Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. (18756 Views)

2 Reasons Why Cheating On Your Spouse Is Not In The Bible. / Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2018
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 07, 2018
realowded:

It's simple, if both parties have agreed to divorce. And both are willing to remarry... They will simply commit adultery... Then divorce and remarry and seek forgiveness for adultery.... How bout that?
Sense will not kill you too. grin However notice in the bible that it talks about only the men can remarry but the woman nothing is said. In fact this may imply that women were not allowed to divorce. Only men were allowed to divorce their wife if they caught her in adultery. Of course the bible was written during a period women were considered at property. So we may in this age imply it to mean it should work both ways.(not too sure about that) This is similar to the issue of women being instructed to not preach in church.
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Glink2018(m): 4:00pm On Oct 07, 2018
Tinalex:
They don show again!!! Some people just follow the bible sheepishly, so cos the spouse is alive he should not marry again but to keep hoping from one woman to another to satisfy his sexual urge n emotional needs? Have you ever had a critical thinking of books of Paul to see that he is sort of an extremist and discriminatory gender based? Do you ever think of his background before he met Christ and how all this reflects in his teachings? If you comply with the biblical teachings sheepishly and strictly trust me you would have been homicidal or committed suicide @op. Biko...live n let's live. It's Chris Attoh's live not yours so stop the judgement!!!

By their fruits you shall know them.
Didn't you read it in Bible that God hate divorce...

Bible is a standard for living a Christian Life. If you like follow it , if you don't like don't follow.... don't come here to justify your untowards lifestyle.
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by SmilingMary(m): 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
12inches1:

Bro just wait to catch her sleeping with another man an claim its adultery then you're free to remarry. Sense will not kill me.

Smiles, that's a waste of time. Better things to do and achieve in this life. Marriage ain't everything
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
SmilingMary:

Smiles, that's a waste of time. Better things to do and achieve in this life. Marriage ain't everything
Anyway i think what Jesus wanted was the man to keep working through whatever issues except if it was for adultery. It will have been conclusive if a woman also asked him this same question and he gave an answer.
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by NoToPile: 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2018
I wonder why people don't talk about forgiveness when stating the 'except' adultery part.

Why is it so difficult to forgive and so easy for us to say 'divorce' which from the beginning was not so and is because of the hardness of our hearts'

Any way Death is what dissolves a marriage as a christain
If for any reason you get seperated, you cannot remarry till the person dies shikena or better still solve the issue

If you get cheated on forgive as christ has forgiven you.

2 Likes

Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by amaben2020(m): 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2018
How many years do you have on earth that you can't remarry and make yourself happy
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by princetom1(m): 5:40pm On Oct 07, 2018
Righteousness89:

Let me Explain this Simply:
Separation and Remarry are the 2 things here.

That Scripture says Except it be for Fornication you are not permitted to Seprate ( Put away your spouse)

If you cannot Forgive and you go ahead to Remarry someone else you are committing Adultery!

Look at Luke 16:18

Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth Adultery

Sorry sir... But u just contradicting urself. Please think well.

1 Like

Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Amhappy(f): 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2018
bedspread:
The Bible is the account of God’s action in the world, and his purpose with all creation.

The Bible is GOD'S written Guide to Humanity..

The Bible Contains is our GOD'S Laws to Humanity by which we will be Judged..

But we are not the Judge. He is!
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Amhappy(f): 5:57pm On Oct 07, 2018
Twoclans:

The catholic church is one church that finds it very difficult to annul marriages ,I am a catholic and I know that the church is beginning to soft pedal based on current realities. My parish alone has had three annulments this year alone.I was just looking at the priest today when he was preaching against separation and I was asking myself shebi this guy has forgotten so soon.

Annulment of marriage is different from divorce. I don't think you are married. When you attend weddings in the Catholic church listen to the first words of vows taken by the couple. ' I hereby declare that I know not of any impediment ......'. Impediments are deceit, lies,serious issues,;impotency, madness,health challenges etc that you have as a single person. If you failed to disclose these to your partner before marriage. That marriage is declared null and void by the church.
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by malel1: 6:24pm On Oct 07, 2018
NoToPile:
I wonder why people don't talk about forgiveness when stating the 'except' adultery part.

Why is it so difficult to forgive and so easy for us to say 'divorce' which from the beginning was not so and is because of the hardness of our hearts'

Any way Death is what dissolves a marriage as a christain
If for any reason you get seperated, you cannot remarry till the person dies shikena or better still solve the issue

If you get cheated on forgive as christ has forgiven you.

Best write up , but what in a situation that there is domestic violence ? Are u expecting her or she to forgive ?
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Ubenedictus(m): 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2018
realowded:

Please which one is civil marriage and which one is valid?
Shey is the a for heaven dem do the marriage before?
A marriage is presumed valid when two people without lawful impediment exchange free informed consent, the is civil marriage AKA court, traditional and christian. divorce in any of those settings of marriage does not affect its indissolubility
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Cyriloha(m): 7:15pm On Oct 07, 2018
budaatum:

Even after divorce and both parties have gone their separate ways? I guess that's one reason why people don't follow what the Bible says and write their own!

