Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:09 AM

Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! (4806 Views)

God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by bee444: 9:34am On Jul 24, 2010
Tonye-t:

Maybe i should also come to think or preach that Jesus was also incompetent and fraudelent to teach the people to continue tithing  tongue. or maybe i should also go back and check out just what the Jesus said about tithing  embarassed

Matt.23:23:. . . and Jesus continued by saying assuredly  i say unto you practise justice, practise mercy, practise faithfulness and also [b]do not neglect to practise tithing[/b]

And to say our free-thinker friend should go on thinking reprobacy goes to tell me that Oshob can maybe add free-thinking to his CV after subscribing to 'gnosticism', 'anti-tithing' and 'anti-trinity' even in the glares of scriptures, it sure goes to tell me just what kind of mind you possess, free-thinking of course  grin grin. [size=5pt]i just dont pray my dear friend and brother wakes up one day to tell us God doesnt exist[/size]  tongue  grin grin

@tonye-t, You've just murdered the Bible!! Shame on you! Where on earth did you find this your blasphemous version of Matt 23:23 or even the Bible you just quoted from? Are you for real. Jesus never advised the Pharisees to tithe! Did you go to school at all? If yes, were you taught Figures of speech? Jesus's statement in that verse of scripture was an irony.

My advice, always read the preceding verses of scriptures and don't forget to read the subsequent or succeeding verses or chapters too. Study to show yourself approved the Bible says.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by REALTRUTH1: 9:37am On Jul 24, 2010
ogoamaka99:

@paris10,What a wonderful write up. However you did not do proper resarch before posting. So point of correction, Winners chapel has two jets not one and the third one is on the way. If that will make you shade tears of BLOOD go ahead. Your problem is that you are still living in the yesterday world of pastors so you still posses poverty mentality about pastors. Please read my post on men of GOD yesterday, today and tommorrow for more information. So my dear , i want you to prepare you heart for more. That only four pastors in Nigeria are using private jets are not enough but only for now .I said this because very soon up to 10(ten) pastors will be using private jets. The rest will be using helicopters to travel around the country.By that time you may die of heart attack seeing them if care is not taken.
So my dear paris10, it is a high time you liberate yourself of poverty mentality.How much is the costs of these private jets that you are angry that churches these men of GOD are leading purchased?. What a pity , a private jet that if allowed less than 10(ten) members of these churches could sponsor ie could purchase for the church.
 You obviously have a mental problem,,and am surprised why ur pastor haven't healed you yet! This is exactly how ur pastors wants you to be thinking. Does have a private makes you wealthy or poor? My prayer is that God should mercilessly deal with these pastors messing up peoples ability to think and reason.
Your church has 3 privatr jets? of what use is it for? what do they produce? ,,Do you know Warren Buffet who happens to be the ruchest man in the world at a time and now the second richest man in the world does not have a private jet?
Do you know he actually owns a company that manufactures private jets yet he does not have one to himself? I will rather listen and learn from Warren Buffet than paying any attention to the criminals parading themselves as pastors in nigeria,,,so called men of God merchandising in the name of the Lord and making God's name to be ridiculed,,,
Even multinatinational/multibilion companies in the US re asking their chief executive officers to drop their private jets in order to cut cost,,,but some stupid knitwitt would contribute their hard earned money to criminals who will buy jet from such contribution,,
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by nuclearboy(m): 10:06am On Jul 24, 2010
@Ogoamaka99:

And here you are again with EVERYBODY again showing you the hole in your head and the darkness in your heart. When will you come into light, for Christ's sake? Since when did money mean right? Anyway, you have enough teachers here and I see they are doing a good job.

@bee444:

Tonye-T doesn't know that Jesus lived UNDER THE LAW and that the new covenant didn't begin until the Cross. For that reason, yes, the Pharisees were supposed to pay tithes since they were under the old covenant. Yet and as stated already, even his words were ironic. What we are again seeing here is the spirit in the pharisees which stuck to traditions of men rather than the truth of God.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Tudor6(f): 11:57am On Jul 24, 2010
^^
Tonye-t got his Matt 23;23 from The Gospel According to Matthew Ashimolowo.

