Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors (33545 Views)

Father Mbaka: Nigeria Is Cursed With Bad Leadership / Is Abia State Cursed Or We The Indigenes Caused It- PICTURES / Is Rivers State Cursed Or Are We The Cause? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by Carkeyng: 7:13am On Sep 21, 2019
Years back, they distressed our ears with 'mega city". After a lot of them traveled out and saw what mega cities looked like, the acronym was abandoned.
Lagos is s big mess. Cursed by myopic and selfish leaders.
You can't access anywhere in lagos without hitch. I mean, no single place. From Lekki to the Airport should be an hour or less drive but you would be lucky to escape it in 4 hours. From Iyana ipaja to Oshodi is as chaotic as hell can be. From Ojota to Oshodi, a journey of less than 20 minutes can take you between 1: 30 mins to 2 Hours.
From Apapa to any place in Lagos is the worst experience you wouldn't like to go through.
Those living at Okoko, Badadgry ,Eba, Alaba are now under a perpetual calamity. Their level of suffering depends on their destination.
Those living around ejigbo, igondo etc, your case is forgotten.
The citizens didn't help matters. Lagosians are known to hype and glorify their myopic governors even when it was obvious the governors are working against the citizens.
Some of the roads that were accessible under fashola administration have been blocked and abandoned by contractors that worked for Ambode administration.
Going by the look of things, the present administration, who spent her 100 days in office denying her campaign promises, has nothing to offer to Lagosians.
So the worst days are coming �.

225 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by SLAP44: 7:16am On Sep 21, 2019
Why must only criminals be selected to rule Lagos? It started from Tinubu who virtually stole the state blind during his two terms and handed over to Fashola who made sure he left the state bare of any good thing. Ambode wanted to work for the people but the old bad man from bourdillion bribed the people with two bullion vans to vote against their conscience.

Lagos will prefer to be ruled by an agboro like MC Oluomo than to get a quality governor who can govern the state without hate and crime in his mind.

140 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by godfatherx: 7:18am On Sep 21, 2019
You had Ambode, but because of moin moin and akara politics, you lost him and brought back Tinubu, sorry I meant Sonwolu

168 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by SLAP44: 7:21am On Sep 21, 2019
When will Tinubu remove his thieving hands from Lagos treasury?

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by YungMike(m): 7:21am On Sep 21, 2019
Everything is changing in Nigeria. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by Lisaint(m): 7:21am On Sep 21, 2019
I really don't understand this Mr Sanwo Olu Government!
The roads are bad but during is 100 days in office, he said he has repaired these roads

Ikotun-Abaranje is worst
Ikotun-Ijegun is worst
Iyana-Ejigbo
Isolo rd

I really don't understand that Man!

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by superior1: 7:21am On Sep 21, 2019
Late Funsho Williams is perhaps the greatest gov Lagos never had.

That dirty teeth, goro-eater-hugger Tinubu knows a thing or two why that is

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by nony43(m): 7:21am On Sep 21, 2019
Here in Abia state we are praying to have half of what lagosians had

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by MrWTF(m): 7:21am On Sep 21, 2019
You have quite a valid point.

Note- The population of Lagos alone is something that would only be calculated by a calculator.

In cities like New York, you can't escape traffic. So does it apply to a country of over 300 million heads like Nigeria, whose "get rich quick" pills is hawked in LAGOS.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by Lisaint(m): 7:21am On Sep 21, 2019
The roads are bad but during is 100 days in office, he said he has repaired these roads

Ikotun-Abaranje is worst
Ikotun-Ijegun is worst
Iyana-Ejigbo
Isolo rd

Whats happening to agege Bridge

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by midolian(m): 7:21am On Sep 21, 2019
With all the monies Lagos state generates, Good roads should never be her problem. But what do we have? shame!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by VivaDeAngelo(m): 7:22am On Sep 21, 2019
Lol........If Lagos state is cursed then Abia State is probably doomed. Please go to Abia State and help them fit a description for their past and present governors.

