Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,399 members, 7,846,685 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate (9670 Views)

Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate / PDP, LP, Other Minority Parties Form Alliance To Produce Reps Speaker / All PDP First Term Governors Emerge As Candidate For 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by onni19: 9:00am On Oct 07, 2018
*Disclaimer!*

It has come to my knowledge that there is a document being circulated as the report of a purported national convention of the Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN), held at Ibeto Hotel on 3rd October 2018 with my name in it as a member of the new Board of Trustees (BOT) established by the so-called convention. I want to categorically state that I DID NOT attend the so-called convention and I AM NOT a party to any decisions made there. I see the inclusion of my name in the report being circulated as a deliberate attempt to mislead people into believing that I was part of it.Those who have chosen to walk the path of ignominy should be bold enough to choose from only amongst themselves.

The ANN Board of Trustees in its meeting of 27th September 2018 resolved that the Presidential Primaries scheduled for 29th September as approved by the party’s National Working Committee (NEC), should hold. I and many other ANN BOT and founding members fully participated in that convention which was supervised by 4 INEC monitors officially sent by INEC. This convention is well documented with the names and faces of delegates and participants. The convention produced Mr Fela Durotye as the ANN Presidential Candidate.

To set the records straight, ANN has 10 founding members who first met at the instance of Prince Adebola Adekoya to discuss and chart a course for a New Nigeria. Through several meetings, we coined the party name, adopted a logo, documented our vision and early guiding principles and appointed interim national executives. I am one of the 10 founding members, a member of the Board of Trustees and currently the BOT Chairman. All current members of the BOT are properly documented, and the records are also with INEC. The interim national working committee (NWC) was replaced by the current substantive NWC led by Mr. Emmanuel Dania through a national convention on 11th August. It is important to note that even though I openly complained about the procedures leading to that convention, I accepted its outcome and have worked cordially with the NWC it produced. That is because I am loyal to the party, its vision and its constitution. Additionally, the convention was duly supervised by INEC.

While a lot of noise is being made about presidential primaries, the party was not established for the sole purpose of contesting presidential elections, but to provide a platform that will produce credible leaders – who otherwise will not be given a chance by the old parties because of what they stand for – at all levels, to birth the New Nigeria of our dreams. Besides the party’s presidential candidate, ANN also has candidates for the gubernatorial, senatorial, house of representatives and house of assembly 2019 elections, across the country. Primaries duly conducted and supervised by INEC have been going on in different states, based on the guidelines and timeline that was approved by NEC. ANN does not have any factions and our constitution is very clear on how to conduct primaries at all levels, as well as how to change or modify any of the leadership organs of the party.

While it saddens me that we who should show the difference are bickering in public, I am consoled by the fact that the status quo only fights you when they see that you have the potentials to throw them out and throw them out we will! What is happening is not unexpected given the meteoric rise of ANN within a short time and the clear threat we present to old politicians who want to continue to pillage our national inheritance and mortgage the future of generations. Nothing scares the establishment more than the coming together of brilliant, credible young minds and they will not spare any tactics to attempt to scatter us.

I appeal to all ANN members and Nigerians to forgive us of any mistakes we made out of naivety, that has allowed politicians take advantage and sow seeds of discord. Fortunately, majority of the founding members, BOT members, National Working Committee Members and National Executive Committee members are staying the course. We have the party constitution, INEC regulations and Nigerian law on our side. We ask that we all remain steadfast as we will come out of this stronger, wiser and more focused. The battle for the soul of Nigeria is clearly not a ride in the park, but we shall overcome!!!

I thank all those who have contributed their time, resources, network and reputation to grow the party at the national and sub-national levels. ANN was created as a party for all and belongs to all of us!!!

Long live ANN

Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!

ANN the Difference.

Dr. Nkata Chuku
Chairman, Board of Trustees (BOT).
Alliance for New Nigeria. ANN.

