Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,316 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze (2105 Views)

Bukola Saraki: How I Handled My Electoral Defeat In 2019 / Saraki: How Magu Took His Non-confirmation Personally Against Me / Saraki: How Nigerians Can Prevent Election Rigging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze by Mishaya: 11:52am On Oct 02, 2018
We are in interesting times indeed. As the political fever moves across our national landscape, the unending yearnings of Nigerians are throwing up questionable heroes who are promising Eldorado should they be voted into office come 2019. From the State to the Federal level a sense of false hope seem to beleaguer the land, as various mantras now in circulation promises to change the change of 2015.

These self centered gladiators have sowed the seed of confusion among scores of uninformed Nigerians and effervescent young men and women who seem to have believed the desperados’ well construed lies. A great philosopher once said “hindsight is better than foresight; the more historically minded you are, the more you can understand the present and actually foresee the future.” Unfortunately, our present day Nigerian youths always fail to come to terms and make informed decisions in retrospect.

It is against this backdrop that the rising political demagogue of our time, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has been of great concern to me. Looking at things on the surface, the Senate President appears to hold the aces and represent everything Nigerians should desire in their President. He is young, relatively well read, with a rich array of political office experiences for his age, and of course he is the heir of a colossal political dynasty.

Also, Bukola is married to Toyin, who being the daughter of the Yoruba aristocrat Oloye Adekunle Ojora, the Otunba of Lagos, brings so much political capital to the table for Dr. Saraki at this material time. Not to forget the fact that the Senate President born of a Zimbabwean mother and his wife, Toyin are both British citizens. What more should Saraki ask for? Everything seems to be working for him and “I Thank God for his life.”
But in these synthetic goodwills lies his albatross; for one thing is common with Senate President Bukola Saraki, he has mastered the art of betrayal, which has been his well concocted ladder to the top. With Mr. Bukola Saraki, there is no holds barred with what he can do, or who he must muzzle out of the way to gain a political advantage.

How more real can this aspect of his true personality be reflected than when Bukola bite and chopped off the very finger that fed him? Right in our very eyes, in the glare of the whole world, the junior Saraki stabbed his own father in the back, wrenched the political structure the old man laboured to build for well over 50 years, publicly disgraced the man who so loved and gave him everything, and of course heartlessly sent him to an early grave without recourse to human conscience.

One can then wonder what would have become of Queen Elizabeth of England or even Prince Charles had Bukola Saraki stood in the line of succession like Prince William or Prince Harry? For sure everyone standing in his way to the throne will be gone by now. I’m too sure Saraki would have wittingly killed the Queen, eliminated Prince Charles and even murdered his only brother all in a bid to get to the throne; after all who won’t want to be the King of England?

Betrayal is something that comes from deep inside the human nature – a phenomenon that underlies all the unpleasant things that human beings do to each other. Moreover, the very nature of betrayal is dramatic, both in the act, and in its consequences, so dramatic that the victim is always left bewildered. Like Julius Caesar who when stabbed by each of the assassins, bleeding profusely, he stumbles towards his closest friend, only to be stabbed by him too. “And you too Brutus?” sums up Caesar’s surprise, disappointment and sadness at being betrayed by this particular friend.
I think Saraki is worse than Brutus. I can only imagine the grim look on the face of the senior Saraki, especially in his final moments, knowing that his own son killed him for his insatiable thirst and quest for power. I’m too certain the old man must have muttered words of curses which I’m afraid may come to fruition presently at the highest height of Bukola’s rise.

As a student of history, I’m watching patiently to see what will be the end of the Senate President; especially now that he is coming to the very end of reaping the harvests of his infamous life of betrayal.

Like Judas Iscariot, I know it will not end well with Saraki, the very reason I’m afraid that the entire nation may suffer irreparable losses if the judgement is unleashed on him while he holds the reins of power. Indeed Saraki is like a poisonous snake well wrapped in a cellophane bag.

Nigerians Beware!

- Frank Eze -

Re: My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze by Righteousness89(m): 11:55am On Oct 02, 2018
Betrayed his Father for a National course..

