Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,105 members, 7,838,796 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! (7501 Views)

Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver / Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... / Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 21, 2010
you guyz miss d whole point? how did a "BROKEN DOWN TRAILER" get 2 move and was actually being pursued by LASTMA officials Somebody is not saying the truth here.It is only in Nigeria that I have seen where vehicles are towed with the driver inside. bloody mediocre
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by boombell: 1:05pm On Jul 21, 2010
@donobi,i u are a fucking asshole lawyer who did not av better case to defend in the court than asking LASTMA to contact to defend them.Just drive down to lagos and u will be welcome by their nefarious act and u will drop all ur intention to defend them in court.
Those guys av spoilt my vehicle on 2 occassions and i av vowed to deal with the next one with JUJU and just destroy his life the way the did to my vehicle on 2 occassion,for me no beating for them.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by obyann(f): 1:18pm On Jul 21, 2010
oluagness:

You guys have a sort of hatred for Lastma Let your ways of driving be proper and no lastman will against you

I hope you dont drive in Lagos and I pray you dont fall into their hands one day.

Pamperme:

Why would any right thinking person in Nigeria cross a vehicle driven by a soldier? Seriously i think they were trying to extort money from the truck driver and decided to tow the truck when he refuse to give them, that will explain why the area boys were stoning them on top the shishi the soldiers gave them,

it serves them right grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thank you
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Mortiple(m): 1:20pm On Jul 21, 2010
God bless those gallant solders.  I would have done same in the past if I were a soldier.  I can't forget in a hurry, one particular incident that I was pursued like a common criminal  for no offense in Ikeja GRA.  cry

Even as we all appreciate the good work of LASTMA on Lagos roads, their excesses should no longer be overlooked.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Ranoscky(m): 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2010
@ibrahim

i no sure say u don get lastma problem b4 b'cos, if u don jam dem b4 u go kno say doz pipu na heartless animals!
or, lyk som1 said, maybe d 1's wey u jam na good 1's buh, if u wake up at d wrong side for bed 1 morning go jam wicked 1's ehn. . .na dia u go kno say, lastma offials dey'r evils. i don enter army wahala b4, d only harassment wey dem giv me b say, i remove my camo troussier in front of public, dem stil collect d last shandy wey dey ma hand, buh dem no touch me n dat was about 6-7yrs ago! buh, lastma officials r so wicked to d core dat if ur car broke down on d way, b4 u know what's happening, dem don dey put chain/rope for ur motor, n if u ever stop dem from doin it, u go see double wahala for dead body. b4 u know waz up, ur car has already been towed to dia station, y? for no jus cause. as if u vividly turn down d ignition at d middle of d road. n b4 u get ur car back, money don commot for ur pocket. if dsame tin hapuns 2morow, dey'll stil do dsam tin, is dat fair? shey u go lyk make dem dey collect moni from u EVERYDAY?
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by waleadex(m): 2:37pm On Jul 21, 2010
This is why Nigeria is not developing.People are happy that he was beaten up.Are the soldiers above the law.If they had pleaded,as army people, with the LASTMA officials,they would have let them go.It s a poor development.It shows Nigeria is a lawless country.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Ranoscky(m): 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2010
Quote from waleadex: "Nigeria is a lawless country."

^^Na today u know?
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by sonerkind(m): 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2010
it serves the idiots rite,lastma or whatever their name is are worst than the devil,guys in my area were so happy when we heard it,their are too mean and i will soon deal with one of them too, kai,why the soldiers no even kill them sef, i really dont know why people are pitting them,they are the worst uniform men on earth,infact police better pass them. soldiers no dey vex and m giving them thumbs up. ;d
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by IbrahimB: 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ranoscky:

@ibrahim
is dat fair?

@Ranoscky

No it's not fair Ranoscky smiley. But, that's not our argument. . .

Like all officials that wear one form of uniform or another in this country, the LASTMA boys have their problems.
However, the soldiers are NOT the right personnel to handle those excesses.
Even if they were the right personnel, how is beating them to the point of unconsciousness justified?
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Ranoscky(m): 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2010
^ Don't mind doz bloody liars, if dey wia beatn 2 unconciousnes, can dey b able 2 tell what happened thereafter?
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by boombell: 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2010
@IbrahimB,let those u can manhandle the LASTMA do the dirty job for those of us who cannot,they are reaping what they sow.And do u know waht will av happen to the trailer driver had it been they were able to arrest him successfully?Dem don pass their boundry.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by liftedone(f): 6:22pm On Jul 21, 2010
The Lastma officials reaped what they had been sowing over time. They usually show no mercy when they victimise motorists on Lagos roads. They met their match, as barbaric as the treatment meted out to them may be.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by GeorgeD1(m): 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2010
those dudes are getting a taste of their own medicine, if you ask me! grin
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by benjamina(m): 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2010
these so called LASTMA guy are disturbing us in lagos.They have lost focus.They ve derailed from what lagos atate govt.sent them to do and that is why I will support the beating.U could imagine people throwing stones at them.That will tell the extent of hatred we lagosians have for them.I support the beating because no one delibrately spoils his or her car on the carriage way.Thats good for them.IDIOTS
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by jaybee(f): 8:36am On Jul 22, 2010
The LASTMA officers-Gbenga Ajayi-Bembe, Akeem Bisiriyu and Abiodun Kayode were battered by the military men while trying to tow a broken down trailer obstructing traffic at Mile 2.

