Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,066 members, 7,828,778 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign (1043 Views)

Anthony Sani: Igbo Confusing 2023 Presidency With Restructuring / Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? / 2019: Buhari, Atiku Playing Politics With Restructuring – Senator Umeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by helinues: 6:58am On Oct 28, 2018
Let face reality, restructuring can never happen in Nigeria. It is not possible.

Out of the 36 states, state with buoyant natural resources are not up to 10. Even with restructuring can some states manage their resources? Cos I am still wondering how Bayelsa state with less than 2 million people is owing salary.

70% of state governors, house of reps and senators will vote against it. Even Adamawa people will reject restructuring( What resources do they have to manage?).

I think it is time for we Nigerians to stop wasting our energy on who becomes the president( Who presidency epp apart from their cronies). We should rather channel the energy to vote for a credible representatives from Local government chairman to councillor , state assembly , rep and senate.

President don't have feelings of what is happening in my area but my local chairman, state rep and senate do feel( even if they don't stay around but they do come around). It is time to hold our representatives accountable.

Any difference btw Buhari and Atiku? They are both Fulani, 70+ years, both has/had access to power but do little if not nothing . Also they are both tribal bigot.

Can someone explain the function of local governments in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by BornnAgainChild(f): 7:00am On Oct 28, 2018
ok
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by helinues: 7:01am On Oct 28, 2018
BornnAgainChild:
ok

Though shall not bookspace.. grin

Your opinion is also needed.

Happy Sunday to you.
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by BrokenTV: 7:08am On Oct 28, 2018
Restructuring or no restructuring, Buhari must go before him plunge us into more hardship.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 28, 2018
helinues:

Let face reality, restructuring can never happen in Nigeria. It is not possible.

Out of the 36 states, state with buoyant natural resources are not up to 10. Even with restructuring can some states manage their resources? Cos I am still wondering how Bayelsa state with less than 2 million people is owing salary.

70% of state governors, house of reps and senators will vote against it. Even Adamawa people will reject restructuring( What resources do they have to manage?).

I think it is time for we Nigerians to stop wasting our energy on who becomes the president( Who presidency epp apart from their cronies). We should rather channel the energy to vote for a credible representatives from Local government chairman to councillor , state assembly , rep and senate.

President don't have feelings of what is happening in my area but my local chairman, state rep and senate do feel( even if they don't stay around but they do come around). It is time to hold our representatives accountable.

Any difference btw Buhari and Atiku? They are both Fulani, 70+ years, both has/had access to power but do little if not nothing . Also they are both tribal bigot.

Can someone explain the function of local governments in Nigeria?

In summary all buharists don't want restructuring, we understand it and respect their views but sorry bro......We've already Atikulated Obi-diently.....

Restructuring is only possible when we all Atikulate.....

Join the clique.
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by Joevics(m): 7:29am On Oct 28, 2018
You don't understand what restructuring is all about. Atiku signed papers with the Ndigbo. Akenifere, middle belt leaders et al. He know how he will restructure the country.
so stop masturbating over someone elses issue like Osibanjo and Fashola.

Focus on selling your candidate.
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by mercenary: 7:30am On Oct 28, 2018
The present system makes the other states economically lazy... You made mention of Bayelsa state I'll come for you, Bayelsa houses the 1st oil well in Nigeria and several oil installation but nothing to show for it, the federal govt keep milking the state of her God given resources only to share it with other states like a national cake, come to Bayelsa and see the terrain... The amount it takes to build a kilometre of road here is enough to build 50km in the north.

The governor has to manage a meagre 10billion as monthly allocation which is not even enough to pay salaries and still embark on meaningful project.... Ladies and gents we need to restructure this sh!t hole

1 Like

Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by helinues: 7:34am On Oct 28, 2018
thunderfirebuha:

In summary all buharists don't want restructuring, we understand it and respect their views but sorry bro......We've already Atikulated Obi-diently.....

Restructuring is only possible when we all Atikulate.....

Join the clique.

Jesus said , Opari ( It is over). So with the explanation above, you still do not understand how restructure works. So Na Atiku go give you.Like I said Opari

So you want me to Ku silently? #AtikuSillently Ko jo

Btw, if Nigerians like let them vote a goat, in Simi voice ' I dun care'.

I don't even have a PVC not to talk of vote.
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by madridguy(m): 7:41am On Oct 28, 2018
Buhari must go so the people that raped Nigeria for 16 years should come back and finish us? I'm sure you don't have Nigeria interest at heart.

