Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate (9657 Views)

Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate / PDP, LP, Other Minority Parties Form Alliance To Produce Reps Speaker / All PDP First Term Governors Emerge As Candidate For 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by bilms(m): 7:43am On Oct 07, 2018
PT, ANN, ADP enter into strategic alliance to form APT

PICKS OLAWEPO HASSIM AS PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE AS AWOLOWO'S GRAND DAUGHTER STEPS DOWN

October 6, 2018 Bola Badmus - Lagos

Ahead of 2019 General elections, three political parties, namely Peoples Trust (PT), Alliance of New Nigeria (ANN) and African Democratic Congress (ADC) on Saturday sealed what they termed a strategic alliance, transforming into a new party called Alliance for Peoples Trust (APT) at the national convention which took place at the Airport Hotel, Ikeja.

The exercise, which was attended by national officers of PT and ANN and witnessed by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC, later produced Hon. Gbenga Olawepo-Hassim as the new APT presidential candidate.

Olawepo, who has already picked the presidential ticket of ANN, emerged as APT flagbearer, after Lady Funke Obafemi Awolowo, the grand daughter of the sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, who was the sole presidential aspirant on PT platformed, announced her withdrawal from the race, urging party delegates from across the states of the Federation to vote for Olawepo Hassim, who he described as her brother.

The exercise, which was also the first ever national convention of PT, equally witnessed the change of the party logo to a yellow/white/green flag containing two raised fingers in the middle.

While delivering her speech, Lady Obafemi Awolowo said she grew under the tutelage of her grandfather, the sage, to become interested in politics, noting that getting herself involved in politics, especially clamouring for a paradym shift in ways things were done in the country, was a dream come true for Chief Awolowo.

“I grew under the tutelage of my grandfather, this is a dream come true for papa that I am getting involved in politics and fighting for a paradym shift for a better country that we have right now,” she said.

While expressing appreciation to the party delegates, the presidential aspirant said it was quite evident that they were all ready and involved to cause a change in the way the country was being run currently, declaring: “I pray that we would get there one day and be relevant.”

Announcing her withdrawal, she said: “I am going to step down for my brother, Gbenga Olawepo Hassim. Just for affirmation, I am stepping down for my brother, Ghenga to emerge the presidential candidate of APT.”

Olawepo Hassim, who was later handed over the flag of the party as its flagbearer, In his acceptance speech, lauded Lady Obafemi Awolowo for the singular act, describing her as a worthy grand daughter of the sage.

He also commended the the APT National Chairman, Mr Olisa Agbakoba (SAN) and the founding national chairman of ANN, Dr J. Osi Samuels, for putting a platform that was out to make Nigeria realise her dream for a better country.

The newly elected APT presidential candidate lamented that those ruling the country now were mere beneficiaries of the struggle to liberate the country from the iron grip of the military, but which they did not participate in like he did alongside some people, including the late Chima Ubani.

Giving an insight into what sought of programmes he was set to implement if voted into office, come 2019, Olawepo Hassim said he was poised to build a Nigeria of equal opportunities, with jobs made available to all in need of them, ensure its security and “a Nigeria that would support the dreams and aspirations of her people.”

While promising that he would build his campaign team together with people of Nigeria, the presidential candidate assured: “We are ready to deliver a Nigeria that we all fought for before 1999. We are ready to ensure that issues of out of school children which was due to lack of required need are resolved”

“I will ensure that we have a Nigeria of equal opportunity and support the aspirations and the needs of the people.

“We would work to ensure that we resolve issues of ethnicity and religion that has affected the country.

“I would not be president of Nigeria that would allow killings of Nigerians. I would not be president of a section of Nigeria but president of the entire Nigeria. There would be consequence for anyone that takes the lives of Nigerians.

“We cannot give Nigeria to apprentice politicians. The next election is about capacity, about competence,” he said.

Speaking earlier, the APT National Secretary, Malam Nasir Kura, while assuring that the party would win the 2019 poll and formed the next government, said the country needed a change, a paradym shift, adding that it was when this was brought about that there would be development in the country.

He lamented that Nigerians had been “imprisoned by those who are just experimenting with our lives and we are saying no to that.”

