Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Ijebu Igbo: Town Without A King For 16 Yrs. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijebu Igbo: Town Without A King For 16 Yrs. (8788 Views)

"How APC Destroyed Nigeria For 16 Years" / Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical / RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijebu Igbo: Town Without A King For 16 Yrs. by Daddybee: 10:51am On Jul 17, 2010
Ijebu Igbo, arguably the second largest town in Ogun state has been without a king for the past 16 years. The last monarch of the town, Oba Adetayo died in 1994 and since then all efforts to have a new king has been unsuccessful.

Ijebu Igbo is the home town of many illustrous men and women dead and living. People like the late Abraham Adesanya, Micheal Adenuga, Prof. Babatunde Oshotimehin, Sen. Lekan Mustapha, Dr. Ademola Babajide etc. I believe this town would have been more developed than this if there had been a king. The politicians from this town are self centred and do not really care about the development of the town because Gbenga Kaka, the deputy governor under Osoba is from this town. There should be concerted effort towards instally a new king in this town. Perhaps we should seek the assistance of the Awujale and Oba Otudeko whose mothers are from this town. The problem is that most of this town's elites does not show much interest in the development of the town. It was after his mother died that Mike Adenuga deemed it fit to build a personal house in the town and I am not sure he has slept in the building since after the burial. I doff my hat for the elites of Ijebu Ode. May be its because they have a king. We need a paramount ruler in Ijebu Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu Igbo: Town Without A King For 16 Yrs. by PeeDaVinci: 10:55am On Jul 17, 2010
kings are rogues,we dont need another deji, ooni, alaafin, soun, olubadan, ataoja, they are all thiefs
Re: Ijebu Igbo: Town Without A King For 16 Yrs. by Daddybee: 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2010
Freedom to post comments doesnt mean you should throw away your manners.
Re: Ijebu Igbo: Town Without A King For 16 Yrs. by otawa: 6:36pm On Jul 17, 2010
Daddybee:

Ijebu Igbo, arguably the second largest town in Ogun state has been without a king for the past 16 years. The last monarch of the town, Oba Adetayo died in 1994 and since then all efforts to have a new king has been unsuccessful.

Ijebu Igbo is the home town of many illustrous men and women dead and living. People like the late Abraham Adesanya, Micheal Adenuga, Prof. Babatunde Oshotimehin, Sen. Lekan Mustapha, Dr. Ademola Babajide etc. I believe this town would have been more developed than this if there had been a king. The politicians from this town are self centred and do not really care about the development of the town because Gbenga Kaka, the deputy governor under Osoba is from this town. There should be concerted effort towards instally a new king in this town. Perhaps we should seek the assistance of the Awujale and Oba Otudeko whose mothers are from this town. The problem is that most of this town's elites does not show much interest in the development of the town. It was after his mother died that Mike Adenuga deemed it fit to build a personal house in the town and I am not sure he has slept in the building since after the burial. I doff my hat for the elites of Ijebu Ode. May be its because they have a king. We need a paramount ruler in Ijebu Igbo.

there are two sides to a coin, may be this is the people way of saying adieu to Monach System.

That said, I believe the people still respect the our traditional value.

I would have expected Shafau and his Uncle who are both fighting for the throne to put aside their personal wishes and work for the success of the town.

I suspect until either of them die of natural causes, this lockjam would remain.

The problem with King System of Ijebu Igbo reflects at large our values as Nigerians. Personal Goals over National Goals.

Orimolusi a gbe wa oh.
Re: Ijebu Igbo: Town Without A King For 16 Yrs. by lekeodumuyiwa: 4:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
Daddybee: Ijebu Igbo, arguably the second largest town in Ogun state has been without a king for the past 16 years. The last monarch of the town, Oba Adetayo died in 1994 and since then all efforts to have a new king has been unsuccessful.

Re: Ijebu Igbo: Town Without A King For 16 Yrs. by bossyemi(m): 3:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
It is not rily necessary havin a king who may nt luk after d interest of jis kinsmen......dunno y dey dnt hav a king....bt personally as a son of the land and great grandson of OBA adesemowo.....it aint necessary....everyone shld move on wt deir lives
Re: Ijebu Igbo: Town Without A King For 16 Yrs. by masseratti: 4:08pm On Dec 24, 2013
PeeDaVinci: kings are rogues,we dont need another deji, ooni, alaafin, soun, olubadan, ataoja, they are all thiefs
thank you ooo jare,kings are one of the major problems in Yoruba land,how do u think area boys came to be?it evolved from omo oni le,now let me ask u,who gives the omo oni le the silly backing they use to operate?its the Oba or the baale,anytime this people are arrested you will see a chief at the station soliciting for their release.
We don't need Obas anymore we ate in a republic,
If you want Ijebu Igbo to develop form a town union and help each other to be successful,bring 15 to 20 people together contribute money together go to china import a product if you can't produce it in Ijebu Igbo start selling and the lives of your people will improve,that's what the Igbos are doing learn from them.
Am not a subject to any Oba Obi or sultan,we are all born equal.
Re: Ijebu Igbo: Town Without A King For 16 Yrs. by Ikengawo: 4:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
So yorubas have even named their towns after ndi igbo?

(1) (Reply)

No One Is Above The Law Including Patience Jonathan, Says APC / Names Of Newly Appointed NNPC Mds For Those Shouting One Nigeria / Uwazuruike Attacks APGA For Denying Bianca Senatorial Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.