Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Is Nigeria Cursed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Cursed? (2486 Views)

Is The Southern Part Of Nigeria Cursed To Suffer Under The Fulani Led Northern N / Is Nigeria cursed .... Check Out Some Hurtful Things Other Africans Are Saying / Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria Cursed? by mekaboy(m): 7:27am On Oct 10, 2018
Woke up this morning in my hotel/apartment in dubai looking out the window with a heavy heart. And I ask myself if Nigeria is cursed.

Each time I visit I ask myself if the oil that built this country is different from the oil we export.

I don't know if it's the citizens that are cursed or the leaders or everyone.

How citizens look at people that destroyed Nigeria over 30 years ago, and give them a chance to come and destroy it further after .

As if we are not tired of destruction, we still think of ways to re-elect failure.

Does any of these old politicians that watched Nigeria become a gutter to look like they can transform this Nation to look like dubai?

Maybe this picture will motivate and inspire you to think beyond your stomach and small money that influence your choices.

4 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by socialmediaman: 7:29am On Oct 10, 2018
Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by KanwuliaMama: 7:29am On Oct 10, 2018
Yes!
Nigeria is cursed!
But we are working on removing the curses of LIFELESSNESS! kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by Oyindidi(f): 7:31am On Oct 10, 2018
Maybe, the country don tire me
Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 10, 2018
It is not just Nigeria darkness is feasting on the poor mental capacities of the Africans.

The Leaders and the Peoples are all the same.

Africans are not looking for competent people to lead them: They are looking for "our man" to beat 'their man"

The current Epitome of Failure occupying the seat of power cannot make himself president without the help of many people.

How did a 70 year old man with questionable ethics emerge the flag bearer of the PDP?

He could never have done that without the help of people.

Are you not aware that Paul Biya of Cameroon is seeking for the 7th term I'm Office?

That is African Democracy for you.

If there is a curse, only Africans can break it by thinking right.

12 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by mekaboy(m): 7:45am On Oct 10, 2018
dVIA:
It is not just Nigeria darkness is feasting on the poor mental capacities of the Africans.

Africans are not looking for competent people to lead them: They are looking for "our man" to beat 'their man"

The current Epitome of Failure occupying the seat of power cannot make himself president without the help of many people.

How did a 70 year old man with questionable ethics emerge the flag bearer of the PDP?

Are you not aware that Paul Biya of Cameroon is seeking for the 7th term I'm Office?

But the population of those suffering the consequences of the incompetent leaders that emerge are far more than those that sponsor them to power.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by mekaboy(m): 7:48am On Oct 10, 2018
The worst part is that we are not even on the path to progress.

5 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 10, 2018
mekaboy:

But the population of those suffering the consequences of the incompetent leaders that emerge are far more than those that sponsor them to power.

Like begets like.

The incompetent leaders emerge from the population of incompetent citizens.

For example, the Pinnacle of Failure leading Nigeria has a fanatical followers hip among the population you are pitying.

In a free and fair election, the man will gannet votes in millions.

Even if he rigs himself to power, he will reply on the population of his followers to do it.

What is my point?
Do not make excuses for Africans.
The darkness is well deserved.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 10, 2018
mekaboy:
The worst part is that we are not even on the path to progress.

The first step towards progress is to define what you want

Do you need a competent hand as the president irrespective of who he is or where he comes from?

Or
Do you just want your region, state, Council or family to produce a leader irrespective character and competence.

Before Africa will develop in the likes of Dubai, there mist be a Mental Development first.

As at now, the mentality of the average African is garbage.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by gidgiddy: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2018
mekaboy:
Woke up this morning in my hotel/apartment in dubai looking out the window with a heavy heart. And I ask myself if Nigeria is cursed.

Each time I visit I ask myself if the oil that built this country is different from the oil we export.

How citizens look at people that destroyed Nigeria over 30 years ago, and give them a chance to come and destroy it further after .

As if we are not tired of destruction, we still think of ways to re-elect failure.

