Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola (10847 Views)

PHOTOS: Embattled Bukola Saraki dances his sorrows away in Ilorin / Desmond Elliot, Others To Probe Fashola’s 2015 Budget / Ambode Must Probe Fashola Now – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
Faced With Jail Term, Lagos Speaker Ikuforiji Orders Assembly Committees To Begin Probe Of Fashola…Accuses Gov Of Not Paying His Legal Fee

[img]http://ireports-ng.com/wp-content/themes/goodnews47/framework/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://ireports-ng.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Ikuforiji-Lagos-speaker.jpeg&h=275&w=599&zc=1[/img]

With the collapse of his scheme to use Justice Okechukwu Okeke of the Federal High Court, Lagos to quash the money laundering charges filed against him by the EFCC, embattled Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Adeyemi Sabitun Ikuforiji returned from the court room today to the Alausa, Ikeja Assembly complex spitting fire and brimstone, with a threat to expose Governor Babatunde Fashola who he accused of being the mastermind of the criminal charges against him.

Four members of the Assembly who spoke to iReports-ng.com on the development today said the Speaker returned from the court disillusioned with anger all over his face. At the continuation of Ikuforiji’s trial today, the presiding judge, Justice Okeke, gave a brief, impromptu ruling, alleging “blackmail”. According to the judge: “This case has witnessed an unprecedented delay by the prosecution and tactics set by persons to blackmail this court. In the interest of justice, I’ll transfer the case to another judge and hearing notices will be issued at a later date. This matter is hereby adjourned sine dine.”

The EFCC had dragged the Speaker and his aide Oyebode Alade Atoyebi before the court over the allegation of accepting over N500million from the Assembly without passing through a financial institution. iReports-ng.com had in previous reports exposed the bribery scheme between Ikuforiji and Okeke who is retiring from the bench next month. The judge had through a proxy called iReports-ng.com to deny he ever collected bribe from the speaker.

The whole scheme however fell flat today when Okeke opted out of the case without being able to fulfil his initial commitment to Ikuforiji to quash the case. With this frustration, the speaker stormed the Assembly complex this afternoon and called all the standing committee chairmen to begin looking for evidences of corruption in ministries they oversee with a view to getting”some scoops to embarrass the governor.”

According to one of the lawmakers who spoke to iReports-ng.com, “the speaker complained bitterly that the governor is the one behind his ordeal by paying the media and the EFCC to be on his case. He complained that the governor has not deemed it fit to pay his legal fees since the criminal charges against him began. The speaker also said he will not go down alone because he is only being accused of stealing N500 million when the governor is stealing in billions. After raising all the dust, he went ahead to ask the committee chairmen to join him in the fight against Fashola by digging out dirts from the various ministries.”

http://ireports-ng.com/2013/04/24/faced-with-jail-term-lagos-speaker-ikuforiji-orders-assembly-committees-to-begin-probe-of-fashola-accuses-gov-of-not-paying-his-legal-fee/
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 24, 2013
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by tomakint: 12:16am On Apr 25, 2013
I hope Elder Gbawe and other ACN e-thugs are reading this undecided

8 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Nobody: 1:36am On Apr 25, 2013
Hahahahaaha, The Bubble is about to Burst. I am watching in 3D! Fashola is about to get dirty! Someone is about to hurt the well-articulated superficial reputation built by Fashola over the years.

2 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by gunuvi(m): 2:52am On Apr 25, 2013
This one go be season film. Make I take front seat.

1 Like

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by ekoilee: 3:04am On Apr 25, 2013
This crap is not only comical, it's internet pollution.

No time for gossip tabloids today... moving on.

1 Like

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Nobody: 3:56am On Apr 25, 2013
His pic scared me away ..jeez .someone to wake me up..
What a nightmare
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Nobody: 4:15am On Apr 25, 2013

Useless crap
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by kasiem(m): 4:18am On Apr 25, 2013
What a baseless story?
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by free2ryhme: 5:21am On Apr 25, 2013
we are waiting to see how dis ends
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by MrGlobe(m): 5:41am On Apr 25, 2013
kasiem: What a baseless story?
how is it baseless? because its not PdP? fvcking hypocritics. Who doesn't know Lagos speaker, ACN, Tinubu and fashola are uber corrupt

16 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by vizboy(m): 5:43am On Apr 25, 2013
Cross leg, sit down well. Hmmmm these movie will be very interested

1 Like

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 25, 2013
grin grin....really comical, well I don't expect the PDP goons here to think twice before dancing *azonto* as usual over such report
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by harmless011: 7:06am On Apr 25, 2013
Hmmmm odikwa risky
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Gbawe: 7:21am On Apr 25, 2013
Garbage reportage. So much functional illiteracy on Nairaland. No wonder Nigeria is not developing. So Fashola can buy the FG-controlled EFCC? Comical

“the speaker complained bitterly that the governor is the one behind his ordeal by paying the media and the EFCC to be on his case.