Guy after divorce instead make you fk for baba God head for nothing de annoy him any how for nothing I think is better you marry and have your Holy sez in peace simple
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Ubenedictus(m): 7:21pm On Oct 07, 2018
Sman37:

How many wife did Jesus marry or at which verse Jesus himself said what and who and how marriage should be done check
who she is,
Racheal ==
(Old Testament) the second wife of Jacob and mother of Joseph and Benjamin
are they also unbelievers to u ?
Maybe you should read matthew 19, Jesus put an end to that. jacob also had slaves that doesnt mean slavery is permitted today
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Ubenedictus(m): 7:29pm On Oct 07, 2018
sacramento1212:

Hmmmm...I will have to reconfirm this from the holy book. My understanding was that the only grounds for divorce is adultery and after which any of the both parties can remarry.
He is right, even ur church will not allow remarriage becos of divorce.
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by budaatum: 7:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
Cyriloha:

Guy after divorce instead make you fk for baba God head for nothing de annoy him any how for nothing I think is better you marry and have your Holy sez in peace simple
Say that in Spanish. I'm sure I'd get you better.
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by bedspread: 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2018
Amhappy:

But we are not the Judge. He is!
Thats why you Have HIS WORD the BIBLE
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by oruma19: 8:03pm On Oct 07, 2018
bedspread:
At Liberty to do what??
Why u confusing yourself !
You read the Bible to suite yourself..

The Scriptures u gave is a very good one and it will judge u...
another zombie spotted. Beta read and understand...pastors have deceived all of u and many of them are remarrying while their former wives are still alive. They know and understand what u dont know. I am helping u now u wont hear.. grin grin. As regards the judgement part, what will judge us before? Is it not our works? Make we de see as d judgement go go nau...thank God u no be God.

1 Like

Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by bedspread: 8:05pm On Oct 07, 2018
oruma19:
another zombie spotted. Beta read and understand...pastors have deceived all of u and many of them ate remarrying while their former wives are still alive. They know and understand what u dont know. I am helping u now u wont hear.. grin grin. As regards the judgement part, what will judge us before? Is it not iur works? Make we de see as d judgement go go nau...thank God u no be God.
So if ur Pastor does it, it is Right!!
Young man! Eternity is a Personal Race!
Your Bishop will not Give Account for you..

WORK OUT YOUR SALVATION!!
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by oruma19: 8:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
bedspread:

So if ur Pastor does it, it is Right!!
Young man! Eternity is a Personal Race!
Your Bishop will not Give Account for you..

WORK OUT YOUR SALVATION!!
all these my fellow nairalanders its always difficult to explain to u guys another opinion apart from ur own. Can we just all practise what we believe? Pls make we nor fight abeg, i need to rest i no get power for talk. Lets do what is right as we umderstand. Make we no quarel we dont need it now..let Buhari carry his problem and leave us alone..thats what i ask for..thank u
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Righteousness89(m): 8:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
princetom1:

Sorry sir... But u just contradicting urself. Please think well.
wat language do u understand apart from English
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by OneJ: 8:45pm On Oct 07, 2018
Righteousness89:

From The Scriptures, it says Except it be for Fornication.
What is Fornication? Fornication is Sexual intercourse between people not married to themselves.
Fornication is Infidelity ..

A man who finds his wife on bed with another man , will definitely get mad, angry and all that.

Now, if that happens in Marriage and The Man cannot bare it and forgive the Woman. If he chases such a woman , He is not permitted to get Married to Any Other Woman. Except at the death of that His lawfully wedded wife who he chased out!

Look at Luke 16:18 for clearer explanation

Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth Adultery
Righteousness89:

From The Scriptures, it says Except it be for Fornication.
What is Fornication? Fornication is Sexual intercourse between people not married to themselves.
Fornication is Infidelity ..

A man who finds his wife on bed with another man , will definitely get mad, angry and all that.

Now, if that happens in Marriage and The Man cannot bare it and forgive the Woman. If he chases such a woman , He is not permitted to get Married to Any Other Woman. Except at the death of that His lawfully wedded wife who he chased out!

Look at Luke 16:18 for clearer explanation

Matt 19:3-9, is a more comprehensive account of what Christ said about marriage & divorce, than Luke's account in Luke 16:18. U don't seem to grasp & thoroughly comprehend that.
U said some one divorced can not remarry until their former spouse dies. Do U really know the meaning of the word "divorce"?
U just dey put people for bondage & enforce guilty complex on them with your satanic doctrine. Nawa ooo !
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by paxonel(m): 8:45pm On Oct 07, 2018
Righteousness89:
YOu are A Joker! Be Decieving yourself.....
do you here yourself talking?

