Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,374 members, 7,864,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:24 AM

Who Goes To Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Goes To Heaven? (1730 Views)

Nigerian Lady Goes To Church With A Gun (Photos) / My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by DavidEsq(m): 8:19pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hier:

You mean to say we shall reign on earth, this earth or another earth?

We wld treat the issue of "which particular earth" very soon, but first, I believe u do not disagree with that scripture. Now earth is different from heaven. Isn't it? So when u say all Christians will go to heaven, don't u see how dat scripture seeks to correct ur reasoning? Would u accept it's correction, like Nicodemus or oppose it like the rest of the Pharisees?
If u wld accept it's correction, then I believe the next question u wld likely ask is "wat about the part of the scriptures that refer to "us" going to heaven?
Is that ur next question? The bible can answer that question and I wish us to check it out.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by DavidEsq(m): 8:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hier:

In the day thou eat of this tree, thou shall sure die.

There was something called death, if there was nothing called death, they won't surely die.

But how did death come, death came when Adam exercised the use of his soul, rather than his spirit.

Lemme give you the break down,

Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

And when she saw, what made her to saw, the use of the soul, the soul has to do with reasoning and you can convince the soul to do otherwise, its the reason why there are suicide bombers and other extremist, they have their souls been exercised on, and whoever is communicating to them at that point would be who's bidding they would carry out. But God said, though shall not eat, even before then, God gave the dominion of earth to man, and that includes dominion over the devil himself, the Bible said, Satan masquerade himself as an Angel of light, but truth still remain, though shall not eat, man ate, not because he normally would, but an external influence that he has authority over based on his dominion commanded him to and he followed the saying of a stranger over that of God
That is true: @ the highlighted. Let me break down my question which u have not answered fully. Since there was death like u claim, therefore, from the beginning, man knew the consequences of disobeying God. Was it not man's disobedience that brought death (Romans 5:12)? Therefore since man had a choice (freewill) between obedience and disobedience, do u think man would have died, if he obeyed God? Would he not have been living forever? That's question 1.
Question 2 is: since God did not desire that man should disobey him, was it not his intention or purpose that man would live forever on earth?
Let's get these two questions answered. Then we wld move on to the next bible teaching.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 9:39pm On Oct 09, 2018
t
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 9:43pm On Oct 09, 2018
DavidEsq:

That is true: @ the highlighted. Let me break down my question which u have not answered fully. Since there was death like u claim, therefore, from the beginning, man knew the consequences of disobeying God. Was it not man's disobedience that brought death (Romans 5:12)? Therefore since man had a choice (freewill) between obedience and disobedience, do u think man would have died, if he obeyed God? Would he not have been living forever? That's question 1.
Question 2 is: since God did not desire that man should disobey him, was it not his intention or purpose that man would live forever on earth?
Let's get these two questions answered. Then we wld move on to the next bible teaching.

The Holy Spirit inspired Paul to put these words down. We behold as in a glass, the Glory of the Father, are being transformed even by the same Spirit. The essence of God's creation was that we all become like Christ.

Hebrews 2:8-9, we see Jesus. but we did not see all things put under him, never mind if you don't understand, someone might.

To your question, Man was meant to live forever, sane way we would reign with the Son forever.

I'm just understanding something, we would keep learning in eternity, because Jesus said, in the Kingdom, the Children of the Kingdom would sit about their fathers to learn.

Matthew 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by DavidEsq(m): 9:56pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hier:

The Holy Spirit inspired Paul to put these words down. We behold as in a glass, the Glory of the Father, are being transformed even by the same Spirit. The essence of God's creation was that we all become like Christ.

Hebrews 2:8-9, we see Jesus. but we did not see all things put under him, never mind if you don't understand, someone might.

To your question, Man was meant to live forever, sane way we would reign with the Son forever.

I'm just understanding something, we would keep learning in eternity, because Jesus said, in the Kingdom, the Children of the Kingdom would sit about their fathers to learn.

Matthew 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
I appreciate ur honesty: @ the highlighted. Now if God's purpose was that man was to live forever on earth, do u think he has abandoned that purpose? That's the next question.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 10:01pm On Oct 09, 2018
DavidEsq:

We wld treat the issue of "which particular earth" very soon, but first, I believe u do not disagree with that scripture. Now earth is different from heaven. Isn't it? So when u say all Christians will go to heaven, don't u see how dat scripture seeks to correct ur reasoning? Would u accept it's correction, like Nicodemus or oppose it like the rest of the Pharisees?
If u wld accept it's correction, then I believe the next question u wld likely ask is "wat about the part of the scriptures that refer to "us" going to heaven?
Is that ur next question? The bible can answer that question and I wish us to check it out.

