Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,194 members, 7,839,064 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! (7502 Views)

Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver / Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... / Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by damilola15: 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2010
Who is lastma official that they can't beat. if they and the police beat civilians without being called to book what do you expect.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Ranoscky(m): 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2010
@Redman44

before i say whatever i wanna say i'll lyk to ask u som-hm. . .have u ever had problem with LASTMA official before?
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by madamL(f): 2:28pm On Jul 20, 2010
I hope the beating was really carried out well? Pardon me people but I have issues with LASTMA. Only few people wake up and plan for their vehicles to spoil and block the road. Again, why harrass someone who is sweating and running around visibly trying to get a bad truck off the road? I have seen cases where you will hire boys to push off the bad truck and while they are at it LASTMA van will block them and tow the van. I thought they are supposed to help get the van off the road or at best punish impunity.

Once more I feel good about that beating.

My personal view people.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by future001: 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2010
Lastma!!! These guys are road thieves. The way they jump with their dirty arses into sb's car and then get the person robbed. Damn!!!
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Frydae: 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2010
Serves them right,  they are always quick to jump into cars in the name of arrests,  one day they'll jump in and it will be for good,  neva coming out again,  Useless LASTMA OFFICIALS with their very unkempt looks,
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Frydae: 2:45pm On Jul 20, 2010
tongue what level of battery did they dish out to those contemptious officials? I hope they took some of their teeth  grin out, U get to see the animal in those Audacious officials if per chance you fall into their hands. let this serve as a deterent to their ruthless collegues.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by kluv2(m): 3:18pm On Jul 20, 2010
it serves them right,yoruba says "ti won ba ranni nise iru a maa n fi tomo je"
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Valo29: 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2010
Cool.Once in a while, they should swallow the bitter pills they give out to innocent drivers too. Serves them right for once.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by denitro(m): 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2010
May god be praised, LASTMA officials gave me the same treatment a year ago when I resisted
when they tried to tow my car. 3 of their officials gave me a beating I will never forget.
I had to part with N50,000,
They got what they deserve,
What goes around, comes around,
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Shoolar(m): 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2010
Dat was unfair, but who knw wat d lastma has said 2 d owner of d trailer b4 he called dos who beat him. Thank God they're ALIVE!
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by naso2(m): 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2010

Soldiers Batter 3 LASTMA Officials

print
Author: Date: Jul 16th, 2010. | Category: News, Today's Headlines. | Follow comments: RSS 2.0. | You can leave a response below. |

Four soldiers and two naval officers have beaten three officers of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA into unconsciousness at Mile 2 area of Lagos State, Nigeria.

•One of the LASTMA officials battered by soldiers.

The LASTMA officers-Gbenga Ajayi-Bembe, Akeem Bisiriyu and Abiodun Kayode were battered by the military men while trying to tow a broken down trailer obstructing traffic at Mile 2.

They were immediately rushed to the Gbagada General Hospital for treatment where they were revived after remaining in a state of unconsciousness for sometime.

P.M. NEWS gathered that trouble started when the Head, Zone 5, LASTMA had asked Kayode, the LASTMA towing vehicle driver to go and tow a trailer, which broke down at Mile 2 ‘Oke.’

The owner of the trailer was said to have called in the soldiers and naval officers who came and gave Kayode the beating of his life.

The soldiers successfully removed the trailer that had already been carried by the towing van and drove off while Kayode contacted his boss to come to his rescue, and then chased after the fleeing trailer being driven by the soldiers.

Getting to First Gate, Mile 2, Kayode used his towing vehicle to block the trailer while the soldiers came down and descended on him and beat him mercilessly until he collapsed into a state of unconsciousness, while two other officers came to rescue him.

The other two officers-Ajayi- Bembe and Bisiriyu who came to rescue their colleagues were also thoroughly beaten until they also became unconscious while the soldiers and the naval officers took the trailer away.

Speaking with P.M. NEWS, Kayode narrated the story, saying that “my boss told me to go and tow a trailer which broke down at Mile 2 Oke.  I had already jacked the trailer into the towing van when the owner went to call two soldiers and they beat me up and removed the trailer from the van.