“We are tired of retired generals and old people of 70years and above. That is why we are saying there must be change and we have people who have the records, the mental capability and integrity to lead us.

“All we need to do is to give them the moral support to make them emerge and deliver,” Kura said.

Share this:

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/167639/
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by Olohunjedalo(m): 7:51am On Oct 07, 2018
Fela Durotoye go cry today

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by memory123(m): 8:08am On Oct 07, 2018
Ok
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by esmarcq(m): 8:09am On Oct 07, 2018
Someone is already canvassing 14million votes in PRIMARIES, party PRIMARIES, there is no need for all this alliance at the moment. 2019... Loading... My visa loading too

3 Likes

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 07, 2018
.....are these ones political parties also or market unions?!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by BubuZombi: 8:10am On Oct 07, 2018
S
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by katchagboro(m): 8:10am On Oct 07, 2018
Bleep the guys above me and network
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by BubuZombi: 8:10am On Oct 07, 2018
Ok
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by wehdone(m): 8:11am On Oct 07, 2018
So what happens to Fela Durotoye?
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by SHOPPERS(m): 8:12am On Oct 07, 2018
They had better collapse into the CUPP structure now before transfer window closes. Yeye.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by Holadokun(m): 8:12am On Oct 07, 2018
Fela Durotoye will be singing

Duro Duro fun Jesu
Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus..

Dribbling is Allowed
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by pilarnig(m): 8:13am On Oct 07, 2018
Alliance and realliance... All is just a waste of money and time pmb till 2023...

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by rxmusa(m): 8:13am On Oct 07, 2018
All these mushroom parties and mushroom candidates can't threaten BUHARI'S election that even age-long evil/devil party PDP couldn't
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by fk001(m): 8:14am On Oct 07, 2018
All this baby political parties don tire me aswear.

Waste of time

2 Likes

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by hayesconcept(m): 8:15am On Oct 07, 2018
Where is fela now? cool cool

1 Like

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 07, 2018
Who is this Olawepo anyway? Never heard of him before now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 07, 2018
pilarnig:
Alliance and realliance... All is just a waste of money and time pmb till 2023...

Using bullet points, can you tell us exactly what Buhari has done to improve the lots of Nigerians since he assumed office using the following indices;

1. Fight against corruption

2. Security of lives and properties

3. Electricity supply

4. Health care (his own health and the nation's health)

lipsrsealed
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by YOLO1(m): 8:19am On Oct 07, 2018
Fela eyes don clear
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by OfficialBrendan(m): 8:19am On Oct 07, 2018
follow person wey sabi road

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 07, 2018
Hmmm
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 07, 2018
Ioannes:

Using bullet points, can you tell us exactly what Buhari has done to improve the lots of Nigerians since he assumed office using the following indices;

3. Electricity supply

lipsrsealed

- Fight on corruption: well nothing on that, the latest Alpha-beta N150bn scam scandal by the MD of the company was not even touched talk more of EFCC invite despite being a coy that manages Lagos state revenue.

- Security of lives : currently we have 19m indigenes as IDP's

- Electricity : they claimed to have raised power to 8000 but we had better light at 4,300 with barth Nnaji

- Health care: Asorock clinic with N3.3bn budget has no panadol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by alexvatt(m): 8:22am On Oct 07, 2018
They are APC agents just to split PDP votes in South West.
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by Splasshhh(f): 8:22am On Oct 07, 2018
2019 will be hot

Check out what you don't know about digital banking
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by Olohunjedalo(m): 8:28am On Oct 07, 2018
Ioannes:

3. Electricity supply

lipsrsealed
Sai baba till 2023 .
Say all the bullshit you want . I will vote for him

1 Like

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by greenguy: 8:31am On Oct 07, 2018
I just hope Fela Durotoye, Sowore, Moghalu and co can reach an understanding and mobilize their supporters to make this alliance work.

As for me and my family we're done with APC and PDP. I'd rather not vote if it will be just those two parties. They're one and the same, only logo differentiates them, they have nothing to offer Nigeria. We've tasted and we've seen. They don't care about the suffering of the common man.

