Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked (33555 Views)

Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance / The Moment Osinbajo And Tinubu Met At APC South-West Leaders' Meeting (Video) / Osinbajo & Tinubu Meet & Greet At South-West Leaders' Meeting (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by modath(f): 11:14am On Oct 14, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
One news, three front line pages smh for zombies
Let me educate you people a little.
In Igboland, govs don't tell people what to do because the Igbo person look up to nobody but God (if you doubt me ask Rochas why Buhari lost IMO state yet APC won govnership). Hence we the South east people will vote massively for Atiku/Obi come 2019.
Please stop wasting your time, create topics that will market your Lord and Savior Buhari instead of wasting time on the rancour by a few irrelevant govs.

This Una delusion of grandeur is nothing short of comical. smiley ...Jonathan won in SW in 2011 but ACN cleared ALL other elective positions, there is nothing special in this....

Anyone listening to y'all grandstanding will almost believe the ramblings as being gospel... The anti Buhari /Fulani hate was started by your elites who knew (right) that they could not influence him to allow them free rein in his goverment...
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 14, 2018
StevDesmond:

Lol. Northern votes + block votes from either Sw, Se, Ss will win any election any day. FACT. Don't overestimate your usefulness. Simple question for you bro. In 2015, Buhari/Igbo and any other Hausa/Yoruba who do you think North will choose?

Dear bro ,, their is no politics without history, i found your question so easy, yawning !!
In 2003 ,under the anpp buhari had an igbo running mate, guess who ,dr. Chuba okadigbo,funny enuf, he said, "his acceptance to run was the shortest road to the presidency for Ndigbo in the right of the reality on the ground", [/b]now am laughing becos 15yrs after obi is about saying it tew ,lolz!!
In 2007, still under anpp buhari choose igbo again, undecidedyouself say ahhh !! [b]ume ezeoke
ko werk !! 2011 baba japa to sw
Inconclusion an hausa/yoruba won buhari/igbo in the past(2003) so that answer your not well thought of question ...infact obasanjo/atiku won more votes from the north than buhari ... #please sit
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by StevDesmond(m): 11:43am On Oct 14, 2018
ericsmith:

Dear bro ,, their is no politics without history, i found your question so easy, yawning !!
In 2003 ,under the anpp buhari had an igbo running mate, guess who ,dr. Chuba okadigbo,funny enuf, he said, "his acceptance to run was the shortest road to the presidency for Ndigbo in the right of the reality on the ground", [/b]now am laughing becos 15yrs after obi is about saying it tew ,lolz!!
In 2007, still under anpp buhari choose igbo again, undecidedyouself say ahhh !! [b]ume ezeoke
ko werk !! 2011 baba japa to sw
Inconclusion an hausa/yoruba won buhari/igbo in the past(2003) so that answer your not well thought of question ...infact obasanjo/atiku won more votes from the north than buhari ... #please sit

Don't be smart by half bro. We are talking of 2015 when the North felt they deserve to complete yaradua tenure and are hell bent on cringing to power and you are talking of other elections you and I already know the outcome even before the election. Buhari /Kalabari would have won 2015 election. FACT
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by JuanDeDios: 11:46am On Oct 14, 2018
[quote author=Esseite post=72068558][/quote]
Do allegations of election rigging count?
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 14, 2018
ikennaf1:

Your first line is disgusting. A display of sweeping generalization which tell nothing but lies. only stupid people generalize.

If your next comment is devoid of brainwork, we can end the conversation here.
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2018
StevDesmond:
Don't be smart by half bro. We are talking of 2015 when the North felt they deserve to complete yaradua tenure and are hell bent on cringing to power and you are talking of other elections you and I already know the outcome even before the election. Buhari /Kalabari would have won 2015 election. FACT

It took me awhile to read & interprete into understanding what you are asking ..
Before 2015 ,,buhari contested again these time with tunde bakare (sw) yet he losed.. so definitely in 2015 is victory wouldnt be just becos of the north but primarily becos he was in the right alliance, he met someone that everything he touches amounts to success ,i think God made it so.
You are just missing things up the only time the north could av been hell bent on completing yaradua tenure was 2011, yet obasanjo stood and insisted it jonathan for president ,, infact that should av optimised the chances of buhari then .. so why did the north still vote jonathan over buhari.
Buhari won jonathan just becos nigerians asides ipob nation were collectively tired of jonathan weakling & overlook on corruption ,the only alternative was just buhari, fortunately he was in the right cliq @ the right time.
If the north where hell bentin 2015, jonathan will not pull vote that much from the northern region ... bro which ever way you wana play@ history as answered it all
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Olukat(m): 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2018
Omoboricash:

I thought the south east are demanding for Biafra , alas! What has changed. I believe south east do not believe in project Nigeria.