Seriously though, the bible quotes I get from naija christians these days shock me that I have no option but to request to see their own bibles.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Tonyet1(m): 5:16pm On Jul 27, 2010
paris10:

Don't just want you to deviate from the main focus of this post; JUSTICE to the poor!!!. You're just one the stereotypical brainwashed Nigerian Church goer that leaves everything to their Pastors to decide.

Nuff said Sis!

brother stop putting up makeups, your intro-post is already a pointer to why you hate these MOG. And its nothing more than because they collect tithes and offerings. Else i wonder why someone will come up here to burn up bytes with the topic " Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Jet Pastor (adeboye) Et Al Are Shameless!"  tongue tongue

I have said it over and over again,these MOG are not the problem in christendom, the problem is you  sad, the problem is me, sad the problem is everyone who feels too lazy to pick up a biblos and check out spiritual facts for themselves. As far as i can remember, i have never read, heard Pastor Chris preached anything outside the context of the holy biblos, i rarely even heard him say anything about donation or building offerings or what not.  undecided

The same for Adeboye even though i dont expect these Men to be infallible. Ok! Sometime early 2009, Pastor Kumuyi withdrew a massive publication of one of his books  *cant recall the name exactly* and when asked why? he apologized that he wrote the book without the inspiration of the Holy spirit and thus may not fulfill its very essence, i was like wooow what a lesson, so even this men know they make mistakes becasue i was even spotting some errs in the said book before the withdrawal, I have seen & heard Pastor Chris do the same too about the use of a greek term in the bible *word withheld*.  tongue tongue

But when it come to nairaland, you see folks who dont study scriptures thoroughly come up to talk gibberish,  grin

-Else why would someone say that because these pastors buy jets therefore they must be thieves, when the best they could do is to take good time and listen to the messages of the men and compare it with scriptures for validity.

-Else why would someone consider the practise of tithing as evil even at the glare of scriptures even in the NT, when you ask these folks why they think tithing is evil they'll say because Jesus abolished the law, ok! so was tithing a law ? did tithing ever begin with the law? who practised tithing first [Abraham (b4 the law was given) OR Moses (during the law) ]

- Most times i wonder the state of our minds when we criticize these men,

when they perform healing, we are quick to call them demons forgetting Jesus was called the biggest 'demon' too, while His essence was still intact as is theirs

when they talk with Politicians, we call them sycophants, forgetting Jesus ate and dined with the biggest of thieves in his time, while His essence was still intact as is theirs

when they buy good cars and jets, we are quick to call them rogues, whereas Jesus rode on the best donkey with the people heralding their garments. I wonder how else we want them to live again! You guys are stingy, others are not, and so these men of God are blessed as was other pastors in the bible yet na una weh no dey give na im e come dey pain pass. dem go continually dey chop good money while una go their clap for dem indirectly  grin grin grin

1 Cor 9
13 Don't you know that those who work in the temple get their food from the temple, and those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar?

14 In the same way, [size=16pt]the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel[/size].

Period! grin grin grin grin
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Tonyet1(m): 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2010
Mad_Max:

Actually, paris10 quoted Matthew 23:23 from the King James Version of the bible. It's the first, best and most exquisite bible on the planet, the one from which all other translations derive. It's also the most accurate, as far as accuracy goes when it comes to biblical translation. But here you are presenting the 'same' verse with a completely different meaning. It's not the first time you've brought forward that fraudulently twisted version of Matthew 23 to 'support' tithing. Obviously the translators have gone from accuracy to pure fabrication and ought to be reported. From which bible translation did you get your own version of Matthew 23:23? Please state the bible version you're using so others can look it up. Thanks.

Madam Mad  grin grin very funny name Madam Mad  grin grin

Oya no vex say i use another version of the bible to explain why tithing still dey relevant, ok make we see other versions and your 'almighty' KJV  grin grin
(King James Version) Matt.23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone[tithing].

- Does it look like Jesus outdid Tithing as a practise? Absolutely No!  grin ;D
(New International Version) Matt 23:23

23 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices — mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law — justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former[tithing].

- Does it look like Jesus outdid Tithing as a practise? Absolutely No!  grin grin
(New King James Version) Matt 23:23

23 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. 