Well, I'm still a student of the word, there are areas in the Bible I must accept I'm not deeply rooted in my understanding of them. About heaven, I would generalise that, heaven is the term being used for wherever God has prepared for us. I rarely read the book of revelation that talks about the thereafter, there are times I have to study a particular area or topic of the Bible as God would want me to. I prefer reading the letters of Paul, the Gospel and a bit of Gen (creation) those are the areas I give more attention to, or let me say, God wants me to give more attention. Learning is great, I have Christian books, but what's the essence of Christianity, go ye therefore into the world and make disciples. In my light of understanding, only necessity would warrant that I talk about some topics, the truth of the Bible is, there are more than one verse that addresses a subject. Your question, man was to live eternally without dying if they didn't eat the forbidden fruit, or conceived the thought that brought death.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by DavidEsq(m): 10:07pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hier:

Well, I'm still a student of the word, there are areas in the Bible I must accept I'm not deeply rooted in my understanding of them. About heaven, I would generalise that, heaven is the term being used for wherever God has prepared for us. [b]I rarely read the book of revelation that talks about the thereafter, there are times I have to study a particular area or topic of the Bible as God would want me to. I prefer reading the letters of Paul, the Gospel and a bit of Gen (creation) those are the areas I give more attention to, or let me say, God wants me to give more attention. [/b]Learning is great, I have Christian books, but what's the essence of Christianity, go ye therefore into the world and make disciples. In my light of understanding, only necessity would warrant that I talk about some topics, the truth of the Bible is, there are more than one verse that addresses a subject. Your question, man was to live eternally without dying if they didn't eat the forbidden fruit, or conceived the thought that brought death.
2 Timothy 3:16,17: "ALL Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work."
The implication of 2 Timothy 3:16 is that when we don't read ALL the scriptures, we wld likely make erroneous opinions, doctrines, etc. This is because, the bible answers itself. So we wld be depriving ourselves of the completeness and accurate knowledge that God offers us thru his word, the bible.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 10:10pm On Oct 09, 2018
DavidEsq:

I appreciate ur honesty: @ the highlighted. Now if God's purpose was that man was to live forever on earth, do u think he has abandoned that purpose? That's the next question.
No, Sin was more like a diversion or detraction or a delay I would say, and the renewed men would continue in the light of where we stopped in the growth process.

Let's have it at the back of our mind that, those with the born again and recreated spirit, which the Holy Spirit emphasized would be like Him when we see Him, shall be the ones who would continue the journey in Gods plan or will for us.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Let's continue
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by DavidEsq(m): 10:15pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hier:

No, Sin was more like a diversion or detraction or a delay I would say, and the renewed men would continue in the light of where we stopped in the growth process.

Let's have it at the back of our mind that, those with the born again and recreated spirit, which the Holy Spirit emphasized would be like Him when we see Him, shall be the ones who would continue the journey in Gods plan or will for us.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Let's continue
Good. The bible supports ur answer that God does not abandon his purposes. That he wld fulfil his purposes, no matter what. We see dis at Isaiah 55:11. Kindly read it, pls.
When u have read it, we wld then pick out bible verses which show that God wld fulfil that original purpose of man living forever on earth. That arrangement is wat we wld consider now, but first, read Isaiah 55:11.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 10:18pm On Oct 09, 2018
DavidEsq:

2 Timothy 3:16,17: "ALL Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work."
The implication of 2 Timothy 3:16 is that when we don't read ALL the scriptures, we wld likely make erroneous opinions, doctrines, etc. This is because, the bible answers itself. So we wld be depriving ourselves of the completeness and accurate knowledge that God offers us thru his word, the bible.