Well I' am not from the SE, maybe those who were clamouring for Biafra will answer you.
However, I think the Igbos deserves more than what they have now from this country.
In my assessment Igbos are the true one Nigerian project... shocked
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Olukat(m): 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ijaya123:

It is now official. Igbos are now slaves to Fulanis.

I doubt if they will accept that assertion.
Let's build our nation my brother and forget what divides us.
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 14, 2018
JimD:
If Atiku changes VP now, he can as well kiss the presidency post goodbye

With an Igbo on Atiku's ticket, he has already lost the elections.

Nigerians are just watching igbos entertain us online.

#istandwithbuharitill2023

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2018
DonCaxton:

I agree, the disunity among the Igbos is disgusting, but it is a fact. A historical fact.

Only stupid people will disagree with a fact, without stating a superior argument. If the truth bothers you so much, there are rivers where you could properly drown yourself. Your whole comment displays nothing but unmatched stupidity.

At the point where we are, Igbos need to speak with one voice, and support each other, and infighting whittles down our political influence.
Everyone agrees that Obi is one of the best candidates from the East to fill that position, and he has support even from the SW, having a clean track record and capabilities to govern, and we can after he has proved himself in that position, support him for the presidency in the next political season. We need to be strategic and stop self deceit. It is an opportunity towards showing the world what we are capable of.

This post of yours is devoid of any atom of intelligence, and shows your propensity for violence. It's already end of discussion.
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by dumahi(m): 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2018
ikennaf1:

It is everywhere, I'm referring to your first line. not just Igbos... most politicians think, that not consulting them for every single decision means you're belittling them. Take Ambodes wife saga with the church chaplain for instance.

Heck, Tinubu and co refused to support the Yoruba presidents of houses of assembly and representatives. Is Tinubu Igbo?
I know that humanity & vanity re like 5 & 6. But it seems Igboland is a capital of vanity. For instance, have u noticed that any position zoned to SE always generates so much in-fighting that attracts nationwide public attention? Like senate president, PDP chair & now prezy running mate. From the kind of person Buhari is, u can be certain he consulted no more than Tinubu in choosing Osinbajo. Osinbajo wasn't a quarter as prominent in Yorubaland then as Obi now is in Igboland. But, did any SW gov or Afenifere chieftain complain? A word is enough for a wise.
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2018
Sunnyflex:

The usage of the word gift is not appropriate because the Igbo are part of Nigeria and have the constitutional right to participate in politics.

May I also, inform you that, it's not a platter of Gold that a person from SE was chosen as a running mate to Atiku. The APC has Osibanja as a vice, already, a man from SW.
By political equilibrium, a South East should also emerge as Vice in 2019 presidential election.

It's not a big deal if a man from SE is chosen as running to Atiku. It's the political or zoning balancing, by political analysis.

Atiku is not winning anywhere. You guys should stop raising your hopes. I see the Biafra Agitation being resuscitated next year. You igbos have serious problems coupled with delusions of grandeur.

You seem not to understand how other Nigerians view you. In all these, the only person I pity is Atiku because he deserves to be President but he blew it by his association with the igbos. He has effortlessly succeeded in earning the enmity of Hausas and Yorubas with just masterstroke.

He's not destined to be Nigeria's President and that is very sad.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Ugosample(m): 12:51pm On Oct 14, 2018
DonCaxton:

I agree, the disunity among the Igbos is disgusting, but it is a fact. A historical fact.

Only stupid people will disagree with a fact, without stating a superior argument. If the truth bothers you so much, there are rivers where you could properly drown yourself. Your whole comment displays nothing but unmatched stupidity.

At the point where we are, Igbos need to speak with one voice, and support each other, and infighting whittles down our political influence.
Everyone agrees that Obi is one of the best candidates from the East to fill that position, and he has support even from the SW, having a clean track record and capabilities to govern, and we can after he has proved himself in that position, support him for the presidency in the next political season. We need to be strategic and stop self deceit. It is an opportunity towards showing the world what we are capable of.

exactly
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Ugosample(m): 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

Atiku is not winning anywhere. You guys should stop raising your hopes. I see the Biafra Agitation being resuscitated next year. You igbos have serious problems coupled with delusions of grandeur.

You seem not to understand how other Nigerians view you. In all these, the only person I pity is Atiku because he deserves to be President but he blew it by his association with the igbos. He has effortlessly succeeded in earning the enmity of Hausas and Yorubas with just masterstroke.

He's not destined to be Nigeria's President and that is very sad.

undecided

who is this urchin

you must be delusional to think that Buhari will win this election massively after the damage his gov't has caused? grin

you tribalist mofos Don t have a say

the reasonable and sensible ones will be the one to vote out the dullard.....