“I called my boss to come to my rescue and I pursued the trailer to first gate and blocked it.  More soldiers and naval officers came and they beat me until I fainted.

“They beat my two other colleagues into unconsciousness and they smashed the windscreen of the towing van.   I was soaked in blood before I passed out.   The area boys in the area also started throwing stones at us.”

The three LASTMA officers also sustained severe injuries.

As at the time of filing this report, Bisiriyu was still seriously in bad condition in the hospital as he could not talk.

—Kazeem Ugbodaga

Read more: Soldiers Batter 3 LASTMA Officials | Nigerian News – P.M. News Nigeriahttp://pmnewsnigeri a.com/2010/ 07/16/soldiers- batter-3- lastma-officials /#ixzz0tvR6oahg

Una dey see story?
When the very trailer that broke down  and being towed suddenly started working properly just because soldiers arrived and a LASTMA official had to chase the "formerly broken down trailer" to first gate from mile 2, then you know that these LASTMA officials are born to always tell lies.

Was it that engine of the trailer was waiting for the soldiers before starting? Ok even if that was the case, then why still insist on towing the vehicle after the engine started?

Infact those soldiers for really MEND dem well well.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by teskyg: 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2010
These LASTMA guys are daft.These young men should have walk away or gone back to their offices after the Soldiers have towed the Trailer away if there was no interior motives.The Military personnel had help them towed the obstacle away from the road.Why going after them again.Them never see anything.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by tkb417(m): 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2010
desgiezd:

Where lies your objectivity?
excuse me?

im stil looking for an opportunity to give them thorough beating

i know i cant beat them, so ill probably still use soldiers whenever i wanna deal with them

useless set of people
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by lsfuzo: 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2010
BEAT THEM, BEAT THEM WELL WELL.
smiley grin
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by obyann(f): 5:09pm On Jul 20, 2010
LASTMA!!! una never see anything yet.
See them on the road with that useless uniform, they feel they are gods.
See the ones at Law School, they use their hands to operate the traffic light making people to fall victim.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by naso2(m): 5:14pm On Jul 20, 2010
tkb417:

excuse me?

im stil looking for an opportunity to give them thorough beating

i know i cant beat them, so ill probably still use soldiers whenever i wanna deal with them
useless set of people

O boy no try am o. they will mark your car and hit back heavily whenever you are alone. Devil go dey push dem enter people wey big pass dem like soldiers from time to time.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by tkb417(m): 5:17pm On Jul 20, 2010
na_so:

O boy no try am o. they will mark your car and hit back heavily whenever you are alone. Devil go dey push dem enter people wey big pass dem like soldiers from time to time.
LOL

thats why i dey fear grin cheesy

den don show me b4 well well. That law school junction, one lastma madman is there

i hope i can just see him in my home state, ill deal with him ehn grin
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Kave(m): 5:27pm On Jul 20, 2010
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
monkeys!!!. YOU WANT TO FIGHT ARWUAH, FOOLISHNESS!!!!
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by naso2(m): 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2010
Infact i always saw myself as one very bold, "right-claiming" guy. But LASTMA don puncture all that confidence. All the 50-50 traffic calls between us have left me bruised. I don pay tire , infact at a time it was like i was paying tithe to LASTMA grin grin

Coming to work this morning , i just saw one lastma guy moving towards my  car and i was like "God what again"? Alas the guy just stopped me, I was very sure I had commited no offence, but like police, you cant be sure with Lastma, dem go put one allegation for  your head sharp, sharp. Sure that all my doors were locked , I summoned courage to asked what i did wrong. You can imaging the mixture of relief and anger when he told me that he was just trying to use me to force the truck behind me to stop
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by binaflexia: 5:36pm On Jul 20, 2010
Any pics of their battered faces? grin
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by niger2011: 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2010
Thank God this bad people calling themselves LASTMA. they don't listen to the masses. They are fond of collecting bribe.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by davidif: 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2010
ITS AMAZING THAT THIS SOLDIERS WOULD GO SCOT FREE WHERE IS OCELOT TO COME AND DEFEND THEM? NO ACCOUNTABILITY IN NAIJA. cry cry cry
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by sleak(m): 6:37pm On Jul 20, 2010
last time i was in naija,was coming from lekki heading for ikoyi,right about law skool one of them lastma guys just tried to stop me suddenly but jumping in front of my car.didnt even bother to avoid him-just faced him and increased the pressure on the accelerator, im certain he would av gone church,mosque or shrine to thank his ancestors for not joining them prematurely angry
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by coolguyz(m): 7:27pm On Jul 20, 2010
LASTMA officials hardly get pitied from lagosians cos they jump on vehicles and trump up some only-God-knws-where-its-written traffic law. How come the same broken down trailer he had already jacked up started working necessitating him chasing it wt his truck?