1 Like

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by onni19: 9:06am On Oct 07, 2018
NO ONE FORGED MR SAHID UMAR’S SIGNATURE

Over the last few hours we have read stories published a certain AgoraTVNews and also publication on Nairaland and some other blogs about the signature of Mr Sahid Umar being forged by the leadership of Alliance for New Nigeria on the certificate issued to Mr Fela Durotoye the party’s Presidential Candidate and we would like to correct the fake the news and wrong assertions in these reports.
The signature on the certificate were those of the National Chairman of Alliance for New Nigeria, Mr Emmanuel Dania and the Deputy National Secretary, Mr Osita Okonkwo who has been acting in the capacity of the National Secretary since the absence and deliberate non-availability of Mr Umar who has been fingered as one of those deliberately dividing the party and working against the party’s ideologies and core principles.
It will be noteworthy to establish that the party is not an individual and also the positions in all the arms of the party are not the individuals occupying those positions. Therefore, in the absence of Mr. Umar, Mr Osita has substantively been mandate by the Chairman and the BoT to continue to carry on matters relating to the secretariat of the party and such matters involving relating with the Independent National Electoral Commission and have thus far delivered effectively on this mandate.
To this end, it will suffice to say that Mr Osita is the Acting National Secretary of Alliance for New Nigeria has expected and enshrined the provisions of the party’s constitution for the Deputy National Secretary to act in the absence of the National Secretary and to execute tasks assigned to his office by the National Secretary and the National Working Committee.
We therefore wish to call on the publishers of these news items to be conscious of the professional ethics guiding their journalistic profession and to ensure that they publish the truth at all times and nothing but the truth.

Signed:
Mr Emmanuel Dania
National Chairman
Alliance for New Nigeria

1 Like

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by jaxxy(m): 9:30am On Oct 07, 2018
Holadokun:
Fela Durotoye will be singing

Duro Duro fun Jesu
Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus..

Dribbling is Allowed

Bt Hashim seems too desperate even after conducting a 2nd primary after the original pre scheduled primary. Why shud that even happenNobody wants to concede defeat is part of the problem where have. Simple primaries they can’t cuduct fairly and transparently for each side to see. Smtn is definitely wrong with us.

Pdp also struggling with power they forget that Apc had to come to a compromise to win in 2015.
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by bilms(m): 9:56am On Oct 07, 2018
Ioannes:

Not the same really.

That is a state's affair. If you aren't involved in state politics you may not know most of those that came out to contest.

This is a new political party. The name Olawepo has never featured in any national discourse of national struggle.

It's like the dude just materialized from thin air.

For example, Durotoye, people have heard his name and know him for some things. Same also for Sowore as owner of Sahara Reporters and activist going all the way back to MKO era.

But Olawepo. Who knows him? What has he done?

It means you don't really know about Nigerian politics.

Olawepo is the student leader who led Anti Sap rally against ibb's military government. He his the youngest member of g34 that brought democracy in 1999. He his a former national publicity Secretary of pdp.

But he left pdp in 2003, after he disagree with obasanjo. He his a man of principle.

His private company currently produce about 500 megawatts of electricity for Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/4717741/2019-presidency-inspiring-story-ann
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by bilms(m): 9:58am On Oct 07, 2018
Ioannes:
Who is this Olawepo anyway? Never heard of him before now.

After reading his profile, you will know better. This is the best man Nigeria can offer for this job at this time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gbenga_Toyosi_Olawepo
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by SeriouslySense(m): 9:59am On Oct 07, 2018
greenguy:
I just hope Fela Durotoye, Sowore, Moghalu and co can reach an understanding and mobilize their supporters to make this alliance work.

As for me and my family we're done with APC and PDP. I'd rather not vote if it will be just those two parties. They're one and the same, only logo differentiates them, they have nothing to offer Nigeria. We've tasted and we've seen. They don't care about the suffering of the common man.

There's poverty and hardship everywhere yet hopelessness is all we see in the news everyday. Our youths are paying huge sums capable of starting profitable ventures in Nigeria to get a visa anywhere out of Nigeria. Crime is the order of the day. They have taught our youths how good it feels to be rich but ensured there's no ladder to success. No infrastructure, no enabling business environment, nothing. When they talk of infrastructure they mention road, water and a bus transportation, in 2018? This same road commissioned six months ago, that now has another contractor on it making patches.

With our growing population, Nigeria is only heading for doom, doom except a real change is made urgently. I pray our youths realise we're on a time bomb and there's no room for trial and error anymore hence we all get bombed. There's no room for believing Atiku or Saraki is now repentant and suddenly cares or have decided to do what they didn't do in about 20yrs. There's no room for believing a frail Buhari with his numerous breakdowns and aging bones is now stronger to tackle Nigeria's endless problems after taking us backwards a decade. Clearly, APC and PDP are not our answer, they're so far on top they have no idea what the problems of Nigeria are, yet refuse to bend to see!

Honestly, Nigeria looks hopeless, but we can't but hope it will be better one day as we keep praying for God's divine miracle, this is still our home.

