Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study (5732 Views)

$650m Abuja Medical City Planned By FG / Imagine Obasanjo, Bakare As Revolutionaries- Editor, the Nation newspaper / The Greatest Pan-Africanist/Revolutionaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by Onlytruth(m): 4:42am On Jul 20, 2010
[size=16pt]Jan ‘66 Coup Planned by Revolutionaries, Says Study[/size]

Forty-four years after the January 15, 1966 coup, a team of researchers from the University of Southern Florida, United States, yesterday faulted the widely held belief that the action was masterminded by the Igbos, saying that it was not an Igbo coup.

The study revealed that the coup was organized by revolutionaries who were motivated by events that took place in the Democratic Republic of Congo that led to the death of Patrice Lumumba.
They also pointed out that the intention was to make the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo the Prime Minister, stop the mayhem in the West and the genocide in Tiv land.

Addressing newsmen in Enugu yesterday as part of activities lined up for the planned anniversary of the 1966 coup, a member of the group and Conflict scholar, Emma Okocha, said the revelation was the outcome of a 22-year study undertaken by the team of scholars from the university on the subject matter.

He described as unfortunate, the way and manner General Theophilus Danjuma, who was then the Chief Security Officer to late Aguiyi Ironsi had told the story, insinuating that it is the root cause of Igbo marginalization in the country.
Okocha said that he is prepared to face the retired general in a debate to prove that Ndigbo never masterminded the coup.
According to him, declassified information from some US Libraries and Nigerian Police reports about the end purpose of the coup, indicated that Ndigbo never executed it. He added that it was Igbos that stopped the coup.

“The January 15 coup was organized by revolutionalists who were motivated by the events that took place in Congo, the murder of Lumumba and the end purpose of that coup was to install as Prime Minister of Nigeria, the late Obafemi Awolowo and the immediate impact of that coup was to stop the mayhem in the Western part and the genocide in the Tiv land.

“We have studied critically the actors and we have had literature review and we may be rewriting the Nigeria history because it is only the lost tribe that allows its literature to be written by others. I will like the respected media of Nigeria to organize a serious debate between Emma Okocha, one of the conflict scholars with another actor in the series of the Nigerian coup who has continuously accused the Igbo of being the masterminds of the January 15 coup: General Danjuma. I need him to come around for a debate so that we end this thing and rewrite the obscure and unkind history of Nigeria that put the Igbos as the masterminds of that coup,” he said.

The scholar alleged that Asaba, Delta State where he hails from was victimized to the extent that it lost its best. He added that declassified information on the event has shown how the people were massacred.
“In fact the January 15 coup is a fathom of Igbo coup and I still maintain that Major Kaduna Nzeogwu was not Igbo. He was a Hausa boy. Asaba was victimized to such a catastrophic scale that the crème of the Asaba generation of 1966 were wiped out.

“Infact the in-law to the Babangidas, the man who came to read the welcome address for the passing soldiers, Mr. Okobo was massacred. As I am talking to you now, I lost my father, I lost my family and anybody who said I should be afraid of those who killed my people is talking a marine story. I have here letter of those who perpetrated the act because they thought Nzeogwu came from Asaba, that Nzeogwu was Igbo that he killed their own brother generals. But our study, especially with the 22-year that have elapsed with the declassification of information on this coup have proved that it was not an Igbo coup,” he said.
The scholar who claimed to have written several books on conflicts in Africa stated that it would be “madness” for Ndigbo to have staged the coup since they were in control of the affairs of the country.

“Eastern Nigeria had a lot of peace at the time, they didn’t lead a coup; the Igbos were Commander-in-Chief, the President of the Senate, they had two regions out of the four in that federal set up. So it would be madness for an Igboman to offset a structure that favoured them. So our analysis, scientific studies have proved beyond reasonable doubt that the January 15 coup was probably the last Nigerian revolution," he argued.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=178715
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by EzeUche(m): 4:45am On Jul 20, 2010
Thank you! An independent review that was not sponsored by Nigerians.

Now I know people can't deny it since, we now have a unbiased view on the situation.