- Does it look like Jesus outdid Tithing as a practise? Absolutely No!  grin grin
(New American Standard Bible) Matt.23:23

23 " Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier provisions of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness; but these are the things you should have done without neglecting the others

and the list goes on and on to tell you why tithing is still very much intact!  cheesy cheesy
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Tonyet1(m): 5:40pm On Jul 27, 2010
bee444:

@tonye-t, You've just murdered the Bible!! Shame on you! Where on earth did you find this your blasphemous version of Matt 23:23 or even the Bible you just quoted from? Are you for real. Jesus never advised the Pharisees to tithe! Did you go to school at all? If yes, were you taught Figures of speech? Jesus's statement in that verse of scripture was an irony.

My advice, always read the preceding verses of scriptures and don't forget to read the subsequent or succeeding verses or chapters too. Study to show yourself approved the Bible says.

I saw the version at your backyard where you neglected wisdom and her treasuries for criticism grin grin
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Tonyet1(m): 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2010
nuclearboy:

[b]Tonye-T doesn't know that Jesus lived UNDER THE LAW and that the new covenant didn't begin until the Cros[/b]s. For that reason, yes, the Pharisees were supposed to pay tithes since they were under the old covenant. Yet and as stated already, even his words were ironic. What we are again seeing here is the spirit in the pharisees which stuck to traditions of men rather than the truth of God.

Same excuses stingy folks give for evading to honor a simple instruction even when said from King Jesus. If you say Matt.23:23 were all written b4 his death and therefore is invalid, maybe i should also assume all the things Jesus said before his death are invalid too. uhh gibberish born out of desperation to disobey Jesus and his words - i cry!! cry cry
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Tonyet1(m): 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2010
Tudór:

^^
Tonye-t got his Matt 23;23 from The Gospel According to Matthew Ashimolowo.

Seriously though, the bible quotes I get from naija christians these days shock me that I have no option but to request to see their own bibles.

Sorry gal-pant tongue that version aint from Matthew Ashimolowo, and come to think, why did he she started reading bibles. hmm o well! whatever! grin grin
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by nuclearboy(m): 7:50pm On Jul 27, 2010
@Tithes-Twister or Torrential-Thief or whatever you call yourself:

Error has a surname and it is Tonye-T!

Seems someone told you you're funny - another idiot! Or did someone laugh in 1991 when you slipped and hit your head against the dustbin? cos that, dude was the last funny thing that came from you.

How do you find the nerve to twist God's Word and then Man's word as well and always over this tithe matter? Na wa O! Regeneration is truly a good thing and its sad that you've missed it. Twould have been nice to show you the way but light blinds such as you.

However, when God decides to take you up, you will find even tears, talkless laughter, avoiding you - count on it!
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by paris10: 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2010
REAL TRUTH:

You obviously have a mental problem,,and am surprised why your pastor haven't healed you yet! This is exactly how your pastors wants you to be thinking. Does have a private makes you wealthy or poor? My prayer is that God should mercilessly deal with these pastors messing up peoples ability to think and reason.
Your church has 3 privatr jets? of what use is it for? what do they produce? ,,Do you know Warren Buffet who happens to be the ruchest man in the world at a time and now the second richest man in the world does not have a private jet?
Do you know he actually owns a company that manufactures private jets yet he does not have one to himself? I will rather listen and learn from Warren Buffet than paying any attention to the criminals parading themselves as pastors in nigeria,,,so called men of God merchandising in the name of the Lord and making God's name to be ridiculed,,,
Even multinatinational/multibilion companies in the US re asking their chief executive officers to drop their private jets in order to cut cost,,,but some silly knitwitt would contribute their hard earned money to criminals who will buy jet from such contribution,,

, Just need someone to tell me otherwise, is it me alone that thinks this tithe thing is getting more attention that it actually deserves? Jesus only made mention of tithe throughout his time on earth once (that shows how insignificant tithe is)

Abeg make una tell me o, does that mean if you don't pay tithe, no heaven be that? Na wetin concern me most be that. If the answer is no, then sr*w tithe then.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by bee444: 9:36pm On Jul 27, 2010
paris10:

, Just need someone to tell me otherwise, is it me alone that thinks this tithe thing is getting more attention that it actually deserves? Jesus only made mention of tithe throughout his time on earth once (that shows how insignificant tithe is)

Abeg make una tell me o, does that mean if you don't pay tithe, no heaven be that? Na wetin concern me most be that. If the answer is no, then sr*w tithe then.