1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

I stick to the part God wants me to stick to, so I feed the church better in that regard. Winners - Faith and prosperity, Deeper life - Holiness and Righteousness, Pentecostals- Dynamic of the Spirit, Kenyon- Redemption, Mountain of Fire - liberation and deliverance, CAC -Adura(Prayer), etc

I stick to my script, that's my scriptures.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by DavidEsq(m): 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hier:

1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

I stick to the part God wants me to stick to, so I feed the church better in that regard. Winners - Faith and prosperity, Deeper life - Holiness and Righteousness, Pentecostals- Dynamic of the Spirit, Kenyon- Redemption, Mountain of Fire - liberation and deliverance, CAC -Adura(Prayer), etc

I stick to my script, that's my scriptures.
U seem to disagree with 2 Timothy 3:16,17. That's for another day, tho. Back to the issue at hand in my oda quote, pls.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2018
DavidEsq:

Good. The bible supports ur answer that God does not abandon his purposes. That he wld fulfil his purposes, no matter what. We see dis at Isaiah 55:11. Kindly read it, pls.
When u have read it, we wld then pick out bible verses which show that God wld fulfil that original purpose of man living forever on earth. That arrangement is wat we wld consider now, but first, read Isaiah 55:11.

Life is in stages and men are in sizes, Isaiah 55:11 is one of my favorite verse. One problem am having while continuing this process is, my spirit might not really see those verses in the light you see them. In that light, go forward in this dialogue might not be convinent, reason being that, the same Isaiah 55:11, is a favorite verse of mine, I have meditated on it and I have drawn so much from that verse. I use Isaiah 55:11 in the light of a confession. I use it in the light of my words. We interacting with God based on how God would want us to perceive Him. In that light, I pull the curtain. I sure would read up on that later, I mean the thereafter, but I don't think I need those knowledge now. I want to rooted in what God will have me do in life and how to fulfil my purpose on earth, I consider those teachings tertiary, I mean and not profitable for me at this moment. Bye
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 10:42pm On Oct 09, 2018
DavidEsq:

U seem to disagree with 2 Timothy 3:16,17. That's for another day, tho. Back to the issue at hand in my oda quote, pls.

I disagree with knowing all the Bible verses in the Bible without knowing what they have for me. I read the Bible for life. I could read a Bible verse for a week or months, I do lot of meditation, and while meditating. I would have to relate verses based on my knowledge or inspired inspiration. Here is it, its like a ship with an anchor, I can't read the whole Bible from cover to cover, simply because I can't. While reading, I will surely stop at a verse. that verse becomes a book at the end of the day. So, I believe we will pull the curtain from here, you are taking me too fast than I can go, funny enough, we seem to agree on something, but like I said, too quick.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 10:46pm On Oct 09, 2018
When the perfect time comes for me to know about some truth, God would naturally inspire me to read along those line,

Jesus said, the word that I speak are Spirit and life.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by DavidEsq(m): 11:04pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hier:

Life is in stages and men are in sizes, Isaiah 55:11 is one of my favorite verse. One problem am having while continuing this process is, my spirit might not really see those verses in the light you see them. In that light, go forward in this dialogue might not be convinent, reason being that, the same Isaiah 55:11, is a favorite verse of mine, I have meditated on it and I have drawn so much from that verse. I use Isaiah 55:11 in the light of a confession. I use it in the light of my words. We interacting with God based on how God would want us to perceive Him. In that light, I pull the curtain. I sure would read up on that later, I mean the thereafter, but I don't think I need those knowledge now. I want to rooted in what God will have me do in life and how to fulfil my purpose on earth, I consider those teachings tertiary, I mean and not profitable for me at this moment. Bye
1 Corinthians 14:20 "Brothers, do not become young children in your understanding, but be young children as to badness; and become full-grown in your understanding".
1 Timothy 2:3,4 "This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4 whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth".
Colossians 3:10 "and clothe yourselves with the new personality, which through accurate knowledge is being made new according to the image of the One who created it".
Colossians 1:9,10 "That is also why from the day we heard of it, we have never stopped praying for you and asking that you may be filled with the accurate knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension, 10 so as to walk worthily of God in order to please him fully as you go on bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the accurate knowledge of God".