Does any of these old politicians that watched Nigeria become a gutter to look like they can transform this Nation to look like dubai?

Maybe this picture will motivate and inspire you to think beyond your stomach and small money that influence your choices.

Nigeria is not only cursed, it can't work. Even if you bring the best leaders in the world to run Nigeria, it still won't get better. For a country to work, it must be populated by people who have a common destiny and unity of purpose. Nigeria where the 3 major tribes are at each other's throat all the time? Not possible

Dubai is populated by people with unity of purpose, that's why the have used their Oil wealth to transform their land into paradise

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by mekaboy(m): 8:19am On Oct 10, 2018
dVIA:

Like begets like.

The incompetent leaders emerge from the population of incompetent citizens.

For example, the Pinnacle of Failure leading Nigeria has a fanatical followers hip among the population you are pitying.

In a free and fair election, the man will gannet votes in millions.

Even if he rigs himself to power, he will reply on the population of his followers to do it.

What is my point?
Do not make excuses for Africans.
The darkness is well deserved.

They said education is the key, but we have highly educated people fighting to place a less educated person that knows nothing about governance or economy, to rule over the educated.

If osibanjo contests for presidency, people won't vote him, even though we know he is more competent than the president.

And we have a large number of uneducated people in the North playing a critical role to determine who rules this Nation.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 10, 2018
gidgiddy:

Nigeria is not only cursed, it can't work. Even if you bring the best leaders in.the world to run Nigeria, it still won't get better. For a country to work, it must be populated by people who have a common destiny and unity of purpose. Nigeria where the 3 major tribes are at each other's throat all the time? Not possible

Dubai is populated by people with unity of purpose, that's why the have used their Oil wealth to transform their land into paradise

Unity of Purpose!!
I like the sound of that.

However, it is not only Nigeria, look across Africa.
Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 10, 2018
KanwuliaMama:
Yes!
Nigeria is cursed!
But we are working on removing the curses of LIFELESSNESS! kiss

If you think the only problem is the Pinnacle of Failure occupying the seat of Power in Abuja, then you have made a mistake.
Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:24am On Oct 10, 2018
Look how empty this thread is.. I bet you if u mention buhari and Atiku here... U will gather traffick. Nigeria is doomed. And itx a ticking time bomb.. To old haggard wizard struggling for power.. They ave ruled us during military regime. Now they are all coming back to rule us in democracy. One day. Gowon might come back to rule in sick bed

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by KanwuliaMama: 8:28am On Oct 10, 2018
dVIA:

If you think the only problem is the Pinnacle of Failure occupying the seat of Power in Abuja, then you have made a mistake.

Na who put such a “pinnacle of failure” dia? cheesy
Time to try another pinnacle please!

This USELESS DAURA JIHADIST MIST GO! kiss
Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by gidgiddy: 8:29am On Oct 10, 2018
dVIA:

Unity of Purpose!!
I like the sound of that.

However, it is not only Nigeria, look across Africa.

But far worse in Nigeria. Other African countries like South Africa, Botswana and Morocco can boast of 24 hour light, portable drinking water and motorable roads. What can Nigeria boast of?
Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by mekaboy(m): 8:29am On Oct 10, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
Look how empty this thread is.. I bet you if u mention buhari and Atiku here... U will gather traffick. Nigeria is doomed. And itx a ticking time bomb.. To old haggard wizard struggling for power.. They ave ruled us during military regime. Now they are all coming back to rule us in democracy. One day. Gowon might come back to rule in sick bed

As I go out and see the number of sky scrapers coming up and other development here,you can they are just starting.

Here, people are talking of salaries.
Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by Asquare84(m): 8:32am On Oct 10, 2018
gidgiddy:

Nigeria is not only cursed, it can't work. Even if you bring the best leaders in the world to run Nigeria, it still won't get better. For a country to work, it must be populated by people who have a common destiny and unity of purpose. Nigeria where the 3 major tribes are at each other's throat all the time? Not possible

you have nailed the nail on the head
Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:36am On Oct 10, 2018
mekaboy:

As I go out and see the number of sky scrapers coming up and other development here,you can they are just starting.