If paying tithe is a prerequisite to making heaven, then the likes of Apostle Paul, Mathew, John and even Jesus himself would be in hell by now! grin
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Image123(m): 11:49am On Jul 28, 2010
Ha ha ha, tonye's so funny nuclear. I know it's bitter to you. That's the quality of truth to those who do not want it. Tonye, you're carried jare. Ha ha
Someone's talking about knowing how many times Jesus mentioned tithe. Did He mention it. It's not a question, don't bother yourself. You're already overbothered already. Next we go hear how many times Jesus mention offering.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by nuclearboy(m): 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^

Abuzola, Olabowale, Vedaxcool, all muslims must be ecstatic and thanking Mo for this dude. Image123 is one amazingly redundant character who has done so much for Islam just by not being a muslim. Haunting the walls of the religious forum of NL 24/7 only shows your life is a pitiful matter and the only presence you have is behind a keyboard.

Just imagine a scenario where everyone is praying that people accept Christ and here we have this one dude that if we knew, we'd have omitted. How more unique could a man be?
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Tonyet1(m): 2:22pm On Jul 28, 2010
Nuclear ko extended ni  grin grin grin

Boy each time i read your response to my comments it gets me thinking of their response to Jesus' presence

Mark 1:23-25

23 Just at that time there was in their synagogue a man of an unclean spirit; and now he raised a deep and terrible cry from the depths of his throat, saying,

[Nuclear baba cried out saying] What have You to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth[Tonye-t]? [size=16pt]Have You come to destroy us? I know who You are[/size] the Holy One of God!

25 And Jesus
[Tonye-t] rebuked him, saying, Hush up (be muzzled, gagged)~]

dont worry i'll soon fulfill 26 for the sake of sanity.  grin grin grin grin grin and dont worry about Image123 the dude is just a decent Christian who knows how to honor the simple instructions of his master Jesus while you sub  grin grin grin
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Tonyet1(m): 2:35pm On Jul 28, 2010
paris10:

Paris100,

I dont know if i'll make heaven if i continue in my tithing neither do i know if it will lead me to hell if i dont tithe, but one thing i know is Jesus opened his mouth to rebuke the Pharisees (like you, me, nuclearboy, KunleOshob, Image123, et al) for choosing to honor some part of God's word at the expense of the other.

The pharisees took tithing so serious like it was everything about life and godliness, and here was Jesus saying no no no there are still other important areas like Justice for the oppressed, mercy for our offenders, faithfulness in our service to God, these things we ought to do and also as we do them we should not neglect the act of tithing too. is that not what Matt.23:23 says. The words of Jesus carry life and has the power to reconcile man to God, maybe if i continue in my act, i could be justified like Abraham's 'simple' obedience was counted to him for righteousness. have you heard the song "trust and obey"? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Greedy and stingy folks who will rather eat up their bread and seed and turn back to accuse MOGs for their woes and afflictions they are suffering in the body of Christ. how pathetic!  grin grin grin Maybe i should even quote my favorite verse of the NT again sef
grin grin grin

King James Version) Matt.23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: [size=14pt]these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone[tithing][/size].
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by fyneguy: 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2010
grin TonyeT

Abeg take am easy with these folks o.

NuclearKID is my very good friend o. Tho he iz the 2nd-in-command to Kunleoshob in Phariseekingdom ( grin) , I dont wanna watch him cry, on your account grin
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by livin: 9:02pm On Jul 28, 2010
paris10:

Thank u. Imagine what our country would be like if all Christians responded to love ur neighbor as urself they way they respond to tithing.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by nuclearboy(m): 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2010
When I get angry with you, I'm in the flesh;
when you get angry with me, it's righteous indignation.
If I don't get angry with you, it's because I don't care;
if you don't get angry with me, it's because you understand.

If I rebuke you, I'm judging;
if you rebuke me, you're reproving the works of darkness.
If I don't rebuke you, it is the favor of God on you preventing me;
If you don't rebuke me, my sin has not yet come to the full.

