Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. (18760 Views)

2 Reasons Why Cheating On Your Spouse Is Not In The Bible. / Bishop Oyedepo Buys New Aircraft. Sells Old Ones / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Righteousness89(m): 9:23am On Oct 07, 2018
Pataricatering:
Humanity will always win over religion ! Same bible that says you shouldn’t remarry will still say no fornication ! So you marry a terror and proceed to have an unhappy marriage- you divorce then you have to remain celibate without sex nor a companion? It’s all these rubbish irrational dogma that will eventually kill religion ! You can’t subvert the will of humans - it’s just not possible!
Bible is not Religion.
Bible is The Word of GOD! That's why all effort to Cripple the Bible has failed.... it's GOD'S WORD
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by sacramento1212: 9:23am On Oct 07, 2018
Twoclans:

The catholic church is one church that finds it very difficult to annul marriages ,I am a catholic and I know that the church is beginning to soft pedal based on current realities. My parish alone has had three annulments this year alone.I was just looking at the priest today when he was preaching against separation and I was asking myself shebi this guy has forgotten so soon.

I am a born, baptised and confirmed catholic as well. But i guess this varies according to different parishes. But one thing i believe is that the bible is accessible to all and we can always find answers there despite using the bulletin on Sundays and weekday masses cheesy.

Many churches these days are misleading the parishioners and many carry this same mentality of whatsoever my parish priest or pastor says is the ultimate. Sacrament of marriage isn't a joke and if you must join with another in marriage, you must fully be ready for the outcome and not chicken out when the challenges surface.

In the same catholic church, i have seen a situation that a man that wedded the 1st wife, left her and got involved with another woman and he was also wedded again in the same catholic church. Petitions were written and then Archbishop okogie took the matter up but i don't know what the outcome was sha.

I don't think the Catholic Church is soft pedalling but rather it's the some parishes that soft pedal
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by princetom1(m): 9:24am On Oct 07, 2018
Righteousness89:

No bro... are u reading the same bible am Reading?
if you have a Red lettered Bible you will notice that those words were by JESUS HIMSELF..

Matthew 19:9
And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

Sorry sir, u did comprehension in school, right?

This part, read it slowly again 'except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery'

Now let me ask u sir... According to Jesus... Do u still commit a sin if u divorce and marry another wife or another husband if it's because of fornication ur spouse commit?

2 Likes

Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by sacramento1212: 9:27am On Oct 07, 2018
bedspread:

If u decide to That , you are not Permitted to Re-Marry by The GOD..

Hmmmm...I will have to reconfirm this from the holy book. My understanding was that the only grounds for divorce is adultery and after which any of the both parties can remarry.
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Chineke1stSon: 9:31am On Oct 07, 2018
Righteousness89:

And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

What Exactly don't u understand here!
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Chineke1stSon: 9:33am On Oct 07, 2018
Righteousness89:

What Exactly don't u understand here!
The keyword here is EXCEPT...it means except a partner was divorced on the grounds of adultery then it will be wrong for the partner who was wronged(cheated upon) to remarry..it is as clear as day in that passage.

1 Like

Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Righteousness89(m): 9:33am On Oct 07, 2018
edeXede:
embarassed

This is why muslims make jest of christian doctrines. Some christian cant explain or seems not comprehend whta is written in the bible.

The bible makes it explicitly clear that you are only allowed to file for divorce only if one of the spouse committed adultery and only if you deem it fit not to forgive him/her.Then, file for divorce and remarry.

Mathew 19:8-9 says Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

The bible went further and talk about how he sees people that divorced their spouse for any reason except sexual immorality,

Malachi 2:16 says 16 “The man who hates and divorces his wife,” says the LORD, the God of Israel, “does violence to the one he should protect,” says the LORD Almighty. So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful.

Read your bible with Understanding bro..
To get the full understanding read den to verse 12..
Facts from that Scripture
1.Putting away your spouse for infidelity is not a License to Remarry....

