Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,770 members, 7,841,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Motivation For Sim Card Registeration: Compensatory Or Punitive - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Motivation For Sim Card Registeration: Compensatory Or Punitive (1033 Views)

“1million Lines Disconnected In SIM Card Revalidation Exercise” – NCC / 58-year-old Wins N1m In Glo Promo, Weeps, Smashes Sim Card Of Another Network / Mtn Sim Registeration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motivation For Sim Card Registeration: Compensatory Or Punitive by trekkie: 6:11pm On Jul 17, 2010
guys please give me your opinions cos i want to undertake a purely personal project and i want your opinions on this. the new directive by the fed. govt on sim card registeration just got tougher. now nbc has six months to deliver. but how do we get reluctant nigerians to do this? should the motivation be punitive that is without your registeration you cannot get other things or should it be monetary compensation i.e. if you register, you'll get x amount of naira. which would work on nigerians as a people sugar or vinegar to get the desired result. and what type of punishment if you are for punitive and what type of compensation if you are for that one. and do you think it can work at all?
Re: Motivation For Sim Card Registeration: Compensatory Or Punitive by mufasa(m): 9:08am On Jul 18, 2010
Me thinks the networks.should be allowed time to this. And it can simply be achieved by giving freebies. When I registered with my operator here they were giving me €10 every month, 600 free webtexts monthly, free email , free Twitter and Facebook (no data charges when you get on those sites via mobile). If awoof like that is in Nigeria every body will register sharpaly.
Re: Motivation For Sim Card Registeration: Compensatory Or Punitive by trekkie: 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2010
thanks mufasa i love your comment. it is really helpful to me
Re: Motivation For Sim Card Registeration: Compensatory Or Punitive by semid4lyfe(m): 10:10am On Jul 19, 2010
N5000 free credit will be enough motivation for me to register my line grin grin
Re: Motivation For Sim Card Registeration: Compensatory Or Punitive by lynxnoon(m): 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2010
i aint giving NOBODY my data n fingerprint. . . . only for 1 greedy mtn staff to sell d info out to dem foreign cronies!! angry grin
Re: Motivation For Sim Card Registeration: Compensatory Or Punitive by aieromon(m): 8:17pm On Jul 19, 2010
Hmm,time will tell
Re: Motivation For Sim Card Registeration: Compensatory Or Punitive by puskin: 10:13pm On Jul 19, 2010
. . . . . .mMm??. . . 1GB download per month freebie in browsing is enuff motivation for me
Re: Motivation For Sim Card Registeration: Compensatory Or Punitive by lynxnoon(m): 10:35pm On Jul 19, 2010
puskin:

. . . . . .mMm??. . . 1GB download per month freebie in browsing is enuff motivation for me
hmmm. . . . and u think those thieves will give u that? undecided
Re: Motivation For Sim Card Registeration: Compensatory Or Punitive by aieromon(m): 12:49am On Jul 20, 2010
puskin:

semid4lyfe:

N5000 free credit will be enough motivation for me to register my line grin grin

See the Ginga the Swagga!!!
Re: Motivation For Sim Card Registeration: Compensatory Or Punitive by Kaybaba5(m): 3:46pm On Jul 20, 2010
ok oh, what about those people living in a remote area how can they register without any kind of motivation, i suggest they should be given the people that come for registration n1000, recharge cards
Re: Motivation For Sim Card Registeration: Compensatory Or Punitive by semid4lyfe(m): 6:05pm On Jul 20, 2010
puskin:

Lol. . .your mouth like 1GB download limit. knowing you, that one be se u go dey do night vigil everyday. grin grin
Re: Motivation For Sim Card Registeration: Compensatory Or Punitive by malikalhaj: 6:13pm On Jul 20, 2010
puskin:

no be only u
Re: Motivation For Sim Card Registeration: Compensatory Or Punitive by trekkie: 3:27am On Aug 07, 2010
thanks guys for your comments. i listened to one senator salako who is the chairman of the committee in charge of this process and he said on TV that the gsm providers have been told that registration of lawmakers's sim cards is a no go area? what do you think of this. btw everyone is more im support of motivation rather than punishment and that point about rural dwellers is valid.
Re: Motivation For Sim Card Registeration: Compensatory Or Punitive by 4BUB4K4R: 9:37am On Aug 09, 2010
the whole process is futile. we dont need registration, and even if we did, the they are using will make the whole exercise a failure.
Re: Motivation For Sim Card Registeration: Compensatory Or Punitive by WackyJ1(m): 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2010
Hmmm lawmakers, i think the chief criminals do not want to be registered.
Greedy networks cannot afford to give those kind of freebies mentioned to subscribers. They rather go for punitive measures.
Re: Motivation For Sim Card Registeration: Compensatory Or Punitive by trekkie: 12:44am On Nov 17, 2010
thanks for all your contributions guys. i think the whole hoop la has even died down because all the fire and brimstone they were promising has not happened yet, here is keeping our fingers crossed. why do we have such a bad record keeping culture in nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Glo Service Survey / Samsung Galaxy S4 Rated The Best Of All Smartphones 2013 / Mtn Shares Out Freebies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.