Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,799 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos (26567 Views)

Miss Biggest Bum Bum 2018 Beauty Pageant In Bayelsa (Photos) / Top 10 Worst Beauty Pageant Winners You Want To See / Precious Nwodo Wins Miss Charming Nigeria Beauty Pageant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by LifestyleTonite: 9:31am On Oct 17, 2018
Recently, I was at a beauty pageant audition in Lagos which saw many good looking girls jostling to make it to the final cut. The girls did their best to impress the judges who really were weeding some of them out not for lack of brains but for lack of 100% beauty. At some point, I got tired because some of the girls whom I thought would get a nod were actually shown the door. They were shown the door simply because their beauty wasn’t as impressive as their brains. Amazingly, those on the reverse case were picked.

Without much Ado, the part that pissed me off the most at the beauty pageant audition was when the judges were asking all the girls if they were feminists. Their questions were designed in such a way that all the girls had to identify with feminism. They first asked them to state how they would empower women when they become a beauty queen. Many of the girls reeled out nice points on how they will ensure women don’t lack anything and are respected in society. Then came the question ”are you a feminist?”.

Some of the girls said they were, but they couldn’t explain what feminism is. Perhaps they just gave the answer to impress the judges so they could move to the next stage of the audition.

Majority of the girls at the beauty pageant audition who gave no as an answered were made to look stupid before the judges. According to the judges, ”how can you not be a feminist when you just spoke of how you will empower women?”. I could see many of them making a U-turn, and all of a sudden they are now feminists. Though it may sound as if they just wanted to impress the judges, the damage is that such girls will go home affiliating with feminism without having a full grasp of its true meaning. I could count close to a hundred and fifty girls at the audition that day, and that was just for Lagos (other regions to follow).

It’s as if there’s a huge campaign for feminism to take hold in Nigeria. Why would they want the innocent young girls to to identify with feminism? Why must a beauty queen’s influence in the society be towards the female gender alone? Are they trying to create biased people? Why can’t a beauty queen’s influence be towards humanity irrespective of gender?

These feminists keep screaming that they are not man-haters and that all they want is equal rights. They want women to enjoy the same privileges as men. Have they ever asked for equal rights in the war against Boko Haram, where out of a hundred soldiers in the battle field, 50 will be women?

If men are to start fighting for the male gender alone, I believe many women will suffer. Nowadays, during rescue missions, all we hear is ”women and children first”. Men don’t complain when such statements are made, as a matter of fact it usually comes from them. Guess who doesn’t complain as well? Feminists. But dare to make a statement like ”Men and children first” and see who will complain. The feminists will complain because they know it’s bad and inhumane to be gender biased, yet that’s what they represent.

https://www.wotzup.ng/2018/10/noticed-beauty-pageant-audition-lagos/

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 17, 2018
Even the contestants that have offered their body to a man in promise of the beauty crown too will be claiming feminist.

Feminist only for mouth. Shior.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by GOFRONT(m): 9:45am On Oct 17, 2018
shocked

After corruption, na hypocrisy be our second wahala

Btw, If a corrupt beauty pageant judge sleeps with ten girls in a bid to help them secure the beauty crown, in the end , which of the girls will he crown??

12 Likes

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by ask4double(m): 10:35am On Oct 17, 2018
PMB and his cohorts are always bragging of his 150 cows for close to a decade, and I ask, are these cows gay? How come they don't exceed 150 in number? Just curious.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by dsauce: 10:35am On Oct 17, 2018
Feminism is just a theoretical ideology that is not possible. Even God did not give men and women equal rights in the two holy books.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by oshe111(m): 10:36am On Oct 17, 2018
Feminism=Sexism in Nigeria

***For the first observation, it is a BEAUTY PAGEANT not a BRAINIE PAGEANT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by BornnAgainChild(f): 10:36am On Oct 17, 2018
You dont meanit
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by DFlyest: 10:36am On Oct 17, 2018
Feminism? All those bitches still gon bow to the Dick!

7 Likes

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Sabadon(m): 10:36am On Oct 17, 2018
I actually wanted to say something bt I forgot, Mk I waka pass jor.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Sirheny007(m): 10:36am On Oct 17, 2018
”how can you not be a feminist when you just spoke of how you will empower women?”.