Saraki may not be a Saint but as far as I am Concerned He is a Nationalist Leader..

The Last time I Checked, Nigeria is not running a Monarchy Government

2 Likes

Re: My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2018
This is rubbish
Re: My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze by Cantonese: 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2018
Have you done your research properly? Is it not in the prayer of parents that children should do better than them in life? Parents leave legacies and expect their children to build on and extend their legacies. I believe that should be your wish brother. Remember that in the game of power there is no room for sentiments. Bukola Saraki was well tutored by his father and all he read, he practicalised. He rose up when it mattered and fought for that political power from his father and got it. He did not wait for the crumbs. Kwara state is does not belong to the Sarakis alone and he understood it early. He said it to his father clearly that Kwara state is not their sole property. That even gave the likes of Lai Mohammed to opportunity to boast in Kwara today. The rest now is history cause just as his father was a godfather he now is a godfather. Look at this: which of his sibblings did their father hand over power to? Which of his sibblings rose up to fight for power? Which of them has power? NONE! Today he is the most powerful politician in Kwara state. It is a eye opener for people who want to wait for small tashere from their parents always. Ok now look again. Have you heard him and his sibblings fighting over their inheritance from their father. Life is about change, handing over the baton and moving on. Thanks.
Re: My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze by Israelmossaic: 12:56pm On Oct 02, 2018
To be fair to Saraki, he wanted power not to remain in the family. He wanted others to have a shot at it that was why he brought the incumbent Governor, and refused to support his sister.

He's doing it again. A very young man has emerged as a PDP candidate for the guber election.

Am not his fan for the presidential election though.
Re: My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze by danduke85: 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2018
Cantonese:
Have you done your research properly? Is it not in the prayer of parents that children should do better than them in life? Parents leave legacies and expect their children to build on and extend their legacies. I believe that should be your wish brother. Remember that in the game of power there is no room for sentiments. Bukola Saraki was well tutored by his father and all he read, he practicalised. He rose up when it mattered and fought for that political power from his father and got it. He did not wait for the crumbs. Kwara state is does not belong to the Sarakis alone and he understood it early. He said it to his father clearly that Kwara state is not their sole property. That even gave the likes of Lai Mohammed to opportunity to boast in Kwara today. The rest now is history cause just as his father was a godfather he now is a godfather. Look at this: which of his sibblings did their father hand over power to? Which of his sibblings rose up to fight for power? Which of them has power? NONE! Today he is the most powerful politician in Kwara state. It is a eye opener for people who want to wait for small tashere from their parents always. Ok now look again. Have you heard him and his sibblings fighting over their inheritance from their father. Life is about change, handing over the baton and moving on. Thanks.

Quit the sentiment and smell the coffee. Nigerians are quick to display emotions. SARAKI is selfish and wants more power and immunity. Give him power and you will not recover from it.

1 Like

Re: My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze by SolutionMee: 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2018
cheesy Stale
Re: My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze by PiQi: 1:59pm On Oct 02, 2018
“Try not to stress over the shady people (Saraki) who betrayed you (Nigerian esp Kwarans). I know it hurts but the truth is that they (Him - Saraki) were always shady, they (He - Saraki) are never going to change and you (Nigerian esp Kwarans) are actually much better off now because at least you (Nigerian esp Kwarans) know who they (He - Saraki) really are.”

A word is enough for the wise.

#GrowYourself forget those greedy piece of sh*t...
Re: My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze by danduke85: 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
Stale

Stale right? Nigerians! What is important for you and your country? Again, its relative. Common sense requires us to think outside the box. Face the truth my brother and cheerish history before it comes back to bite you.
Re: My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze by midb1: 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2018
saraki is damn too selfish .
he betrayed his father for power
betrayed societe general bank for money
betrayed GEJ for power
betrayed Buhari for power

NIGERIANS BE WARN!!!!!!!!

SARAKI CAN BETRAY ANYBODY
Re: My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze by Cantonese: 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2018
That my friends unfortunately is what power play is all about!
Re: My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze by Idokojimmy: 8:46am On Oct 03, 2018
Cantonese:

No father would pray for a dangerous overtaking, built on betrayal. No doubt, his father brought him to power, but becoming over ambitious and stabbing him on the back is like forcing your father to dance naked in the market square.