See we even wanted to make Obafemi Awolowo Prime Minister. See we Igbos believed in One Nigeria. I think we have been vindicated.
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by Onlytruth(m): 4:47am On Jul 20, 2010
Where is Katsumoto and his crew of holocaust deniers.
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by EzeUche(m): 4:49am On Jul 20, 2010
Just like the Armenians have waited for the international community to recognize the genocide committed against them, so will we Igbos.

The British have blood on their hands as well just like the Belgium have blood on their hands in Rwanda.
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by Onlytruth(m): 5:13am On Jul 20, 2010

“The January 15 coup was organized by revolutionalists who were motivated by the events that took place in Congo, the murder of Lumumba and the end purpose of that coup was to install as Prime Minister of Nigeria, the late Obafemi Awolowo and the immediate impact of that coup was to stop the mayhem in the Western part and the genocide in the Tiv land.

This is the gist of it!

I and many others have said it here several times that Awolowo was the intended beneficiary of that coup. How that man, the Yorubas and the Tivs could wage the type of war against Easterners (Biafrans) who were trying to help them, is the biggest betrayal of all time.

I just can't understand how they could do it.
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by koruji(m): 5:17am On Jul 20, 2010
@EzeUche
Did you take time to finish the story. If you did, you will see that it disagrees with your statement below:

Quote:  “In fact the January 15 coup is a fathom of Igbo coup and I still maintain that Major Kaduna Nzeogwu was not Igbo. He was a Hausa boy.

Quote: “Eastern Nigeria had a lot of peace at the time, they didn’t lead a coup; the Igbos were Commander-in-Chief, the President of the Senate, they had two regions out of the four in that federal set up. So it would be madness for an Igboman to offset a structure that favoured them. So our analysis, scientific studies have proved beyond reasonable doubt that the January 15 coup was probably the last Nigerian revolution," he argued.

So now, Nzeogwu is a Hausa boy, and the Igbos did not lead the coup.

These documents that were scientifically studied: whose names are contained in them? These documents should be scanned and made available to everyone who care to read it - personally I will scour it, if only to understand where we took the wrong turn. Can we at least get a link to a paper summarizing the study? Surely, a 22-year study must produce some literature trail.

In addition, this is the second time I am hearing this new storyline that the "coup plotters", aka revolutionaries, were trying to make Awo the prime minister - soon this would be transformed to "Awo sponsored" the coup. As Yorubas would say: "E ni to ma pa ro a ni eleri oun wa lorun" i.e. "those about to lie would claim their witness is dead".

What happened to the Igbos should be an object of national remembrance, but both the leaders we have had so far, and a large section in the East that refuse to wake up from the Biafran dream would not let it be.

Also, the person telling this story is named Emeka Okocha - I don't know if he is Igbo, but that doesn't suggest an independent and unbiased study to me.

In any case, the only benefit we can get from our histroy are the lessons we learn from it.

EzeUche:

Thank you! An independent review that was not sponsored by Nigerians.

Now I know people can't deny it since, we now have a unbiased view on the situation.

See we even wanted to make Obafemi Awolowo Prime Minister. See we Igbos believed in One Nigeria. I think we have been vindicated.
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by Onlytruth(m): 5:17am On Jul 20, 2010

“Eastern Nigeria had a lot of peace at the time, they didn’t lead a coup; the Igbos were Commander-in-Chief, the President of the Senate, they had two regions out of the four in that federal set up. So it would be madness for an Igboman to offset a structure that favoured them. So our analysis, scientific studies have proved beyond reasonable doubt that the January 15 coup was probably the last Nigerian revolution," he argued.

The cold, sad and hard bottom line fact!

Those who are calling for a revolution today should first go and face Emma Okocha in a debate.

I thank God he challenged Danjuma to a debate. He is still alive. We are waiting. . . cool
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by EzeUche(m): 5:17am On Jul 20, 2010
The Tiv are getting what they deserve. I think the Jukon their rival ethnic group are targeting them.

Awolowo is dead, he could not speak for all Yorubas as we all know.

It is sad though. And the victors of the war, tried to spend it another angle.
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by bkbabe97: 5:44am On Jul 20, 2010
EzeUche:

The Tiv are getting what they deserve. I think the Jukon their rival ethnic group are targeting them.

Awolowo is dead, he could not speak for all Yorubas as we all know.

It is sad though. And the victors of the war, tried to spend it another angle.