When I'm grieved by what you do to me, it's self-pity;
when you're grieved by what I do to you, it's godly sorrow.
When I'm not grieved by what you do to me, it's because I'm hard as nails;
when you're not grieved by what I do to you, it's the fruit of longsuffering.

If I won't listen to you, I'm stubborn and proud;
if you won't listen to me, your senses are exercised to discern between good and evil.
If I listen to you, I'm a man-pleaser;
if you listen to me, you're swift to hear and slow to speak.

If I criticize anyone, I am judging after the outward appearance;
if you do, faithful are the wounds of a friend.
If I don't criticize anyone, I'm wishy-washy;
if you don't, you're meek, lowly and Christ-like.
If I criticize, I'm a fault-finding generation;
if you criticize, it's constructive and you tell it like it is.

If I let out a curse, I'm a foul-mouthed hypocrite;
if you do it, you're only being real.
If I don't curse, I'm not being real;
if you don't, you're keeping your body under.

When I make a mistake, I'm wrong and better confess it;
when you make a mistake, nobody's perfect.
When I don’t make a mistake, it’s on account of my legalistic anal retentiveness;
When you don’t make a mistake, it's the leading of the Spirit.

So tell me Tonye-T/Image123/Fyneguy, who are you fooling? God, Me or YOURSELVES?
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by paris10: 9:23pm On Jul 28, 2010
Tonye-t:

Paris100,

I dont know if i'll make heaven if i continue in my tithing neither do i know if it will lead me to hell if i dont tithe, but one thing i know is Jesus opened his mouth to rebuke the Pharisees (like you, me, nuclearboy, KunleOshob, Image123, et al) for choosing to honor some part of God's word at the expense of the other.

The pharisees took tithing so serious like it was everything about life and godliness, and here was Jesus saying no no no there are still other important areas like Justice for the oppressed, mercy for our offenders, faithfulness in our service to God, these things we ought to do and also as we do them we should not neglect the act of tithing too. is that not what Matt.23:23 says. The words of Jesus carry life and has the power to reconcile man to God, maybe if i continue in my act, i could be justified like Abraham's 'simple' obedience was counted to him for righteousness. have you heard the song "trust and obey"?  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Greedy and stingy folks who will rather eat up their bread and seed and turn back to accuse MOGs for their woes and afflictions they are suffering in the body of Christ. how pathetic!  grin grin grin Maybe i should even quote my favorite verse of the NT again sef
 grin grin grin

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: [size=14pt]these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone[tithing][/size].

Why do something you have absolutely no idea about? Are you paying tithe because your Pastor say so or because you're convinced Jesus told you to do so? And why emphasis on Matt 23:23? Why dwelling on tithe and not the most important thing Jesus said in the same verse of scripture?

Why can't we just make the world a simple and better place for all to live without necessarily sounding religious. The greatest commandment of all is '[b]love [/b]your neighbour as you would yourself'. Jesus is that love, so lets preach love and leave behind this so-called religious law of old.

Don't you know that Jesus was himself born into law? When he came, he couldn't do away with it, except he be gone! Oh boy, did he not just did  just that! Halleluyah!!!

Lets preach Christ (love), give to the poor and stop acting like the Pharisees who thinks they're righteous by paying tithe.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by nuclearboy(m): 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^

@paris10:

Bro, take "tithes" away from your current audience and they have nothing. That opportunity to say "I love God so much I am giving Him something" is one they cannot afford to miss seeing as they live empty lives. That is why they'll show "love" by killing you over tithes.

To these, "Loving" God means "I paid a tithe and am expecting refund". As it was then, so it is now - Pharisees make the loudest noise telling Christ and followers that "the law says so & so"
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Image123(m): 10:20pm On Jul 28, 2010
Nuclear, hope it is well? Is that a poem you wrote above or poetry?
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by fyneguy: 8:41am On Jul 29, 2010
lol Image123

Thatz one of my friend's talents o. He's full of words- both relevant and irrelevant grin
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Tonyet1(m): 9:54am On Jul 29, 2010
paris10:

Why do something you have absolutely no idea about? Are you paying tithe because your Pastor say so or because you're convinced Jesus told you to do so? And why emphasis on Matt 23:23? Why dwelling on tithe and not the most important thing Jesus said in the same verse of scripture?

