Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,949 members, 7,852,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:49 PM

FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 (10860 Views)

2,400 Foreigners Caught Applying For Passports – Tunji-ojo / PayVIS: New Lagos State platform to use traffic cameras to fine traffic offender / This Fine Picture Of PMB & Wife Go Pain Them - Joe Igbokwe Mocks Buhari 'Haters' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by Horus(m): 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpJoZ2L8V1g

Nigerian Immigration Service arrests 25 suspected illegal Chinese nationals in Lagos
Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by artofseduction: 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2018
Nigeriens nom
People from Niger and chad who posses PVC more than the Nigerians.
Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by legibow: 2:31pm On Oct 27, 2018
Blue3k:

Source: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/10/27/fg-to-fine-overstaying-foreigners-4000/?amp

how will u know them... This country that don't keep record
Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by 360command: 2:54pm On Oct 27, 2018
I understand FG when they say ECOWAS country are exempted to pay because Nigeria is the only ECOWAS country that applies the ECOWAS laws where citizens of a different member of state are allowed to reside freely in another member of state. However, the govt needs to set a rule on ECOWAS countries staying in Nigeria more than 90 days, saying that they should apply for a resident permit in other for them to capture data of ECOWAS national living in Nigeria. Also, this can help to combat crimes from other ECOWAS national plotting their act in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by Righteousness89(m): 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2018
toprealman:
only if you know how much these expatriates make bro, you will calm yourself down.
My brother, many of them are here because Nigeria is a form of Dumping ground for anything... they believe once u hv ur money in Nigeria, anything can be dumped !
Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by Ejjis(m): 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2018
send buhari home....

Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by King44(m): 3:40pm On Oct 27, 2018
what about ECOWAS visitors who over stayed their visit?? is coming from ECOWAS country an eternal pass??, what about foreigners who are on visit but working in the country?? what needs to be done has to be done right and moreover, despite the fact that revenue could be generated through this policy it should be seen beyond that and enforced strictly n properly
Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by akigbemaru: 3:47pm On Oct 27, 2018
fuckupnation:
Nonsense, an immigration Job has been given to private company what kind of nation do we run? Ecowas visitors are not among, Ecowas allow members from other country to stay 90 days and after 90 days you either renew your stay or pay over stay fine. Ghana apply the rule and that's reason many Nigerian pay for over stay in Ghana. why is it that Nigerian immigration along Badagry express force Nigerian moving from border to lagos to provide Nigerian passport or pay fine. i have never seen country demanding to see citizen passport inside the citizen nation only Nigeria do this.
Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by akigbemaru: 3:51pm On Oct 27, 2018
blimeyVic:
Lol.

This gives all of us (Nigerians) more reasons to love what we have.

When we obey the rule of law and better our society, we certainly would have a place we all can chill without any immigration police asking crazy questions.

#God bless Nigeria forever.
Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by akigbemaru: 3:52pm On Oct 27, 2018
360command:
I understand FG when they say ECOWAS country are exempted to pay because Nigeria is the only ECOWAS country that applies the ECOWAS laws where citizens of a different member of state are allowed to reside freely in another member of state. However, the govt needs to set a rule on ECOWAS countries staying in Nigeria more than 90 days, saying that they should apply for a resident permit in other for them to capture data of ECOWAS national living in Nigeria. Also, this can help to combat crimes from other ECOWAS national plotting their act in Nigeria.
Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by toprealman: 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2018
Righteousness89:
My brother, many of them are here because Nigeria is a form of Dumping ground for anything... they believe once u hv ur money in Nigeria, anything can be dumped !
last last chief, those guys are making good money!
Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by oblaak(m): 8:41pm On Oct 27, 2018
Blue3k:

Yeah this policy make sense but you would think they would add ECOWAS foreiners to list considering they break rule most. Asian foreigners particularly Chinese nationals overstay visas and are in crimes such as illegal mining.
Bro please how do I quote 2 or more posts at the same time in this nairaland?
Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by oblaak(m): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2018
enemyofprogress:
In that case my Indian girl friend must go be that

Send her to me.. I'll house her
Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by ayobaye(m): 8:46pm On Oct 27, 2018
Yeyenatu. So people collect Nigerian Visa, to do what?
Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by ashbee1: 9:27pm On Oct 27, 2018
Start with the Fulanis that enters this country through our open borders and constituting pains to the original citizens please
Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by Blue3k(m): 10:29pm On Oct 27, 2018
oblaak:

Bro please how do I quote 2 or more posts at the same time in this nairaland?

Just do it twice.

first

[quote][/quote]
Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by chidi2pus(m): 6:38am On Oct 28, 2018
fuckupnation:
Nonsense, an immigration Job has been given to private company what kind of nation do we run? Ecowas visitors are not among, Ecowas allow members from other country to stay 90 days and after 90 days you either renew your stay or pay over stay fine. Ghana apply the rule and that's reason many Nigerian pay for over stay in Ghana. why is it that Nigerian immigration along Badagry express force Nigerian moving from border to lagos to provide Nigerian passport or pay fine. i have never seen country demanding to see citizen passport inside the citizen nation only Nigeria do this.

If you've traveled far, you'll know better
In developed countries, even as a citizen, you're required to be with your passport. Even to enter club or buy car or house or even cigarettes, you must show your passport.
Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by usebog: 7:59am On Oct 28, 2018
good one from the fg

why will they think they can overstay in Nigeria while it is war when the table turn around
Re: FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 by enemyofprogress: 2:20pm On Oct 28, 2018
oblaak:

Send her to me.. I'll house her
your prick is not big enough for her borehole

(1) (2) (Reply)

Insecurity: United, Banditry-Free Nigeria Possible – Tinubu Tells Youths / We Do Not Have The Intention To Increase Our PMS Pump Prices - NNPC / Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.