Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,573 members, 7,861,735 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:07 PM

African American Woman Dating Nigerian Man(questions) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / African American Woman Dating Nigerian Man(questions) (436 Views)

American Lady Shuts Down Nigerian Women Advising Her Against Dating Nigerian Men / American Lady Reveals Why She Loves Dating Nigerian Men Over Her Countrymen(vid) / Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African American Woman Dating Nigerian Man(questions) by Dionne005: 7:37am On Oct 17, 2018
OK, so everything is fine but I am a little confused about some things. I realize most is a cultural thing and I can either put up with it or not. For example, I had brought over some food to my Boyfriend house and I saw he had guest over. He didn't tell me anything about having friends over. I start to cook some plantines and his friend was like...."oooh, you're cooking! I can't wait to taste it." I began to think to myself....WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!? Guys I'm not trying to be mean but I had no idea he had guest and that day was not a good day for me to be around folk I don't know. I'm highly introverted too. I tried to tell my boyfriend he needs to tell me things so I can prepare. Is it normal for Nigerian male friends to think they can just consume anyone's food without knowing who they are?

Another time I was doing my BF a favor and picked up one of his friends from the airport. Once we got to our destination, I began to start cooking MYSELF some breakfast. The guy walks up and is like THANK GOD YOU ARE COOKING I'M STARVING! I began thinking to myself....who said i had enough food for you? I was just making a quick bite. But then I told myself....he just got off the plane, be nice and cook for him. Is this a Nigerian male thing?

My next thing is people staying at my BF place. I'm cool with it. But when I was with my boyfriend alone in his bedroom, it was known that I was in there with him. The door was closed. His friend comes busting into his room. I'm like WTF!? Like...we could have been doing ANYTHING. Here, in America, when a man and a woman shut the door, you STAY AWAY! Too old to be locking doors!

LAST THING! My boyfriend kept asking me a while back of I was circumsized. I ignored him the first time he asked Caz it sounded crazy. Then he kept asking. I was like...WTF!? How can you not tell if I am or am not after CLEARLY seeing I am not cut! Then I learned about female genital mutilation. I had to teach him about it and how it is wrong.
Re: African American Woman Dating Nigerian Man(questions) by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 17, 2018
Dionne005:
OK, so everything is fine but I am a little confused about some things. I realize most is a cultural thing and I can either put up with it or not. For example, I had brought over some food to my Boyfriend house and I saw he had guest over. He didn't tell me anything about having friends over. I start to cook some plantines and his friend was like...."oooh, you're cooking! I can't wait to taste it." I began to think to myself....WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!? Guys I'm not trying to be mean but I had no idea he had guest and that day was not a good day for me to be around folk I don't know. I'm highly introverted too. I tried to tell my boyfriend he needs to tell me things so I can prepare. Is it normal for Nigerian male friends to think they can just consume anyone's food without knowing who they are?

Another time I was doing my BF a favor and picked up one of his friends from the airport. Once we got to our destination, I began to start cooking MYSELF some breakfast. The guy walks up and is like THANK GOD YOU ARE COOKING I'M STARVING! I began thinking to myself....who said i had enough food for you? I was just making a quick bite. But then I told myself....he just got off the plane, be nice and cook for him. Is this a Nigerian male thing?

My next thing is people staying at my BF place. I'm cool with it. But when I was with my boyfriend alone in his bedroom, it was known that I was in there with him. The door was closed. His friend comes busting into his room. I'm like WTF!? Like...we could have been doing ANYTHING. Here, in America, when a man and a woman shut the door, you STAY AWAY! Too old to be locking doors!

LAST THING! My boyfriend kept asking me a while back of I was circumsized. I ignored him the first time he asked Caz it sounded crazy. Then he kept asking. I was like...WTF!? How can you not tell if I am or am not after CLEARLY seeing I am not cut! Then I learned about female genital mutilation. I had to teach him about it and how it is wrong.

you should have post it in family section and not here undecided just saying thou. smiley

1 Like

Re: African American Woman Dating Nigerian Man(questions) by Dionne005: 7:45am On Oct 17, 2018
Thanks, just did

(1) (Reply)

How Truck Driver Turns Internet Sensation After Wedding His Beautiful Fiancee / 5 Things A Woman Would Do Only If She Truly Loves You / Let Your Man Cheat In Peace – Nigerian Lady Annie Addresses Women (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.