Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Would You Lie To Save A Life? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Lie To Save A Life? (4633 Views)

Poll: Would You Lie?

Yes Its Necesarry: 88% (56 votes)
No Its immoral: 11% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read / Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? / Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by makajibbz(m): 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2010
fo sho!!!!
I have to say that it is a fooolish question!!!
i will even fornicate to save someone's life! angry
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by mamagee3(f): 8:17pm On Jul 19, 2010
I don't know about that.

I hope I don't find myself in that situation.
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by makajibbz(m): 8:26pm On Jul 19, 2010
mama-gee:

I don't know about that.

I hope I don't find myself in that situation.

really
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by CarlosVent(m): 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2010
no
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by kokoye(m): 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2010
^^^ Here we go.

Some bold posters are coming on . .
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Acidosis(m): 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2010
It depends
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Freiburger(m): 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2010
CarlosVent:

no

No i 'll not or no 'll? wink
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by chuqudy(m): 10:17pm On Jul 19, 2010
egift:

To save mine? - No (I may end up in hell)

To save another? - Yes (Its a sacrifice - its less crime than the first) i may just short-cut to heaven (my life were in good state earlier and this action were of good intent.

That's how I see it.

egift, why if you do not tell lie to save your life and you are killed and you go to hell.
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by dinggle: 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2010
hisssssss, I lie everyday of my life. So to save someone's life I will lie so perfectly wit will be more of truth telling.

This question is not even for a Nigerian, the name Nigeria is a lie, foundation of the country built on lies, political leaders are liars even day old babies lie to suck breast milk twice in a role, did I hear u say how? A mother feeds a day old baby 2 mins later the baby cries for more breast milk, arguing he/she ain't had none in a while. Ask the Danish, the Japs, the Aussies, the Canadians then you will get a credible answer.
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Seun(m): 10:34pm On Jul 19, 2010
I would lie a hundred times to save a life. Lying to a bad person who wants to kill is a good deed.
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by chuqudy(m): 10:39pm On Jul 19, 2010
Well, I see lie as an intellect. If you use it possitively, I do not see any thing wrong in it. But using it wrongly as in the case of putting an innocent person into trouble or protecting an unrepentant criminal is bad.

A "born again" once told me that he can never tell lies because all lies are sins and lead to hell.  Then I asked him this question.
If hired assasins or armed robbers come to your house in search of your father. And you know quite well that your father is hidding under the bed. Now, the criminals search every where and could not find your father. If they come to ask you your fathers where about, would you tell them that your father is hiding under the bed?
The "Born again" became dumb founded.

Because if he says he does not know where his father is, he has told lies and he will go to hell. If he says "my dad is under the bed" his father would die.

Please all Born again and holy people here, if it were you, what will you do.
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by soarrogant(m): 10:45pm On Jul 19, 2010
I lie for no reason, with a life at stake I would lie so good that i might even mess up undecided
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 19, 2010
lol i lie for fun so why wouldnt i lie to SAVE A LIFE?
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by makajibbz(m): 11:15pm On Jul 19, 2010
slyfoxxjoe:

lol i lie for fun so why wouldnt i lie to SAVE A LIFE?
grin grin
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by mamagee3(f): 12:12am On Jul 20, 2010
makajibbz:

really
And what's the three horns for? undecided
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Tcrack(m): 2:04am On Jul 20, 2010
the bible says, lying is a sin and the smallest sin can prevent you from the kingdom of God. would you prefer me to lie, save the persons life and spend my eternity in hell? besides is it my fault that he got himself into the shitt he is in? if it is his destiny to die, die he must. i have never lied in my life and i wont do it for any reason.
E isso mesmo
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by frankcimc(m): 2:20am On Jul 20, 2010
I think lie to save a soul (Not to save the Quilty )will be seen at a practical wisdom.
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by KAYD007(m): 7:41am On Jul 20, 2010
when lie dey boku for mere jollification, lie to save life go come be problem? angry i beggyyyy make i hear word booh
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by makajibbz(m): 8:09am On Jul 20, 2010
Tcrack:

the bible says, lying is a sin and the smallest sin can prevent you from the kingdom of God. would you prefer me to lie, save the persons life and spend my eternity in hell? besides is it my fault that he got himself into the shitt he is in? if it is his destiny to die, die he must. i have never lied in my life and i wont do it for any reason.
E isso mesmo
wel, my brother you just lied! and dnt say anything like ''internet lie'' lie is lie!!! nonsense.
mama-gee:

