Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,144 members, 7,849,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:46 AM

RE: Pastor Giwa On Mrs Akeredolu. My Views - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RE: Pastor Giwa On Mrs Akeredolu. My Views (291 Views)

RE: Pastor Oyedepo ‘banned From Entering The UK. / We Are Happy Bianca Was Able To Instill Discipline On Mrs Obiano - Ohanaeze / El-Rufai: If You Are Offended By My Views About Godfatherism In Lagos... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RE: Pastor Giwa On Mrs Akeredolu. My Views by bolajideadewale: 5:02pm On Oct 19, 2018
I believe in truth no matter who says it and I believe in justice no matter who it is against. I believe that constructive social criticism can be a veritable tool for societal advancement. I believe in education and my education compels me to uphold only valid arguments and not wild assertions.

The First time I read Pastor Adewale Giwa's post on kendogist.com, my mind was quickly drawn to our friend, Pastor King of recent memory who under the guise of religious authority perpetrated several heinous acts that cause ears to tingle even till date. Certain questions and notional misconceptions did not just add up in the Whole post.

The writer claimed to be a Christian, but I wondered why an acclaimed clergyman would so boldly disregard the biblical injunction that what God has joined together, man should not put assunder. Did he not know that marriage was a sacred institution established by God and that no man, as Christians would say, had any right to fan embers of discord among the couple? Was our friend really a pastor at all, I asked myself, or was he just another journalist seeking recognition in the fanciful cloak of an annointed clergyman? Let's assume he was a pastor. Pastor ...... Man of God.

Man of God who calls curses on people and blatantly disregards authority, is that one man of God?

Okay o.

Secondly, I felt disturbed that the narrative was just full of skeletal assertions that lacked any flesh or frame. No evidence was provided to support any of the claims. Our oga, fake pastor, you would agree with me, saw us as children who needed to be spoon-fed. He did not mention even a single name or event to validate his claims.

I hail from the order of papa Fela Kuti. I am a free thinker and a die hard social analyst. I agree with Soyinka that he does in all that keeps quiet in the midst of oppression.

But even Kwame Nkrumah, our father in the faith, would agree with me that revolution is brought about by men who act like men of thought.

Today is one of those days that I am tempted to feel bad for being ranked among social engineers. But activism is a noble course. I only pray that before we make our case, we should have our facts in order. Before you step into the costume of a Pastor, be sure to know the script you're meant to act.

As far as I am concerned, Adewale Giwa is a pseudo name generated by gossip forums to grow website traffic; the Church in question does not exist in any part of Ondo State; the claims made by the post are mere jokes that should be ranked among comic literature; finally, factual activism is the last resort of the common Nigerian not gossip.

(1) (Reply)

What Nigerians Want From Atiku / Already 5 Days And Fayose Still In Efcc’s Custody / Atikulating To Get Nigeria Working For Life : Community Managers Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.