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by SLAP44: 7:22am On Sep 21, 2019
godfatherx:
You had Ambode, but because of moin moin and akara politics, you lost him and brought back Tinubu, sorry I meant Sonwolu

Sanyo olu is already showing signs of being an epic failure.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by neoclassical: 7:22am On Sep 21, 2019
Come to Satellite Town in Oriade LGA, you will weep for people living in that vicinity. People are abandoning their home due to lack of access to road network. Despite huge amount of money Lagos State government and Oriade LCDA are collecting from Tanker drivers and other road users, that road is a time bomb waiting to explode. Infact, I lack words to describe the situation.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by larry90500(m): 7:22am On Sep 21, 2019
Those living at Okoko, Badadgry ,Eba, Alaba are now under a perpetual calamity. Their level of suffering depends on their destination.

This really made me laugh hard grin grin grin

What I still don't understand is the reason why Ambode abandoned the Mile 2 - Badagry bridge that Fashola started, and why Sanwo Olu has also decided to abandon some projects Amode started before he left. Even if they are all having rifts, can't they just put those shits aside and govern us well

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by eph12(m): 7:22am On Sep 21, 2019
This topic applies more to Ogun state. As far as I'm concerned, they have had the worst governments since 1999

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 21, 2019
It isn't just Lagos....most states too have largely visonless governors from start to finish.

Plus, another issue is that local government in Nigeria...is just not working at all, which makes the matter worse.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by OmoOshodi(m): 7:23am On Sep 21, 2019
godfatherx:
sanwo was imposed....Ambode second term would have been hit

In fact ...super imposed

Sanwo is yet to wake up from campaign euphoria

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by Myhusband(m): 7:23am On Sep 21, 2019
[s]
SLAP44:
Why must only criminals be selected to rule Lagos?
[/s]

calling an academia and intelligentsia and a medical Doctor husband criminal shows your parent are nobody

has Sanwoolu spend a year before you confused entity start to criticize him?

look at Abia state and other east States in this 21 century but yet you people are worried about another man's land. only God know when una won get sense

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by madenigga(m): 7:23am On Sep 21, 2019
T
Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by Harrynight(m): 7:23am On Sep 21, 2019
angry

There's no doubt about it, with The mouthwatering sum Lagos generate monthly plus monthly Federal Allocation, Honestly Lagosians deserves better!

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:23am On Sep 21, 2019
After the first hundred days, Sanwo Olu has gone to sleep grin grin

Fashola was the only good thing that happened to Lagos state

He shun godfatherism and mediocrity and put his heart to work.

Others are just a means for Tinubu to Lagos State treasury

Dangote does not even have the kind of money, Tinubu has

Modified:
Comparing any state to Lagos State is suicidal, however, that's not to say that we don't know governors or states functioning.
Myhusband:
[s][/s]

what about Delta state despite huge allocations under PDP govt? what's the latest development in Delta state presently?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by Lugianostar(m): 7:24am On Sep 21, 2019
I think Cross River is more cursed with visionless Governors in Liyel and Ayade and not Lagos state please.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by Franklyspeakin: 7:24am On Sep 21, 2019
Sai baba. Tinubu has use Lagos pant to buy benz

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by destiny322(m): 7:24am On Sep 21, 2019
trash talk... ra nsi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by sleekman(m): 7:24am On Sep 21, 2019
Finally, the truth

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by drealcivilceno(m): 7:25am On Sep 21, 2019
Oga

Nigeria as a whole.

In lagos alone, the thugs class rule this city. They decide who is to rule, so what kinda vision is there to expect.

13 Likes

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by SendAbroad: 7:25am On Sep 21, 2019
Okay
Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by creolehunt: 7:25am On Sep 21, 2019
Lisaint:

Ikotun-Abaranje is worst
Ikotun-Ijegun is worst
Iyana-Ejigbo
Isolo rd

Whats happening to agege Bridge

If you want to see bad roads, go to Satellite Town. I don't know of its just Sanwo Olu, but I have never felt any Lagos governor's impact.
Tinubu is taking Lagosians on a ride. More baffling is that he is still a god-figure.

Spits.

18 Likes

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by picoba(m): 7:25am On Sep 21, 2019
You never know any thing. Lagosian we surely miss Ambode.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors by Franklyspeakin: 7:26am On Sep 21, 2019
Bro u dey talk cross river?? That one no reach Abia state na. They have messed up the state.
Every past govt was a hit at unseriousness,
back to back to back.
Lugianostar:
I think Cross River is more cursed with visionless Governors in Liyel and Ayade and not Lagos state please.

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Demola Adeleke: I Went Back To School When People Said I Had No WAEC Certificate / Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics / Aba Has More Industries Than All Southwest Cities except Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.