Why can't we just make the world a simple and better place for all to live without necessarily sounding religious. The greatest commandment of all is '[b]love [/b]your neighbour as you would yourself'. Jesus is that love, so lets preach love and leave behind this so-called religious law of old.

Don't you know that Jesus was himself born into law? When he came, he couldn't do away with it, except he be gone! Oh boy, did he not just did just that! Halleluyah!!!

Lets preach Christ (love), give to the poor and stop acting like the Pharisees who thinks they're righteous by paying tithe.

Good! now you are getting closer to where i am going

I am a Christian, sometimes a liberal sometimes a conservative now i believe If we truly confess christ then we should profess christianity where Christ is the Master and we the follower(Christ-like) and as followers it is our 'duty'and 'responsibility' to observe to do 'every single word' our 'master' says we should do. I consider it serious hypocrisy i repeat serious hypocrisy for a professed christian to select only some things he should do from the whole. If we are truly christians then we should act christ-like, we should say the things Jesus says and do the things Jesus says we should do. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Now what baffles me is for someone who calls himself a christian to come to a public forum and utter gibberish like saying that what happened in Matt.23:23 was that Jesus was speaking specifically to the Pharisees and therefore it doesnt concern us as christians. what a rubbish! OK! so if that is the new logic to approach scriptures, therefore maybe i should also consider that the turning of water to wine in cana of galilee should only be practised by the galileans afterall he did it while in galilee, i should also consider his death and resurrection to be only practised by the jews afterall he died as a jew. now does that make any sense especially for folks who calls themselves 'true' christians who are suppose to express the 'lifestyle', 'words' and 'deeds' of Jesus to the blind world.

And to add salt to the injury, ask them why they dont believe in tithing and you'll hear them say things like: because Oyedepo will use our tithes to build more varsities, because Adeboye will use our tithes to buy more jets, because Chris will use our tithes to fly more trips abroad, and am like wooow so you guys choose to disobey Jesus' instruction because of what some 'pastors' will use it to do shocked shocked shocked? how immature does it look! i thought our obligations as christians is to honor the words of Jesus irrespective of what another man try to manipulate. I have the spirit of God in me and therefore i dont believe i can be manipulated same should be for every true christian. If Jesus says 'tithing' should not be neglected then honor Jesus by giving your tithe. embarassed embarassed embarassed

The same MOGs you folks use your phalanges to type ill things about, take a look further into their lives and you'll witness testimonies of how they send tonnes of rice, beans, agricultural produces to those in need, they give scholarships to over 6000 students every session, at least i have over 40 friends benefitting from it so i know it, they pay their staffers well, some even build good houses to reside these people, now they may not be doing it very big and as expected but atleast they are trying afterall 'it was only twice' the bible recorded Jesus of feeding thousands and just a square meal for that matter. as for you guys when last did u remember to visit just a motherless home to help them out with the toiletries tongue tongue. case of always spotting the speck in a brothers eye when you have a whole log in your eyes. judge yourselves first before judging another.

Yes there are other issues in christianity that needs attention too, issues like brotherly love, praying anf fasting for our nation, showing mercy to our offenders, forgiving our debtors and all that, now while we try to do them we should not forget other issues behind which is exactly what Jesus said in Matt.23:23. And guess what? i do not need Jesus to say a thing twice before i know its my duty to do it, have you heard the maxim that says " a(one) word is enough for the wise'. cool cool

That reminds me where is that chief hypocrite KunleOshod angry grin, its sad to see how he has spoiled the minds of good christians against the words of Jesus atleast not Tonye's word undecided undecided cry cry. For me every true christian tithes! God bless you and that's if you want the blessings grin grin grin