Not until there's a re-orientation and they conduct themselves as they should in a sane society rather than the extortionist approach, lagosians will always back anyone that stand up to the LASTMA officials even when the person is wrongfylly WRONG
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by mamagee3(f): 7:50pm On Jul 20, 2010
Good for them. . .

I hope they battle it once and for all.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by desktop: 8:12pm On Jul 20, 2010
Im telling you anyone who has ever experienced those idiotic LASTMA thugs would be rejoicing right now.
As for me o i say a big thank you to the soldiers who dealt with those ones, at least now they know khaki no be polyester grin

Truth is these guys are really devils, the other day i saw them harassing a man who's car developed a fault on the service lane and were even trying to beat him up till people around actually came to his rescue. . .why do the idiots think its called service lane?

Abeg any soldier thats on NL tomorrow go out and look for them then beat more of them.

Bastards once stopped and harassed me that my drivers license then was issued from Kwara state and not Lagos and so was an issue. . .ended up fleecing money off me cos of this freaking thugs! why didnt they fight the soldiers now?
bastards!

No one should accuse the soldiers o cos the story is one sided, im sure if you hear from the soldiers, you will find out they even deserved much more than the small shi shi they got!
Apes!
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by mrkoma2012: 8:19pm On Jul 20, 2010
If govt officals are beaten up witout any fear or remorse how safe is d ordinary man on d road/
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by naso2(m): 8:23pm On Jul 20, 2010
desktop:

Bastards once stopped and harassed me that my drivers license then was issued from Kwara state and not Lagos and so was an issue. . .ended up fleecing money off me cos of this freaking thugs! why didnt they fight the soldiers now?
bastards!

grin grin grin grin

Kai. Are you serious ? those guys na real thieves. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Nymphnode(m): 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2010
>:The soldiers successfully removed the trailer that had already been carried by the towing van and drove off while Kayode contacted his boss to come to his rescue, and then chased after the fleeing trailer being driven by the soldiers.

You see say the LASTMA  guy no get respect. Oversabi dey worry am. Dey suppose drag am reach barrack sef make hin  go do small frog jump angry angry angry
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by okgerald(m): 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2010
Nigeria is Messed up, lastma o, police o, soldier o, all of them is one and same corrupt bunch. No law and order ,everybody do wetin you like jo.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by aktunde(m): 9:08pm On Jul 20, 2010
Honestly, I don't mind if the soldiers killed them. If you have ever been maltreated by those LASTMA guys, I'm sure you would not have pity for them.

Sometime ago, I missed my road in Lagos and I asked a LASTMA official for direction. I assumed he knew the area very well. He deliberately misled me, and allowed me to fall into a trap they set. His colleagues got me,and the argument started. I confessed to them that I didn't know my way, and a LASTMA official asked me to make a U-turn where I did.  Shortly after, the LASTMA guy that misdirected me, came to the scene, but he denied me completely. I was so shocked, and I couldn't hide me tears. I missed an important job interview that day. It's one of the days I will never forget in my life.

Why did they even resuscitate from their unconsciousness? Call me a wicked guy if you like, but I wish every wicked LASTMA official dead!
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by rasputinn(m): 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2010
Most Nigerian military officers are nothing but depraved beasts,even as most LASTMA officers are extorting azzholes;with no apologies to any

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Latest On The 4 Uniport Students Killed By Aluu / I Was Forcefully Innitiated Into Cultism Last Week, Please I Need Help Now. / Video Of A Man Caught Sleeping With Someone's Wife Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.