Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies (37890 Views)

Grace Ifeoma Adichie Dies! Chimamanda’s Mother Is Dead / Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls / The Hypocrisy Of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Prettyvirginia(f): 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
According to a statement credited to Uchenna Adichie, sister to Chimamanda Adichie, and widely circulated on social media, Prof James Adichie, their father, has gone to be with the Lord.

He passed on around midnight yesterday June 10, 2020 in a private hospital near his home.
He was ill briefly, (not Covid-19).We are celebrating him!
He lived a good life and was 88 upon his death.

*Brief profile of Prof James Adichie*

James Nwoye Adichie (Odelora Abba), is from Abba in Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra State and was the first Nigerian Professor of Statistics.

He's a husband to a lovely woman, Grace Adichie, who was the first female Registrar of University of Nigeria Nsukka, and a father to a host of children including literary icon, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

He was made a Professor in 1976 at University of Nigeria Nsukka, and retired in 1997.
He's 88 years old and beared the traditional title of Odeluora Abba until his demise.

Rest on Sire till we meet to part no more

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3091846657565120&id=215558218527326

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by majamajic(m): 3:25pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ohhh
Them go school oo

46 Likes

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 11, 2020
A life well spent.....REST ON

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by lalasticlala(m): 4:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
Prettyvirginia, Kindly put link to the source, thanks

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Kalatium(m): 4:30pm On Jun 11, 2020
Such is life Death is inevitable

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Prettyvirginia(f): 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
lalasticlala:
Prettyvirginia, Kindly put link to the source, thanks

Done sir
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by lalasticlala(m): 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
Prettyvirginia:

Done sir

Thank you
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
Godspeed...
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by kiddkash(m): 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
a journey we all must undertake someday. all you can do is to delay it

7 Likes

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Joshmodest(m): 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
My favorite Nigerian female writer ...a woman making Nigeria and the igbo community proud in the diaspora , making the ranks not for her beauty or figure but for her brain something that is lacking in many girls of this VAR generation we find ourselves...
RIP to your dad , he must have died a proud man !!!

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Infogetong(f): 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
Rest on sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by pyyxxaro: 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2020

He was ill briefly, (not Covid-19).

Sleep Well Sir

A life well spent

6 Likes

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
RIP .
An icon is gone!!

6 Likes

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by mediocre(m): 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
He birthed a legend. Rest on

24 Likes

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by 69Ansour69: 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
Kai wallahi!!!
Inna lillahi wa inna illayhi rajee'un

2 Likes

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Niceguy4ever: 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
Arthur Eze don do am. Dont ask me how I know.

4 Likes

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Biodun1929(m): 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
Good to see he lived till 88. He has gone to rest. May his soul rest in peace.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by darwin66109: 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
Rest on great son of njikoka

4 Likes

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by cyndy1000(f): 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
He don old wella may his soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Lovelyn451(f): 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
Abba get enough professors. I've never seen a people as enlightened as these people, even the uneducated ones are wise and disciplined..they will never fight ukpo for that land and they'll still get it back!!

Rip Odelora Abba

13 Likes

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Finnese001: 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
rip prof
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Niceguy4ever: 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
Infogetong:
Test on sir
Na exam him dey go face no be test.

2 Likes

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by wink2015(m): 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
Prettyvirginia:
According to a statement credited to Uchenna Adichie, sister to Chimamanda Adichie, and widely circulated on social media, Prof James Adichie, their father, has gone to be with the Lord.

He passed on around midnight yesterday June 10, 2020 in a private hospital near his home.
He was ill briefly, (not Covid-19).We are celebrating him!
He lived a good life and was 88 upon his death.

*Brief profile of Prof James Adichie*

James Nwoye Adichie (Odelora Abba), is from Abba in Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra State and was the first Nigerian Professor of Statistics.

He's a husband to a lovely woman, Grace Adichie, who was the first female Registrar of University of Nigeria Nsukka, and a father to a host of children including literary icon, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

He was made a Professor in 1976 at University of Nigeria Nsukka, and retired in 1997.
He's 88 years old and beared the traditional title of Odeluora Abba until his demise.

Rest on Sire till we meet to part no more

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3091846657565120&id=215558218527326

RIP
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Dididrumz(m): 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2020
RIP to the dead
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Businext: 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2020
May he rest in peace
But did you know he was the first Prof of Statistics in Nigeria? shocked

This is wonderful

Even his wife also made a graceful feat at UNN

Inasmuch as I don't support feminism nor encourage injustice and inequality against females, I must say that Chimamanda is talented and intelligent and the Adichie family is very much blessed.

What a time with the crisis on going in his village.

As politicians would say, his passing was at a time when the nation needed him most in trying to find the final solution to the crisis rocking the people of the 2 communities, to which he belonged to one, Abba.

Condolences to his family, let it be a celebration of life, I celebrate him.

As an aside I just heard Charly Boy is preparing for 70th birthday shocked?!

#MayWeKeepEternityInView

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2020
Abba dey, Aba dey too why this people dey confuse us na

R.I.P. sir
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by cococandy(f): 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2020
Celebration of life smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Younger Wole Soyinka Smoking, With A Boy Around Him (Throwback Photo) / 10 Genuine Websites You Can Write For And Get Paid Instantly / I Did Not Say I Am A Biafran - Chimamanda Adichie (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.