Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,656 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? (16599 Views)

Video Of A Lecturer Sexually Harassing A Student Released By RSUTV - UNIPORT / The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? / PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by addictiv(m): 9:13am On Oct 17, 2018
Sad news everywhere, why do these lecturers who Re supposed to guide and. enter decide to destroy hopes and dreams. Read about a Uniport Professor who goes around slapping and intimidating others. its really sad.
https://www.nairaland.com/4337636/university-port-harcourt-suspends-professor#64904925
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by alabsmichael(m): 9:15am On Oct 17, 2018
Now I'm a graduate

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by AtoyebiTaiwo(m): 9:16am On Oct 17, 2018
After my NYSC, I applied for Post Graduate Diploma in Education. First semester result was awesome. During second semester exam, I have an interview I can't afford to miss by 8am on Saturday of which I also have a course to write same day (Developmental Psychology) I explained to one of the supervisors on Friday that I have an interview the following day, that I may come late, the exam was scheduled for 10am.. my request was granted. I went for the interview.. Met with the head of the panel, I was interviewed.. I left there 9:25am. Took a cab to the venue of the exam. I got there 10:25am. I just entered not knowing that my state coordinator was in the exam hall. Yawa gas, She asked me why I came late, I explained everything to her, I showed her all my credentials, the job invitation, she said that's not an excuse. I prostrated. Even all the supervisors help me beg her. Since I was born, have never plead for mercy like that. She said I won't write the paper. She sent me out. At the third floor of the hall, I saw two police men armed with gun, I had a voice 'Taiwo, what are you waiting for, collect the gun and shoot this woman in revenge. Another voice said that's not the end of life. I wanted to jumped from the last floor. I thought of my future. From my year one in higher institution, have never failed a course. My least grade was 'B'. I graduated with Distinction. I waited outside till my colleague finished the exam. The result was released, I passed other courses, for Developmental Psychology - I saw Absent there. I enrolled for the course the following year and scored 65. I can never forget what the woman did. Any position we find ourselves, let's be considerate. Let's be HUMAN. sorry for the long Epistle, have a great day.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by shegoly(m): 9:18am On Oct 17, 2018
When my projects supervisor told my girlfriend in my presence to see him in his office so that I can pass my projects...... nairalander I think u know wat that means?
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Vjtimmzy: 9:19am On Oct 17, 2018
My lecture told me I can't graduate if he is still alive, so I gegely bought certificate from another university and I attended his funeral.
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by chisani(m): 9:20am On Oct 17, 2018
That's a good lecturer oo(quote author=qanda post=72157772]I once approached a lecturer after his lecture to say I did not understand an aspect of the lecture and want to know if I can visit his office for further explanation... He said I should go and look for my colleagues that understood it. The look in his eyes, the way he said it was not friendly.

In my second year, I had a lecturer who administered assignments online. You download assignments and submit them online too, the process of typing and submitting assignments online was frustrating at the time, looking back, I think he did us good, forced many to learn to use the computer.

To close, you can source study materials, past questions and answers, professional Exams past questions and answers, career and business books for FREE on Q and A App.
Download Q and A App from Google Playstore[/quote]
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Werehkpe: 9:21am On Oct 17, 2018
We wrote a test and when the result came back i failed woefully

I was handed my script and on it was boldly written "adviced to withdraw from chemistry"

By the time i took the next test, I scored the highest in class. Had to add this part make una no think say I be dullard

1 Like

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by chisani(m): 9:22am On Oct 17, 2018
Lecturer flinging Assignment of students from 3rd floor down to the ground floor.
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by olugabbie(m): 9:22am On Oct 17, 2018
If i were ur parent i wil disown u for not intelligent enough to knw how to follow a trend perfectly.

Pple like u wil raise children lik u. And the only tin pple lik u can do for this country is to further underdevelop Nigeria.
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Fhowe: 9:23am On Oct 17, 2018
Sometimes we think this lecturers are wicked but they arent ,God bless my lecturer for credit and loan Administration a lot of banking and finance final year student normally failed this course but my wonderful lecturer selected those of us that would purposely sit at the back of the class even if the front rows are empty ,he gave us special seats in front (like where the choir stay in church) this move made all of us he selected to pass this course .Most students focus on the lecturer and not what he his teaching .God bless you Prof Wole Adewunmi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Mulatta(m): 9:26am On Oct 17, 2018
*one didn't allow me to right test because I was test, it was even because of me he did the test "a major one".
*Failed MTH the first semester I entered school because I didn't know we were supposed to pay bribe money.
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Gbelex(m): 9:29am On Oct 17, 2018
After asking couple of questions that I couldn't provide answers to,he said "what do u know"
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by debuscket(m): 9:33am On Oct 17, 2018
While in medical school, my classmate failed a random qstn thrown at him, the lecturer looked at him, shook his head and said "young man if u continue like this, it's better for a patient to attend to you than you attending to a patient". The whole class laughed the guy to scorn.