Ezeuche, come on boy, your smarter than this crap! Nobody says they werent Revolutionaries, but the point is THEY WERE IBOS!!!

Onlytruth:

[size=16pt]Jan ‘66 Coup Planned by Revolutionaries, Says Study[/size]

Addressing newsmen in Enugu yesterday as part of activities lined up for the planned anniversary of the 1966 coup, a member of the group [/b]and Conflict scholar, [b]Emma Okocha, said the revelation was the outcome of a 22-year study undertaken by the team of scholars from the university on the subject matter.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=178715

To make sure I aint come on your talking shiyyyt I asked two people (even though I figure correctly) where EMMA OKOCHA (who says he hails from Delta State) could be from,and the emphatic answer was:"HE HIS UNDENIABLY IBO"!!!!lol.

So, Professor Ignoramustus, EMMA OKOCHA, AN IBO MAN, does this super secret research and he comes up with the following:

A. The coup was not carried out by Ibos

B. Major Nzeogwu was Hausa? shocked (kinda puts a hole in your praises for this "great Ibo son", eh, dont u think Ezeuche?)

C. The Ibos were really fighting for the Yorubas (whom they hate and detest so much)! They wanted peace in the West and wanted Mr. Awo as Prime Minister! ROFLMAO!!!!

D.All the Ibos listed in historical documents as the coup plotters were really. . . . . . MARTIANS?!?!

DO U NOW SEE WHY PEOPLE DISTRUST YALL? WHY PEOPLE THINK YOU GUYS (not u personally, Ezeuche) ARE DECEITFUL, CONNIVING, BLOODSUCKERS WITHOUT AN OUNCE OF CONSCIENCE? IF PEOPLE THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO BE RESPECTED ACADEMICIANS/ HISTORIANS COME TRYING TO PULL THE WOOL OVER OUR FACES. . . . . ? WHY TELL SUCH BLATANT LIES? LIKE, U THINK THE REST OF THE WORLD IS SO STU.PI.D? SEE NOW WHY YALL AINT NEVER TAKEN SERIOUSLY!?!?

P.S: Dont be surprised if Mr. Emma Okocha is revealed to be Eziachi or Onlytruth!!!! grin
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 20, 2010
Onlytruth:

This is the gist of it!

I and many others have said it here several times that Awolowo was the intended beneficiary of that coup. How that man, the Yorubas and the Tivs could wage the type of war against Easterners (Biafrans) who were trying to help them, is the biggest betrayal of all time.

I just can't understand how they could do it.

I laugh in Ngwa

ibos are denying Nzeogwu already. How long has it been?
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by bkbabe97: 5:54am On Jul 20, 2010
koruji:

These documents that were scientifically studied: whose names are contained in them? These documents should be scanned and made available to everyone who care to read it - personally I will scour it, if only to understand where we took the wrong turn. Can we at least get a link to a paper summarizing the study? Surely, a 22-year study must produce some literature trail.

Was gonna ask the same thing!!! And to think this Onlytruth Onlylies guy proudly, and moronically, post this crap up here!!!lol
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by bkbabe97: 6:14am On Jul 20, 2010
The first military coup in the country on January 15, 1966. Codenamed “Operation Damisa,” “Operation Leopard,” Major Adewale Ademoyega, alongside other officers like Majors Don Okafor, Chris Anuforo and Humphrey Chukwuka were said to have assisted Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna who led the Lagos angle of the coup spearheaded by Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu. As it later turned out, the coup failed.

The coup took the lives of Nigeria’s first civilian Prime Minister, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, former premier of Northern region and Saudauna of Sokoto, Alhaji Ahmadu Bello, and former premier of Western region, Chief Ladoke Akintola, among others. The military officers shot on the night of January 14, 1966 were Brigadier Ademulegun, Colonels Ralphs Shodeinde, Pam, Abogo Largema, Chris Unegbe and Zakari Maimalari.

Some Nigerians were of the view that had the First Republic not been truncated with that coup, perhaps Nigeria’s democracy would have purged itself of its alleged bad features. Some others said the coup was racial; that it was an Igbo affair and that the only Yoruba officer involved, Ademoyega, [/b]was roped in.

