Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... (730 Views)

After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E / Prof. Alexia Thomas To Buhari: Shut Down Nigerian Embassy In Uk Within 48hrs / Obama Praises Nigeria’s President For Conceding Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by deliceshop(m): 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2010
Become Nigeria President for 48Hrs here what will you change

I will ?

Well as an young skool technologist i will brand it has the power behind African Technology in the future make it the silicon valley of Africa
just the way Israel are doing now.

I will invest in Education, Electricity and Infrastructure.

I will make every Old people go and learn at skool and get minimum education in computing.

I will make it a TAX free Zone for Investors Manufactures

I will give a target of production to 2018

You what will you do?
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by Woke4all(m): 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2010
Just 48hrs? I will take my share and getout.
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by rebranded(m): 1:57pm On Jul 19, 2010
Make sure all Govt Officials use public amenities - public hospital, schools etc

Capital punishment for Corrupt officers

Mandate that national assembly wear ONLY suits to reduce the culture division

Raise the minimum entry standard for the police
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by BigB11(m): 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2010
Our only problem in Nigeria is corruption from the top to the bottom. I have absolute confidence that everything will automatically falls into place as soon as corruption is eradicated.

Therefore, the first thing I will change as Nigerian president will be our constitution: As of October 1 2010, Publicly killing every convicted corrupt government official will immediately be added to our constitution.

You can invest in Education, Electricity and Infrastructure, if effective strategy to eradicate corruption in Nigeria is not in place, absolutely nothing else will be done correctly. We will just be going in circle for the rest of our lives,  poverty will linger in Nigeria till the end of time, while our lovely country will also remain underdeveloped for the next 50,000 years.

I can assure you that corruption will completely disappear in Nigeria as soon as 2 or 3 convicted government officials are publicly executed, in their various hometowns will be preferable
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by deliceshop(m): 1:21pm On Jul 20, 2010
WHY?

Most of the time why is it that 95% of nigeria believe that when they get to power, position all what matter is to take there share and leave?

Why?

Most people never believe in let me make a positive change and leave the rest to the next person?
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by deliceshop(m): 2:17pm On Jul 20, 2010
Numericalized Nigeria and create social security and help to local investors
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by Woke4all(m): 2:19pm On Jul 20, 2010
^^
Pls explain how you r gonna do dat for 48hrs.
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by deliceshop(m): 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2010
Call an urgent meet as a president off all law maker and in the country people who matter and make them agree on a legislation that will be mandatory to the next president and will be priority in is first 6month in office

I will sign these legislation but will be executed in the next president tenor

I will be a consultant to this project and make it an open source to the public.

I hope, I do well if not correct me
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by deliceshop(m): 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2010
What if I divid Nigeria and say everybody go Home and answer Your fathers Name

What do you thing?
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by blacksta(m): 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2010
48 hrs is just not enough to fix this messed up Nigeria.
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by deliceshop(m): 10:05pm On Jul 20, 2010
blacksta:

48 hrs is just not enough to fix this messed up Nigeria.

This Statement will neither not help write something constructive
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by femmy2010(m): 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2010
Though no sector in Nigeria seem to be working but making 24hr power supply available would bring many other sector back to life.
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by mensdept: 4:31am On Jul 21, 2010
You can't do much but I'll start with: I would ban PDP, ANPP, PPA, and all past heads of states from politics. Then I would do all I could to extend the 48 hours to 6 months.
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by Nobody: 5:15am On Jul 21, 2010
I will ask Israel to take all ibos back to Israel, since they are one of the lost tribes of Israel.
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by chyz(m): 5:25am On Jul 21, 2010
I agree all the Igbos go back to israel, the yorubas back to saudi arabia, and the hausas back to yemen or something
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by Nobody: 5:39am On Jul 21, 2010
chyz:

I agree all the Igbos go back to israel, the yorubas back to saudi arabia, and the hausas back to yemen or something

Naaa, only ibos. They are the ones desperate to leave Nigeria.
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by AjanleKoko: 10:53am On Jul 21, 2010
Put in place legislation for immediate dissolution of Nigeria along the current unitary lines.
We need to operate as a bunch of autonomous federating units. I won't even bother with anything else.
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by Duroe: 12:00pm On Jul 21, 2010
I will answer the question as if I am a military ruler that can just do things by decree because being a President for 48hrs, I will not be able to do anything. I will still be busy looking around ASo Rock villa and having a 'honey moon' of rest after the election.
But as a dictator, in 48hrs: I will
1. Dissolve the states as they are at present
2. Restructure Nigeria into regions- 6-8, federating units in a united indivisible country.
3. Make each regions to start formulating their own constitution that will make them semi autonomous (not confederacy though)
4. Start a process of making a new constitution for Nigeria- possible Name changed to Federating Republics of Nigeria
5. Regions/federating units to control every resources generated onshore and send 20% to the centre after 2yrs, Centre will have full control over Defence (Army, Navy, Airforce) and Customs and offshore resources.
6. Federal govt hands off completely everything about local govt affairs- that becomes the sole responsibility of the federating units who can create and fund as many as they want.
7. Allocation will be between federal and state govt with immediate effect. Then no allocation from Abuja after 2years.
8. A transitional govt to start these program with immediate effect.
9. Federal govt will only act a a standardizing agent in eucation, health, infrastructural development- setting minimum standard, though can still invest in those areas too.
10. Constitution to establish the post of a President, 1st and 2nd Vice president each for Northern and southern protectorates.
11. Presidency to rotate between North and south after every 2 terms.
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by AjanleKoko: 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2010
Duroe:

