Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls (25785 Views)

James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies / Africa Report: Chimamanda Adichie Is 4th In 100 Most Influential Africans List / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by dasparrow: 8:20pm On Oct 04, 2018
Kingosytex:
finally, some people are waking up from their slumber. chimamanda is misleading a lot of senseless folks. her feminist ideology can only thrive in complex and sophisticated societies but certainly not in africa

I am glad you admitted that Africa is not a sophisticated society. No wonder the rest of the world has no respect for Africa or Africans.

2 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by AZeD1(m): 8:23pm On Oct 04, 2018
uzobaby:
Sir let's move away from charity. ..that Chimamanda was in Nigeria few days back was news..and there's no part of the country she will go to for anything that will not be public..for someone of her status I stand my ground that whatever charity she does can never be hidden
If she decides to pay people's school fees, does she have to go to the school herself? Or its only considered charity if she goes there?

You can do charity work from afar.

1 Like

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by dasparrow: 8:23pm On Oct 04, 2018
gargoyle:

I've been following your comments on this thread and I can say that you've been balanced in your opinions.

As a male, I'm all for respecting your wife and valuing your girl child with the same intensity you would a male child. However, its a fact that women ought to be submissive.

Even if my wife gives birth to 2 girls tomorrow, I'll still be happy. At least more bride price for me... grin grin grin. But, on a more serious note, it's clear that there's an info gap on what feminism truly is both among the feminist supporters and the opponents.

Women should only be submissive to their husbands alone! No man should expect submissiveness from random female strangers. You are not a god all because you came into this world with a dick!

1 Like

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Shugavee(f): 8:31pm On Oct 04, 2018
Lol,,, funny shit ,, Chimamanda dont give two fuccks abt ur opinion
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Seahawk: 8:36pm On Oct 04, 2018
What she’s advocating for will get rid of the situations that cause those problems in the first place

You can advocate for treating symptoms without curing the cause of the disease. Most of the issues you mentioned are as a result of female inequality in Nigeria

uzobaby:
I will only take Adichie serious when she seriously starts canvassing for serious issues that affect the girl child and women in Nigeria. ..how many girls has she sent to school? ??how many vvf patients has she partly paid their bills? how many hungry, homeless women has she given a roof over their headhow many female victims of domestic violence has she helped? her feminism is of no relevance to the poor and average Nigerian female. ..till she uses her position to make a change in the life of the Nigerian female will I take her seriously. ..not over irrelevant issues..Mrs Eunice you're on point

1 Like

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Chanchit: 8:41pm On Oct 04, 2018
kmcutez:

How does liking or not liking dick affect feminism? Did she say she hated men? Now I'm confused.

If you don't that you can't hate men and love di ick, then you are a learner. If you've not read Americanah, pls go and read it. Though I'm still struggling with it. I read normal novel in two days, this is my 5th day on it, I just made a vow to finish it so I can say I've at least read one of her books. Cos I had half of a yellow sun and purple hibiscus which I never read.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Chanchit: 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2018
Shugavee:
Lol,,, funny shit ,, Chimamanda dont give two fuccks abt ur opinion

Of cause she does, sweet heart. Didn't you read where she said her mother cried when she saw what nigerians write against her?
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Igboeze90: 9:04pm On Oct 04, 2018
TinyHacker:

You are not making any sense, very flawed analogy. A CEO is obviously not a politician since a politician is someone into political affairs but extremism has a wide range of meaning since it depends on context and the idea being supported.

I don't think extremist was the right word for Eunice to use eitherways.

SMH.

Read again.The aim is to use an easy-to-understand analogy. I also provided a little context by providing a definition (you skipped that part because you, probably, were in a hurry to react).

The simplified analogy serves a purpose, and people who are teachable did pick up the message. You can figure this one out as well.

Sharks are found in water
Whales are found in water
Therefore sharks are whales

Take your time. Remember if you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Shugavee(f): 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2018
Chanchit:

Of cause she does, sweet heart. Didn't you read where she said her mother cried when she saw what nigerians write against her?
lol u just said her mum n I didn’t read nothing
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Chanchit: 10:54pm On Oct 04, 2018
Shugavee:
lol u just said her mum n I didn’t read nothing

Lol. You should know how to read btw the lines. Its a subtle way of begging us to take it easy.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nednelz(m): 11:50pm On Oct 04, 2018
vindisick:

What's all this nonsense am reading here?. Where in this country do husbands order their wives to have sex with his friends?. Abeg if you don't have any other sensible thing to contribute,just log out.
Azin eh..i just wonder what kind of stupid argument/ example she is making..i hv been reading her statements..they are just rubish
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nednelz(m): 12:04am On Oct 05, 2018
kmcutez:

You don't know it is a common practice in Benue, where men offer their visitors their wives to sleep with.
u should have been able to differentiate between ' culture ' and the 'generally accepted social norms/values..that such is done in Benue state does not mean that it happens everywhere..and I believe there are persons from Benue who don't practice that rubish..ur examples are deviating from the argument please
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 05, 2018
Nednelz:

u should have been able to differentiate between ' culture ' and the 'generally accepted social norms/values..that such is done in Benue state does not mean that it happens everywhere..and I believe there are persons from Benue who don't practice that rubish..ur examples are deviating from the argument please

I just used Benue as an example because it is a common practice there. Does not mean it does not occur throughout Nigeria, albeit in small quantities.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by TinyHacker: 4:26am On Oct 05, 2018
Igboeze90:

SMH.

Read again.The aim is to use an easy-to-understand analogy. I also provided a little context by providing a definition (you skipped that part because you, probably, were in a hurry to react).

The simplified analogy serves a purpose, and people who are teachable did pick up the message. You can figure this one out as well.

