Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose (25177 Views)

Minimum Wage: FG Gives Committee 4 Weeks To Adjust Workers’ Salaries / New Minimum Wage: FG Reacts To Labour’s December 31 Deadline / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by ijustdey: 3:56pm On Nov 05, 2018
Immediate past Governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose has said that the federal government must perish the idea of increasing the pump price of petrol from N145 per litre to N185 in March next year.

He said that “Nigerians have suffered enough in the hands of the APC government and won’t accept any further upward review of petrol pump price.”

The former governor, who described the planned increment as a way of taking back of whatever that is added to workers salary as minimum wage increment.

He said; “They are delaying the increment till March
because of its effects on the February 2019 elections.”

Media Aide to the former governor, Lere Olayinka, said in a statement on Monday that the NNPC presentation to the Senate last week that N145 fuel pump price was unrealistic and that the pump price of petrol was supposed to be N185 per litre as against the official price of N145 per litre was a way to prepare the minds of Nigerians for the planned increment.

The Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Mr. Maikanti Baru had told Senate Ad-hoc Committee set up to investigate allegation that the Corporation created a fund to finance fuel subsidy without appropriation by the National Assembly that the NNPC set aside $1.05 billion to augment the differential between the landing cost of imported fuel and the pump price of N145 per litre. He said landing cost of petrol was N185 per litre, pointing out that the N40 gap was being filled with the $1.05 billion Support Fund.

Reacting, Fayose, who said the NNPC must explain to Nigerians where it derived powers to spend $1.05 billion (over N350 billion) from crude oil sales to subsidise petrol, noted that it was unexplainable for any agency of the federal government to spend revenue belonging to the entire country without first remitting the fund into the federation account.

The former governor said it was uncharitable for anyone to draw comparison between the pump price of petrol in West African countries with that of Nigeria without considering cost of living in those countries and whether or not they are oil producing like Nigeria.

He said “smuggling is an outdated excuse for increasing petrol pump price, it will no longer be accepted by Nigerians.

“Nigerians are suffering. Millions of jobs have been lost and even many of those still employed are not gainfully employed. The federal government must not add to the burden of the suffering masses by increasing the pump price of petrol as being planned.”

https://www.independent.ng/minimum-wage-fg-planning-to-increase-petrol-price-to-n185-fayose/amp/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by Ayoemrys(m): 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2018
this one strong o

14 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by davidodiba(m): 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2018
I tried typing Fayose and it gave me False...

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by soliddust2020: 4:02pm On Nov 05, 2018
Minimum wage una no gree increase, naija go bad pass somalia next year if buhari win. I don prepare my duffel bag to leave this country if buhari wins again.

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by Nbote(m): 4:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
Anyone who has sense would know d only thing holding back dis govt from increasing d pump price of petrol is next year's elections.. Nigerians shld jus brace demselves for fuel increase next year afta d elections wen dey know dey have nothing else to lose

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by hisgrace090: 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2018
The tormenting govt again?

So they gave vow that we'll never know peace, God forbid.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by SarkinYarki: 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2018
davidodiba:

Boss are you still in lafia?

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by davidodiba(m): 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Boss are you still in lafia?

Boss, Wetin happen? I hope am safe,

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by SarkinYarki: 4:10pm On Nov 05, 2018
davidodiba:

Boss, Wetin happen? I hope am safe,

Sure Boss..I fit enter Laf next week .
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2018
my guy
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by Imohowo99(m): 4:22pm On Nov 05, 2018
Nawah God ko help us...
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by shortgun(m): 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2018
This Govt is deaf and blind to the suffering of Nigerians.
The only way is to vote them out.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by emmykey0128(m): 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2018
This fayose still get mouth to talk again ehn,y efcc no use stick break hin mouth self ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by JasonScoolari: 4:38pm On Nov 05, 2018
emmykey0128:
This fayose still get mouth to talk again ehn,y efcc no use stick break hin mouth self ?
Drink Dano Milk and stay strong.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by haladadon: 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2018
it's time to buy forex before buhari wins this Election. read here to know what I'm saying.

https://www.nairaland.com/4824815/buy-forex-now-before-buhari

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by kutchs: 4:46pm On Nov 05, 2018
emmykey0128:
Shows you what a strong and fearless man he's. A man who isn't afraid to say what he feels even in the fave of persecution and harassment.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by Kingv(m): 5:02pm On Nov 05, 2018
APC WE DIE HERE

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by tokrizy: 5:02pm On Nov 05, 2018
this country is finished man..

it's over

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by kolafolabi(m): 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
Source please Mr. Oshoko.. I swear not this time.. They dare not increase it.

4 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by Justseyii: 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
Sigh
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by LibertyRep: 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
Ok
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by magzey: 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
soliddust2020:
Minimum wage una no gree increase, naija go bad pass somalia next year if buhari win. I don prepare my duffel bag to leave this country if buhari wins again.
better follow your Mentor to Israel now because Buhari shall will In sha Allah. grin

4 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by eliwa47(m): 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2018
davidodiba:
Pls tell him to just shut the f**k!
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by BubuZombi: 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2018
So this Convict Still Get Mouth To Talk Abi...
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by magzey: 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2018
Nigerians are suffering ,so you know and you with held 10 month salary of Ekiti workers. Chai this world na stupid the Basket mouth is now called former governor grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by mrvitalis(m): 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2018
Is that Bad? The truth is unless we fully deregulate this sector there is not going to be any ending to fuel scarcity

They may be delaying it waiting for dangote to finish his refinary so the effect won't be much

Infect we need to tax petrol users 50 naira extra for road maintenance

See this country won't develop until we tax Nigerians enough to make them demand accountability

That's over 450bn per year... That can take care of a good portion of our roads

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by soliddust2020: 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2018
magzey:

better follow your Mentor to Israel now because Buhari shall will In sha Allah. grin

So anybody not in support of the dullard is automatically an ipob how ignorant of you, i am from SS and not an ipob. Keep supporting mediocrity all in the name of tribal politics and ass licking your over lord tinubu till he sells you into slavery in libya.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose by Odingo1: 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2018
Too many wahala for Nigeria, the Nigerian masses are lying to theirselves that is why things are not moving and government are not held responsible because they support government based on tribalism.

Before the coming of APC, Nigerians buy fuel at 87 naira with less subsidy but when APC came they buy fuel with 145 naira with more subsidy coupled with massive inflation, yet they will say PDP is bad and they are ready to continue with lies why they are suffering because they want a particular person to be in power by all means why they die of hunger.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari's Inauguration Of The Unmanned Aerial Vehicle In Kaduna (Photos) / Did APC Threaten To Form Parallel Govt If 2015 Elections Were Rigged? - Tribune / Nigeria's Independence In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.