Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Ribudu V. Goodluck - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribudu V. Goodluck (777 Views)

Nigeria Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan "Shehu Shagari" / President Goodluck Inspects The 'completed Map' Of 2nd Niger Brigde. (pics) / 'A Silent Revolution Is Taking Place In Lagos' - Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribudu V. Goodluck by Ikengawo: 6:54am On Jul 21, 2010
who would you vote for if the election came down to these two?
Re: Ribudu V. Goodluck by kokooro(m): 9:31am On Jul 21, 2010
Ribadu of course.
Re: Ribudu V. Goodluck by sjeezy8: 9:51am On Jul 21, 2010
hmmm I like ribadu more but these militants wont stop talking soo goodluck.
Re: Ribudu V. Goodluck by houvest: 10:00am On Jul 21, 2010
depends on the packages for nigeria they have
Re: Ribudu V. Goodluck by Duroe: 11:05am On Jul 21, 2010
I cannot decide until I know what their programs are. What is Goodluck's manifesto? Electricity, good roads, jobs, security etc? Nigerians may never learn. All these are the symptoms of our main disease which is imperfect federation which needs to be corrected first. Yes any serious govt may be able to provide electricity etc but one main problem is maintenance and preventing the greedy hawks from taking us back to square 1.
I will vote for whoever is willing to get us back to true federalism where the federating units are the one to give share of their resources to the centre, have the full control over their land area, constitutionally empowered to govern the affairs of the local govt, generate and distribute own electricity, provide education, health, jobs for their inahbitants, the chief security officers (governors) heading their own security council- sate/regional police, more accoutable to their own people instead of being accountable to Abuja etc.
Re: Ribudu V. Goodluck by Duroe: 11:16am On Jul 21, 2010
The present 36 states and the new ones the politicians are planning to create are just job creation for politicians. With more governors over states who cannot sustain themselves economically, more commissioners post and several others will be created and more resources spent on oiling the machinery of govt instead of creating jobs for the masses.
I will support a President who will take steps to reduce the number of states by merging contiguous, ethnically homogenous ones that are not able to sustain themselves economically with locally generated revenues.
We may be able to do with Lagos state, western state (all other states in the west), Niger delta (rivers, bayelsa, akwa ibom, cross river), midwestern (Delta and Edo), North west, North central, North East as federating units. Each ethnic groups could be accommodated with own local govt areas, e.g Egba, Ijebu, etc local govts. Each mini- ethnic group could be made into a constituency etc.
The big federating units can then decide if to create another one from them by consideriing the economic viability and not political influence or military fiat as it is today.
Re: Ribudu V. Goodluck by Duroe: 11:26am On Jul 21, 2010
The fight against corruption can then be fought mainly at the level of each federating units instead of Abuja being the one primarily fighting corruption. We will deal with our governor/ local govt chairman by ourself. Abuja will also lose the power to persecute any federating units like OBJ did to Tinubu. The local people should be able to ask their local govt, state govt to account for the money generated and how it's being spent. The govts in turn will not be able to give excuse of not getting allocation from Abuja to cover up. Each federating units will also be able to determine its own developmental needs as it obtained in the first republic.
Abuja too will not be very attractive to the thieving politicians fighting over the affairs of their pockets in the name of zoning and hypocritical proclaimed desire to help better the lots of the masses.

BUT I KNOW ALL THESE IS NOT POSSIBLE IN NIGERIA EXCEPT THEIR IS AN ARMED REVOLUTION WHO IS READY TO DO THE RIGHT THING. The politicians will do everything to saveguard their source of income which is looting govt treasury in the name of siphoning allocations, inflated contracts, nepotism etc.
Re: Ribudu V. Goodluck by Gbawe: 11:30am On Jul 21, 2010
Ribadu.

Jonathan , to me , is simply "more of the same" . He does not have the will, track record or principles to fight corruption - our nations number one enemy . He is already doing precisely what Yar Adua did to get Nigeria ostracised  and sidelined by developed nations . I.e protecting the corrupt plus utilising the most corrupt and ruinous hands , regardless of what the world thinks , to further his own personal agenda. The USA were quick to accept Jonathan . They thought he may be different to Yar Adua and other corruption-friendly Nigerian leaders.

Many of us knew the romance would not last given what we know of Jonathan. Was it not the same Jonathan, along with Akunyili, who was strutting about during the Ekiti Guber election and bullying everyone in sight just to ensure a PDP victory so that the Party retains overall control in the SW region?

Was it not the same Jonathan whose wife was arrested by the EFCC for possessing millions in cash? Are we to assume she got the cash without the knowledge of Jonathan?  

The US met with Jonathan and extracted various promises from him in return for full US partnership and assistance for Nigeria. The USA will now be miffed with how they are doing their part while Jonathan drags his feet. Nothing on Halliburton so far. The USA has also moved against those who nearly caused the collapse of Nigeria during the Yar Adua absence saga starting with a visa ban/revokation for Michael Aondoakaa and his family. What has Jonathan done to Aondoakaa, Ruma , Aliero, Murthar, Dambazau, Ojo Madueke et al when the precedence needs to be set that no one should almost destroy Nigeria and walk away unpunished?

What is happening to David Edevbie (former Private secretary to Yar Adua) and those who conspired to sign/forge the national budget while Yar Adua was comatose?

Aondoakaa , disgustingly , is now part of Jonathan's campaign team in a move that will clearly show the USA and others that Jonathan is not principled or the man to even put Nigeria on the path of greatness. Others like Ruma, Aliero are sitting ducks because they are mired in so much corruption , treasonous misconduct and filth. Yet Jonathan cannot even make some of them scapegoats to show that he will be a leader who will not tolerate overt corruption, criminality and treasonous behaviour !!!!