Here, people are talking of salaries.
bros I tire for this country.. Am tired.. If I see way I go comot and will neva come back again to this contraption... Look at how people are been massacre in nc. But people thinks itx nothing cos the heat ave not reached their region. Britain should come to Nigeria and set things right..but they won't. They rather loot and loot us dry... Till oil is finished in Nigeria. We will continue failing
Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by Asquare84(m): 8:37am On Oct 10, 2018
the responsibility of building a nation lies in the hand of both the leaders and follower, we must all put our hand in deck to build Nigerian. because of the nature of my work i relate with the high and low in civil service. guys you need to check out corruption in Nigerian even in EFCC

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by meccuno: 8:37am On Oct 10, 2018
Nigeria became cursed when we brought many Nations into one. the curse started in 1914 and would end when it is broken up.....
Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:42am On Oct 10, 2018
mekaboy:

guy... Is there underground parking lots in every sky scrapper over there? Cos sometimes all this American movies it seems that cars are parked underground
Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:43am On Oct 10, 2018
dVIA:

The man with questionable WAEC certificate is the saint ba?

APC people and their rubbish talk.
Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 10, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:

The man with questionable WAEC certificate is the saint ba?

APC people and their rubbish talk.

Some you reason with your emotions.

Before I mentioned the 70 year old man with questionable ethics, i first mentioned the Pinnacle of Failure.

As for calling me APC, be known unto you that i cannot belong any party in Nigeria.
None of them have idealogies that can attract my attention.

And please, henceforth before you quote me,
carefully read and digest my points.
I am not the average Nigerian of your dreams
Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by mekaboy(m): 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
guy... Is there underground parking lots in every sky scrapper over there? Cos sometimes all this American movies it seems that cars are parked underground

There are underground parking lots.
Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by mekaboy(m): 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2018
This is dubai at Night

Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by kYjelly2: 5:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
They are all ediots, I'm telling you

Instead of people to use all their God given energy to campaign for, sponsor, install someone new, they are going back to Buhari and atiku

Honestly, I wish I could pray for God to punish all these ediots, but those prayers won't be answered.

If Atiku wins now, do they really expect anything different?

Fvcking bastards!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by oodualover: 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
Nigeria won't grow because nothing unites as a country
Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by oodualover: 6:35pm On Oct 10, 2018
kYjelly2:
They are all ediots, I'm telling you

Instead of people to use all their God given energy to campaign for, sponsor, install someone new, they are going back to Buhari and atiku

Honestly, I wish I could pray for God to punish all these ediots, but those prayers won't be answered.

If Atiku wins now, do they really expect anything different?

Fvcking bastards!!
Nigeria wont grow Whether it is Atiku, Sowore, or Moghalu that ruke the country.
Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by oodualover: 6:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
Asquare84:
the responsibility of building a nation lies in the hand of both the leaders and follower, we must all put our hand in deck to build Nigerian. because of the nature of my work i relate with the high and low in civil service. guys you need to check out corruption in Nigerian even in EFCC
Nigeria can never grow. Split the country
Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by Arda1000(m): 6:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
dVIA:

The first step towards progress is to define what you want

Do you need a competent hand as the president irrespective of who he is or where he comes from?

Or
Do you just want your region, state, Council or family to produce a leader irrespective character and competence.

Before Africa will develop in the likes of Dubai, there mist be a Mental Development first.

As at now, the mentality of the average African is garbage.
ipob holds the key to our problems thats if we support them becus they are not fighting for baifrans alone,they are fighting for all the suffering masses in this expirement that can never work called nigeria
Re: Is Nigeria Cursed? by oodualover: 6:38pm On Oct 10, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
This is happening because the country is not meant to be

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos, Buhari Wont Relinquish Power If He Loses So Why Bother? / Malami Used Official Letter Headed Paper As Invitation For Son's Wedding- Photo / 52 Northern Groups Ask UN, Others To Back Biafra Agitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.