Just watch and see
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Ijaya123: 12:56pm On Oct 14, 2018
Olukat:

I doubt if they will accept that assertion.
Let's build our nation my brother and forget what divides us.

They started the narratives. Now the reality is starring them in the face.
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Ugosample(m): 12:56pm On Oct 14, 2018
Olukat:

Well I' am not from the SE, maybe those who were clamouring for Biafra will answer you.
However, I think the Igbos deserves more than what they have now from this country.
In my assessment Igbos are the true one Nigerian project... shocked

exactly

we have given so much to this country

yet so so many hate us

What kind of people are these undecided

Instead of us to come together and build a country that we will be proud of, tribalism and stupidity is the order of the day undecided

Illiteracy, ignorance and barbarism is to blame anyways

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Ugosample(m): 12:57pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ijaya123:

They started the narratives. Now the reality is starring them in the face.

who started which narrative?
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Ugosample(m): 1:04pm On Oct 14, 2018
FBIL:
grin grin grin grin SEE UMAHI THAT IS SELFISH, STINGY AND TREATS WORKERS IN HIS FILLING STATION AS IF THEY'RE DOGS. AH....POWER EHN...!!
UMAHI COMPLAINED WHILE I WAS ON HIS TABLE THAT PETER IS STINGY AND MAY NOT BE ''FRIENDLY'', IF HE REQUESTS FOR A FAVOR, CHAI...!!

that kind thing
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ugosample:

undecided

who is this urchin

you must be delusional to think that Buhari will win this election massively after the damage his gov't has caused? grin

you tribalist mofos Don t have a say

the reasonable and sensible ones will be the one to vote out the dullard.....

Just watch and see

OK. Just stop spamming the cyberspace with this Peter Obi BS. Y'all should plan how to vote him enmasse in the east.

The elections are like 5 months away and we have a country to run till then.
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 14, 2018
ikennaf1:

This post of yours is devoid of any atom of intelligence, and shows your propensity for violence. It's already end of discussion.

It's not by force to talk, you know. You just keep saying things that dont make sense. Propensity for violence, how? do you even know what that means? Lmao.
My guy, just go.
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 14, 2018
Welrez:
A meeting of leaders of the South-east in Enugu has ended in deadlock, PREMIUM TIMES has learnt.

The meeting was hastily convened on Saturday following the announcement of ex-governor Peter Obi of Anambra State as the running mate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, on Friday

The meeting had in attendance PDP governors and legislators from the South-east and other eminent members of the party from the zone.

Held at the Enugu home of Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, the meeting ended without any resolution regarding the nomination of Mr Obi.

In attendance were governors Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, David Umahi and Okezie Ikpeazu of Enugu, Ebonyi, and Abia states respectively.

After more than one hour of deliberations, they did not reject or accept Mr Obi’s nomination.

Briefing reporters on the outcome, Mr Umahi said the leaders of the zone were not consulted before the said nomination.

Mr Umahi, who is also the chairman of the South-east Governors Forum, said Mr Abubakar would meet with South-east leaders over the choice of his running mate.

The governor said the meeting of South-east PDP stakeholders was to brainstorm on the choice of the former governor of Anambra State as Mr Abubakar’s running mate.

He said both PDP governors in the zone and other stakeholders were shocked over the news of a vice presidential slot given to Ndigbo whereas no formal notice to that effect was given.

Mr Umahi said Mr Abubakar sent in a message during their meeting informing them that he was out of the country for a short period.

He said he pleaded with them to remain calm that he would be coming down to the zone to dialogue with the leaders.

“We saw news flying up and down saying that our presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has picked a running mate from the zone,” Mr Umahi said.

“We were shocked because we were not consulted. While we were meeting, Atiku sent message that he travelled out of the country for a short period. He promised to come down and meet with South-east leaders.”

The Zonal Vice chairman of PDP, Augustine Umahi, said the leaders of the party in the zone saw the news of Mr Obi’s nomination as the PDP’s running mate on social media.

“Our leaders are saying that we are not yet aware that such a thing (Obi’s appointment) happened.

“We have gotten in touch him (Atiku), he is traveling tonight and he promised that when comes back we shall meet in that.

“Peter Obi is our son, and is from South-east, we are not rejecting or accepting him but we are saying is that we are not aware, you cannot shave a man in his absence,” he said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/290270-peter-obi-south-east-governors-leaders-meeting-deadlocked.html

Igbo people are all joke they don't have cooperation at all i thought this what was they want all this while so why the confusion? Now
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 14, 2018
dumahi:

I know that humanity & vanity re like 5 & 6. But it seems Igboland is a capital of vanity. For instance, have u noticed that any position zoned to SE always generates so much in-fighting that attracts nationwide public attention? Like senate president, PDP chair & now prezy running mate. From the kind of person Buhari is, u can be certain he consulted no more than Tinubu in choosing Osinbajo. Osinbajo wasn't a quarter as prominent in Yorubaland then as Obi now is in Igboland. But, did any SW gov or Afenifere chieftain complain? A word is enough for a wise.