[b] President Olusegun Obasanjo is one person who would insist there was no rationale for the 1966 coup. The late Ademoyega himself said this much in his memoir. He recalled that he was greeted with the rudest shock of his life when he visited the then General Obasanjo at Dodan Barracks, Lagos in February 1976, after he took over as head of state following the death of General Murtala Muhammed in another military coup on February 13, 1976. According to Ademoyega, Obasanjo assembled all the staff in his office and parading him before them he lampooned him and lectured him on how their ‘unpatriotic act’ plunged Nigeria into civil war.

http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=9670
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by Onlytruth(m): 7:51am On Jul 20, 2010
So basically, Nigeria had her first and only revolution in January 1966. It failed. For failing, 50 - 100,000 Igbos and Easterners lost their lives. They were killed by their neighbors and hosts in other parts of Nigeria.
The painful aspect of this is that the people who were to benefit more from the coup -Western Nigerians (Yoruba) and some middle belters (TIV in Benue state)- participated in the killing of innocent Igbo men and women scattered all over Nigeria. They also played leading roles in the war against Biafra.

Truth is indomitable.
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by Onlytruth(m): 7:55am On Jul 20, 2010
God is God.  He cannot be deceived and he hardly forgives crimes committed against the innocent. For Nigeria to even dream of normalcy, we must revisit January 1966 coup.

Thank God that these information are declassified and available. We are nearing the hour of truth in Nigeria.

Danjuma should take up the debate challenge. We need him to come clean for once.
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by Okijajuju1(m): 8:03am On Jul 20, 2010
Why wouldnt we let bygones be by gones. We are thinking of 2011 and we are being drawn back to 1966.
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by Onlytruth(m): 8:11am On Jul 20, 2010
Okija_juju:

Why wouldnt we let bygones be by gones. We are thinking of 2011 and we are being drawn back to 1966.

That is how we've been standing still for 40 years. You think these things would go away on their own without any attempt to address them? Is that how much you understand life and nation building?
Millions of innocent people died in a war that was basically imposed on them, and you are here wishing for bygones.

I can assure you that 2011 will be a failure just like all the other years between 1970 and now.

Africa is particulary backward because we let "bygones be bygones". If we allow murderers to escape and turn up as leaders, what type of leaders would they make? What type of a country would they create?

I'll tell you: a country of impunity where a leader can order villages wiped out and blow $18 billion,and yet walk around free as if nothing happened, and even claim to be the founder of "modern Nigeria".

Just remain in Okija shrine. . . We'll soon clear out all stoopid idols from Igboland.
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by Cohomology: 8:15am On Jul 20, 2010
Onlytruth:

God is God.  He cannot be deceived and he hardly forgives crimes committed against the innocent. For Nigeria to even dream of normalcy, we must revisit January 1966 coup.

Thank God that these information are declassified and available. We are nearing the hour of truth in Nigeria.

Danjuma should take up the debate challenge. We need him to come clean for once.

Onlytruth,

Thank you for the above post and also for the original post.

Nigeria will continue in the doldrums until the issues concerning the January 15, 1966 coup and the subsequent civil war are addressed. Meanwhile, every available statistics from sources within and outside Nigeria clearly show that the South East geopolitical zone is ahead of every other geopolitical zone in every index of human development, including education, wealth and health.

Ka chukwu gozie Umu Igbo!
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by Cohomology: 8:24am On Jul 20, 2010
Okija_juju:

Sharpeville massacre was in 1960, fifty years ago, and no black South African has forgotten about it, even today with a black president another documentary is being planned in honor of that fateful day.

Eventful historical dates can never be wished away.
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 20, 2010
Onlytruth:

That is how we've been standing still for 40 years. You think these things would go away on their own without any attempt to address them? Is that how much you understand life and nation building?
Millions of innocent people died in a war that was basically imposed on them, and you are here wishing for bygones.

I can assure you that 2011 will be a failure just like all the other years between 1970 and now.

Africa is particulary backward because we let "bygones be bygones". If we allow murderers to escape and turn up as leaders, what type of leaders would they make? What type of a country would they create?

I'll tell you: a country of impunity where a leader can order villages wiped out and blow $18 billion,and yet walk around free as if nothing happened, and even claim to be the founder of "modern Nigeria".

Just remain in Okija shrine. . . We'll soon clear out all stoopid idols from Igboland.

