Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Gospel Music Versus Secular Music - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gospel Music Versus Secular Music (14054 Views)

Poll: Which do you prefer: gospel music or secular music?

Gospel music: 86% (52 votes)
Secular music: 13% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 / GODWIN; Gospel Or Secular??? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gospel Music Versus Secular Music by detruth: 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2008
Pardon me if i miss the intent of the poster concerning this thread. But all I could see is concerning the matter is that the world is rather influencing the Church than the Church influencing the world.
Re: Gospel Music Versus Secular Music by mycc(f): 4:40pm On Apr 11, 2008
gospel dey catch up.
Re: Gospel Music Versus Secular Music by skolohot: 4:57pm On May 12, 2008
dear topy this is skolo
ur guy from 9ja ebute metta villa
i was amaze when i read ur last post about the people that are already saved are the majority of this word
and i wonder how you get to know this
cos i have some questiopns
have u been to every nook and cranny of this whole wild word?
i will patiently wait for the rspond my dear
so see yah l8ter right

Re: Gospel Music Versus Secular Music by mycc(f): 9:32pm On Jul 21, 2008
preahing the gospel is like going to war. in fighting war, u must know ur enemy and fight with mission, if the gospel artist seems to be influenced by the world to pass his message across, then he is thinking right, you cannot fight the enemy you do not know.
Re: Gospel Music Versus Secular Music by mycc(f): 8:16am On Aug 16, 2008
preahing the gospel is like going to war. in fighting war, u must know your enemy and fight with mission, if the gospel artist seems to be influenced by the world to pass his message across, then he is thinking right, you cannot fight the enemy you do not know.
Re: Gospel Music Versus Secular Music by fyneboye(m): 8:48am On Aug 16, 2008
All i will say is that as far as this world is concern BAD thing dey sweet pass GOOD THING. Gospel MUSIC is still my favOrite type of music. SHEKHINA. cheesy
Re: Gospel Music Versus Secular Music by mycc(f): 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2009
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Gospel Music Versus Secular Music by sammyzacks(m): 5:44pm On Jan 12, 2009
Whats gospel music? music is music. When you hear good music you know, regardless of the message. But if you mean message in music then i would prefer inspirational lyrics far better than alot of crazy stuff some of our guys write e.g black face and idris and p-square etc.
Re: Gospel Music Versus Secular Music by BSH(m): 6:54pm On Oct 25, 2009
Personal choices. Until recently, i used to ve not less than 100 albums(secular music): 95% rap,5% R&B. I threw them all in the trash can (barely a week after i bought the last one: Da Grin, CEO). It was hard coz they were part of me. They were idols. I worshipped them. I needed to cleanse my already polluted mind. The "air" blew into my soul. I wanted 2 know Him d more. Gospel and nothing else. It's d End of Days. Get on the right boat. For me, heaven's jst got a great reason to rejoice. grin

1 Like

Re: Gospel Music Versus Secular Music by tpiadotcom: 2:05am On May 05, 2015
lafile:
@mycc

I dare say for me and most of my friends all you said can be proven wrong. i have over 4GB of music on my system right now, and apart from love songs for my wife (about 15) and manchester united anthems, i only have gospel music.

do you mind listing some of the love songs here (or the artists).

are you still on nl?

I dont know lyrics of any secular songs recorded after 1999. (No rap songs after 1996). I wont go to any non gospel concert for free. I will pay N20,000 to see fred hammond or hezekiah walker anytime anyday. i spend a lot of time searching for the latest gospel songs online. its just my life. Dont get me wrong i do hear non-gospel songs everywhere, but they are not a part of me. I can enjoy the harmony, Vocal and musical arrangement, lyricists ability as per rap, but i am 101% into gospel music.

why 1999?

just curious.
Re: Gospel Music Versus Secular Music by idisha42: 4:08am On May 05, 2015
undecided[sup][/sup][img][/img]hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What It Means To Fall From Grace - Joseph Prince / Should Money From Sowing Of The Seed Go To Pastors? / Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.