I will answer the question as if I am a military ruler that can just do things by decree because being a President for 48hrs, I will not be able to do anything. I will still be busy looking around ASo Rock villa and having a 'honey moon' of rest after the election.
But as a dictator, in 48hrs: I will
1. Dissolve the states as they are at present
2. Restructure Nigeria into regions- 6-8, federating units in a united indivisible country.
3. Make each regions to start formulating their own constitution that will make them semi autonomous (not confederacy though)
4. Start a process of making a new constitution for Nigeria- possible Name changed to Federating Republics of Nigeria
5. Regions/federating units to control every resources generated onshore and send 20% to the centre after 2yrs, Centre will have full control over Defence (Army, Navy, Airforce) and Customs and offshore resources.
6. Federal govt hands off completely everything about local govt affairs- that becomes the sole responsibility of the federating units who can create and fund as many as they want.
7. Allocation will be between federal and state govt with immediate effect. Then no allocation from Abuja after 2years.
8. A transitional govt to start these program with immediate effect.
9. Federal govt will only act a a standardizing agent in eucation, health, infrastructural development- setting minimum standard, though can still invest in those areas too.
10. Constitution to establish the post of a President, 1st and 2nd Vice president each for Northern and southern protectorates.
11. Presidency to rotate between North and south after every 2 terms.

Nice ideas. You're quite right, you need to be a military dictator to get anything done.
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by deliceshop(m): 9:44am On Jul 22, 2010
I will stop this mess they will earn according to there qualification

Basic Salary - N2, 484, 245.50.
Hardship Allowance @ 50% of Basic Salary - N1,242,122.70 (I love this kind of hardship)
Constituency allowance @ 200% of BS - N4,968,509.00
Furniture Allowance @ 300% of BS - N7,452,736.50
Newspaper allowance @ 50% - N1,242,122.70 (Which kind newspaper be this shey na online or hard copy?).
Wardrobe allowance @ 25% - N621,061.37
Recess Allowance@ 10%: - N248,424.55
Accommodation @ 200% - N4,968,509.00.
Utilities @ 30% - N828,081.83.
Domestic Staff @ 35% - N863,184.12.
Entertainment @ 30% - N828,081.83.
Personal Assistance @ 25% - N621,061.37.
Vehicle Maintenance Allowance @ 75% - N1,863,184.12.
Leave Allowance @10% - N248,424.55.
One off payments (As advised by SagamiteSeverance gratuity) @ 300% - N7,452,736.50 (Once they get fired.)
Motor Vehicle Allowance @ 400% of BS - N9,936,982.00 - Every Four Years
Senators Salary per month. - N2,456,647.7
Total = N29, 479, 749.00
* 109 Senators Grand Total = N 3,264,329,264.10
A feeding frenzy!!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!
Salary U.S. President: $250,000/yr.
GDP U.S. Economy: $13Trillion/yr.

Allowance Nig. Senator: $1,500,000/yr

GDP Nig. Economy: $45 Billion/yr.
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 22, 2010
I will change the salary structure in the government! The political office holders and the civil servants will be on a similar salary structure.

The reason why most people kill to get into politics is because of the outrageous money they make as politicians. But in the end, the fate of the ordinary citizens lies in the hands of the civil servants who are under valued and under paid. The Politician’s make the policy, the civil servants implement them! How can they do their job well when they are not happy undecided
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by akyus(m): 10:42am On Jul 22, 2010
I'll focus on education sector. And make leadership a responsibility, so that all our intelligent brains in politics will run back to the classroom.
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by jamace(m): 7:00pm On Jul 22, 2010
I will not accept to be president for only 48 hours because I will not be able to achieve anything within the period. I don't want to add salt to injury in an already battered situation.
Re: Become Nigeria President For 48hrs Here What Will You Change? countdown... by deliceshop(m): 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2010
jamace:

I will not accept to be president for only 48 hours because I will not be able to achieve anything within the period. I don't want to add salt to injury in an already battered situation.

YOU THEY FEAR MAY BE YOU ARE THE ONE WHO KNOWS

(1) (Reply)

Hijacking Of Ballot Boxes, Kidnapping Mar - Ondo Election / International Tennis Superstar Arrested By Ndlea / Court Sets Half Billion Bail For Akingbola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.