Address what exactly? please educate me. Did only ibos died in the war? A few days ago, your fellow iboman was here boasting on this forum how his father sent Yorubas to their early graves.
Are those not human beings? What exactly does ibos want? Apology, reparation? please tell me.

I personally don't think Nigeria owes you anything! If at all, Ndigbo needs to aplogise to Nigerians for Ojukwu's intransigence and his stubborn determination to declare a senseless war.
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by bkbabe97: 8:37am On Jul 20, 2010
THE LIST IS CULLED FROM THE OFFICIAL DOCUMENT WHICH, MOST LIKELY, YOUR CRAZY, LYING, IBO PROFESSOR USED TO REACH HIS ASTONISHING CONCLUSION! slowpoke! IF THE JAN.1966 WAS NOT AN IBO COUP, THEN THE JULY 1966 WAS NOT AN HAUSA ONE EITHER!

List of the Non-Ibo coup plotters of Jan.1966

(1) Major C.K. Nzeogwu       )NMTC

(2) Major T. Onwatuegwu  )NMTC

(3) Captain G. Ude ) NMTC

(4) 2/Lt. S. R. Omeruah      )3rd Bn NA - "C" Coy

(5) 2/Lt. D.K. Waribor       )

(6) Capt. B. Gbulie          )at the time in command of lst and 2nd Field Squadron NAE

(7) 2/Lt. Ileabachi          )

(cool 2/Lt. Kpera              ) lst Field Sqn NAE

(9) 2/Lt. P. Ogoegbunam Ibik   )

(10) Lieut. E. Okafor        )

(11) 2/Lt. Ezedima           ) 2nd Field Sqn NAE

(12) 2/Lt. H.O.D. EGHAGHA    

(13) Ammunition Service Depot (ASD) -2/Lt. Ileabachi

(14) P & T Telephone Exchange       -2/Lt. P. Ogoegbunam Ibik

(15) N.B.C. House                   -2/Lt. Kpera

(16) BCNN Radio & TV Station        -2/Lt. Ezedima

(17) State House                    -2/Lt. Okafor

(18) Road Blocks on Kachia Road near PMF Barracks -2/Lt. Eghagha

136. In addition, Capt. Gbulie was instructed to rouse the following officers to inform them of what was taking place and to ask for support:

(1) Capt. P. Anakwe - 1 Bde Staff Capt. "A"

(2) Major A.A. Keshi - Brigade Major

(3) Capt. L. Dillibe - 1 Bde Staff Capt. "Q"

(4) Lieut. J.C. Ojukwu - 1 Recce Squadron NA

(5) Lieut. Ikeachor

(6} Lieut. Mohammed Eandiya

(1) Assassination of Alh Sir Ahmadu Bello

Major C.K. Nzeogwu

2/Lt. K.D. Waribor

2/Lt. S.E. Omeruah

Capt. G. Ude

(2) Assassination of Brigadier S. Ademulegun

Major T. Onwatuegwu

(3) Assassination of Colonel R.A. Shodeinde

2/Lt. K.D. Waribor

(4) Abduction of Sir Kashim Ibrahim

Major T. Onwatuegwu

(5)  Abduction of Makaman Bida - Regional Finance Minister

Major C.K. Nzeogwu

138. After the officers had been briefed they were sent to join their men and to proceed immediately with the execution of the tasks allotted to them. It is not clear whether or not Major Nzeogwu instructed the officers to inform their men of what was afoot. It is certain that the men of 3rd Battalion who were to be used for the attack of the Premier's Lodge were not briefed. It is equally certain that Capt. Gbulie addressed all the men of the Engineers under his command and spoke to them along the lines in which Major Nzeogwu had briefed the officers.

139. Immediately after the "O" Group, senior NCOs of all units represented were sent to the 3~Tonner containing the ammunition and order to draw ammunition for their men. In the case of the "C" company this raised a problem. The men believed the exercise to be finished and a number of them queried the reason why they should be issued with live ammunition. This was explained to them by 2/Lt. Waribor who told them that they were proceeding on Internal Security Operations.

140. After the issue of ammunition had been completed, the entire force left the exercise area and proceeded to its allotted targets.