BrokenTV:
Restructuring or no restructuring, Buhari must go before him plunge us into more hardship.
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by madridguy(m): 7:43am On Oct 28, 2018
I'm sure you have little knowledge of what you're saying.

mercenary:
The present system makes the other states economically lazy... You made mention of Bayelsa state I'll come for you, Bayelsa houses the 1st oil well in Nigeria and several oil installation but nothing to show for it, the federal govt keep milking the state of her God given resources only to share it with other states like a national cake, come to Bayelsa and see the terrain... The amount it takes to build a kilometre of road here is enough to build 50km in the north.

The governor has to manage a meagre 10billion as monthly allocation which is not even enough to pay salaries and still embark on meaningful project.... Ladies and gents we need to restructure this sh!t hole

Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by helinues: 7:44am On Oct 28, 2018
Joevics:
You don't understand what restructuring is all about. Atiku signed papers with the Ndigbo. Akenifere, middle belt leaders et al. He know how he will restructure the country.

Why would I sell a product that is not profitable to me? I do not care about who becomes Nigeria president but I need to enlighten folks like you why restructuring will never work. If Atiku like let him sign document with Trump and Putin, restructuring is DOA.

Be honest with your self. Atiku is from Adamawa state right? What natural resources does Adamawa state have to manage ? Should Atiku becomes the president, would his state governor, senate, reps and state assembly support restructuring?
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by Jax1: 7:49am On Oct 28, 2018
Restructuring in a nutshell is creating a capacity to managing yourself. It's all about political and economic creativity to develop urself, manage your meager resources and achieve maximum output independently.

Meanwhile some persons are saying they don't understand what is restructuring . grin

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by mercenary: 7:55am On Oct 28, 2018
madridguy:
I'm sure you have little knowledge of what you're saying.

What is wrong with this one? If you need schooling I'll help your ignorance
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by helinues: 7:55am On Oct 28, 2018
mercenary:

Stop blaming the FG. So you call 10billion naira meagre allocation. So if you were to be in possession of 10billion monthly, would bayelsa still look same?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by helinues: 7:57am On Oct 28, 2018
Jax1:
Restructuring in a nutshell is creating a capacity to managing yourself. It's all about political and economic creativity to develop urself, manage your meager resources and achieve maximum output independently.

Meanwhile some persons are saying they don't understand what is restructuring . grin

Thanks for the lay man language.
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by Joevics(m): 7:57am On Oct 28, 2018
helinues:

Why would I sell a product that is not profitable to me? I do not care about who becomes Nigeria president but I need to enlighten folks like you why restructuring will never work. If Atiku like let him sign document with Trump and Putin, restructuring is DOA.

Be honest with your self. Atiku is from Adamawa state right? What natural resources does Adamawa state have to manage ? Should Atiku becomes the president, would his state governor, senate, reps and state assembly support restructuring?

Well, here you go again generalizing. The fact that Atiku is a northerner doesn't mean he won't restructure.
Leave the issue of reps and senate for that time.
When the people are in support of a bill, no senator dares refuse it. Not in this digital age.

There are various view about restructuring, if Atiku can implement some of it. Not necessarily resource control. That would be a first first step.
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by DLondonboiy: 7:58am On Oct 28, 2018
You can call Buhari a tribal bigot, but calling Atiku a tribal bigot is hypocrisy...
Atiku is a billion times better than Buhari...
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by madridguy(m): 7:59am On Oct 28, 2018
Help yourself first and come back to modify your post.