They were immediately rushed to the Gbagada General Hospital for treatment where they were revived after remaining in a state of unconsciousness for sometime.

P.M. NEWS gathered that trouble started when the Head, Zone 5, LASTMA had asked Kayode, the LASTMA towing vehicle driver to go and tow a trailer, which broke down at Mile 2 ‘Oke.’

The owner of the trailer was said to have called in the soldiers and naval officers who came and gave Kayode the beating of his life.

The soldiers successfully removed the trailer that had already been carried by the towing van and drove off while Kayode contacted his boss to come to his rescue, and then chased after the fleeing trailer being driven by the soldiers.

Getting to First Gate, Mile 2, Kayode used his towing vehicle to block the trailer while the soldiers came down and descended on him and beat him mercilessly until he collapsed into a state of unconsciousness, while two other officers came to rescue him.

The other two officers-Ajayi- Bembe and Bisiriyu who came to rescue their colleagues were also thoroughly beaten until they also became unconscious while the soldiers and the naval officers took the trailer away.

Speaking with P.M. NEWS, Kayode narrated the story, saying that “my boss told me to go and tow a trailer which broke down at Mile 2 Oke.  I had already jacked the trailer into the towing van when the owner went to call two soldiers and they beat me up and removed the trailer from the van.

“I called my boss to come to my rescue and I pursued the trailer to first gate and blocked it.  More soldiers and naval officers came and they beat me until I fainted.

“They beat my two other colleagues into unconsciousness and they smashed the windscreen of the towing van.   I was soaked in blood before I passed out.   The area boys in the area also started throwing stones at us.

Now you all believe the LASTMA STORY ? Incredible!!!

Please help me unravel something here

[size=13pt]The trailer broke down and was obstructing traffic. It  needed to be towed.

The trailer had been jacked into the towing van.

The time was enough for the trailer driver to assemble soldiers and naval personnel to beat up the Lastma man mercilessly.

The soldiers successfully removed the trailer from the towing van.

The soldiers (may be also trailer mechanics, repaired the trailer immediately) started driving the broken down trailer.

The mercilessly beaten Lastma driver entered his towing van and pursued the soldiers in the (repaired) broken down trailer.

The mercilessly beaten Lastma driver succeeded in blocking the moving (broken down) trailer being driven by the soldiers
[/size]

[size=16pt]NOW WHY WERE THE AREA BOYS THROWING STONES AT THE LASTMA OFFICIALS ??[/size]
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by GeorgeD1(m): 9:39am On Jul 22, 2010
please somebody should tell the soldiers to batter them more!

them never see anything yet! grin
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 22, 2010
i do not support the flagrant disobedience displayed by soldiers as regards laws of the land, but,  kai! kai! e fit doz lastma pple. i mean have u seen dem in action? d way dey beat up motorists? they even regard themselves as soldiers. any small altercation with some motorists, na slap go follow, kpuai! d police wey dey dey wit dem come dey even give dem more liver. has any panel been setup to investigate doz acts of abuse? now dem jam real soldiers, dem dey run. abeg jare!
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 22, 2010
i do not support the flagrant disobedience displayed by soldiers as regards laws of the land, but, kai! kai! e fit doz lastma pple. i mean have u seen dem in action? d way dey beat up motorists? they even regard themselves as soldiers. any small altercation with some motorists, na slap go follow, kpuai! d police wey dey dey wit dem come dey even give dem more liver. has any panel been setup to investigate doz acts of abuse? now dem jam real soldiers, dem dey run. abeg jare!
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by GeorgeD1(m): 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2010
no mind these lastma officials who want to turn lagos into a lawless jungle.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Bishop(m): 6:32pm On Jul 22, 2010
The LASTMA guys need to be beaten more than this,The peaple who have not witnessed or being on the recieving end of this LASTMA guys are those who will have pity for them.

My face was more swollen than that when thugs called LASTMA descended on me for no just cause.

We were parked like Dogs into a waiting Black Maria and sent to alausa.Most of the people arrested where bank staffs alighting from thier staff bus,including the bus driver while the bus was towed away for no offence at all.

Do you know how many people go to jail(I mean Kirikiri or Ikoyi prison) because of ochestrated charges by LASTMA staffs.Visit the Mini cell at Alausa and see for your self

That story is for another day.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by member479760: 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2010
This Lastma guy needs to go to jail for perjury.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by ducci: 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2010
serves the lastma guys rite if thats the kind of treatment they give lagosians.The soldiers i believe were wrong to beat up members of a recognized state agency though , but i think there must have been a congent reason for it, and not the misjointed story we just read,i wonder why our journalist cannot get the other side of the story before relaying such a sensitive issue.  But fellow colleagues i assure u, the military will look into it,believe it or not things have changed there,unless they are not discovered. And for donosky or wateva u call urself,you are an embarrasment to the law profession if thats how you stupidly jump into matters without good jugdement or investigating ,especialy military issues.Who are you trying to impress,if your claim of contributing to the dsmissal of some military guys is true,i advice you to sleep with one eyes open and watch your back.You are even posting your email,i feel like setting you up but you be my guy,just be careful ehn.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by soloqy: 1:20am On Jul 23, 2010
Had this beating been handed down to some civilian like myself, I would have probably formed a group on facebook to fight it.