Sharks are found in water
Whales are found in water
Therefore sharks are whales

Take your time. Remember if you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it.
Still wrong, simplified or not. I guess what I'm saying is above your level. Politicians and sharks are nouns used in referral to just one thing, Extremist is both a noun and adjective that can used for anybody or anything long as it fits the idea.
"Religious Extremist" "Political Extremist"

So yes, we can call people who take religion to the extreme like ISIS or people who took politics to the extreme like the Nazi's or Feminists that force flawed incentives extremists like Eunice did, nothing like """"invalid argument"""".

But we can't call anything found in water a shark

Hope this helps you in making actually clever analogies.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Igboeze90: 6:56am On Oct 05, 2018
TinyHacker:

Still wrong, simplified or not. I guess what I'm saying is above your level. Politicians and sharks are nouns used in referral to just one thing, Extremist is both a noun and adjective that can used for anybody or anything long as it fits the idea.
"Religious Extremist" "Political Extremist"

So yes, we can call people who take religion to the extreme like ISIS or people who took politics to the extreme like the Nazi's or Feminists that force flawed incentives extremists like Eunice did, nothing like """"invalid argument"""".

But we can't call anything found in water a shark

Hope this helps you in making actually clever analogies.

Well, I shouldn't bother replying you, but I will because you need help, and you refuse to take the trouble to immerse yourself in real study, not the cram and pour education Nigeria offers.

Let me help you for the last time.

First: an argument is invalid when it breaks the rules of form. There are many such rules. Find them and internalize it. Also, in every argument it is unwise to not DEFINE YOUR TERMS. Did I not DEFINE extremist?

Second: there is a popular argument in America. The argument is invalid. If you can find out the flaw, you've had a fairly good education. Here it is.

Terrorists demand the withdrawal of American troops
Liberals demand the withdrawal of American troops
Therefore Liberals are terrorists

PS: Ms Eunice was clear. "I think she is an extremist." Extremist here is used as a noun. All the examples you gave, "extremist" is used as a noun as well...

An example of "extremist' used as an adjective is "Chimamanda has extremist views." Do well to learn your parts of speech in depth. We're not on the same level, by the way. I agree.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by TinyHacker: 9:59am On Oct 05, 2018
Igboeze90:

Well, I shouldn't bother replying you, but I will because you need help, and you refuse to take the trouble to immerse yourself in real study, not the cram and pour education Nigeria offers.

Let me help you for the last time.

First: an argument is invalid when it breaks the rules of form. There are many such rules. Find them and internalize it. Also, in every argument it is unwise to not DEFINE YOUR TERMS. Did I not DEFINE extremist?

Second: there is a popular argument in America. The argument is invalid. If you can find out the flaw, you've had a fairly good education. Here it is.

Terrorists demand the withdrawal of American troops
Liberals demand the withdrawal of American troops
Therefore Liberals are terrorists

PS: Ms Eunice was clear. "I think she is an extremist." Extremist here is used as a noun. All the examples you gave, "extremist" is used as a noun as well...

An example of "extremist' used as an adjective is "Chimamanda has extremist views." Do well to learn your parts of speech in depth. We're not on the same level, by the way. I agree.
You analogy is still wrong and I am more educated than you will ever be, sorry.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by SlayerForever: 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2018
uzobaby:
wehdone Sir...you can groom yours for marriage only. .while I teach mine to aim for the peak of her career still respecting her husband and not dragging for equality. ..

May God keep you.

1 Like

Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 12, 2020
amarachi06:

I don't follow blindly but using a known personality to drive a point is what we "woman b*tching each other" Have you ever seen Chiamanda criticizing our leaders to make a point?

U are so dumb !
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by amarachi06(f): 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2020
Heathrow44:

U are so dumb !
Are you just waking up?
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 17, 2020
amarachi06:

Are you just waking up?

Yes I'm just waking up t how dumb and clueless u are!, u are d real definition of zombie! Kudos
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by amarachi06(f): 12:11am On Jun 18, 2020
Heathrow44:

Yes I'm just waking up t how dumb and clueless u are!, u are d real definition of zombie! Kudos

Thank you dear.
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by gargoyle: 11:11am On Jun 20, 2020
deliveryboy:

But wait! Did your boyfriend really dump you? You appear pained enough for the story to be true. Please table your ex's matter before Chimamanda to seek justice. Park one side small brain!!!

How people take hear this story...omo, the internet never forgets sha.....

I can see how such experiences can make someone into a bitter feminists sha
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Blueelf: 11:15am On Jun 20, 2020
Airforce01:

Did you see the thread ??

He even sent her an IV

That guy is wicked

The mockery is out of this world

To think she even made a thread about it.....

But why would someone (supposedly intelligent) deem it fit to air dirty linen in public...?
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Blueelf: 11:17am On Jun 20, 2020
Airforce01:

You're not the one to look down on anyone , but you're so quick to hurl insult at your fellow woman airing her opinion

You're a bittered soul .

I doubt if you've ever been happy even with all the wealths in the world you think you have .

Ain't you over 30yrs of age?

Money can't buy you a husband you know cheesy cheesy grin

I have been seeing someone at shiloh praying bitterly for husband...wait a minute....don't tell me...
Re: Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls by Nwabundo38(f): 12:12am On Jun 24, 2020
Lolzzzz. I laugh when I see some people with chattered esteem say that women should be generally submissive. So because you are a man, you move around expecting submission from every woman out there?
My submission is for my husband and my husband alone.
That is how some idiots will tell you things like " look at how you are talking to a guy" simply because you are trying to speak for yourself.
Pls work ok your self esteem and don't be mad!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland / My University Experience / REVENGE (an Action Thriller)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.