1 Like

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by slimghost(m): 7:31am On Apr 25, 2013
ilugunboy: grin grin....really comical, well I don't expect the PDP goons here to think twice before dancing *azonto* as usual over such report

Ogbeni what's so comical aboutt it? We've always known Kuforiji, Fashola and Tinubu to be highly corrupt! So ogbeni, kini big dea?

2 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by MrGlobe(m): 7:35am On Apr 25, 2013
Gbawe: Garbage reportage. So much functional illiteracy on Nairaland. No wonder Nigeria is not developing. So Fashola can buy the FG-controlled EFCC? Comical

You are the garbage brained person here. Why can't Fashola buy the 'FG-controlled EFCC' against an ACN member? what does it take? Wasn't he the one unleashing the FG controlled military on Lagosians and the Okada riders?

18 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by kutchs: 7:52am On Apr 25, 2013
ACN‘s supporters are so hypocrital you could see it written all over their posts. Some say the news is not only comical but internet pollution, some say it‘s baseless and yet others describe it as crap.
The question is why? And the answer is because it is ACN and not PDP.
Don‘t worry guys, those thiefs will all go down.

9 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Gbawe: 7:56am On Apr 25, 2013
Mr. Globe:

You are the garbage brained person here. Why can't Fashola buy the 'FG-controlled EFCC' against an ACN member? what does it take? Wasn't he the one unleashing the FG controlled military on Lagosians and the Okada riders?

Mumu of the highest order. Do you now see how toxic partisanship and myopic hatred has clouded your reasoning to the extent you sound like a drunken fool? So you are now admitting to the world that Nigeria's premier anti-corruption agency, under GEJ, is available to be bought and compromised by any politician seeking to settle a score? Next minute you will be on other threads foaming at the mouth and defending GEJ when the USA states that corruption is monumental under his leadership. Emotional dumb azzes like you will always trip on their own shoelaces.

4 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by phantom(m): 8:00am On Apr 25, 2013
kutchs: ACN‘s supporters are so hypocrital you could see it written all over their posts. Some say the news is not only comical but internet pollution, some say it‘s baseless and yet others describe it as crap.
...and these are the people offering themselves to us as a credible alternative...lol.

4 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by gramci: 8:02am On Apr 25, 2013
Mr. Globe:

Ignore the bigot

3 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by MrGlobe(m): 8:06am On Apr 25, 2013
Gbawe:

Mumu of the highest order. Do you now see how toxic partisanship and myopic hatred has clouded your reasoning to the extent you sound like a drunken fool? So you are now admitting to the world that Nigeria's premier anti-corruption agency, under GEJ, is available to be bought and compromised by any politician seeking to settle a score? Next minute you will be on other threads foaming at the mouth and defending GEJ when the USA states that corruption is monumental under his leadership. Emotional dumb azzes like you will always trip on their own shoelaces.
You are officially the Joker of the century. Who doesn't know the EFCC is a political tool and did it start with GEJ? Your selective amnesia has quickly forgotten the antecedents of EFCC with obasanjo your kinsman and late yaradua. You are a joker.

12 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by MrGlobe(m): 8:10am On Apr 25, 2013
gramci:

Ignore the bigot
I will henceforth. I just pity he has to do a difficult job with trying to wash those ACN rascals dirt in public.

1 Like

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by vizboy(m): 8:11am On Apr 25, 2013
phantom: ...and these are the people offering themselves to us as a credible alternative...lol.
my brother na today you know

ACN=APC=CPC=ANPP=PDP=THiEFS

5 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Ejine(m): 8:14am On Apr 25, 2013
And if I'm correct, this speaker is from the political utopia known as APC, yes?

6 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Gbawe: 8:17am On Apr 25, 2013
Mr. Globe:

You are officially the Joker of the century. Who doesn't know the EFCC is a political tool and did it start with GEJ? Your selective amnesia has quickly forgotten the antecedents of EFCC with obasanjo your kinsman and late yaradua. You are a joker.