If he learned from his father, he should have understood the power of persuasion. his father used persuasion to sustain his reign. He should have used the same tactics to discourage the father from fielding his sister as his successor. Saraki was not against taking over his sister's place in the Senate, but he was against her taking over his place as the governor. What a double standard.

He betrayed Jonathan, today he is on his knees begging him for support.

Lets wait to see how developments unfold
Re: My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze by Cantonese: 4:23am On Oct 14, 2018
Idokojimmy:

No father would pray for a dangerous overtaking, built on betrayal. No doubt, his father brought him to power, but becoming over ambitious and stabbing him on the back is like forcing your father to dance naked in the market square.

If he learned from his father, he should have understood the power of persuasion. his father used persuasion to sustain his reign. He should have used the same tactics to discourage the father from fielding his sister as his successor. Saraki was not against taking over his sister's place in the Senate, but he was against her taking over his place as the governor. What a double standard.

He betrayed Jonathan, today he is on his knees begging him for support.

Lets wait to see how developments unfold

That is why some people are players while others are spectators. In the game of power you must not be a spectator. Saraki understands the rules very well . He may kneel to beg with the understanding that the gesture is able to change the political equation. Obasanjo as the president knelt to beg Atiku in 2003 as witnssed and informed to the public by the respected Wole Soyinka. Today we find the same Atiku more than kneeling to beg Obasanjo just to get to that office. In the game of politics and power, backstabbing in allowed. That is why you find friends in different camps and enemies in the same camp. Interest is the name of the business. Permanent friends and permanent enemies will get you no where. Sentiments will keep you stagnated. If Bola Tinubu was sentimental in 2003 Obasanjo would have swept him away and he did to other governors then in 2003. They reconciled and removed Jonathan. Tinubu called Obasanjo a father. What has happened to that father/son relationship today? Interests took over and they are in different camps again. Look at Katsina state, two brothers contested for the available senatorial seat two months ago under the APC and PDP. APC won and was sworn in on tuesday 09/10/2018. In Yobe state last week in the APC primaries the former governor's wife and his own son fought for the HOA ticket. No one stepped down, the same household and the stepmum won. That is the game of power for you. No one wants to be a loser. Where is Gbemisola Saraki today? She sentimentally and with due respect hid under her father and power eroded her. She is in the opposition today believing that is the way forward for her and she may possibly snatch power from her brother to pay him back. I tell you, it does not stop them from being who they are - sibblings.

3 Likes

Re: My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze by ojobek: 6:06am On Oct 14, 2018
danduke85:

Quit the sentiment and smell the coffee. Nigerians are quick to display emotions. SARAKI is selfish and wants more power and immunity. Give him power and you will not recover from it.
Everybody want power and immunity, ask tinubu,atiku,buhari etc.after saraki 8yrs in government, his father asked him to hand over to his sister in which he said"NO"that kwara is not their private property, had he handed over to his sister,you people will still say they turn kwara to their private property.WHAT TYPE OF COURSE ARE WE EVEEN TALKING ABOUT,you mean from being,adviser to Obasanjo,to state governor, to senate president ,contest PDP primary .If that is what you refer to as course,my brother,i want it.
Re: My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze by ojobek: 6:18am On Oct 14, 2018
IS FRANK EZE SPEAKING AS EYE WITNESS OR BELIEVE IN THEM SAY?FROM WHAT I KNOW,FRANK IS NOT FROM KWARA STATE.
Re: My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze by Stanweezy(m): 7:20am On Oct 14, 2018
Politics no permanent friends no permanent enemy just a common interest
Re: My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze by Omeokachie: 7:24am On Oct 14, 2018
Who is this John Doe aka Frank Eze?

(1) (Reply)

2019 Election: APC Loses Zamfara State! / Biafra : Gov. Okowa Reveals When Nigeria Will Breakup / First Female Air Force Wing Commander From Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.