But hey, its LASTMA!

And the truth is that you cant vouch for any of them. Most of them were political touts and thugs during the elections who were giving jobs by Lagos government to help their lives but they have taken all their filth into the place.

Thats how two of them (criminals) accosted me on a sunday coming back from church just after the law school area on Ozumba Mbadiwe. These two suddenly jumped in front of my car from the top of the okada they hired(is it not convenient how they always seem to have an okada nearby to jump on?)They told me that they had been following me from the 1004 area of the traffic light and that i jumped the light. I was more surprised than angry because I never did. I was just trying to get their gist properly and wound down my passenger glass to hear them out and that was the mistake cause the criminal just put his hand inside, opened the door and sat in the car.

Suffice to say that that was a journey that ended up with them giving me all manner of threats and calling their colleagues(on a sunday) and finally defrauding me of Five thousand naira. This final humiliation was carried out right in front of their office at Adeola Odeku.

And so my day that began with me going to church, minding my own after church and never, never jumping a red light, ended with me being defrauded of 5k and getting home hours after i should have.

I still remember the faces of those two Lastma thieves and when I read this story, I could picture their faces in my mind and wished it was them.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by btlasisi(m): 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2010
I find it difficult understanding the mentality of we Nigerians. I do not know what really makes the whole lot of things about us so complex. We always believing that cutting off  of a troubled head is solution to an headache.

Let one of those people pointing accusing fingers on LASTMA come out clearly and tell us that they were harassed without committing any traffic offence. We always want things to go our ways whether right or wrong. While i am not absolving LASTMA of  some of their excesses but the way most of us drive on highway explains everything.

Back to the main topic: - Can LASTMA tow a moving trailer?

Have we ever witness a car crashing in to a stationary trailer in the night before the morning the trailer had suddenly disappear?

I think the conduct of Soldiers ought to have been condemn outrightly, no wonder Fela always reffer to them as Zombie, i wonder if  they are better behaved than the LASTMA officials.

I think the Zombies need a better education so that they can desist from taking laws in to their own hands.

We could be a victim of Zombies while doing our jobs in future, so let us unanimously say the soldiers have erred.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by shagmus(m): 4:21pm On Jul 23, 2010
I'm shocked at the post i'm seeing. this is a clear case of brutality and misuse of power. nobody should be above the law. d soldiers beat lastma in broad daylight and got away with it then we are in trouble. nobody is safe again cos one day it would be our turn
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Ranoscky(m): 4:26pm On Jul 23, 2010
@Ducci abi na gabana

for your info, d name is Ranoscky and not donoscky ok?. . .Roger dat!

so what did u say is your problem? y d insult?
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by tunscolo(m): 1:51pm On Jul 24, 2010
igba yen nko? o npe ko to na won paa. shebi dem self dey carry soldiers. they over-do their things, the LASTMA officials are all filled with thugs.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Ranoscky(m): 8:43am On Jul 25, 2010
^^ Aba O!

i no know d 1 wey ducci abi na gabana com dey fukk 'em style up tink say 'em dey try to get on ma nerve!

*wey all doz bas-tards wey call dem selfs lastma officials na complete animals wey surpose dey for zoo*
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by bing(m): 10:15pm On Jul 25, 2010
serves them right, my brother had to pay to lastma a total of 61,000 naira as settlement on 4 different times under one month before he finally quit working during the day as a transporter within lagos axis
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Arysexy(m): 11:43pm On Jul 25, 2010
serves them right!!! those dirty rogues that bang into ppls car like armed robbers shuld be dealt with, if i have my way i can crush them outright if they obstruct or jump infront of me like i.diots, they have targets of number of vehicle to tow thats y they tow even moving vehicles. Animals, thugs, thieves, agberos, hate them with passion. kill them, kill the bad LASTMA officials!!!
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by GeorgeD1(m): 8:11am On Jul 26, 2010
lastma! lastma!! lastma!!! i think those goons have a secret agenda to be the last men on lagos roads and that is why they keep killing and maiming innocent drivers. but not anymore! they have their match now in the form of naija soldiers.

from now on the fear of soldier brutality will be the beginning of good behaviour from these callous lastma guys!
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by chillbabe(f): 3:45am On Jul 28, 2010
To all lagosians this topic can be used as petition why dont one of u print it out and handed over to the lastma boss and Fashola. That can maybe change things for u on the lagos roads. Do something about it and stop complaing about it. U have to act if u want a better 9ja.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Was Forcefully Innitiated Into Cultism Last Week, Please I Need Help Now. / The Latest On The 4 Uniport Students Killed By Aluu / Video Of A Man Caught Sleeping With Someone's Wife Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.