141. The following officers and ORs have been identified as having been involved in the attack on the Premier's Lodge:

Officers

(1) Major C .K. Nzeogwu - NMTC

(2) 2/Lt. K.D. Waribor - "C" Coy, 3rd BN NA

(3) 2/Lt. S.E. Omeruah - "

(4) Capt. G. Ude

Other ranks

(1) NA 18147406 Sgt. Husa Kanga - NMTC

(2) NA l8149900  Sgt Yakubu Adebiyi  - NMTC

(3) Sgt Duromola Oyegoke . NMTC

(4) NA 5888 Pte. Ogbole Agwu - 3rd Bn NA

(5) NA 2405 Pte Bello Mbulla  - 3rd Bn NA

(6) NA 18151763 L/Cpl . Samuel Amajo - 3rd Bn NA

(7) NA 18151319 L/Cpl  Danyo Mbulla - 3rd Bn NA

(cool NA 5684     Pte. Abu Odiedier - 3rd Bn NA

(9) NA 18148998 Pte  Lekoja Gidan-Jibrin - 3rd Bn NA

(10) NA 163287   Cp1. Bako Lamundo   - 3rd Bn NA

(11) NA 5860 Pte. Joseph Wadu Goji -3rd Bn NA

(12) NA 1982 Pte. Alexander Agbe - 3rd Bn NA

(13) NA 18151864 Pte Lagwin Goshit - 3rd Bn NA

(14) NA 18266006 Pte Augustine Oguche Agbo - 3rd Bn NA

(15) NA 634212   Pte Effiong Atkinson - 3rd Bn NA

(16) NA 18147284 Cpl. Tunana Bangir - 3rd Bn NA

(17) NA 18l49368 Cpl. Abibo Elf - 3rd Bn NA

(18) NA 18151873 Pte. Uguman Monogi - 3rd Bn NA

(19) NA 1562 Pte Felako Kwa - 3rd Bn NA

(20) NA 18149363 Cpl. Reuben Nwagwugwu - 3rd Bn NA

(20) NA 502542 Cpl. Yakubu Kaje - 3rd Bn NA

(21) NA 505092 L/Cpl. Mamis Hundu - 3rd Bn NA

(22) NA 18151861 L/Cpl Thaddens Thamyil Tsenyi1 - 3rd Bn NA

(23) NA l8148269 L/Cpl Issna1m Tayapa - 3rd Bn NA

(24) NA 18148272 L/Cpl Ali Shendam - 3rd Bn NA

(25) NA 18151771 Pte. Usuman Gabure - 3rd Bn NA

(26) NA 18149613 Pte Emmanue1 Ekwueme - 3rd Bn NA

(27) NA 4887 Pte Erastus Nakito - 3rd Bn NA

(29) NA 3659 Pte Jonathan Anahiri - 3rd Bn NA

155. The following have been identified as having been involved in the killing of this senior officer and his wife at No.1, Kashim Ibrahim Road, Kaduna at approximately 0200 hours on 15 January 1966:-

(1) Major Timothy Onwatuegwu (NMTC)

(2) NA 18265005 Spr. Yakubu Dungo 2 Fd. Sgn. NAE

(3) NA 18266079 L/Cpl . Lawrence Akuma 2 Fd. Sgn. NAE

(4)    Spr. Raphael O1atunde 2 Fd. Sgn. NAE

(5) James Aluta 2 Fd. Sgn. NAE

(6) Emmanuel Udo 2 Fd. Sgn. NAE

(7) Simon Agi 2 Fd. Sgn. NAE

(cool Felix 0. {Snu) 2 Fd. Sgn. NAE {now NMTC)

(9) L/Cpl . Mu1i {Snu) 2 Fd. Sgn. NAE {now NMTC)

(10) NMT Cp1. Yakubu Bako 1 Fd. Sgn. NAE

(11) Spr. Mathew Asanya  1 Fd. Sgn. NAE

(12) Joseph Odion   1 Fd. Sgn. NAE

(13) Spr. Henry Va1ia 1 Fd. Sgn. NAE

(14) NA 18149929 Pte. Geofrey Eborendu 1 Bde. Tpt Coy NASC

ASSASSINATION OF COLONEL R.A. SHODEINDE

161. The only persons positively identified as having been involved in the murder of this senior officer are the following:-

