Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? (6651 Views)

Ibadan Church Bans Leggings, Mini Skirts, Open Bosom & Topless Outfits (Photo) / Should Ladies Wear Trousers Or Put On Ear Rings Or Wear Make Up Or Wear Weavon / Should A Christian Woman Wear Immodest Dress Like Bikini, Mini Skirts, And Short (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by tlops(m): 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2007
I am only saying if u think wearing of trouser is a sin then consider the other sinful actions that this part of the scriptures gives. You will find out that in this other part we fall short, then we should ask shoujld wearing of mixed material clothing be allowed.because most don't know this could be counted as sin if we follow this passage literally.

5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

but in this matter, I don't think its wrong but all things should be done moderately.

1 cor 8: 9-13

Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak. 10For if anyone with a weak conscience sees you who have this knowledge eating in an idol's temple, won't he be emboldened to eat what has been sacrificed to idols? 11So this weak brother, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge. 12When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13Therefore, if what I eat (wear )causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat(wear it) meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by mellow(m): 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2007
Thou saith
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by barikade: 5:50pm On Jun 13, 2007
@tlops,

I think that is the point we should all try to make instead of the name-calling and no answers. Personally, I'm persuaded about the same point you made; only that I would put it like this:

Wearing trousers or miniskirts can become a sin if it helps another person to sin.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by westsidema(f): 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2007
nothing is a sin. Bleep all these shit ppl are thinking. u just don't have to be cheap when guys are around. i wear mini-skirt as i find myself sexy eventhough i wear jeans. though some think that to get girls easily. it depends on how they perform themselves but im not in2 that stuff.

but too much of these showing of body (just to have limits)
like some of diz celebrities wear those stuff just cuz is their style and to some it attracts ppl or some youths about how they wear. i think being simple is okay. is okay to wear jeans and mini-shirts or short but just know what u do, datz it.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by Reverend(m): 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2007
@Westsidema

Well spoken, it is really funny that most of the girls that brand other girls sinners because of the way they dress are fat and ugly and most of the guys are losers that do not have a girl (or maybe an ugly one) grin grin grin
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by fuzek: 6:22pm On Aug 04, 2007
Jesus was wearing gowns in his dayz and not trousers!!! so who says trousers is for 'men'.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by mellow(m): 11:52am On Aug 05, 2007
Something only becomes sin when you

make it a sin.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by software(m): 9:20pm On Aug 05, 2007
mellow:

Something only becomes sin when you

make it a sin.

I think u r wrong, would u then say, that ROBBERY, becomes a sin when u make it a sin?
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by Reverend(m): 6:51am On Aug 06, 2007
SIN is just a word and nothing else, rename it as 'wrong', 'naughty', 'bad' or whatever you want.

We are always trying to connect things to the pretend God, instead of on a normal, human level.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by doyenn(m): 1:37pm On Aug 06, 2007
The basic thing about dress is just to cover the part that are not suppose to be exposed.For a lady,the whole of the body is bind to be covered because we're made to understand that all their body are precious and are not suppose to be expose to others except their husband and families.For a man,from navel to our kneel must be covered.All of this things are necessary to prevent some certain event from occuring and for which if occurs can damage lots of things.So either trousers for ladies or mini skirts are bad.

Ladies are meant to wear skirt that wld cover them all.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by holythug(m): 8:15am On Feb 02, 2008
NONE
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by dafidixone(m): 1:01pm On Feb 02, 2008
I recently bought a pair of jeans for my girlfriend on her birthday and she rejected it because of some religious belief she holds about a lady putting on trousers, but funnily enough she wears some very tight fitting mini skirts which I think can drive a man crazy.

Please I need some advice on what to do as I love her but we haven’t spoken for the last one week and it’s driving me crazy

Looked more of fiction than reality. Anyway undecided
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by fred4alabi(m): 5:21pm On Aug 02, 2010
Its high time understand the religious interpretation of this wearing clothes so as to educate all the religious fanatics who barley no anything about biblical meanings and interpretation before running conclusions and condemning people, things and other believes

When the God says man should not wear women's clothes and women should not wear men's clothes, He is not talking of style and fashion. In Scotland, their men where skirts. In our eastern and southern Nigeria, men tie wrappers. In many part of Europe, women traditionally wear trousers. Many occupational uniform is trouser.

What God says is that A MAN SHOULD NOT WEAR CLOTHES ALREADY WORN BY A WOMAN AND A WOMAN SHOULD ALSO NEVER WEAR CLOTHES ALREADY WORN BY A MAN. it is unholy in the site of GOD not STYLE, DESIGNS AND FASHION.

Even Dogs and other sniffing animals prohibits it. If a dog sniffs a difference in the odour of the clothes you wear and that of your body odour, the dog will bark you strongly because its finding difficult to identify you. Its unholy before God and also and attempt to disguise before GOD. i only pity those that wear second hand clothes. you might be committing a lot of SINS this way.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by Image123(m): 1:28am On Aug 05, 2010
Majestically strolls in the people who thunk it's high time to educate those who run.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by tpiar: 9:46am On Nov 25, 2019
roflmao:
roflmao @ this thread, ha ha ha ha ha. Funny shit!

You are really amused.
Re: Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin? by tpiar: 9:46am On Nov 25, 2019
@ topic

both are sins.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? / See How Muslims Are Trooping To Jesus / Babies Will End in Hell! - Biblical proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.