You've had your mind made up. So it's impossible convincing you otherwise. Just as its impossible to convince someone who has his mind made up that Yoruba people are the representatives of dirtiness.
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Chukazu: 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2018
lexy2014:
SS wasn't consulted b4 Jonathan was chosen 4 yar'adua. D initial pick was peter odili. It was on d night of d convention that yar'adua announced his pick by then Jonathan had already retired 2 his hotel room.
D Igbo case is peculiar. D lack of unity is glaringly evident. D political leaders always want 2 show superiority 4 simple issues. This was d case in d OBJ era when they were all queuing up 2b d next senate president. In 2015, ngige was d only high ranking APC senator in d national assembly. D president Hausa/VP Yoruba. Instead of igbos 2 rally round him so he could get senate presidency, they voted him out of d senate. Igbo politics is very disappointing but d outcry of marginalisation is d loudest. How will igbos not b marginalized when they can't put their acts together?

How can you say SOUTH SOUTH region were not consulted?
PETER was never a possibility but probability. That was never a way the Ijaws would be left out for an IKWERE man when the government was looking for a way to appease them.
You can say the region wasn't consulted ... that is NAIVE
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Ziggylady(f): 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ogbuefienubiaka:
I like the fact that they were not consulted if not they would have put a questionable person. Peter Obi is a man of honor and their fear is that he will not steal for them.

We are already Atikulated

Me too,.good-for-nothing 'leaders'
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by lexy2014: 4:50pm On Oct 14, 2018
Chukazu:

How can you say SOUTH SOUTH region were not consulted?
PETER was never a possibility but probability. That was never a way the Ijaws would be left out for an IKWERE man when the government was looking for a way to appease them.
You can say the region wasn't consulted ... that is NAIVE

Since u aren't naive, how was SS consulted b4 Jonathan was given d VP slot? Who&who were d people that were consulted? Give names pls. How were d Ijaws aggrieved that made them need "appeasement"? Which peter are u referring to, odili or obi? And how was he a probability not a possibility?
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Lanre0: 5:00pm On Oct 14, 2018
Atiku went outside the country to bring in parts of looted money in order to pacify the hungry Igbo thieves. Atiku + Igbo thieves equal to grandlooters.
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Chukazu: 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2018
lexy2014:

Since u aren't naive, how was SS consulted b4 Jonathan was given d VP slot? Who&who were d people that were consulted? Give names pls. How were d Ijaws aggrieved that made them need "appeasement"? Which peter are u referring to, odili or obi? And how was he a probability not a possibility?

When you have your mind made up it is hard to reason otherwise.
I mentioned Odili and IKWERRE you still ask me which PETER?

Go and read up the story behind Jonathan's emergence then you can argue better.
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by lexy2014: 6:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
Chukazu:

When you have your mind made up it is hard to reason otherwise.
I mentioned Odili and IKWERRE you still ask me which PETER?

Go and read up the story behind Jonathan's emergence then you can argue better.

there's a reason y people have surnames especially when d discussion centres around two different people who have same first names. So its not out of order 2 ask u which peter u referring to.

Seems u read d story behind Jonathan's emergence, but yet I can't c d points u have made or how u have argued better. I asked u simple questions and with all u have read, u couldn't answer one question.
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Obdk: 12:33am On Oct 15, 2018
supereagle:
Crack in the camp. Buhari is favored to win. God is working for him.

Calabar - Itu road. May looters not have access to rule us again.
u dont even have sense.

Calabar is in d rainforest zone...
D second picture could be calabar road but d first picture is not any whr near calabar
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Ijaya123: 2:27pm On Oct 15, 2018
Ugosample:

who started which narrative?

God and idiots, according to Kanu

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by BabbanBura(m): 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2018
mistyebby:

Its not greed, its arrogance. I'm Igbo but frankly, I'm sick of the arrogance of an average Igbo man.

Especially from those born and brought up in the south east. Arrogance deprives us of plenty and adds nothing but stupidity and enemity.

I hope that evil spirit leaves us soon.

No wonder, so una get evil spirit!
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by mistyebby(f): 12:02am On Oct 16, 2018
BabbanBura:

No wonder, so una get evil spirit!

cheesy Na that one you see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... / Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe / Is Lokoja Really The Worst Capital In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.