Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) (40928 Views)

Canadians Are Now Stealing Food From Grocery Stores / Russia Ban Entry To 87 Canadians - "We Act Based On The Principle Of Reciprocity / Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:16am On Oct 20, 2018
Hundreds of Canadians have taken to the streets to celebrate the legalization of recreational marijuana following a nearly century-long ban.

Canada officially became the first industrialized nation to legalize the drug on Wednesday following a two-year push by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's government, which hopes to bring dealers out of the black market and into a regulated system.

Cannabis connoisseurs appear to have embraced the new system as massive queues formed outside many of the 111 legal pot shops now open around the country.

Eager consumers were pictured spewing smoke on the sidewalks, using up products almost certainly purchased on the black market as they waited to get their hands on the legal version.

Celebrations are being held across Canada on Wednesday following the legalization of marijuana for recreational use. Cannabis connoisseurs are seen parading through Montreal with a Canadian flag bearing a pot leaf in place of a maple one.

A man fights the frigid weather by dancing on the sidewalk as he waits in line to purchase legal cannabis at a store in Montreal.

Hundreds of cannabis-loving Canadians lined up to get their hands on legal marijuana at over 100 stores across the nation.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6285989/Canada-kicks-muted-pot-party-1st-G7-nation-OK-recreational-cannabis.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:16am On Oct 20, 2018
Man smokes a joint next to a sign marking the end of more than a century of marijuana prohibition in the northern nation.

Dan Thompson (left) and her partner, Nick Frankruyter, share a joint on the day at Trinity Bellwoods Park, in Toronto, Ontario.

Krissy Calkins takes a puff from a patriotic Canadian flag-themed joint at a legalized marijuana event in Toronto

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:16am On Oct 20, 2018
Toronto police launched a public awareness campaign Wednesday to remind people to stop calling authorities to snitch on their neighbors' marijuana use now that its legal. Two snarky tweets from the police force are shown.

Massive queues formed overnight in cities across Canada as marijuana became legal under federal law at midnight.

4 Likes

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:27am On Oct 20, 2018
Canopy Growth CEO Bruce Linton applauds after handing Ian Power and Nikki Rose, who were first in line to purchase the first legal recreational marijuana after midnight, their purchases at the Tweed retail store in St John's.

A man checks out his purchase outside the Quebec Cannabis Society (SQDC) store in Montreal on Wednesday morning

A man smokes from a glass bong as he waits in line to purchase legal cannabis outside a government store in Montreal

A woman and her baby pose for a photo.

1 Like

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:36am On Oct 20, 2018
A customer smiles excitedly as he exits a Natural Vibe store in St John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, on Wednesday.

Stephanie Warkentin, left, and Robert MacNeil, check over their cannabis purchases at the retail store in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada, Wednesday.

Cannabis joints rolled with Canadian themed paper are photographed at the 'Wake and Bake' event in Toronto on Wednesday.

An employee packs purchases into a shopping bag after the first legal recreational marijuana sale after midnight at a Tweed retail store in St John's, Newfoundland and Labrador.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6285989/Canada-kicks-muted-pot-party-1st-G7-nation-OK-recreational-cannabis.html

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:40am On Oct 20, 2018
Some legal pot stores experienced supply shortages because of the high demand.

Cannabis use worldwide, Nigeria ranked 3rd.

5 Likes

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Nobody: 5:51am On Oct 20, 2018
We now know where to go to smoke some legit weed.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by henrinity(m): 6:13am On Oct 20, 2018
The world is going Gaga

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Imustreturn(m): 6:27am On Oct 20, 2018
See oo grin

1 Like

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by johnkey: 6:56am On Oct 20, 2018
but some stupid dumb foolish shallow-minded idiotic no-sense imbecilic slowpoke hypocritical watery-brain Nigerians still thinks 'igbo' is bad and for the irresponsible ones. some even says it makes you run mad Gawd I wish I have a superpower to wipe such motherfuckers from the surface of the Earth to be seen no more.

95 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Ishilove: 7:01am On Oct 20, 2018
And this fvckery is being celebrated? embarassed

The world has gone haywire. It's a cesspit of madness sad

*Shudder*

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Shakushaku1(m): 7:18am On Oct 20, 2018
God bless Canada.. Weed isn't legalized in naija but na we be the third highest smoker in the world, pls who's deceiving who.. I dnt even want us to legalize it sef, cos at the end of the day the cash generated will keep ending up in the pocket of looters..