Today the guy is a senior registrar in Radiology, the same dept the lecturer is a prof.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by samkoji(m): 9:37am On Oct 17, 2018
I remember taking my course registration form in final year to my Cartography Lecturer, Mr Ortesegha, he looked at me and told me matter of fact, "you will not graduate" when my results were released, I had a carry over in that course, going to BSU was the worst mistake I ever made in life. The level of tribalism and nepotism is next to none.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by djoe21(m): 9:38am On Oct 17, 2018
ernesterioo:
During my sojourn as a Master's student in the University of Ibadan.

This woman came out and saw us like five guys waiting in the front of her office. She asked me what I wanted? I told her, I want to submit my internship form, she asked me to repeat it three times, I said same thing.

This stupid woman replied me, see your life. And you are a Master's student , she now turned to the undergraduate guys beside me to correct me.

This stupid boy no get chill, he said, I will like to submit my internship form.

I hated this woman this day. I will forever hate her

Hate is a strong word bro. Let bygone by bygone. Cheers!
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by vincixpresso: 9:46am On Oct 17, 2018
A female lecturer accused me of sleeping with a classmate, and that it's not with this hand that i'll pass her course.
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Pesoli: 9:47am On Oct 17, 2018
You are not worthy to be in this department
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by ABSTRUSE: 9:47am On Oct 17, 2018
I remember the day I went to check my results (two 4-unit courses) in a lecturer's office and it turned out that I'd scored D and E in the two courses.
The man said to my face: "You are a weak student. Get out of my office".
Though I later finished with a 2.1, that remark remains indellible in my memory.
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by marvinsync(m): 9:48am On Oct 17, 2018
dennel:
It was a CA, 25marks or thereabout... answered the question rightfully after combining the handout with a good research, answered writing like 4pages in the hall but to score 2... he said I didn't hit points!

Said I shd come c him in his office to see what he can do! I smh for myself bcus the man wud for sure know my matric dt way, which I cud smell wickedness in his blood no matter how much we laughed n had a good conversation...!

I chosed to let go! Later had a C, sme friends jumping to had scored 9, I think the highest was 14...! Some ended up with a 40!

Nigerian universities or school systems are funny places!

We gat to keep moving no matter what sha...! Thumbs up to Nigerians, we're strong guys* nothing breaks us

please which school?
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by obade2015(m): 9:50am On Oct 17, 2018
Hmm mm. One of my lecturer told me that I will never graduate with first class when I was in 100L because I will be a treat to them.

He also said I will never have A in ANY of his courses. He achieved this because I never score A in his courses.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY. I GRADUATED WITH A FIRST CLASS AT LAST.
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by donbenie(m): 9:51am On Oct 17, 2018
My friend you are talking GAS..so said my external Examiner in my Resit Viva Exam,after I flunked his questions for the second time 4 months after my initial fuckup in the Main Exam.. grin
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by ImaIma1(f): 9:53am On Oct 17, 2018
One lecturer called me feeding bottle mouth in class.

Another lecturer asked me to kneel down and raise up my hands up...
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by djoe21(m): 9:54am On Oct 17, 2018
mayim:
I was in 100l, looked so young even though I definitely wasn’t the youngest. The most brilliant lecturer we had at the time, a Dr Mrs. She must have been observing me long ago and hellbent on humiliating me. She started a new topic in class and was asking students to share their ideas on the topic, obviously absent minded, she pointed to me to speak. I told her I had no bright idea, that was it, she snapped, went on all about how young I was, definitely youngest in d class, was I thinking of girlfriends? When I have no business having any at my age, said a whole lot of humiliating stuff. It was meant to motivate me but d approach was totally wrong and embarrassing, in front of over 500 students. It’s those kinda courses about 4 departments write and even students from other faculties. It affected my self esteem for a long time, fought so hard to shake it off. That was over 10 years ago. Graduated very well, my brilliance has never been in doubt and I’m today a practicing and professional accountant. That experience cud have marred me and scarred me all through university but thank God I rose above it. Lecturers shd be careful the things they say to students, they are adults and have feelings too. Just with ur utterances u cud kill a dream, a family’s expectations and investment.