2. Only death is Permitted by the Bible to separate a Man and Wife..

3. Re-marrying while your Orginal spouse is alive is an act of Adultery..

1 Like

Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by GlobalGisting(m): 9:34am On Oct 07, 2018
You can remarry if the divorce is based on adultery. It's clear

1 Like

Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Chineke1stSon: 9:34am On Oct 07, 2018
sacramento1212:

Hmmmm...I will have to reconfirm this from the holy book. My understanding was that the only grounds for divorce is adultery and after which any of the both parties can remarry.
That is what the Bible means..people are just trying to read more meaning into that which is as clear as day..
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Righteousness89(m): 9:40am On Oct 07, 2018
Chineke1stSon:

The keyword here is EXCEPT...it means except a partner was divorced on the grounds of adultery then it will be wrong for the partner who was wronged(cheated upon) to remarry..it is as clear as day in that passage.
No! The Bible is simple to Read...

Except for Fornication- The Reason for divorce

And shall Marry Another, Committeh Adultery.

And Whoso Marrieth her which is put away commits Adultery..
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Pataricatering(f): 9:42am On Oct 07, 2018
bedspread:

Bro Biblically there is nothing like proper dissolution of marriage.. Only Death permits a Man or Woman to Re-Marry.....

A Woman whose Husband is a serial beater can leave the house to save her Life... but is not Permitted to Re-marry..

If you can't forgive your spouse due to infidelity or whatever you are not Permitted to Re-marry. Except for Death sake
She should simply poison him instead , abi ?

1 Like

Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:45am On Oct 07, 2018
What can I say?

All I know is that if you are in a marriage where you are being abused,cheated on or unhappy and you feel that the best way to regain your sanity is by divorcing such a spouse.Feel free and if you find love again remarry whether your ex is alive or dead.

How can one who is divorced remain single and not enjoy their life with another because the ex is still alive.

Seriously some of these Jewish laws need to accommodate the 21st century reality.

1 Like

Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Chineke1stSon: 9:46am On Oct 07, 2018
Righteousness89:

Lol nigerians and their love for roundabout argument..you just reiterated my point by your first two lines...but you can't see it or refuses to acknowledge it..

1 Like

Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:46am On Oct 07, 2018
Pataricatering:
She should simply poison him instead , abi ?

Don't mind them.

One cannot find love again because the ex is alive.

1 Like

Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Pataricatering(f): 9:57am On Oct 07, 2018
Who is trying to cripple the Bible if not Christians themselves?
You all head to church on sundays to listen to criminals up elevated above Jesus talk hypocritically about a book with laws that they themselves flout ! You all rush out of church to desecrate that same bible all day everyday ! Divorce , fornication , stealing , lying , adultery , etc etc yet the Devil is definitely winning , my friend! What is the relevance of a book most it’s follows flout it’s teachings ? Lol !
Righteousness89:
Bible is not Religion.
Bible is The Word of GOD! That's why all effort to Cripple the Bible has failed.... it's GOD'S WORD

1 Like

Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by ewizard1: 10:09am On Oct 07, 2018
akeentech:
Oh! this scripture is as confused as it's readers

Lmaoooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by princetom1(m): 10:10am On Oct 07, 2018
Righteousness89:

I taya for that guy o... I have no words to quantify him... Maybe he is just trying to cause a confusion intentionally.
If not, then, i will understand now why many churches teaches lies in their churches... Can u imagine reading a Bible verse over and over again and yet he can't still understand wat the Bible is saying? D Bible used the word, except (fornication) abd yet he is adamant and headstrong that only death. I give up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by SmilingMary(m): 10:11am On Oct 07, 2018
One thing I have come to understand is this, humans always want what they want. This is very bad. Before you marry, know all that concerns marriage, it isn't a simple business deal, u walk in and easily work out from. If you know u can't do what is necessary incase certain mishaps occur, then don't marry. If you know u can't remain single after divorce, then don't marry. Stop using words like happiness, abuse etc to justify certain things. It's clear as day, u can only divorce in the case of infidelity on the part of your partner. So anytime you partner acts unaccordingly u chicken out because u ain't happy. Marriage isn't business deals. God holds it seriously and that's what will send many people to hell on the last day.
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by ewizard1: 10:14am On Oct 07, 2018
kullozone:
These ones don't even know anything other than to embarrass their religion. Even the unbelievers study their holy bible more than them.