Jesus Christ in Matthew 18:3 stated "and said: “Truly I say to you, unless you turn around and become as young children, you will by no means enter into the Kingdom of the heavens. 4 Therefore, whoever will humble himself like this young child is the one who is the greatest in the Kingdom of the heavens.
Who is a child? Why the use of a child as an example here?
The answer is simple: a child has a learning mind. Never too proud to be corrected. Always curious or eager to know an always humble to learn. It is this learning mind that Jesus was referring to, when he spoke those words. So if we feel we only need selective knowledge, then 1 Timothy 6:3,4 rightly describes us in this way: "If any man teaches another doctrine and does not agree with the wholesome instruction, which is from our Lord Jesus Christ, nor with the teaching that is in harmony with godly devotion, 4 he is puffed up with pride and does not understand anything. He is obsessed with arguments and debates about words.........".
And 1 Timothy 3:7 then caps it all when it described certain person having a godly appearance as: "always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth".
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Didov1(f): 11:55am On Nov 04, 2018
just seeing this now,...really insightful[left][/left]
[/quote][right][/right] smiley[center][/center] cheesy[quote author=Hier post=71918236]Isn't it surprising that on many occasions, the Bible constantly substitute the fact that someone died with the word sleep cc didov1

John 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

Luke 8:52 And all wept, and bewailed her: but he said, Weep not; she is not dead, but sleepeth.

Acts 7:60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep. (Stephen) cc shortyy

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

The reason it is called sleep is because life is continuous,

Paul spoke about the continuation

Philippians 1:23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: 1:24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Didov1(f): 11:57am On Nov 04, 2018
just seeing this,..really insightful...
Hier:
Isn't it surprising that on many occasions, the Bible constantly substitute the fact that someone died with the word sleep cc didov1

John 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

Luke 8:52 And all wept, and bewailed her: but he said, Weep not; she is not dead, but sleepeth.

Acts 7:60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep. (Stephen) cc shortyy

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

The reason it is called sleep is because life is continuous,

Paul spoke about the continuation

Philippians 1:23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: 1:24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by xproducer: 12:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
Olifiz:
Have you heard about resurrection of the righteous in the future Act . Pls ask urself if one dies n go to heaven pls will there be any need for resurrection?

While Jesus was on earth. He’s good friend Lazarus died Jesus never said Lazarus was in heaven but rather said he was asleep even after Jesus resurrected him he didn’t say he was in heaven or hell or anything close that’s even after 4days he died. Everyone who was resurrected in the Bible never had or said they were somewhere else wen they died.

The Bible verse most Christians use to justify the heaven thing after death is the dream about one Lazarus story like that. Pls know that not everything written in the Bible is literal many are symbolic, if u take that dream story literally the meaning it gives u contradicts the resurrection hope promised by God, it also contradicts the state of the dead explained in Ecclesiastes. I’ll come back with a more detailed write up with bible verses.
----------

The Lord Jesus didn't say that Lazarus wasn't in Heaven either. Like Hier said, if one "has the Son" (that is, believes in the Lord Jesus Christ because of the operation and mercy of GOD), then when not in the body, that person is with the Lord. (Remember the transfiguration when Moses and Elijah appeared and visited with the Lord Jesus on the Mount? - Matthew 17:1-3)

"So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord." - 2 Corinthians 5:6

"We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord." - 2 Corinthians 5:8

This is supported by the story of The Rich Man and Lazarus in Luke 16:19-31 that you referred to (the Bible is truth, and very harmonious). There we can see that upon Lazarus' death in the flesh he is taken by Angels to Heaven where Abraham is (verse 22), and despite the rich man's plea that Lazarus be sent back to earth to warn the rich man's brothers about Hades/Hell, Abraham's response to him was that they (the brothers) should hear "Moses and the prophets" - that is, the word of GOD, and that they would not be "persuaded though one rise from the dead." (Verse 31).

With regard to the saints that have slept, they are with the LORD GOD, and have their own GOD given form - "Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints" - Jude 1:14

The resurrection pertains to God's people who are still on earth in the flesh when GOD returns on the last day - "Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality." -1 Corinthians 15:51-53. I believe the resurrection in this context, is not a resurrection from the grave, but the changing on the terrestrial/physical body to celestial/spiritual one.