Nice. Very true!
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by oratorOdunayo1(m): 9:58am On Oct 17, 2018
I am sorry �, it is 3:30 pm already for an exam fixed for 12:00pm. Though you have not started this exam on time but I’m very sure you will end it on time.
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by oratorOdunayo1(m): 10:06am On Oct 17, 2018
As a science lecturer, I can only pity students crying on three occasions

1. If the water running from your eyes is cold instead of being warm

2. If I see you crying blood instead of water

3. If the weeping noise is not not sounding at a regular rhythm or frequency
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 17, 2018
Mine was in secondary school, I was in SS2 back then and my parents just got divorced, my biology teacher whom I adored was my refuge, she was my fortress of solitude because I was the best in biology not knowing she was a child molester and sex offender, she used my bereaved and confused state to take advantage to sexually abuse me, I looked up to her as a mom because my mom was never really around, I spent most of my years with my dad even if most of my classmates saw her as a sex bomb, the first time when she tried it, she asked me to wait to help her with some scripts, we were the only two souls in school apart from the gateman, she started touching me in various places, i quickly ran out, and I didn't report because I had no evidence and moreover she was like a best friend to me, the next day, she didn't turn up to school until two days later when she apologized, a month or so, it happened again, did the same touching and running, that was when I reported the incident to our vice-principal who took her side of the story, we didn't speak again and she made life hell for me in school, I couldn't tell my friends because knowing boys, they will probably tell me i'm stupid for not doing it with her and gals would probably blurt out the whole thing, i failed biology that term, the next term, a mother came to report her saying she caught her having sex with her son who was in SS3,unfortunately the boy gave his consent and they are married now, she's expecting her second child with him but this boy has been alienated from his family, she's also the breadwinner while the boy is finishing his degree with me in unilorin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by bigfrancis21: 10:10am On Oct 17, 2018
MyAmericandream:
Because my phone rang in the class, I did not know he doesn't like pple's phone been on during lectures. He told me to leave the class I didn't even apologise sef I just walked out majestically, like what's the big deal about your lecture sef. Little did I know my Swagalicious walk freaked him out.. Few days later i and my friend(course rep) went to drop stuff in his office, but I decided to just stay out, he now echoed awon imi tinrin bi Igbale ni class yin ye O. I knew was talking to me. Naso I kan dey cry�

Translate the Yoruba part to English for those who don't understand Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by bwiizy92(m): 10:34am On Oct 17, 2018
cheesy
AustineCJ:
Just last semester a lecturer asked me to submit during exam while the most painful of it all was that I wasn't caught cheating or anything.... he just felt am done writing n mehn I was so so angry that after the whole exam I confronted him...i pray the grade will be good when out.
u mean they didn't "Caught U" is dat the full story
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Radiant1020(f): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2018
MrMcJay:
Mine wasn't in the University, was in my final year in secondary school.

I wasn't particularly good in mathematics but the maths teacher never stopped insulting and talking me down. One day, I was talking to another teacher in the in the staff room and she told me in front of teachers and everyone that she would see what I would become in life. That statement never left my mind and that was 13 years ago.

Today, I'm a lawyer and just last week, I was invited to
speak to students in that same school in a mentoring session.

As I held the mic to address them, I just shook my head at the irony of life. One of the teachers who was in the staff room that day is the present principal and the little me have become a lawyer mentoring students in that same school.

Hhmmmmmmm
Thank God for your life
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by MichaelBlake40: 11:14am On Oct 17, 2018
rayornb:
I was an average Student, represents my Department and Faculty in Quiz competitions.
Fast forward, we finished our 4 years course, did signing out and was waiting for graduating list. Alas, my name was not on the graduating list. I rushed straight to my level adviser and he was like You failed a 300L course and you didn't register it, so you aren't graduating. shocked
A course I didn't know I failed, tears roll down my cheeks and he was like;
" Why are you crying? Is it not just one year"
If I had a gun that day, maybe I'd have been typing this from prison.
Jesus iz lord cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by Olifiz(m): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2018
It was in 300 level first semester. There’s a course I don’t like so I didn’t attend the class but madd sure I read well n prepared well for the exam which I passed wit distinction but the lecturer decided to give me F cos i had no record of attendance I complained to her that I saw my marked script n I passed it well n that I can’t fail this course n again I can’t add that course to my final year courses cos it’s full no extra unit which means I’ll have automatic extra year. She refused o. I left banging her door behind me n madd sure I passed all my remaining course. I Didn’t bother to write the course again I wrote n completed all my courses only that one I didn’t write so the department had to waive if off. N I graduated just like that
Re: What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? by AstuteAyo(m): 11:27am On Oct 17, 2018
...tearing my script during a test, as he acclaimed I sat too close to the next student on a seat. I was shocked. I have to do extra reading to pass the exam.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Top Universities That Accept 150 Jamb Cut-off Mark, Even You Never Choos / 10 Types Of People You Will Find In JAMB Exam Centres / School Gist/gossip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.