Mumu people...

Mtcheeewsmiley

grin grin grin

The more funny thing was, even with the scripture quoting, they still disagree!!!
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by adisababa1234: 10:23am On Oct 07, 2018
Righteousness89:

Bro Read the Bible with Understanding..

Matthew 19:6-9 is very clear...

V.9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

If you hv to put away your wife, you are not permitted to Marry another woman.

The Bible says Marriage is till death do you part.. The Bible cannot contradict itself..

Death is the the only thing permitted for a man to Re-Marry..

GOD even hates Divorce see Malachi 2:16
But sir there was exception (fornication) with that verse .
please I'll like to understand better
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by AndLeo(m): 10:27am On Oct 07, 2018
So one has to kill his ex before he remarry?
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by paxonel(m): 10:27am On Oct 07, 2018
Righteousness89:
Re- Marrying while your spouse is alive is Adultery, No matter who conducts such Marriage.... Infact it's not a marriage.. it's an act of Immorality!

See Matt 19:6-9
this was jewish law and it can never be applied to other tribes.
Even today israelites dont keep these laws anymore.

Jesus christ was only paraphrasing their laws to them(the jews) in that matthew 19,he did not meant to make these laws to be enforced in christianity whats you peoples problem?

1 Like

Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Josh44s(m): 10:38am On Oct 07, 2018
XaviDayo:
Why e be say I don't get asked the question if I am a Christian before being able to comment here. But if na Friday, Seun go put one nonsense caveat before person fit talk im mind. Double standard

You Dey mind the ediot
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Tundeobama(m): 10:55am On Oct 07, 2018
as a young guy, you are yet to make love with a woman in her 30s and early 40s, then you are missing. Their bedroom sexual dominance is thrilling. Add up if you strictly in that check profile to add up.
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by malel1: 10:56am On Oct 07, 2018
SmilingMary:
One thing I have come to understand is this, humans always want what they want. This is very bad. Before you marry, know all that concerns marriage, it isn't a simple business deal, u walk in and easily work out from. If you know u can't do what is necessary incase certain mishaps occur, then don't marry. If you know u can't remain single after divorce, then don't marry. Stop using words like happiness, abuse etc to justify certain things. It's clear as day, u can only divorce in the case of infidelity on the part of your partner. So anytime you partner acts unaccordingly u chicken out because u ain't happy. Marriage isn't business deals. God holds it seriously and that's what will send many people to hell on the last day.

I have read people's post here ,
Recently my wife left our union, saying she anit happy.
I don't hit her, I don't cheat on her , I don't keep late nights , I provide for her, I do a lot for her and she still Insists that she is not coming back.
Biko In such situation am I not suppose to remarry?
Her only complain was am not organized
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by SmilingMary(m): 11:00am On Oct 07, 2018
malel1:

I have read people's post here ,
Recently my wife left our union, saying she anit happy.
I don't hit her, I don't cheat on her , I don't keep late nights , I provide for her, I do a lot for her and she still Insists that she is not coming back.
Biko In such situation am I not suppose to remarry?
Her only complain was am not organized

Brother we are in same shoes, mine left when I returned to the country. Just file for divorce, but if you are a Christian try to work is out, and follow the teachings of the Bible. As for me, I'm remaining single, and I ain't gonna apply for any divorce
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 07, 2018
OneJ:

Matt 19:6-9
v9"I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, EXCEPT FOR MARITAL UNFAITHFULNESS, and marries another woman commits adultery"

From a biblical standpoint, Jesus himself approved divorce when one or both spouses goes outside the marriage arena , which violates the marriage union (Hebrew 13:4. 1 Cor 7:2).