Fck Gariba

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 20, 2018
Ishilove:
And this fvckery is being celebrated? embarassed

The world has gone haywire. It's a cesspit of madness sad

*Shudder*

Exactly what I've been saying, and people aren't seeing it...the western world is going mad....they just dont know how to draw the line btw wright and wrong..since they eliminate God and introduce introduce these free thinking laws....

The argument was probably if tobacco that kills and is legal and it's clearly written in each pack, why isn't marijuana legal....
We will wake up one day, cocaine will be legal, methamephine will be legal. Men are already ramming rods in each other asss...we will wake up one morning. , beastiality, prostitution will be lagal, pussiess will start having company registration number and tax will be paid
If we humans with higher thinking capacity can't just maintain the faint line between normality and abnormal..we are no different from dirt and shitt.......I see no reason why dirts and shitt shouldn't be thrown into the fire....

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 20, 2018
johnkey:
but some stupid dumb foolish shallow-minded idiotic no-sense imbecilic slowpoke hypocritical watery-brain Nigerians still thinks 'igbo' is bad and for the irresponsible ones. some even says it makes you run mad Gawd I wish I have a superpower to wipe such motherfuckers from the surface of the Earth to be seen no more.

Relax...who is fighting u..
.is tobacco not bad, isn't it legal? It's even written on each pack. Tobacco kills, stop Now!!!
There are so many bad things that are legal..so don't say it's about Nigerians saying weed is bad... There are angles u can't see....
The people rulling this world are few and they are evil. Once they are interested in a matter, no matter how bad it is..they will find a way to legalized it.... Like I said we will wake up one morning..it will be legal to do all the bad things in the world.....the time is coming...

Enjoy....Peace man!!

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Enigmaticprof(m): 7:51am On Oct 20, 2018
This development can't happen in Nigeria in two centuries to come.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Kenekingisback: 7:52am On Oct 20, 2018
Little wonder a lot of Nigerians are trooping to Canada angry

8 Likes

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Bigajeff(m): 7:52am On Oct 20, 2018
Haa ! Canadians have joined bad gang, child of the world on a weed diet

2 Likes

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by atikulated2019: 7:52am On Oct 20, 2018
oya buhariii your turn
Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Ayoswit(f): 7:52am On Oct 20, 2018
Igbo smokers oya make una relocate to base tongue
Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by martineverest(m): 7:53am On Oct 20, 2018
Kenekingisback:
Little wonder a lot of Nigerians are trooping to Canada angry
senseless comment

12 Likes

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by itiswellandwell: 7:53am On Oct 20, 2018
Mheeen
Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 20, 2018
I was at the Felabration yesterday and kept wondering why weed isn't legal yet in this country. The hypocrisy stinks

Weed was created by God, so why do religious people hate it much?

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by OgaGist: 7:53am On Oct 20, 2018
sad
Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Chivasex: 7:54am On Oct 20, 2018
Followers of Bob Marley and the Wailers
Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 20, 2018
A friend of mine there said some of their chocolate have weed grin grin Too many disadvantages than advantages. Imagine breastfeeding with drug in their system.

2 Likes

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by indodon(m): 7:55am On Oct 20, 2018
abeg make dem come do am for naija
Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Gaddafiyusf(m): 7:55am On Oct 20, 2018
johnkey:

Don't bash them. That's perception

1 Like

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Splasshhh(f): 7:55am On Oct 20, 2018
undecided
Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 20, 2018
Wait o!

Na weed carry all this packaging?

And look at the celebrations...

I must say that I'm tempted to taste this weed o!

Only God knows how long I'm gonna resist the temptation

2 Likes

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by faaz24: 7:55am On Oct 20, 2018
Nigeria weed association will be hoping that Sowore wins next year's presidential election

grin grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadians Celebrates Weed Legalization(Photos) by RealZizou(m): 7:56am On Oct 20, 2018
Brb to comment,lemme finish my weed and regal drink

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Putin Grants Russian Citizenship To US Whistleblower Edward Snowden / Trump Says Zuckerberg Told Him He’s Facebook’s ‘Number One’ / Kim Jong-un EXECUTES His Defence Minister By Anti-aircraft Fire - For Dozing Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.