The judge got this wrong.
feminism is rather ambiguous.
A woman can empower other women without being a feminist.
For the judge to disqualify anyone based on a question purely hypothetical is wrong.
A part of me wants to flog the Judge,
A part of me also wants to flog the contestant who couldn't see the the irrationality in the question.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by daddytime(m): 10:37am On Oct 17, 2018
This calls for a huge worry. We are copying everything under the sun. The good, the bad and the ugly. I then wonder what the hue and cry over lgbt and gay rights is all about. We Africans are so so hypocritical.

I am neither pro or anti feminist/gays but whatever is good for the goose should be good for the gander.

Rubbish people with herd mentality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by gazilion: 10:37am On Oct 17, 2018
The husband is always the Head of the Family.
The Father is the head of the Home.
It's a man's world o anything beside this is
Iberiberism!!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Eberechi24(f): 10:37am On Oct 17, 2018
feminism is not gender war. am a feminist because I believe in equal representatio of both genders, this do not interfere with gender roles.
A man who wants the best for his daughter is a feminist.
Feminist movement come into play when girls are deprived of rights in society. when girls are relegated to kitchen and lack of exposure. When girls are made to believe that they have nothing to offer to society. Feminism is female liberation from inferiority complex
Feminism has nothing to with relationship or gender war. both genders needs each other.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by nani212(m): 10:38am On Oct 17, 2018
Feminism is a word founded by women who want to eat their cake and have it back.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by ComeAndobo: 10:38am On Oct 17, 2018
That is why its a beauty contest not talent hunt

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by helphelp: 10:39am On Oct 17, 2018
Hmmm
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by aguiyi2: 10:39am On Oct 17, 2018
Do you think the judges know what they are looking for?. Most beauty pageant judges dont know what true beauty encompasses.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by BurningBlade: 10:39am On Oct 17, 2018
Try as they may, feminism will never take root in Nigeria. That's a standard truth they can take to the bank any day, any time.

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by maestroferdi: 10:39am On Oct 17, 2018
You went for a beauty contest and not an IQ level contest, oga...
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by ozento: 10:39am On Oct 17, 2018
on point.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by lexy2014: 10:41am On Oct 17, 2018
Eberechi24:
feminism is not gender war. am a feminist because I have in equal representatio of both genders, this do not interfere with gender roles.
A man who wants the best for her daughter is a feminist.
really? what is then?
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 17, 2018
God never created man and woman to be equal.... To me they fighting already won battle. Let feminist go to God to lay their complains not men

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by sarcasticdude(m): 10:42am On Oct 17, 2018
Op this table ur shaking,na hot ororo dey ontop,watch feminist wailers start to comment in 3,2,1....... cheesy
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by jaxxy(m): 10:43am On Oct 17, 2018
Most feminist are largely confused. Trying to live up to an expectation they don’t fully understand the total responsibilities of the concept.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by dsocioemmy(m): 10:44am On Oct 17, 2018
Feminists that are fighting for equality but avoids equal responsibility
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Jaynom(m): 10:45am On Oct 17, 2018
Brb
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by dingbang(m): 10:46am On Oct 17, 2018
total rubbish

please read my signature, thanks

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by admax(m): 10:48am On Oct 17, 2018
Beauty pageants should be the major event feminist should fight against!

Parading semi-nude ladies for viewing pleasure is ridiculous to me! Nonsense!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by einsteine(m): 10:49am On Oct 17, 2018
Nothing wrong in the beauty pageant operators insisting contestants must be feminists. Their house, their rules. I am sure it was stated somewhere in the advert for the competition. Also, nothing wrong in feminists trying to get more women to be feminist. The free market would decide for each of these women whether being a feminist is a good thing. What is good for Chimamanda may not be good for Nkechi. So each person decides what to believe and what to do and at the end of the day, the market would decide if they are right.

5 Likes

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by melanch(m): 10:49am On Oct 17, 2018
Some of these pageants in Nigeria are unarguably poor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Good Body Cream Mixer Urgently Needed. / Dethroned Grace Okoro Adaeze Reacts, Tells Her Side Of The Story! / How To Remove Stretch Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.