The other option is forgiveness, if U don't wanna go the divorce route (Col 3:12-14) "Bear with each other & forgive whatever grievances you may have against another."

Pls shine your eyes here.... with understanding.
If a spouse quits his /her marriage, to carry on with another woman/man, that spouse is guilty of defilement of the marriage union. He is an unbeliever (who no longer believes in) your marriage,so let him/her go. Nsogbu adighi.
Pls Go obtain a legal divorce & set yourself free to remarry again.

"But if an unbeliever leaves, let him/her do so. A believing man or woman is NOT BOUND IN SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES. " 1 Cor 7:15.

Because she divorced a serial cheat & Casanova, make she no marry again ?
Dump that crap into a dustbin!!!
Go & marry again. It's your God-given right. "For God has called you to live in peace".
NOT in pieces of emotional trauma ,man made induced guilt & stigma.
[center]
OneJ:

v9"I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, EXCEPT FOR MARITAL UNFAITHFULNESS, and marries another woman commits adultery"

From a biblical standpoint, Jesus himself approved divorce when one or both spouses goes outside the marriage arena , which violates the marriage union (Hebrew 13:4. 1 Cor 7:2).

The other option is forgiveness, if U don't wanna go the divorce route (Col 3:12-14) "Bear with each other & forgive whatever grievances you may have against another."

If a spouse quits his /her marriage, to carry on with another woman/man, that spouse is guilty of defilement of the marriage union. He is an unbeliever (who no longer believes in) your marriage,so let him/her go. Nsogbu adighi.

"But if an unbeliever leaves, let him/her do so. A believing man or woman is NOT BOUND IN SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES. " 1 Cor 7:15.

Go & marry again. It's your God-given right. "For God has called you to live in peace".
[/center]
OneJ:

You are correct dear. That is the answer.
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 07, 2018
Chineke1stSon:

Lol nigerians and their love for roundabout argument..you just reiterated my point by your first two lines...but you can't see it or refuses to acknowledge it..
Lol..don't mind him. He just want to argue this morning.
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 07, 2018
Righteousness89:
Re- Marrying while your spouse is alive is Adultery, No matter who conducts such Marriage.... Infact it's not a marriage.. it's an act of Immorality!

See Matt 19:6-9
Go and Tell OKOTIE who changes ladies like Wrapper
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by ollah2: 11:54am On Oct 07, 2018
Chineke1stSon:
Even with all the Bible quotations in this thread they are still confused..Christ explicitly said that the ONLY justifiable case for divorce is adultery..which means that if your partner commits adultery, he or she has broken the sacred bond of marriage...and in such case, the partner who was wronged is perfectly right to seek divorce..it is there in black and white...but if you divorce except it be for adultery and then go ahead to remarry then it is a sin..but if you divorce on the grounds of adultery and remarry it is not a sin....

So you can commit all manner of ills besides adultery then the marriage stays right?
Bible and Jesus accepts slavery. You guys have no moral right go condemn other religions or their Gods
Re: Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive.. by steve13(m): 11:55am On Oct 07, 2018
What if the woman walks away ? What should the man to?

Righteousness89:

Bro Read the Bible with Understanding..

Matthew 19:6-9 is very clear...

V.9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

If you hv to put away your wife, you are not permitted to Marry another woman.

The Bible says Marriage is till death do you part.. The Bible cannot contradict itself..

Death is the the only thing permitted for a man to Re-Marry..

GOD even hates Divorce see Malachi 2:16

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Antichrist At Work!the Maddest Novel History Ever Produced. (the Davinci Code) / Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble / Post A Praise Giving Thanks To God Almighty - See Mine - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.