mercenary:
What is wrong with this one? If you need schooling I'll help your ignorance
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by Greatihex(m): 7:59am On Oct 28, 2018
My heart is full of pain, Eziokwu i can't hold the tears as i put down the
current condition of my bosom friend Egbujor Daniel Ndubisi.
He is a
single young man of 26 years from Umuchoko Obiangwu in Ngor Okpala Local
Government of Imo State, Nigeria. ( just close to Sam mbakwe airport, Imo
state airport).
He recently graduated from Federal Polytechenic Nekede Owerri, department of mechanical Engineering in 2017.
Today Egbujor Daniel Ndubisi (fondly called Bisi by friends around Eziobodo community where he resident with his family) is currently on sick bed. He was diagnosed of Bone marrow cancer (Leukemia), so far Ndubisi has taken 8 pints of blood just to sustain him before the commencement of proper treatment.. According to his health report the physician said if proper
treatment is not commenced before the end of next month been Nov 2018,
his health condition may escalate beyond medical control.
I want to use
this medium to appeal for help from friends, well wishers and any heart touched by Bisi's situation to please come to his aid. Anything from your heart will be appreciated and your prayers too can cause God to visit him.
According to the doctor the estimated cost of treating such health issue in Nigeria is not less than 2.5 millon Naira which is equivelant to 7000 dollars. Any amount you can afford to support him with is a big amount.
Thank you and God bless you and reward you as you offer for charity.
Ukachukwu Henry
Ndukauba .
+22897494339
Egbujor Micheal (Bisi's elder brother)
+2347039792133
PLEASE YOU CAN MAKE YOUR DONATION TO ANY OF THESE ACCOUNTS (no amount is small).
AC/NO 0113372822 NAME: EGBUJOR DANIEL. N. BANK: GTB
AC/NO 0028459504 NAME: UKACHUKWU HENRY BANK: DIAMOND BANK...
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by helinues: 8:01am On Oct 28, 2018
Joevics:

Well, here you go again generalizing. The fact that Atiku is a northerner doesn't mean he won't restructure.
Leave the issue of reps and senate for that time.
When the people are in support of a bill, no senator dares refuse it. Not in this digital age.

There are various view about restructuring, if Atiku can implement some of it. Not necessarily resource control. That would be a first first step.

Can you please explain/enlighten how Atiku will restructure Nigeria if he wins. Who knows I may be the ignorant here.

Patiently waiting
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by eph12(m): 8:05am On Oct 28, 2018
helinues:

Why do we have to believe that a country or an area can't develop without the presence of natural resources? Why you doing this to yourself and your unborn generation?
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by mercenary: 8:07am On Oct 28, 2018
helinues:

Stop blaming the FG. So you call 10billion naira meagre allocation. So if you were to be in possession of 10billion monthly, would bayelsa still look same?
Come, how old are you? that's the dumbest question ever asked online... We're talking about a Niger Delta state that is below sea level, very flood prone with civil servants and pensioners and capital intensive projects, and you talking abt me an individual... If N10 billion sounds like big money to you an individual, it is not to a whole state mind you.
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by helinues: 8:20am On Oct 28, 2018
eph12:

Why do we have to believe that a country or an area can't develop without the presence of natural resources? Why you doing this to yourself and your unborn generation?

I am being realistic instead of you who is being optimistic. Hadn't been the past and present governors are/were good manager, by now we supposed to have little Dubai.

I am not against restructuring. Infact my state ( Ogun) can stand on his own with her little resources without Fg effort( only if we have a good manager). South west in general can not feel nothing should Nigeria restructure instead expect buoyancy in our economy. Afterall presently SW are not doing bad.

What happens to state with little or no resources? How do you expect them to survive?

Majority of southern states do support restructuring. North are only those who are against it.

SS+SE+SW = 17 states
North + Middle belt = 19 states..

North has 55% in both rep and senate. Also remember, we have betrayal down south here ( brown envelopes).

Restructuring is DOA
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by helinues: 8:22am On Oct 28, 2018
mercenary:
Come, how old are you? that's the dumbest question ever asked online... We're talking about a Niger Delta state that is below sea level, very flood prone with civil servants and pensioners and capital intensive projects, and you talking abt me an individual... If N10 billion sounds like big money to you an individual, it is not to a whole state mind you.

Big bros, do not mind me. I am still in kindergarten.

But big bros sir, N10billion allocation monthly can do a lot of project sir unless if someone is APA
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by mercenary: 8:28am On Oct 28, 2018
helinues:

Big bros, do not mind me. I am still in kindergarten.

But big bros sir, N10billion allocation monthly can do a lot of project sir unless if someone is APA
Like I said... not in a civil servant state with loads of capital intensive project
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by eph12(m): 8:30am On Oct 28, 2018
helinues:

I am being realistic instead of you who is being optimistic. Hadn't been the past and present governors are/were good manager, by now we supposed to have little Dubai.

I am not against restructuring. Infact my state ( Ogun) can stand on his own with her little resources without Fg effort( only if we have a good manager). South west in general can not feel nothing should Nigeria restructure instead expect buoyancy in our economy. Afterall presently SW are not doing bad.

What happens to state with little or no resources? How do you expect them to survive?

Majority of southern states do support restructuring. North are only those who are against it.

SS+SE+SW = 17 states
North + Middle belt = 19 states..

North has 55% in both rep and senate. Also remember, we have betrayal down south here ( brown envelopes).