By the way, there is some indication that celestial bodies differ in a manner that terrestrial bodies differ (See 1 Corinthians 15:41, in context see verses 36-49)

Peace and blessings.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by sonmvayina(m): 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hier:

I know there is resurrection of a body, 1Corinthians 15 spoke about the resurrection with another body, I don't know about the resurrection and the body in the case of sinners or unsaved. the Bible said when He appears we shall be like Him

There is no resurrection of the body, but reincarnation.. The christian got the idea of same body from the Egyptian who were skilled in the act of mummification.. Hoping that the spirit will return to that same body but alas, it does not but another body.. And it follows the same process, it enters the body inside the woman womb...
That idea is pagan, from Egypt.. And not spiritually correct.. The jews believed in reincarnation
Job 1:20 "naked I came from my mother's womb, naked I shall return there"..
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by theoriginalgood: 1:46pm On Nov 04, 2018
Who goes to heaven? No one! If anyone was a Saint, they’d be in heaven from the beginning.

Truth time. The one original Good God is somewhere in this existence. At the beginning, he tried to delete bad, but bad actually has some power to prevent this. This is why bad still exists today. Humanity is made up of beings that all die someday. You think a good being is ever supposed to die? Humanity is bad and will be wiped away eventually. Me, I keep looking at the clock
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by TruthHurts100: 2:35pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hier:

Some things are difficult to understand, not because they can't be understood, but because it takes time and much of reading to understand them.

God is a Spirit, and He looks at our Spirit. If a man goes to heaven of Hell, its based on the state of his Spirit as at the point of death. If our spirit is clean, we come to heaven, if its dirty, hell is the direction.

The question is, is Man born with a clean spirit and what makes the Spirit dirty and how does the dirty spirit transforms into a clean one.

Well, religion is about understanding the spiritual realm and how they influence the physical. I believe I'm saying too much. Anyway, the Bible said it all,

1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

If you don't have life, life is the ticket

Why did Jesus go to hell?
Why did job prayed to go to hell?
Who will be in charge of punishment in hell?
Where will hell will or is hell located?

If you can answer these questions with the Bible, then we can talk.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 11:27am On Dec 21, 2018
Didov1:
just seeing this,..really insightful...

I was looking for someone who I believe I should be following when I saw your moniker. How are you doing, I saw on your profile that you were online recently, how are you doing Woman of God
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Didov1(f): 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2018
im doing great...merry christmas in advance smiley
Hier:

I was looking for someone who I believe I should be following when I saw your moniker. How are you doing, I saw on your profile that you were online recently, how are you doing Woman of God
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 3:29pm On Dec 22, 2018
Didov1:
grin
Didov1:

Thanks, how was your admission, how did it go??
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hier:
■ Some things are difficult to understand, not because they can't be understood, but because it takes time and much of reading to understand them. God is a Spirit, and He looks at our Spirit. If a man goes to heaven of Hell, its based on the state of his Spirit as at the point of death. If our spirit is clean, we come to heaven, if its dirty, hell is the direction.
■ The question is, is Man born with a clean spirit and what makes the Spirit dirty and how does the dirty spirit transforms into a clean one.
■ Well, religion is about understanding the spiritual realm and how they influence the physical. I believe I'm saying too much. Anyway, the Bible said it all,
1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. If you don't have life, life is the ticket
1. This is wrong! Instead,

■ Only those who are born-again have spirits of their own. Jesus Christ explained this in His conversation with Nicodemus regarding what it means to be born-again in John 3 vs 1 - 8
■ According to Jesus Christ, no man will enter into Heaven or Hell until after He returns and judges the sheep and goats in His Kingdom, all of them born-agains. Meaning that not only has no man been in Heaven or in Hell since Jesus Christ came about 2000 years ago, but it also means that only those who are born-again can end up in either Heaven or Hell. Those who are not born-again cannot partake of the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 8 & Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46
■ In Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ is the judge as far as whether a man will end up in Heaven or Hell — both are ruled over by Him as He is King in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46

2. When one becomes born-again, Jesus Christ said one is born with a new spirit. However, it is not the spirit that God considers but the man in whom the spirit has been installed. A man who comes to Jesus Christ, a sinner, brings along with Him his sin-debt — all the sins He has committed against God. In Scripture, it is made known that God does not answer the prayers of sinners — not even their many prayers of forgiveness —, such prayers are an abomination to God. So, those sins have to be resolved by man in some way. For this reason, Jesus Christ— God's path to redemption for men— taught His followers that only through continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Truth, can one, by knowing the Truth, then eventually come to be set free by the Truth from slavery to sin - John 8 vs 31 - 36. After one's sin debts are completely resolved, one is no longer a sinner but a Son of God, transformed into a vessel worthy of God's own Spirit by which God can then hear and answer all of one's many prayers, including prayers for forgiveness of subsequent sins, without hindrance. undecided

