Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

The Most Embrassing/funny Questions Someone Ever Asked You About Nigeria/africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Embrassing/funny Questions Someone Ever Asked You About Nigeria/africa (4082 Views)

Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) / Court Asked To Postpone General Elections / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Embrassing/funny Questions Someone Ever Asked You About Nigeria/africa by deco2come: 10:27am On Jul 11, 2010
Once I was attending a friend birthday and this guy from Sweden asked me if we eat cake in Nigeria. I don't whether to slap his foolish mouth or replay his foolish question.

Next, I was eating with another guy from China and the next question was whether Africans( which he believes is a country) eat their food raw. I nearly nod his mouth.

Shear your experience.
Re: The Most Embrassing/funny Questions Someone Ever Asked You About Nigeria/africa by Jakumo(m): 10:35am On Jul 11, 2010
I am frequently asked whether Africans still live in trees, and also there is constant curiosity about how difficult it is for Africans to hunt for food with all those lions and tigers about.

Americans frequently express wonder about just how Africans react when they see a car for the first time, and whether or not they flee in terror when they see automobiles growling down the road beside their forest dwellings.
Re: The Most Embrassing/funny Questions Someone Ever Asked You About Nigeria/africa by Horus(m): 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2010
One day I was asked if African use lions as domestic pets.
Re: The Most Embrassing/funny Questions Someone Ever Asked You About Nigeria/africa by OAM4J: 8:57pm On Jul 11, 2010
A Briton once asked me if many Africans still walk about unclothed, and if I will bring him to Africa to take their pictures  sad embarassed
Re: The Most Embrassing/funny Questions Someone Ever Asked You About Nigeria/africa by deco2come: 8:06am On Jul 15, 2010
OAM4J:

A Briton once asked me if many Africans still walk about unclothed, and if I will bring him to Africa to take their pictures  sad embarassed

O boy that was deadly, hope you gave him/her Mike Tyson knock out
Re: The Most Embrassing/funny Questions Someone Ever Asked You About Nigeria/africa by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 15, 2010
You can't really blame them. Afterall when last did you see a picture of a properly built house in Africa shown on BBC or CNN?

These western  media houses (and even Al Jazeera) have made it their duty to present Africa as 100 times less developed than it really is.

This is why you get asked such questions by non-Africans. It's based on what they see in their media, and read in their books.
Re: The Most Embrassing/funny Questions Someone Ever Asked You About Nigeria/africa by ajadudu: 6:49pm On Jul 15, 2010
If on Monday mornings we gather in the work place to discuss how we narrowly got eaten by a lion, or gored by a raging rhino and check if everyone survived the weekend without being eaten by a wild animal. He was dead serious.
Re: The Most Embrassing/funny Questions Someone Ever Asked You About Nigeria/africa by deco2come: 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2010
ROSSIKE:

You can't really blame them. Afterall when last did you see a picture of a properly built house in Africa shown on BBC or CNN?

These western  media houses (and even Al Jazeera) have made it their duty to present Africa as 100 times less developed than it really is.

This is why you get asked such questions by non-Africans. It's based on what they see in their media, and read in their books.

That is a nice you made up there! I'm still waiting for the I will turn foreign magazine concerning Africa without seeing pictures of ladies ( God knows their country) wearing big ear rings like the size of my belt or children children drinking from a big plate while house fly is queuing for their turn to drinking from the same plate.

Have you noticed that most websites about feeding the poor always have pictures of Africans or black people. Even other education supporting websites have pictures of Africans or black people?
Re: The Most Embrassing/funny Questions Someone Ever Asked You About Nigeria/africa by canuck(m): 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2010
Jakumo:

I am frequently asked whether Africans still live in trees, and also there is constant curiosity about how difficult it is for Africans to hunt for food with all those lions and tigers about.

Americans frequently express wonder about just how Africans react when they see a car for the first time, and whether or not they flee in terror when they see automobiles growling down the road beside their forest dwellings.

@ Jakumo - Your NL profile picture is not helping the matter sef! cheesy
Re: The Most Embrassing/funny Questions Someone Ever Asked You About Nigeria/africa by canuck(m): 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2010
OAM4J:

A Briton once asked me if many Africans still walk about unclothed, and if I will bring him to Africa to take their pictures sad embarassed

Are people this dense? Really?

Small wonder they fall prey to Yahoo-Yahoo Boys!
Re: The Most Embrassing/funny Questions Someone Ever Asked You About Nigeria/africa by Jarus(m): 5:47pm On Jul 20, 2010
The most embarassing comment I have heard about Nigeria: Somebody on ghanaian forum said if all countries should be celebrating goal(football goal) by what they are known for, if Nigeria scores, the player should quickly bring a computer and send a 419 mail"
Re: The Most Embrassing/funny Questions Someone Ever Asked You About Nigeria/africa by bkbabe97: 5:19am On Jul 21, 2010
Do Ibos still eat humans for sunday brunch?!!?
Re: The Most Embrassing/funny Questions Someone Ever Asked You About Nigeria/africa by chyz(m): 5:22am On Jul 21, 2010
funny.babies. ha ha hoo hoo

(1) (Reply)

Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? / Petroleum Marketers Threaten To Shut Operations In Two Days / Picture Of Tinubu Crying Before Results Were Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.