There's poverty and hardship everywhere yet hopelessness is all we see in the news everyday. Our youths are paying huge sums capable of starting profitable ventures in Nigeria to get a visa anywhere out of Nigeria. Crime is the order of the day. They have taught our youths how good it feels to be rich but ensured there's no ladder to success. No infrastructure, no enabling business environment, nothing. When they talk of infrastructure they mention road, water and a bus transportation, in 2018? This same road commissioned six months ago, that now has another contractor on it making patches.

With our growing population, Nigeria is only heading for doom, doom except a real change is made urgently. I pray our youths realise we're on a time bomb and there's no room for trial and error anymore hence we all get bombed. There's no room for believing Atiku or Saraki is now repentant and suddenly cares or have decided to do what they didn't do in about 20yrs. There's no room for believing a frail Buhari with his numerous breakdowns and aging bones is now stronger to tackle Nigeria's endless problems after taking us backwards a decade. Clearly, APC and PDP are not our answer, they're so far on top they have no idea what the problems of Nigeria are, yet refuse to bend to see!

Honestly, Nigeria looks hopeless, but we can't but hope it will be better one day as we keep praying for God's divine miracle, this is still our home.

6 Likes

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by opalu: 8:40am On Oct 07, 2018
Error. It is ADP not ADC
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by jayson87: 8:43am On Oct 07, 2018
Ioannes:
Who is this Olawepo anyway? Never heard of him before now.

same thing goes for Sanwo-olu, never heard of him before, yet people sing his name like he was there when Lagos was made a state
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 07, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

Sai baba till 2023 .
Say all the bullshit you want . I will vote for him

Well, what can I say other than that you deserve the current condition and personal situation you are in currently.
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 07, 2018
jayson87:
same thing goes for Sanwo-olu, never heard of him before, yet people sing his name like he was there when Lagos was made a state

Not the same really.

That is a state's affair. If you aren't involved in state politics you may not know most of those that came out to contest.

This is a new political party. The name Olawepo has never featured in any national discourse of national struggle.

It's like the dude just materialized from thin air.

For example, Durotoye, people have heard his name and know him for some things. Same also for Sowore as owner of Sahara Reporters and activist going all the way back to MKO era.

But Olawepo. Who knows him? What has he done?

3 Likes

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 07, 2018
greenguy:
I just hope Fela Durotoye, Sowore, Moghalu and co can reach an understanding and mobilize their supporters to make this alliance work.

As for me and my family we're done with APC and PDP. I'd rather not vote if it will be just those two parties. They're one and the same, only logo differentiates them, they have nothing to offer Nigeria. We've tasted and we've seen. They don't care about the suffering of the common man.

There's poverty and hardship everywhere yet hopelessness is all we see in the news everyday. Our youths are paying huge sums capable of starting profitable ventures in Nigeria to get a visa anywhere out of Nigeria. Crime is the order of the day. They have taught our youths how good it feels to be rich but ensured there's no ladder to success. No infrastructure, no enabling business environment, nothing. When they talk of infrastructure they mention road, water and a bus transportation, in 2018? This same road commissioned six months ago, that now has another contractor on it making patches.

With our growing population, Nigeria is only heading for doom, doom except a real change is made urgently. I pray our youths realise we're on a time bomb and there's no room for trial and error anymore hence we all get bombed. There's no room for believing Atiku or Saraki is now repentant and suddenly cares or have decided to do what they didn't do in about 20yrs. There's no room for believing a frail Buhari with his numerous breakdowns and aging bones is now stronger to tackle Nigeria's endless problems after taking us backwards a decade. Clearly, APC and PDP are not our answer, they're so far on top they have no idea what the problems of Nigeria are, yet refuse to bend to see!

Honestly, Nigeria looks hopeless, but we can't but hope it will be better one day as we keep praying for God's divine miracle, this is still our home.

Well said.
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by Olohunjedalo(m): 8:52am On Oct 07, 2018
Ioannes:

Well, what can I say other than that you deserve the current condition and personal situation you are in currently.
Ok cheesy
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by SocialJustice: 8:52am On Oct 07, 2018
These people will return PMB to office with their greed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Xenophobia: SERAP Asks African Com. To Take S.A To Court,seeks $10b For Victims / EU Commends Buhari For "Swiftness" In Release Of Kankara Students / Olusegun Osoba Takes COVID-19 Vaccine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.