Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Nigeria Needs A Leader Who Knows Economics, ‘even Jesus Understood The Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs A Leader Who Knows Economics, ‘even Jesus Understood The Economy (202 Views)

Dogo Gide: Bandit Leader Who Shot Down Military Helicopter Killed / Farooq Kperogi Blames Buhari For The Death Of OPC Leader Who Was Stoned To Death / Buhari’s Memory Loss Normal, Even Jesus, Mohammed Did, Fake News – Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Needs A Leader Who Knows Economics, ‘even Jesus Understood The Economy by adekoya1988: 11:21am On Oct 10, 2018
Nigeria needs a leader who knows economics, ‘even Jesus understood the economy’— Obasanjo

Former president Olusegun Obasanjo says Nigeria needs a president who understands economics.

Obasanjo said this on Tuesday at the Foursquare Gospel Church annual public lecture in Lagos.

The former president cited the view of his late friend, Helmut Schmidt, a former chancellor of Germany, who said if the people in Africa are to make it, all their political leaders must have good grasp of economics.

He also referenced Bishop Matthew Kukah’s lecture in which he claimed that even Jesus understood the economy

He said there must be a balance of politics, faith and economy for the country to get it right.

“There is no doubt at all that if we have to get it right the three (economy, faith and politics) must go together,” he said.

“One of my international friends, the late Helmut Schmidt, who was a former Chancellor of Germany – he died at the age of 96 about three years ago, I was at the burial – and he said if we in Africa have to make it, all our political leaders must have good grounding in economy.

full details: https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/nigeria-needs-a-leader-who-knows-economics-even-jesus-understood-the-economy-obasanjo/
Re: Nigeria Needs A Leader Who Knows Economics, ‘even Jesus Understood The Economy by velocity25(m): 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
the Lifeless currently ruling Nigeria doesn't understand that.I cry for Nigeria.I dedicated my FTC to Atiku! #IAmAtikulated

(1) (Reply)

Lere LG Reps Primaries: Tasiu Bala Irrational, Promotes Bad Behavior / 2019 Presidency: The Gladiators And Their Self-assessment / Why Women Are Lagging In Nigeria Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.