It is said that Jonathan agreed to the USA's demand for the removal of Waziri and the reformation of the EFCC to make it more effective and less partisan . Till date nothing . We all know Waziri is grossly corrupt and a friend of the corrupt . It only makes sense Jonathan is retaining her so she can shake down folks like IBB to 'clear' the way  !!!!

There is far too many evidence of Jonathan's lack of will to prosectute a robust fight against corruption.

As per performance in Office , what has Jonathan done aside talk? Has he not had enough time to have had a solid impact? Instead Jonathan is too busy strategizing for next year while totally ignoring Nigeria's urgent needs in the clearest demonstration that he is not a departure from previous leaders who do not believe that performance in office sells a candidate better than anything else.

If he wins next year , like Yar Adua , he will spend all his time and Nigeria's resources paying off political favours to the detriment of Nigeria !!!

While Ribadu is no Saint he is far better than Jonathan. There are many men I will back ahead of Ribadu if they were contesting and if they stand a realistic chance of winning . There is also the consideraiton that Nigeria must gain a President who will fight corruption vigorously and  allow our best men and woman to work well for Nigeria unhindered by the cabals and interest groups . That is certainly not Jonathan.

Ribadu makes mistakes but I feel he has learnt from them and grown as a person. His tireless crusade against corruption while in exile and out of office , unlike others who were forced out like Kingibe , shows that Ribadu's love of his nation is enduring and not just an election time fad to get him the next juicy office !!!! Suffice to say that , unlike Jonathan, there is enough basic ingredients in Ribadu that shows he can bravely fight corruption and cabals.

Ribadu fought and brought down powerful men and groups albeit in a misguided attempt at loyally serving a decietful boss (OBJ) . If Ribadu is now working with a well calibrated moral-compass we can trust him to bring the same doggedness he showed in the past. The former EFCC boss would have learnt that you cannot prosecute a partisan fight against corruption. If the two choices were Ribadu and Jonathan , I think most Nigerians will go for Ribadu since Jonathan , coupled with a mediocre and dubious past record , is doing zilch so far .
Re: Ribudu V. Goodluck by TewMuch: 11:30am On Jul 21, 2010
Depends on who has what to offer Nigerians for the country to move forward.A track record of doing a good job is also very important.It should be country first before sentiments.If goodluck doesn't offer anything but talk,and God father's, then he may not be good enough.Presidency is not a birth right.
Re: Ribudu V. Goodluck by Gbawe: 12:06pm On Jul 21, 2010
TewMuch:

Depends on who has what to offer Nigerians for the country to move forward.A track record of doing a good job is also very important.It should be country first before sentiments.If goodluck doesn't offer anything but talk,and God father's, then he may not be good enough.[/b]Presidency is not a birth right.

Precisely. If the choice came down to Ribadu and Jonathan [b]alone
, how many Nigerians will choose Jonathan given that under Ribadu, and even with accusations of partisanship, many corrupt enemies-of-progress were brought to book?

Meanwhile , under Yar Adua and now Jonathan it is sickening free-for-all and unpunished corruption Nigerians are seeing . A dangerous dimension to Jonathan's leadership is that he is comfortable not punishing those who treasonably attempted to bring Nigeria down for their own gain !!! America is disgusted and they have vowed visa ban/sanctions for those who nearly derailed Nigeria during Yar Adua's period of illness. They have begun with Aondoakaa.

Jonathan seems unconcerned even as all of Nigeria will back him to punish all these people and send them to jail as a deterrent . Yet no action. Jonathan can win in 2011 solely via the action of bringing to book most who played a part in risking the unity of Nigeria recently . America is punishing Aondoakaa while jonathan is rehabilitating him and bringing him back to prominence shamelessly so soon after Nigerians saw this evil character attempting to destroy the Country !!!

Ribadu anyday.
Re: Ribudu V. Goodluck by Ikengawo: 6:12pm On Jul 21, 2010
to me ribudu because jonathan has proven to me he lacks enough backbone to run a country like nigeria.

during the whole yar adua fiasco he just laid back and let faith happen to him instead of taking the bull by the horns and doing something like Dora did. He was also a total vagina when it came to the Fifa thing. Imagine the worlds largest black nation capitulating to a soccer club. smfh.

Ribudu on the other hand was persecuted and fought persecution then came out victorious and still alive. He also took his anti corrupt fight to the power structure in nigeria and that's why he was persecuted. This shows the bravery and independence of mind needed to make a huge difference in nigeria. it also helps that his main focus is on anti corruption.
Re: Ribudu V. Goodluck by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 21, 2010
I don't believe they are the two best candidates in the race.
Re: Ribudu V. Goodluck by Jarus(m): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2010
Let thread starter or Mod put up a poll here and see.
Re: Ribudu V. Goodluck by Jarus(m): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ribadu has my vote anyway.
Re: Ribudu V. Goodluck by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ribadu anyday
Re: Ribudu V. Goodluck by EzeUche(m): 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ribadu for now. . . But Goodluck could change my mind if he does right.
Re: Ribudu V. Goodluck by debeginin(m): 7:43am On Jul 22, 2010
Jonathan.Why would I vote Ribadu? Ribadu did nothing but served Obasanjo when he was Effc Chairman. He is a snake.rubbish!
Re: Ribudu V. Goodluck by Nigerd(m): 8:11am On Jul 22, 2010
why waste ur time, compare death and sleep
Re: Ribudu V. Goodluck by calyx: 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2010
if it must be both of them then i opt to disenfranchise myself

(1) (Reply)

Becomerichh, About Yoruba Kingdom Joining With Benin Republic. . . Tell Me More. / Ribadu For President With Oshiomole As Vice-president / Supereagle:yorubas Would Not Back Jonathan,yoruba/igbo/fulani Can Win 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.