And what's the three horns for? undecided
you dont know abot that? you peepz are so heartless! cry
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Ranoscky(m): 8:53am On Jul 20, 2010
Depends on what offence the person commited. buh if na just mere matter, the lie no go get part 2!!!
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Ranoscky(m): 9:20am On Jul 20, 2010
@Tcrack

u say u never lie for your life? shocked na who u dey tell dat 1? u think say NL na kindergating? angry abi na only lie be sin? ok! u no fit lie b'cos small sin can lead u to hell buh u get GF wey u dey shine her congo abi? undecided shey dat 1 no be sin? undecided any small thing una go bring bible join lyk say na una holy pass. sad shey if u lie mean say u go enter hell fire immediately? after lieing, u go down on your kneels and ask GOD for forgiveness buh, the most important thing is to save the life 1st. maybe if dat person die at dat tym he myt go to hell but, don't u know if u lie and he's save he can later repent and when he dies he will go to heaven den, u have done to GOD a very good favour by bringing a saint to him. what of judas (1 of d 12 deciples of jesus) wey betray jesus (his master) wetin u go talk about dat 1? (king of kings and lord of lords for that matter)

don't u know dat it's berrer to lie n save a dieing soul n later ask GOD for forgiveness dan to betray jesus?
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Iyineda(m): 9:35am On Jul 20, 2010
I would lie to get me some tasty KFC so 'wouldn't be a stretch for me to lie about SAVING a m'fvcking life!
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by makajibbz(m): 9:41am On Jul 20, 2010
Ranoscky:

@Tcrack

u say u never lie for your life? shocked na who u dey tell dat 1? u think say NL na kindergating? angry abi na only lie be sin? ok! u no fit lie b'cos small sin can lead u to hell buh u get GF wey u dey shine her congo abi? undecided shey dat 1 no be sin? undecided any small thing una go bring bible join lyk say na una holy pass. sad shey if u lie mean say u go enter hell fire immediately? after lieing, u go down on your kneels and ask GOD for forgiveness buh, the most important thing is to save the life 1st. maybe if dat person die at dat tym he myt go to hell but, don't u know if u lie and he's save he can later repent and when he dies he will go to heaven den, u have done to GOD a very good favour by bringing a saint to him. what of judas (1 of d 12 deciples of jesus) wey betray jesus (his master) wetin u go talk about dat 1? (king of kings and lord of lords for that matter)

don't u know dat it's berrer to lie n save a dieing soul n later ask GOD for forgiveness dan to betray jesus?

thumbs up! the guy na big liar!!!
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by FEMARY(m): 9:59am On Jul 20, 2010
when the early christians hid paul in a basket.if they were asked what the content was ,what would they have said?
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by johndavid1(m): 10:18am On Jul 20, 2010
FEMARY:

when the early Christians hid Paul in a basket.if they were asked what the content was ,what would they have said?
grin grin grin
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Ranoscky(m): 10:20am On Jul 20, 2010
@FEMARY

dat na WEAC question o!
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by johndavid1(m): 10:32am On Jul 20, 2010
chuqudy:

Well, I see lie as an intellect. If you use it possitively, I do not see any thing wrong in it. But using it wrongly as in the case of putting an innocent person into trouble or protecting an unrepentant criminal is bad.

A "born again" once told me that he can never tell lies because all lies are sins and lead to hell.  Then I asked him this question.
If hired assasins or armed robbers come to your house in search of your father. And you know quite well that your father is hidding under the bed. Now, the criminals search every where and could not find your father. If they come to ask you your fathers where about, would you tell them that your father is hiding under the bed?
The "Born again" became dumb founded.

Because if he says he does not know where his father is, he has told lies and he will go to hell. If he says "my dad is under the bed" his father would die.

Please all Born again and holy people here, if it were you, what will you do.

grin grin grin thats a beautiful question
am not one of the holier than thou but let me tell you what they will answer you.
my Father on earth will die if it has been assigned by God that he will die by the assassins but if he has not been assigned that he will die that way he can never die that way because even if they shoot him he will not die!
and even if he dies God knows i never wanted to fall into sin that was why i said the truth even at a point of death.
God will now reward me and gives me the fortitude to bear the loss. cool cool
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by skyndyp(f): 10:37am On Jul 20, 2010
ALL liars will burn in hell,so says my scripture cry cry But it's hard not to lie to save a life cool cool
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by thebuzz1(f): 10:40am On Jul 20, 2010
yes i would lie so far it's saving someones life
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by Newest: 10:43am On Jul 20, 2010
Even wen i no go save life self i dey lie Prapra, talkless of make we come add
"SAVE LIFE" join, i go do am likeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by kadman(m): 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2010
I would lie to even save 5 bucks,

Does that answer the question angry
Re: Would You Lie To Save A Life? by atilla(m): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2010
I would,

but what if the case is that you have to lie to save someone who killed someone For example you saw someone you know shoot someone. Would you still lie??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Juju Real - Debate Between Phuck_nl And Splitnaija / The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists / Telugu Christian Christmas Mp3 Songs FREE Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.