Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,377 members, 7,846,607 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? (5693 Views)

Wants To Use A Schegen Tourist Visa To Enter Europe For Greener Pastures / I Refused A London Visa Because I Want A Schegen Visa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by Kissup(f): 3:31pm On Oct 11, 2018
Oga ben what are you here go back to your mexico thread.dont let those people stop ur work
benpedro:
Following. I look forward to taking this trip next summer if Jehovah wishes.

3 Likes

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 3:43pm On Oct 12, 2018
Not so much engagement here....

Do you guys have any questions or interests? It'll be great to know .

So far here's a Ghost town..
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by scarplanet(m): 11:05pm On Oct 12, 2018
I arrived france a few days ago.... you can ask questions regarding preparation and life in france generally!

But i must tell you, it is a whole new experience from what we know in Nigeria!
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by Albertone(m): 11:57pm On Oct 12, 2018
scarplanet:
I arrived france a few days ago.... you can ask questions regarding preparation and life in france generally!

But i must tell you, it is a whole new experience from what we know in Nigeria!
1.Did you learn french before leaving?
2.How much should be budgeted as regards tourism?
Thanks..
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by eurozone1(m): 2:19am On Oct 13, 2018
Anyone free in Berlin for a beer or two?
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by chimeluiz: 9:42am On Oct 13, 2018
How much is Emirates return ticket to Brussels pls

LordBaelish:
Here's what would take a lot of your time, the head monitor with movies, news and all.. grin

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by edimalo(m): 11:02am On Oct 13, 2018
[quote author=scarplanet post=72033538]I arrived france a few days ago.... you can ask questions regarding preparation and life in france generally!

But i must tell you, it is a whole new experience from what we know in Nigeria![quote]

What's the visa process like . I'm interested. Since it's in the euro zone, one can use the visa to go to other countries.
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by dcutey: 11:16am On Oct 13, 2018
LordBaelish:

I plan to visit the Schengen region in November for about 5 days, which countries would you recommend?
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by DivineIsGreat: 12:29pm On Oct 13, 2018
LordBaelish:

I'd like to ask stuffs about going to Greece
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by itv17(f): 4:19pm On Oct 13, 2018
Please let the readers know how welcoming Europeans are when they meet you. The TV and government always say "refugees welcome". Tourists maybe welcome. But the folks on the street probably wont like you as an African.
What is your personal experience?

1 Like

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 12:04am On Oct 14, 2018
chimeluiz:
How much is Emirates return ticket to Brussels pls

You'll have to confirm on their website. it's best to book a long time ahead to save cost
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 12:06am On Oct 14, 2018
itv17:
Please let the readers know how welcoming Europeans are when they meet you. The TV and government always say "refugees welcome". Tourists maybe welcome. But the folks on the street probably wont like you as an African.

Depends on how you package yourself. from media and propaganda, Africans are poor. if you speak well, act confident the average European would take note. for those who don't, you ignore.

1 Like

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 12:07am On Oct 14, 2018
dcutey:

I plan to visit the Schengen region in November for about 5 days, which countries would you recommend?

Germany, Belgium, France.

Understand basic French anyway, it's needed.
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by itv17(f): 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2018
LordBaelish:

Depends on how you package yourself. from media and propaganda, Africans are poor. if you speak well, act confident the average European would take note. for those who don't, you ignore.

When you (as a tourist) get in contact with other Africans in Europe, do you talk to each other? Or do they stay in their hostels only? I guess they don't have the money to go to places where tourists are.
But maybe you mett them anywhere. Would they tell you their stroies? Must be a big difference having the money for visas and being able to go by plane instead of having to pay trafficers who (try to?) bring you over the Mediterranean Sea.

Anyway: after your travel to Europe - would you want to stay in one of the countries?
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 5:29pm On Oct 14, 2018
itv17:

When you (as a tourist) get in contact with other Africans in Europe, do you talk to each other? Or do they stay in their hostels only? I guess they don't have the money to go to places where tourists are.
But maybe you mett them anywhere. Would they tell you their stroies? Must be a big difference having the money for visas and being able to go by plane instead of having to pay trafficers who (try to?) bring you over the Mediterranean Sea.

Anyway: after your travel to Europe - would you want to stay in one of the countries?

Like anywhere it's all about rapport. I met various nationalities and the rest, they'll tell as much as you make comfortable.

Regardless I think Germany is fine, Belgium also.
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by emperorblog(m): 6:47pm On Oct 14, 2018
good day bros
let talk about the VISA RWQUIREMENT AND PASSPORT. D COST AND D REQUIREMENT. AND ALSO THE AMOUNT SOME CAN HOLD. WITH WORK ALSO
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by scarplanet(m): 7:48pm On Oct 14, 2018
Albertone:

1.Did you learn french before leaving?
2.How much should be budgeted as regards tourism?
Thanks..

1. I started a French class. But unless you are attending a function for which you must speak french, then you dont really need to pay more attention to learning the language immediately.

2. I am currently lodged in a tourist hotel, and it costs 100 euros per night but that doesn't mean it is 100 euros in the whole of france. Eventually, How much you should budget is directly proportional to how flamboyant you would want to live in france. forexample, while i have lodged in a tasty hotel of 100 euros, you might choose to want an economy one. While i am not really an outing person, you might be someone that loves partying or hanging out often. Also, the city you will reside in france would also determine how much you will spend. Cities like Paris, lyon and Montpellier are generally very expensive to live in.

Cheers.
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by scarplanet(m): 7:55pm On Oct 14, 2018
[quote author=edimalo post=72044094][/quote]
If you have all the requirements, then you shouldnt have an problem securing VISA. My visa process was pretty straightforward, and i got mine in exactly 9 working days.