Exactly, because what we dont know, it that other world powers are already looking at how to divide and conquer Africa Again, we are still trying to believe in failures, when we have something new and encouraging, i want Moghalu and Sowore and fela Durotoye and Donald Duke to Stand together.

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by SeriouslySense(m): 9:59am On Oct 07, 2018
Fela Durotoye, don't be discouraged.
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 07, 2018
bilms:

After reading his profile, you will know better. This is the best man Nigeria can offer for this job at this time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gbenga_Toyosi_Olawepo

Thank you. I'll go through it.
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 07, 2018
bilms:

It means you don't really know about Nigerian politics.

Olawepo is the student leader who led Anti Sap rally against ibb's military government. He his the youngest member of g34 that brought democracy in 1999. He his a former national publicity Secretary of pdp.

But he left pdp in 2003, after he disagree with obasanjo. He his a man of principle.

His private company currently produce about 500 megawatts of electricity for Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/4717741/2019-presidency-inspiring-story-ann

Interesting. Thanks for the info.
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by bilms(m): 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2018
shocked
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by bilms(m): 12:07pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ioannes:

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Welcome. The more you get to know him, the better you appreciate him

1 Like

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by brickswrites: 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ioannes:

Not the same really.

That is a state's affair. If you aren't involved in state politics you may not know most of those that came out to contest.

This is a new political party. The name Olawepo has never featured in any national discourse of national struggle.

For example, Durotoye, people have heard his name and know him for some things. Same also for Sowore as owner of Sahara Reporters and activist going all the way back to MKO era.

If you want to know him, read here! the problem of this generation is that we dont read to know what happened 10years ago.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/2019-presidency-who-is-this-olawepo-hashim/

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by brickswrites: 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ioannes:

Not the same really.

It unfortunate that our generation dont read as such, we dont know what happened 5-10years ago, read about Olawepo Hashim here. you must like him once you follow his history, he indeed has done a great thing for Nigeria in the past

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 07, 2018
brickswrites:

If you want to know him, read here! the problem of this generation is that we dont read to know what happened 10years ago.

Look at this one o. Where were you ten years ago?

Jumping into the assumption that I'm of the same generation that doesn't read as you. #smh
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
brickswrites:

It unfortunate that our generation dont read as such, we dont know what happened 5-10years ago, read about Olawepo Hashim here. you must like him once you follow his history, he indeed has done a great thing for Nigeria in the past

Please please Mr. your generation doesn't read. Don't lump me with your generation that was just birthed a decade ago.

What's so special about his profile?

I haven't seen anything that'll will convince me to vote for me. Writing me twice to assert that your generation doesn't read and shoving his pictures at me won't work.

What is the great thing that you claim he has done for Nigeria?

Why are most people just hearing of his name if truly he is an activist worth noting.

I read his profile and his critics say he hobnobs with IBB and is not a pragmatist/realist.

He's divorced which MIGHT indicate a lack of ability to manage people.

What's that special thing about him again?
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by brickswrites: 5:25pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ioannes:

Not the same really.

Its unfortunate that our generation dont read as such, we wont be able to know what happened from 5-10years ago. I urge you to read about him via the link posted and trust me, you will come to like this Gbenga Olawepo Hashim because he has actually done alot for Nigeria and put his life online to making sure we are liberated. Happy Reading

Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by ofwest47(m): 8:40pm On Oct 07, 2018
Which one is P T party again _ Potential thieves party? I am surprised with all these zero zero votes parties just waisting their little money available to them in this era of vote buying or can they compare themselves with the New Looters party with their multi million dollar vote buying system.
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by bilms(m): 5:01am On Oct 08, 2018
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by onni19: 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2018
brickswrites:

Its unfortunate that our generation dont read as such, we wont be able to know what happened from 5-10years ago. I urge you to read about him via the link posted and trust me, you will come to like this Gbenga Olawepo Hashim because he has actually done alot for Nigeria and put his life online to making sure we are liberated. Happy Reading

So you are here too... Stop deceiving yourself but thank God your principal was wise enough to go to another party
Re: PT, ANN, ADC Enter Into Strategic Alliance To Form Apt,adopt Hashim As Candidate by bilms(m): 5:02am On Oct 09, 2018
?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Calabar Rally: Tinubu Didn’t Attack Buhari – APC PCC / LAGOS Or OGUN Which Of The State Has More Industries..? / FG Set To Distribute 10,000 Tractors And Inputs To Nigerian Farmers In 774 Lgas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.