M0r0n. What is common with OBJ, Yar Adua and GEJ?

1 Like

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Gbawe: 8:21am On Apr 25, 2013
kutchs: ACN‘s supporters are so hypocrital you could see it written all over their posts. Some say the news is not only comical but internet pollution, some say it‘s baseless and yet others describe it as crap.

Making everything an ACN V PDP thing is rather tedious. A report is saying an opposition Governor has paid off of a key anti-corruption agency of Government to harass another Politician and we are supposed to be taking that tale seriously?

So FG-controlled EFCC is now available to all politicians, for a fee, to be used to settle scores?
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Gbawe: 8:24am On Apr 25, 2013
gramci:

Ignore the bigot

Everyone not from your ethnic group is a "bigot" to indoctrinated clowns and clannish herded Sheep like you. Look in the mirror to see a grade one bigot.
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by MrGlobe(m): 8:28am On Apr 25, 2013
Gbawe:

Making everything an ACN V PDP thing is rather tedious. A report is saying an opposition Governor has paid off of a key anti-corruption agency of Government to harass another Politician and we are supposed to be taking that tale seriously?

So FG-controlled EFCC is now available to all politicians, for a fee, to be used to settle scores?
why are you basing your argument on the allegations of the speaker which is yet to be confirmed. What we can confirm here is that the speaker was indicted for corruption, the speaker disclosed he could confirm Fashola and Tinubu are corrupt too but they are witch hunting him. why not address these facts you jobless sycophant. Really sucks to be you.

9 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by MrGlobe(m): 8:31am On Apr 25, 2013
Gbawe:

Everyone not from your ethnic group is a "bigot" to indoctrinated clowns and clannish herded Sheep like you. Look in the mirror to see a grade one bigot.
coming from the notorious bigot who always pleads with us not to take about issues in the south west since we are not Yoruba. You disgust the hell out of me.

5 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Gbawe: 8:34am On Apr 25, 2013
Mr. Globe:

why are you basing your argument on the allegations of the speaker which is yet to be confirmed. What we can confirm here is that the speaker was indicted for corruption, the speaker disclosed he could confirm Fashola and Tinubu are corrupt too but they are witch hunting him. why not address these facts you jobless sycophant. Really sucks to be you.

I thought you said you would ignore me henceforth? You cannot even keep to a pledge you made publicly a few minutes ago to your co-traveller in hate. What does this expose about you if not that you lack principles and conviction? Dude, get lost and keep to the pledge you made here and elsewhere. Remember you are the one going around quoting what I write not the other way round.
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Gbawe: 8:41am On Apr 25, 2013
Mr. Globe:

coming from the notorious bigot who always pleads with us not to take about issues in the south west since we are not Yoruba. You disgust the hell out of me.

Mumu, I simply tell fools like you to respect others. You do not "talk/discuss" about SW. You are lying. You simply, on every single ocassion, malign and lie obsessively against leaders who enjoy the support and mandate of their own people. Your sort call SW Cities "dirty, stinking holes" and you say you are "talking/discussing".

A SW Governor delivers a project. Unprovoked, fools like you will always be first to arrive to castigate stakeholders to be arguing vacuously that "Akpabio/Chime have delivered better". How is that "discussing" and how can any decent, proud South Westerner welcome your jaundiced and hateful input? If I comment similarly on every SE post would you not have told me to mind my business also since I can only be negative, insulting and scathing on every single topic to do with the SE?

If Ajimobi build a bridge Oyo folks are happy with, you and yours will be the only ones there raining on the parade of others and dancing around like Monkeys with your lies, pessimism and bad belle. That is not "discussing" my friend because a discussion implies balance, neutrality, amiability and honesty. Those are things your kind do not bring to issues concerning the South West so I will repeat it that undoubted haters of the South West like you should mind their own business. Find something else to obsess about because only 'Omo ale' Yorubas will not tell you to mind your own affairs when you toxic hatred of anything SW is so palpable.

[size=14pt]Get it into your head once and for all that I tell you and your kind to get lost same as a proud black man will tell a white supremacist, who can never say anything good about a black person, to shut up and peddle his hateful garbage elsewhere. Show were I have ever told decent and balanced non-Yorubas like the OP, PhysicsQED, Eziachi et al to "mind their own business".[/size]

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari might not Win The Just Concluded Elections - Unbiased Analysis / Top 10 Most Beautiful Presidential Palaces In Africa / Pics. Shocking. Nnamdi Kanu's Company Is Worth £844

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.