With a schengen visa, you can visit countries like Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Spain e.t.c without having to secure another visit. This means that a French VISA permits you free entry into all 26 Schengen countries. Aside those countries, you need to secure a visa.

Cheers
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by scarplanet(m): 8:02pm On Oct 14, 2018
itv17:

I have lost counts of the number of Africans i have met in France so far, infact i met a Nigerian lady today. In france you see a black man dating a french lady.
My point is... Blacks are more than welcome in France and they are always willing to assist you if you dont understand the language. You will feel the hospitality right from the airport. My cousin who stays in Germany attested to the welcoming nature of germans towards africans.
Just stay out of trouble, and if you dont understand the language, be sure to carry your passport when going out for the first few weeks.

1 Like

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by scarplanet(m): 8:10pm On Oct 14, 2018
emperorblog:
good day bros
let talk about the VISA RWQUIREMENT AND PASSPORT. D COST AND D REQUIREMENT. AND ALSO THE AMOUNT SOME CAN HOLD. WITH WORK ALSO

VISA requirements depends on the purpose for which you are travelling. What would be demanded from someone going for studies will be different from what is required from someone going on tourism. My VISA to france cost 46k.

Walk into any immigration office and get your passport done.

You can travel with any amount you like. But above a certain limit, you are expected to declare it.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by Albertone(m): 10:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
scarplanet:

1. I started a French class. But unless you are attending a function for which you must speak french, then you dont really need to pay more attention to learning the language immediately.

2. I am currently lodged in a tourist hotel, and it costs 100 euros per night but that doesn't mean it is 100 euros in the whole of france. Eventually, How much you should budget is directly proportional to how flamboyant you would want to live in france. forexample, while i have lodged in a tasty hotel of 100 euros, you might choose to want an economy one. While i am not really an outing person, you might be someone that loves partying or hanging out often. Also, the city you will reside in france would also determine how much you will spend. Cities like Paris, lyon and Montpellier are generally very expensive to live in.

Cheers.
Thanks for the reply...Can i speak english while checking into the hotel?or i should learn basic french for communication?
100 Euros per night!!!My salutations sir! I too I'm not a go-out person,so thats a plus for me.
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by scarplanet(m): 10:00am On Oct 16, 2018
Albertone:
Thanks for the reply...Can i speak english while checking into the hotel?or i should learn basic french for communication?
100 Euros per night!!!My salutations sir! I too I'm not a go-out person,so thats a plus for me.

Most of the Hotel receptionists speak good English. Since it is a tourist hotel, they know that various individuals worldwide would be coming to lodge in their hotel. You should be fine.

Cheers
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by Albertone(m): 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2018
scarplanet:

Most of the Hotel receptionists speak good English. Since it is a tourist hotel, they know that various individuals worldwide would be coming to lodge in their hotel. You should be fine.

Cheers
Thanks sir
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 7:02pm On Oct 16, 2018
scarplanet:

I have lost counts of the number of Africans i have met in France so far, infact i met a Nigerian lady today. In france you see a black man dating a french lady.
My point is... Blacks are more than welcome in France and they are always willing to assist you if you dont understand the language. You will feel the hospitality right from the airport. My cousin who stays in Germany attested to the welcoming nature of germans towards africans.
Just stay out of trouble, and if you dont understand the language, be sure to carry your passport when going out for the first few weeks.

I agree. A lot of Africans there are very welcoming to Nigerians especially when they say "We love Nollywood!!" Trust me that's our only saving grace with foreign PR we have.
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 7:04pm On Oct 16, 2018
Albertone:

Best to book a month ahead or so.

Also you can check Hostels, you can also have better rates in certain cities. Lille, Roubaix etc away from the center i.e. Paris have accomodations cheaper and lots more.

Basic french is to help you to understand them more than speak. You can check youtube for some simple clips and the lot. Spoken french is a lot different from the written one.
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by Albertone(m): 8:16pm On Oct 16, 2018
LordBaelish:

Best to book a month ahead or so.

Also you can check Hostels, you can also have better rates in certain cities. Lille, Roubaix etc away from the center i.e. Paris have accomodations cheaper and lots more.

Basic french is to help you to understand them more than speak. You can check youtube for some simple clips and the lot. Spoken french is a lot different from the written one.
Thanks a lot!
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2018
Happy Weekday Everyone!

Here are some amazing sights from Lille.

Lille is a very quiet city in Northern France, close to belgium. It's known for it's textiles (until China came through) and around there you can get across to factory shops of Nike, Reebok, Adidas as lots of high end fashion designers.

Take a look..
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by LordBaelish: 12:56pm On Oct 22, 2018
Not the best quality BTW

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by mintos23: 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2018
hello gurus in the house. Greetings in the name of God. please i have a deal to work Italy and my nulla osta will arrive by next week. please what documents should i add to the nulla osta to be able o obtain an italian working visa from Ghana.Thank you
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by davide470(m): 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2018
scarplanet:

Cheers
Yo mate!

Where are you in France? I should be in Paris for Christmas and New Year.. We should meet wink

2 Likes

Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by davide470(m): 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2018
LordBaelish:
Not the best quality BTW
Go and buy new phone grin
Re: First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? by scarplanet(m): 6:24pm On Oct 24, 2018
davide470:
Yo mate!

Where are you in France? I should be in Paris for Christmas and New Year.. We should meet wink

Hi bro,
I reside in Lyon. Though i intend traveling to Germany for Christmas, but i am sure we can always create time for some sumptuous Baguette and a few frites. grin grin

Please do well to holla at me when you are around.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Would Like To Visit Cotonou. How Can I Get There? / My Mother Experienced Racism When She Came To Visit Me This Summer! / Study In Finland/sweden/norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.