Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,201 members, 7,953,742 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:30 AM

Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! (4804 Views)

God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by KunleOshob(m): 8:48am On Jul 30, 2010
@Tonye-tithes
Even going by your favourite matthew 23:23 which you shamelessly twist to justify the tithing scam, did Jesus or anyone in the bible ever defined tithes as money from income? Was it not tithes of mint and cumin that Jesus was talking about? Was mandated biblical tithes not limited to agricultural produce? Is it not manipulative, wicked,evil sinful, dishonest and fraudulent to change the written word of God which a tithe of the produce of the land of Israel to mean a tithe of the income of all christians whom tithing was NEVER adressed to or taught by the founding fathers of the faith?
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Image123(m): 11:11am On Jul 30, 2010
king of circles and rigmarole
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by iHustle(m): 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2010
Paris10 I support ur post 100%. It's very unfortunate that many "Christians" don't reason and don't study the Bible properly. They know very little about Christ and feed on whatever junk their "Pastors" give them without questioning them.
These "MOG" are very proud to anounce the purchase of a new jet while their members wallow in delusion. How clearer can it get that these men are after money?
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by bee444: 6:32pm On Aug 21, 2010
iHustle:

Paris10 I support your post 100%. It's very unfortunate that many "Christians" don't reason and don't study the Bible properly. They know very little about Christ and feed on whatever junk their "Pastors" give them without questioning them.
These "MOG" are very proud to anounce the purchase of a new jet while their members wallow in delusion. How clearer can it get that these men are after money?

I second that too.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by ogoamaka99(m): 7:13pm On Aug 21, 2010
iHustle:

Paris10 I support your post 100%. It's very unfortunate that many "Christians" don't reason and don't study the Bible properly. They know very little about Christ and feed on whatever junk their "Pastors" give them without questioning them.

welcome to the forum my dear. It seems that you joined the forum newly?. Why not watch b/4 you leap . Which side are you?. Who is a christian, who is a MOG, and who is pastor?. You should know what they mean before you talk unless you are one of those who has lost their mind.?
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Rhino3dm: 7:49pm On Aug 21, 2010
Ah! Na dem dem.
*relax,read & laugh*
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Fant(m): 11:06pm On Aug 21, 2010
It is a pity to find that the religion section on NL is now been bastardised by some foolish thinkers who say they are free thinkers.
We know that God has given us the ability to reason properly but not on spiritual issues because the mind on it own is not capable of understanding the things of the spirit neither can it know them because they are foolishness in the sight of the carnal mind.
We now have fools who go about teaching the doctrine of men and terming it "free thinking." I call this JOBLESSNESS. You get nothing by pulling down your carnal neighours talk more of Men of God. To you, they are not men of God but fraudsters right? Let me then ask you: even if they using God's name to defraud people, who then told you that God is unable or incapable of defending His name? I mean, did God tell you to fight for Him perhaps because He is too weak? {GOD FORBID}.
Let us watch our actions lest we regret it later.
@poster:
stop lying to yourself that you are a free thinker, you are just foolish because your post is trying to suggest that God doesn't exist though you are just trying to come out bold on that {psalm 14:1}.
You are also blind because the rulers of this world has blinded your mind {2cor 4:4}.
You are not a thinker at all, rather, you are just foolish. Wreched, blind, and proud imagining in your foolish heart that you dark mind is enough for you.
If not that some people are foolish, how is it that no one attacks churches that don't cause more waves.
We know that their are fraudulent pastors and prophets {jer 3} but in Matthew 7:15 where JESUS warned us of their existance, did He at any time tell us to help him fight with them? No, all he said was "BEWARE OF." Foolish judges check verse 1 of that quotation above.
Let all the foolish-free thinkers go to hell with their pervet thoughts.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Rhino3dm: 12:37am On Aug 22, 2010
Chei! See the way this guy they used the word 'FOOLISH' for one passage like say 2morow no dey. . .All because of some con men and thier CHU-RiCHES. Nna na war o!