3. Whatever spirit realm you are attempting to understand, if it is any different from the Truth of Jesus Christ, it cannot be of Him. undecided
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Mar 21, 2023
chiefolododo:
Christians
The sheeps(righteous) and goats(unrighteous) are both present in the Kingdom of God. They are all born-agains - John 3 vs 1 - 8. However, it is only the righteous that Heaven is meant for, whereas the goats have their place in eternal damnation - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 undecided
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Mar 21, 2023
Olifiz:
■ The Bible verse most Christians use to justify the heaven thing after death is the dream about one Lazarus story like that. Pls know that not everything written in the Bible is literal many are symbolic, if u take that dream story literally the meaning it gives u contradicts the resurrection hope promised by God, it also contradicts the state of the dead explained in Ecclesiastes. I’ll come back with a more detailed write up with bible verses.
1. Yep! That is actually a parable and not a dream — the Parable of Lazarus and the rich man found in Luke 16 vs 19 - 31. undecided
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hier:
■ Isn't it surprising that on many occasions, the Bible constantly substitute the fact that someone died with the word sleep
1. Nothing surprising there given that God made it clear to those of HIs Old Covenant, and equally to those of His New Covenant, that the promises which He has for them— the Old Covenant promise and the New Covenant Promise — will come, not at death but instead at an appointed time known only to Him. So, all the righteous dead of Old, as well as all those born-again in Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant, sleep in their graves, awaiting the resurrection to come, and the reward promised. undecided
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Mar 21, 2023
DavidEsq:
Ma una continue to dey deceive unasef
undecided
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hier:
■ Why the continuation, if he sleeps, he shall wake and shall be judged based on what he brought from this side of earth to continue there, so he sleeps here and continue a life in the the thereafter. No wonder Paul by the Spirit said, The truth is, the Spirit is saying here that we should not be sorrowful when a believer dies, these are sacred things so I must not add my own interpretation, but that's what the Bible says. People die to continue a life elsewhere
1. Life elsewhere and is to take place after the resurrection and the judgment where some will continue onto Heaven while others would continue onto eternal damnation. undecided
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2023
Hier:
Some things are difficult to understand, not because they can't be understood, but because it takes time and much of reading to understand them. God is a Spirit, and He looks at our Spirit. If a man goes to heaven of Hell, its based on the state of his Spirit as at the point of death. If our spirit is clean, we come to heaven, if its dirty, hell is the direction. The question is, is Man born with a clean spirit and what makes the Spirit dirty and how does the dirty spirit transforms into a clean one.
■ Well, religion is about understanding the spiritual realm and how they influence the physical. I believe I'm saying too much. Anyway, the Bible said it all, 1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. If you don't have life, life is the ticket
1. Jesus Christ Himself told you over 2000 years ago that No man is born from His mother's womb with a spirit of his own. Rather, it is when a man becomes born-again — born of water and born of spirit — that he acquires a spiritual portion of his being. The same Jesus also explained that sin is of the flesh and not of the spirit meaning that it is not the spiritual aspect of the person that determines whether the man has sins against God or not but the flesh that carries the sins the man has against God. undecided

2. Stop with the attempts to use scripture as a way to cover up obvious ignorance of God's Truth. undecided

What John says in that verse you quoted is in reference to Eternal Life which even those who will end up in Hell equally have — Eternal life which would be spent in Eternal damnation meaning they are all also born-again. undecided
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 2:40pm On Sep 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ Himself told you over 2000 years ago that No man is born from His mother's womb with a spirit of his own. Rather, it is when a man becomes born-again — born of water and born of spirit — that he acquires a spiritual portion of his being. The same Jesus also explained that sin is of the flesh and not of the spirit meaning that it is not the spiritual aspect of the person that determines whether the man has sins against God or not but the flesh that carries the sins the man has against God. undecided

2. Stop with the attempts to use scripture as a way to cover up obvious ignorance of God's Truth. undecided

What John says in that verse you quoted is in reference to Eternal Life which even those who will end up in Hell equally have — Eternal life which would be spent in Eternal damnation meaning they are all also born-again. undecided

Firstly, I believe our spirit does not relate, so you can as well stop mentioning me, thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Winners’s Chapel Easter Youth Alive Camp 2019 / . / There Is No Power In The Name Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.