Restructuring is DOA
No you're not being realistic, you're being pessimistic. You have accepted that Nigeria can't move beyond this and will continue to fail.

We can't continue to do the same thing and expect different results. You have a problem against restructuring or wanting this country to try something else if not you wouldn't have opened this thread. What's your goal when you created this thread? To show that it's impossible to restructure? Just imagine everyone in this world had this mindset, we wouldn't have all these inventions we have today. I'm sure there were some people like you that would be claiming realist back then
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by helinues: 8:36am On Oct 28, 2018
eph12:

No you're not being realistic, you're being pessimistic. You have accepted that Nigeria can't move beyond this and will continue to fail.

We can't continue to do the same thing and expect different results. You have a problem against restructuring or wanting this country to try something else if not you wouldn't have opened this thread. What's your goal when you created this thread? To show that it's impossible to restructure? Just imagine everyone in this world had this mindset, we wouldn't have all these inventions we have today. I'm sure there were some people like you that would be claiming realist back then

No comment
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by BrokenTV: 10:08am On Oct 28, 2018
madridguy:
Buhari must go so the people that raped Nigeria for 16 years should come back and finish us? I'm sure you don't have Nigeria interest at heart.

And them tell you Buhari and his kinds are not raping Nigeria too, nawa for you people oh, if you have the interest of Nigerians at heart, you won't be clamouring for the return of Buhari the 3rd time, his 1st and 2nd coming where disaster for Nigerians.
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by mrblessed(m): 11:29am On Oct 28, 2018
Restructing shares similarity to fiscal federal which is the hallmark of every effective and efficient federal system of government --- the United States is a good example of what a federal system looks like. However, I understand and appreciate national and regional nuaunces and therefore cannot advocate a wholesale implementation of the American system without painstaking modifications that conform to local realities. Unfortunately, Nigeria claims to be a federal state only in theory; but in practice, it is a unitary state with a bloated, ineffective, irresponsible, and nonetheless strong state dictating to component units almost on everything.To local politics in Nigeria, of course every politics is local, restructuring is seemingly against the economic benefits of the north, who controls Nigeria's oil industry. Not because it is a bad policy but because the north has erroneously socialised itself to believe that it existence is directly tied to oil. So, whether Buhari or Atiku, I don't see any of them implementing a policy that places the south ahead of the north. To me, it sounds like an economic cum political suicide. Atiku might be a better president compare to Buhari who does not possess the capacity for critical thinking, giving his tested managerial acumen, broadmindness, and comospolitism. Nevertheless, restructuring Nigeria, in my view, will appear to be the greatest rest of an Atiku government.
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by seunmsg(m): 11:32am On Oct 28, 2018
Joevics:

Please tell us how he intends to restructure the country.
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by seunmsg(m): 11:41am On Oct 28, 2018
eph12:

Oga, emotional optimism won't cut it at all. Since Atiku's campaign is centered on restructuring, we must ask him to give us a clear details of how he intends to go about it. He should show us his path to restructuring.

We all know Atiku and PDP's past response to resource control and fiscal federalism. We are also well aware of his Fulani ancestry and the role that tribalism and religion usually play in policy formulation and implementation in Nigeria. Therefore, this is not the time to just be optimistic. This is the time to pragmatically demand for details and not after the election.
Re: Atiku Should Stop Deceiving People With Restructuring Campaign by eph12(m): 11:51am On Oct 28, 2018
seunmsg:

Oga, emotional optimism won't cut it at all. Since Atiku's campaign is centered on restructuring, we must ask him to give us a clear details of how he intends to go about it. He should show us his path to restructuring.

We all know Atiku and PDP's past response to resource control and fiscal federalism. We are also well aware of his Fulani ancestry and the role that tribalism and religion usually play in policy formulation and implementation in Nigeria. Therefore, this is not the time to just be optimistic. This is the time to pragmatically demand for details and not after the election.
The OP didn't ask for clarification from the campaign team, he outrightly condemned it.

I would understand if he's pro Buhari / APC and so will by default do or say anything to score political points for his party, no crime there. But passing as neutral and condemning issues like this just because of past or present experience is a no no. We won't be where we are today if that's how the whites behave

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tolu Ogunlesi Deleted Amaechi Audio Thread where he claimed it was GEJ 2014 / Caption See This Poster Is Governor Ugwuanyi Buharfied? / Breaking News:no Referendum No Election Protests Going On At Onisha.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.