lagos, it'd be difficult for you to continue with your education because life over there is very demanding and expensive. It might even tempt you to mingle with bad influence just to survive.

Stay back and do your tailor apprenticeship and also engage yourself in other productive things that'd fetch you some money.

Trust me, you'll reap the benefit of the tailoring business in the feature whether here or abroad. bedsides, you need skills to survive abroad and that tailoring business might be your saving grace.

I was watching a documentary some days back about migrants in France and saw a young man from Senegal making a decent living from a tailoring business while the rest of his friends are living from hand to mouth because they have no useful skills to depend on.

By the way, why the politician insisting on you?

Does that mean he couldn't find a qualified person to manage his blog in Lagos?

Please be careful o..

Don't allow uncertainty and naivety lead you to something dangerous.

Op if you know what is good for you better follow this advice. Better have a skill, it would be your saving grace tomorrow. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: . by Kwenty: 6:40pm On Oct 04, 2018
Look at how this boy is complaining about a woman who has struggled to put food on the table for the family and also sponsored your secondary education.
In as much as her choice of career might not be the best for you; you still don't have to severe your relationship with her just to have your way.
Remember you will still run back to her, if story comes up in the new job offer.
My dear skill acquisition is the way in Nigeria now, I expect you to have chosen another skill, if you are not comfortable with tailoring.
No job security in big organisations today not to talk of one man business.
No matter where you find yourself, please appreciate your mother's effort.
Re: . by Elthugnificent(m): 10:59am On Oct 05, 2018
Avedonn:

You are pushing him to embark on dangerous adventure. If he were to be ygour brother would you advise him like this?

What if something bad happen to him would you be there to save him?

Please don't push him in to doing something he'll end up regretting.
What if something good happens, life itself is a risk.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Asks Staff To Calculate Lockdown As Compulsory Unpaid Leave / Ciscon MD Refuses To Pay Staff, Flees Nigeria / What Can I Learn To Make Me Self Reliance After NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.