When two people who made mistake to marry themselves but later realizes that they were not compartible to each other in the first place, are you saying that they should continue to live with each other and continue suffering simply because you think some scriptures says they should maintain their marriage?

It is you that is deceiving yourself and the bigger joker.

Go and live with a woman who you are not compartible with if you are a man and bear the suffering yourself and stop giving people the rubbish advice

1 Like

Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Righteousness89(m): 8:47pm On Oct 07, 2018
paxonel:
do you here yourself talking?

When two people who made mistake to marry themselves but later realizes that they are not compartible to each other, are you saying that they should continue to live with each other and continue suffering simply because you think some scriptures says they should maintain their marriage?

It is you that is deceiving yourself and the bigger joker.

Go and live with a woman who you are not compartible with if you are a man and bear the suffering yourself and stop giving people the rubbish advice
WHO FORCED U TO MARRY?
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Righteousness89(m): 8:48pm On Oct 07, 2018
OneJ:

Matt 19:3-9, is a more comprehensive account of what Christ said about marriage & divorce, than Luke's account in Luke 16:18. U don't seem to grasp & thoroughly comprehend that.
U said some one divorced can not remarry until their former spouse dies. Do U really know the meaning of the word "divorce"?
U just dey put people for bondage & enforce guilty complex on them with your satanic doctrine. Nawa ooo !

Whats your point Sir!
If you wanna obey GOD, Obey HIM!
if u wanna go your way, it's ur choice!

You cannot modify GOD'S WORD to suit yourself..

If you hv a red letter Bible you will know those words were words directly from JESUS CHRIST!!

Everyone will give Account for Himself! But at least u can't claim u don't know the Truth!
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by paxonel(m): 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2018
Righteousness89:
WHO FORCED U TO MARRY?
so because someone has made the mistake to marry wrongly then he should continue to suffer when there are better options?

You do well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Righteousness89(m): 8:56pm On Oct 07, 2018
paxonel:
so because someone has made the mistake to marry wrongly then he should continue to suffer when there are better options?

You do well.
Let me ask you... When two people are getting married, do u listen to the words they Proclaim?

Marriage is a Life Time Institution, that's why u need to Ensure you get Involved with GOD'S will for you . Marriage is a Life Time Commitment!!
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by NoToPile: 9:18pm On Oct 07, 2018
malel1:

Best write up , but what in a situation that there is domestic violence ? Are u expecting her or she to forgive ?

In domestic violence cases separate till whatever it is that is disturbing the head of the abuser clears off, whenever it clears off.

In a christain marriage domestic abuse shouldn't even occur but just incase it does, I believe they should seperate for safety sake till it's proven there's a change.
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by OneJ: 9:58pm On Oct 07, 2018
OneJ:

Matt 19:6-9
v9"I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, EXCEPT FOR MARITAL UNFAITHFULNESS, and marries another woman commits adultery"

From a biblical standpoint, Jesus himself approved divorce when one or both spouses goes outside the marriage arena , which violates the marriage union (Hebrew 13:4. 1 Cor 7:2).

The other option is forgiveness, if U don't wanna go the divorce route (Col 3:12-14) "Bear with each other & forgive whatever grievances you may have against another."

Pls shine your eyes here.... with understanding.
If a spouse quits his /her marriage, to carry on with another woman/man, that spouse is guilty of defilement of the marriage union. He is an unbeliever (who no longer believes in) your marriage,so let him/her go. Nsogbu adighi.
Pls Go obtain a legal divorce & set yourself free to remarry again.

"But if an unbeliever leaves, let him/her do so. A believing man or woman is NOT BOUND IN SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES. " 1 Cor 7:15.

Because she divorced a serial cheat & Casanova, make she no marry again ?
Dump that crap into a dustbin!!!
Go & marry again. It's your God-given right. "For God has called you to live in peace".
NOT in pieces of emotional trauma ,man made induced guilt & stigma.

cc : stagger
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 07, 2018
bedspread:
The Bible is the account of God’s action in the world, and his purpose with all creation.

The Bible is GOD'S written Guide to Humanity..

The Bible Contains is our GOD'S Laws to Humanity by which we will be Judged..

The Bible was written be MEN!
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by sacramento1212: 11:19pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ubenedictus:
He is right, even ur church will not allow remarriage becos of divorce.

He's wrong. Matt 19: 9 answered my queries because there's a condition attached. Once there's an established fact of fornication, divorce can come in if the man or woman chooses not to forgive and continue in marriage. And after divorce, any of the parties can choose to remarry. Case closed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CAN Lagos Chapter Directs Churches To Close At 11pm On December 31 / Is There Any Sin In Naming A Child Jesus ? / Antichrist At Work!the Maddest Novel History Ever Produced. (the Davinci Code)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.