Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates (11046 Views)

Speakership: Court Refuses To Bar Gbajabiamila Over US Conviction / Court Refuses To Stop Collation Of Rivers Election Results / Imo Apc: Court Refuses To Substitute Nwosu's Name. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by yns4real: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2018
By Daud Olatunji

Abeokuta – A Federal High Court sitting in Abeokuta, has on Friday night reiterated its orders over an interlocutory injunction directing the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to accept or process only lists of candidates authenticated by Bayo Dayo-led factional exco of Ogun State PDP for 2019 elections.

In a suit marked FHC/AB/CS/114/2018, the court also ordered Uche Secondus-led PDP to accept as authentic, delegates from Dayo-led PDP, for Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Convention where a presidential candidate for 2019 elections will emerge.

The PDP national convention is currently holding in Port-Harcourt, Rivers State.

The original suit was filed by Dayo and nine others against INEC, joining PDP, National Chairman Secondus and the National Secretary of PDP Senator Ibrahim Tsauri as respondents.

The Dayo-led faction is loyal to the Senator representing Ogun East, Buruji Kashamu while the Sikirulahi Ogundele is backed by House of Representatives member, Hon. Oladipupo Adebutu.

Meanwhile, Ogundele-led faction filed an application on Wednesday and asked the court to set aside those orders granted, citing lack of service on defendants and lack of fair hearing.

Counsel to the Ogundele faction, Emeka Etiaba, SAN, filed the application on 10 grounds, saying the orders are “a nullity, having been obtained by false representation, concealment of facts and fraud.”

However, in his ruling on Friday night after about two-hours of arguments from both parties’ counsels, Justice Abubakar Shittu refused to set aside the orders.

The court further stated that it did not give any order stopping the National Convention of the PDP but only directed the party to accord recognition to the list of delegates authenticated by the plaintiffs, Dayo-led faction in Schedule A attached to the motion for interlocutory injunction.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/2019-court-refuses-to-set-aside-order-on-kashamus-delegates-candidates/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by buhariguy(m): 6:32pm On Oct 06, 2018
Pdp has already lost ogun state.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by abdulyaro66(m): 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2018
Yay cheesy second to comment [center][/center]

1 Like

Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by bush112(m): 6:41pm On Oct 06, 2018
g
Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by Ezedon(m): 6:41pm On Oct 06, 2018
Confusion in the zoo

1 Like

Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by Orpe7(m): 6:41pm On Oct 06, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by Splasshhh(f): 6:41pm On Oct 06, 2018
Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by KOLLYPROF(m): 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2018
Buruji against pdp

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by bedspread: 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2018
Seems this Kashamu guy is out to destroy PDP in Ogun state forever...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2018
APC they use this guy destabilize Ogun state
Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by olexjay(m): 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2018
Okay

1 Like

Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by Sholaco: 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2018
Stepping stone for APC.....softwork

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by Lagosfinder(m): 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2018
it don happen

1 Like

Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by LibertyRep: 6:45pm On Oct 06, 2018
If only GNI can position himself properly, all these rumbling in both APC and PDP must be to his advantage.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by haffaze777(m): 6:47pm On Oct 06, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

The same way they use him in 2015 abi?

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by Buterflyle0: 6:48pm On Oct 06, 2018
PDP is dying a thousand deaths grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by Antipob777(f): 6:49pm On Oct 06, 2018
God bless our judiciary. Our democracy is progressing.

God bless PMB.

Nigeria shall be great again.

Igbos will keep carrying Yoruba matter on their heads.

Shameless and frustrated idiotic pigs of Biafra.

I hate Igbos with my last blood.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by 9jagobetta: 6:49pm On Oct 06, 2018
We can give you the best granite materials of various sizes: 3/4, 1/2, 3/8, 7/8, 1/4, 1inche, stone base, stone dust, hard core, lumps etc, even in their single size aggregate. Asphalt, be it binding or nylon. Laterite of good quality. Sands of various type with good quality (sharp sand without salt)etc. we have the stockpile of these materials for sales, supply and haulage to your various destination/site nation wide (with our dump trucks), . Also available is interlocking paving stones, sales, production and settings/laying. Tiles laying and settings etc. we also give advice on these materials and how to make money from them. so if you are a company, organization, contractor, corporate body, or an individual who want to beat the sharp practices of the the touts and thieves, then contact 08020621510, 08071155335

https://www.nairaland.com/1224624/right-busines-put-money-nigeria

Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by GavelSlam: 6:51pm On Oct 06, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

Just as PDP used Dino, Saraki and Sani to destabilise APC.

Do me I do you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by ORIENTATION101: 6:51pm On Oct 06, 2018
confusion in enemy camp

1 Like

Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 6:52pm On Oct 06, 2018
GavelSlam:

Just as PDP used Dino, Saraki and Sani to destabilise APC.

Do me I do you.
Come on, we never did. You guys cheated the new PDP and so they had to make their move
Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by GavelSlam: 6:54pm On Oct 06, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

Come on, we never did. You guys cheated the new PDP and so they had to make their move

I'm not expecting you to own up.

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by Omofunaab2: 6:54pm On Oct 06, 2018
E be like say GNI dey use Jazz grin
Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by slivertongue: 7:15pm On Oct 06, 2018
Buruji don enter one chance. he cant fight d exco and expect to be carried along
Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by RichDad1(m): 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2018
Confusion in the camp of the enemy. tongue
Re: 2019: Court Refuses To Set Aside Order On Kashamu’s Delegates, Candidates by teebaxy(m): 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2018
Antipob777:
God bless our judiciary. Our democracy is progressing.

God bless PMB.

Nigeria shall be great again.

Igbos will keep carrying Yoruba matter on their heads.

Shameless and frustrated idiotic pigs of Biafra.

I hate Igbos with my last blood.
Shut up I’m a proud Yoruba man ... but I like Igbos with my last breath ... Yoruba Muslim sighted

(1) (Reply)

FG Begins Cash Transfers To Vulnerable Households In Kogi, Sokoto / Tinubu Orders AGF, Lokpobiri To End $1.3 Billion Oil Block Dispute / Bello Vs EFCC: North Central Progressive Voice Meets Ibrahim Babangida In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.