Fant:

It is a pity to find that the religion section on NL is now been bastardised by some foolish thinkers who say they are free thinkers.
We know that God has given us the ability to reason properly but not on spiritual issues because the mind on it own is not capable of understanding the things of the spirit neither can it know them because they are foolishness in the sight of the carnal mind.
We now have fools who go about teaching the doctrine of men and terming it "free thinking." I call this JOBLESSNESS. You get nothing by pulling down your carnal neighours talk more of Men of God. To you, they are not men of God but fraudsters right? Let me then ask you: even if they using God's name to defraud people, who then told you that God is unable or incapable of defending His name? I mean, did God tell you to fight for Him perhaps because He is too weak? {GOD FORBID}.
@poster:
stop lying to yourself that you are a free thinker, you are just foolish because your post is trying to suggest that God doesn't exist though you are just trying to come out bold on that {psalm 14:1}.
You are also blind because the rulers of this world has blinded your mind {2cor 4:4}.
You are not a thinker at all, rather, you are just foolish. Wreched, blind, and proud imagining in your foolish heart that you dark mind is enough for you.
If not that some people are foolish, how is it that no one attacks churches that don't cause more waves.
We know that their are fraudulent pastors and prophets {jer 3} but in Matthew 7:15 where JESUS warned us of their existance, did He at any time tell us to help him fight with them? No, all he said was "BEWARE OF." Foolish judges check verse 1 of that quotation above.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Fant(m): 11:06am On Aug 22, 2010
@Rhino.3m
if your mind is poor and thus can't produce any reasonable thing i recommend you just jump out of this thread and proceed to Entertainment section perhaps you will do well there "Nwa íberìbe nä-ä mägi ihe öbula"
Now let me come back to this.
@KunleOshob.
I don't think you are a christian and even if you are, i don't think you have the holy spirit in you. "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter but the glory of kings to search out the matter"{prov 25:2}. You are very wrong by saying that tithing is strictly for agricultural produce. The words in the bible should be understood with deep reasoning. When the bible uses the word "rain" it does not necessarily mean the rain you know but may mean blessings. When Jesus said he will destroy the temple and buld it within three days, it was lack of spiritual understanding that made them believe Jesus was refering to the temple in isreal.
In a similar vein, when bible says "pay tithe on agricultural produce," it does not necessarily mean "only agricultural produce" because it is not everyone that goes to farm and the God is not dull as some of us are suggesting.
If you check Gen, 14, after Abram returned from war, he paid tithe and it wasn't on agricultural produce but on the spoils he got from the war.
I have always said that The Bible is not for carnal minds but for spiritual men {mark 4:11}.
Infact, agricultural produce,gold,silver,brass,beasts, are income {wealth} and they are given by God {Deut 8:18} because they are His own {Haggai 2:8}. In our modern generation, our income comes in the form of money, thus our tithing will be paid in currencies.
@iHustle:
you are practically confused. While i don't undermine the need for personal studies, God knows that personal studies is good, yet he said "And i will give you PASTORS according to my own heart who shall TEACH YOU in all understanding and knowledge"{Jer 3:15}. So your personal studies is not enough for you because "Faith cometh by hearing"{Rom 10:17}.
Concerning private jets, did we tell you that we are getting poorer because our church bought private jets for misionary journeys? If you feel you are tired of paying tithe, why don't you stop paying and watch your poverty increase {prov 11:24}.
@bee444:
that is your opinion.
Bishop Oyedepo ones sayed to Living Faith church {Garden of Faith} Kaduna: "Stop giving today and watch if any thing stops." Today, that church is still blossoming.
It seems to amaze me much when some proud fellows begins to feel that God depends on their wreched purses to get his work done. God doesn't not depend on men for anything. But it is men that depend on God for everything.
God doesn't need you for anything but it is you that needs God for everything.
@poster:
for the sake of peace, i demand you change the topic of this thread.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by ogoamaka99(m): 4:35pm On Aug 22, 2010
Fant:

@poster:
@Fant,
My dear, it seems you are new in this forum that's why you have not known them. They are group of folks that has lost their mind and such cannot reason well again. To be replying their posts is like arguing with a mad man in the market square.They has perverted mind and therefore incapable of reasoning well, so it will be a waste of energy to be replying them. Rather than wasting that precious time of yours replying their post, use it to post for us new threads that people can read and get edified.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Rhino3dm: 7:11pm On Aug 22, 2010
@ fant
whacko. If your god is not poor why is he demanding first,second,third offering in thesame services, first fruit, sow seed(pay before miracle),
infact he is a capitalist, since he like threatening people with curse if they dont pay him.
And dont tell that he is equally ignorant of the fact that majority of this money are people hard earned money from bankers,criminals and politicians
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Eleba: 8:06pm On Aug 22, 2010
These pastors dont force U 2 give,giving itself is a spiritual principle n instruction.so the sooner we get to a maturity level of understanding that wen we give we dont give to man bt God the better 4 us.concerning the issue of dem(pastors) spending church money recklessly leave dem to God for WHO ARE U TO JUDGE ANODA MAN?I live the giving life n trust me God rewards alws.wen Abraham ws willing 2 give his only son it provoked d blessings of God,wen solomon gave a thousand animals,he got Gods attention, jst 2 mentn a few.its giving that made these men of God who dey are 2dy.they gave their service 2 God.Run a check on their background n c ow sum of dem started.i knw of a pastor who left his job as a medical doc,sold his hospital one of the best in my area 2 bcom a pastor.so dear poster JUDGE NOT.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Enigma(m): 8:38pm On Aug 22, 2010
^^^ Jesus actually stated how people should give to Him. Do you know how He said people should give to Him? If you know, please explain, thanks.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Ameboperoo(m): 9:49pm On Aug 22, 2010
Every man should give according to how he has decided in his mind and not forced. I'm not quoting o! About tithe, just do me a favour and perform this experiment. Give a tithe of your earnings in a month to any man of God of your choice. Never mind if he's geniue or not only God can decide that. Try and write down all the blessings that comes to you in that month. In the following month, dont give out anything but also write down all the blessing that comes to you in that month. Come back and tell us the result. God permits experiments because he said we should test and see if, Enough of arguments.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Enigma(m): 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2010
Instead of trying the "tithing" why not try what Jesus Himself recommended:

Matthew 25
34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was unclothed and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or unclothed and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’

40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.

You may also be interested in the below from the Old Testament:

Proverbs

17 He who has pity on the poor lends to the LORD,
      And He will pay back what he has given.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Fant(m): 10:38pm On Aug 22, 2010
@Rhino.dm:
you dared to say my God is poor? If not for mercy and grace, your destiny would have been closed this night as i am reading your blasphemy {LUKE 12:18}.
However, God is giving you a second chance to denounce your evil comment here on this thread and now. You may not have a third chance because the holy Angels are already set to destroy you but mercy and grace is still keeping them {2Peter 3:9}.
Don't forget you are just like a vapour in the sight of God and He can kill you in less than a second . Though He is a healer, He is also a killer {1Samuel 2:6}.
This is not a threat but the truth, however, if you want to see the wrath of my God, let me know.
Note that a clay pot can not fight with his maker and succeed.
@ogoamaka99:
thanks for your post and may The Good Lord reward you according to your faith.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Rhino3dm: 5:24am On Aug 23, 2010
@ fant.
Shaaaraaap! I will be very ashamed if your god consider you as his servant. Are on any kind medication, for you to have anything in common with those con men called 'pastor'. You shamelessly think is right to be defrauding poor people to purcahse jets, bullet proof jeep, building university and mansions.
Who are you threatning you this poor little wink? Nah! Fella, your empty threats only works against deluded gullible goons within the premises of your church(shops),
Your god has died 2000yrs ago in the hands some common rag-tag tout and dont let me reminds you how he died. In as far am concern he his DEAD. What do you know about God Almighty? If not the crap those con men feeding you. Whine like a swine if you want those con men are nothing but criminals.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by PastorAIO: 7:40am On Aug 23, 2010
Fant:

@Rhino.dm:
you dared to say my God is poor? If not for mercy and grace, your destiny would have been closed this night as i am reading your blasphemy {LUKE 12:18}.
However, God is giving you a second chance to denounce your evil comment here on this thread and now. You may not have a third chance because the holy Angels are already set to destroy you but mercy and grace is still keeping them {2Peter 3:9}.
Don't forget you are just like a vapour in the sight of God and He can kill you in less than a second . Though He is a healer, He is also a killer {1Samuel 2:6}.
This is not a threat but the truth, however, if you want to see the wrath of my God, let me know.
Note that a clay pot can not fight with his maker and succeed.
@ogoamaka99:

Don't joke with this guy o! He has hot line to God, and inside information on what God is planning.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by MadMax1(f): 7:58am On Aug 23, 2010
Fant:

@Rhino.dm:
This is not a threat but the truth, however, if you want to see the wrath of my God, let me know.Note that a clay pot can not fight with his maker and succeed.
@ogoamaka99:

You seem to have acquainted yourself with your ministry. You promise well.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Namioo: 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2010
@Fant, What kind of person are you? Are you sure you are a christian? You strike me more of an angry, bitter and twisted person than a christian. You have used the word Fool, Foolish or such abominable word than even a non christian in this thread. But Jesus said it should not be used. It is obvious that you are a follower of Oyedepo (not that I have a problem with that at all) but you are not a true follower of Christ that is definitely clear. Because your fruit have not shown it. Your concept of christianity is an aberration to the scriptural truth which you claim to stand on or for.

I don't have a problem with Pastors (and indeed anyone for that matter) been rich but when it perpetuates iniquity and unrighteousness in the land (as the the case of Nigeria in particular) and the spirit of moderation is thrown out and oppression is now justified with scriptural oratory then we have a problem. Oyedepo and his likes are rich people good for them. fortunately or unfortunately they claim to be men of God even the better for them. But we have to be careful here when we equate riches with righteousness or fame with favour with God. Please let me be clear I make no insinuations with the last statement at all because I am not privy to any information so don't misquote me which I see alot of you guys on this thread are specialists at doing.

With regards to tithing, unfortunately it has been misunderstood and used as a tool to abuse and put people in bondage. We should remember what Jesus said in Matthew 11:30 "My yoke is easy and my burden is light". Anything outside this is bondage and is not off God. When tithe is preached to people (either overtly or covertly) as a way of bribing God to get His blessing then I have issues with that. We have sold tithe in the pentecostal movement as the key to prosperity and abundant life. No!!! Jesus is the giver of life in abundance. Tithe must not be given as trade off for righteousness, justice, kindness, moderation and holiness. This is why we have a very high level of iniquity abounding even with the proliferation churches. Who do I blame? The ones that have the ability and calling to preach uprightness and righteousness and have opted to take advantage of the despiracy of the poor in the midst of us to sell them what is not the full truth. It is righteousness that exalts a nation not tithe my people so lets have more of that preached and lived and you all will see Nigeria of today becoming a bad dream we will all wake up from. I know that my God can Never Lie His word is yeah and Amen!

I am not a man of God but a beautiful son of God (and I would rather be considered and treated as such) and I know that God is not as complex as we often times portray him to be but a simple and loving Father that cares more about what to give to us than what to take from us. We teach these errors most times for our own selfish gains not necessarily to deliver the people we preach to. I end with this truth and absolute conviction "We shall know the truth and the truth shall set us free" Jesus Is Lord and dont forget to put a smile on someones face when you finish reading this piece.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by WhyAWhy(m): 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2011
[size=14pt]I laugh in chinese with some indian accent grin grin grin[/size] I think the poster should be personally ashamed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NASA Accidentally Captures The Celestial City Of Jerusalem And Hide The Images. / Barika Jumah / Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.