(l) Major C.K. Nzeogwu - NMTC

(2) Major T. Onwatuegwu - NMTC

(3) Lieut. G.E. Nwokedi - NMTC

THE NIGERIAN AIR FORCE

179. Although not directly involved in any of the incidents reported on in this document, there is no doubt that the Nigerian Air Force played a comparatively important role in the rebellion under the command of 2/Lt. Godfrey Ikechukwu Amuchienwa of the Military Training and Security Squadron NAF at Kaduna.

http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/nigeria_facts/MilitaryRule/Omoigui/1966Coup-PartThree.html
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 20, 2010
bk/babe

They only see what they want to see, that is their problem. What type of revolution wipes out leaders of one section of a country while leaders of another section conveniently escaped.

Address ko, envelope ni.
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by Onlytruth(m): 8:49am On Jul 20, 2010
Cohomology:

Onlytruth,

Thank you for the above post and also for the original post.

Nigeria will continue in the doldrums until the issues concerning the January 15, 1966 coup and the subsequent civil war are addressed. Meanwhile, every available statistics from sources within and outside Nigeria clearly show that the South East geopolitical zone is ahead of every other geopolitical zone in every index of human development, including education, wealth and health.

Ka chukwu gozie Umu Igbo!

Thank you for standing up for the truth bro. wink

Some posters here want us to sweep 50 - 100,000 lives under the carpet and build on their innocent blood and graves. Why are black people always in a hurry to forget the past?
How can any rational person expect a different future if gory things in the past are unaddressed?

Africa is backward exactly because of this.
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by Onlytruth(m): 8:57am On Jul 20, 2010
Cohomology:

Sharpeville massacre was in 1960, fifty years ago, and no black South African has forgotten about it, even today with a black president another documentary is being planned in honor of that fateful day.

Eventful historical dates can never be wished away.

Israel is still hunting for Nazi genociders everywhere in the world. These folks commited murder between 1939 and 1945 (65 years ago!).  Yet they are still being brought to justice.

I am more concerned because I see people like Prof Nwabueze beginning to call for another revolution. I became alarmed by his call because he is educated and knows the history of Nigeria . Apparently he didn't know this one.

A foreign university research has proven that the January 1966 coup was a failed revolution.  Between 50 to 100 thousand Igbos and Eastern Nigerians lost their lives because of this failed revolution.
FACT.
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by bkbabe97: 9:13am On Jul 20, 2010
Onlytruth:

A foreign university research has proven that the January 1966 coup was a failed revolution.  Between 50 to 100 thousand Igbos and Eastern Nigerians lost their lives because of this failed revolution.
FACT.

Foreign University indeed! The only "researcher" we're hearing from is an Ibo man that is crying about how his family was killed by the Hausas!lol. These Ibo men are straight loco!

Aigbofa:

bk/babe

They only see what they want to see, that is their problem. What type of revolution wipes out leaders of one section of a country while leaders of another section conveniently escaped.

Address ko, envelope ni.

Another study just came out on the July 1966 coup. click on link below! I guess historical studies are just popping up from nowhere! Watch the Biafrans flee from the topic below!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-482179.0.html#msg6415877
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by Onlytruth(m): 9:14am On Jul 20, 2010
I noticed that people like Katsumoto are playing dead, while others are busy putting up diversionary threads trying HARD to suppress this one.

It only tells me that these folks are unrepentant, and that should advise those wishing that we let "bygones be bygones".

The Igbo say that one stick in the bush should not pluck more than one eye. The moment it plucks the first eye, a wise man breaks it off!
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by Onlytruth(m): 9:18am On Jul 20, 2010

“We have studied critically the actors and we have had literature review and we may be rewriting the Nigeria history because it is only the lost tribe that allows its literature to be written by others. I will like the respected media of Nigeria to organize a serious debate between Emma Okocha, one of the conflict scholars with another actor in the series of the Nigerian coup who has continuously accused the Igbo of being the masterminds of the January 15 coup: General Danjuma. I need him to come around for a debate so that we end this thing and rewrite the obscure and unkind history of Nigeria that put the Igbos as the masterminds of that coup,” he said.

And we are waiting for that debate.
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by bkbabe97: 9:20am On Jul 20, 2010
No, I'm not putting up "diversionary threads", its just that since it seems like we're now in the business of twisting history and lying thru our teeth, who says u guys hold the monopoly on being freaking, despicable, lying, im.b.eciles? I just put up my own study which I found, thats all. . . . .
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by bkbabe97: 9:22am On Jul 20, 2010
Onlytruth:

And we are waiting for that debate.

And we're waiting for u to get ur head checked! there's the list of the Coup Plotters up there: HOW THE HELL ARE THEY NOT IBO? HOW THE HELL IS MAJ.NZEOGWU NOT IBO? shocked
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by Onlytruth(m): 9:24am On Jul 20, 2010
I will keep this thread alive for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.  cool For now I will make sure that sponsored wild animals don't derail it.
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by bkbabe97: 9:29am On Jul 20, 2010
Onlytruth:

I will keep this thread alive for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.  cool For now I will make sure that sponsored wild animals don't derail it.

Why, to remind the rest of us why we righfully think u and your kin are deceitful, conniving, SOBs?

To make sure I aint come on your talking shiyyyt I asked two people (even though I figured correctly) where EMMA OKOCHA (who says he hails from Delta State) could be from,and the emphatic answer was:"HE HIS UNDENIABLY IBO"!!!!lol.

So, Professor Ignoramustus, EMMA OKOCHA, AN IBO MAN, does this super secret research and he comes up with the following:

A. The coup was not carried out by Ibos

B. Major Nzeogwu was Hausa? shocked (kinda puts a hole in your praises for this "great Ibo son", eh, dont u think Ezeuche?)

C. The Ibos were really fighting for the Yorubas (whom they hate and detest so much)! They wanted peace in the West and wanted Mr. Awo as Prime Minister! ROFLMAO!!!!

D.All the Ibos listed in historical documents as the coup plotters were really. . . . . . MARTIANS?!?!

DO U NOW SEE WHY PEOPLE DISTRUST YALL? WHY PEOPLE THINK YOU GUYS (not u personally, Ezeuche) ARE DECEITFUL, CONNIVING, BLOODSUCKERS WITHOUT AN OUNCE OF CONSCIENCE? IF PEOPLE THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO BE RESPECTED ACADEMICIANS/ HISTORIANS COME TRYING TO PULL THE WOOL OVER OUR FACES. . . . . ? WHY TELL SUCH BLATANT LIES? LIKE, U THINK THE REST OF THE WORLD IS SO STU.PI.D? SEE NOW WHY YALL AINT NEVER TAKEN SERIOUSLY!?!?

P.S: Dont be surprised if Mr. Emma Okocha is revealed to be Eziachi or Onlytruth!!!! grin
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by kildran: 9:33am On Jul 20, 2010
To say that the coup was led for sectional purposes is a lie. I happen to know for a fact that Major Kaduna Nzeogwu ran to Awolowo's home town in Ikenne when the coup was unsuccessful. He was actually captured in Dr. Tai Solarin's house. Obafemi Awolowo would have been the greatest beneficiary of the coup. . Before you get on my case don't forget I am not Igbo.
Re: Jan ‘66 Coup Planned By Revolutionaries, Says Study by bkbabe97: 9:38am On Jul 20, 2010
kildran:

To say that the coup was led for sectional purposes is a lie. I happen to know for a fact that Major Kaduna Nzeogwu ran to Awolowo's home town in Ikenne when the coup was unsuccessful. He was actually captured in Dr. Tai Solarin's house. Obafemi Awolowo would have been the greatest beneficiary of the coup. . Before you get on my case don't forget I am not Igbo.  

And You "happen to know for a fac[/b]t" becus when he "ran" to his house, he hit u up on the Celly to tell u he was there or he sent u a text message telling you he was hiding under Mr.Awolowo's bed? Dude, go smoke some crack and get off this thread! Retard! What has the fact that he ran to a certain nigga's house for refuge got to do with the lies that all of a sudden [b]MAJ. NZEOGWU IS NOT IBO or that[b] EVEN THOUGH THE PLOTTERS HAD IBO NAMES [/b]we are now being told to believe that majority of the plotters wasnt IBO?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking News: Building Just Collapsed In Awka / After The Kano Mosque Attack, Is Islam And Muslims Still To Blame For BH / RE: Spot The Difference Buhari’s UK Trip ;PDP Lies Busted Again . Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.