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith:[size=14pt] these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone[tithing][/size].
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Tonyet1(m): 9:55am On Jul 29, 2010
Nuclearboy ko nulec battery ni

that your poo-tree get as e bi o!  grin grin grin
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Duroe: 11:29am On Jul 29, 2010
@GNBohr: The point you raised is good. But u need to first find out from the Bible what being a CHRISTIAN means. The name was first used by 'non-christians' at Antioch to describe the followers/believers in Jesus Christ of Nazareth. This name they applied to them because of who and what they preached, what they were doing and how they related among themselves.
Assuming the word 'christian' do not exist before will you be able to call many of the acclaimed followers of Jesus Christ by that name -'christian'?
The answer is it is unlikely that many in our generation and Nigeria in particular would have been called by that name if the people of Antioch were to watch them.
Being a 'christian' in the real sense of the word is not just preaching about Jesus Christ or attending a 'church' or claiming to be one.
Nevertheless the foundation of God stand sure; the Lord knows them that are His, and let everyone that names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
Till the end of the world, what u observed will continue as long as men are given the freedom of religion.
The practices of the CAtholic church that people like Martin Luther protested against are still on till today, so also some errors introduced into the christian faith by many so called denominations; and so 'disunity' will still continue.
The interesting thing is that as many as have PERSONAL relationship with Jesus christ by repentance and faith in Him as the Lamb of God and the Redeemer will always feel the sense of unity within themselves- for by ONE SPIRIT are we all baptized into Christ, ONE Body, ONE Faith, ONE LORD, ONE GOD, ONE Baptism, despite what obtained among the leadership of the various denominations.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Duroe: 11:45am On Jul 29, 2010
@Parish10:
Your write up is interesting. Let me however remind u that No man is saved by how much tithe or offering he gives or how much charitable activities he/she engages in. Our self righteousness is like a filthy rag before God. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
Salvation is a gift and so you do not pay for it and no one can boast about it. Jesus Christ paid the price for the Redemption of mankind. That is why those who don't believe are condemned already- inspite of their good works. However as long as a man is still alive, he/she can get this gift by faith even in his/her dying minute- if he/she is in the right mind to take a decision.
Though God called people to work in His 'vineyard', those that appeared prominent as 'leaders'- Pastors, Bishops, Prophets are not more important than those unknown cleaners, and others that men despises today. Many will be surprised in the last day.
God also did not create our brain for decoration- He expect us to 'come now and REASON together', be diligent, STUDY to show yourself approved unto God etc. God is not expecting us to just open our hearts and swallowed every teachings that men give us.
However our reasoning must not run contradictory to the revealed truth in God's word. The instructions in the bible do not need any special interpretation- most are literarily self explanatory. The things in the scripture that need some special understanding are the yet to be fulfilled prophecies in which symbols are used. Even then no one can claim 100% accuracy of interpretation until they are fulfilled.
People should leave the 'popular 'men of God' and look into their own lives. Those 'men of God' too will stand before God on the judgement day.
However we should not be stupid to allow anyone to exploit us in the name of God by 'forcing' or tongue twisting us to give what we are not freely giving from our hearts- these kinds of offerings or tithes will only be acceted by men without recognition from heaven. Let no man also think that God is a fool or a 'lotto' or money doubler.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Zikkyy(m): 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2010
Oga Tonye, you don start again.

Tonye-t:

The same MOGs you folks use your phalanges to type ill things about, take a look further into their lives and you'll witness testimonies of how they send tonnes of rice, beans, agricultural produces to those in need,

At whose cost, the MOG or the congregation?

Tonye-t:

they give scholarships to over 6000 students every session, at least i have over 40 friends benefitting from it so i know it,

Again, who shoulder the cost?

Tonye-t:

they pay their staffers well, some even build good houses to reside these people,

Where MOG get money? when he no get another job

Tonye-t:

now they may not be doing it very big and as expected but atleast they are trying

You do agree they can do better, considering the size of the collections.

Tonye-t:

we should say the things Jesus says and do the things Jesus says we should do.

Tonye-t:

Now what baffles me is for someone who calls himself a christian to come to a public forum and utter gibberish like saying that what happened in Matt.23:23 was that Jesus was speaking specifically to the Pharisees and therefore it doesnt concern us as christians. what a rubbish!

Now you claimed your actions are based on Christ’s instruction, let see,

Tonye-t:

[color=#990000]King James Version) Matt.23:23

23 [size=14pt]Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites![/size] for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone

Hmmm, i want to agree with you here. You fit the description above  grin grin go ahead and tithe jare  grin grin
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Tonyet1(m): 3:56pm On Jul 29, 2010
Zikkyy:

Oga Tonye, you don start again.

At whose cost, the MOG or the congregation?

Again, who shoulder the cost?

Where MOG get money? when he no get another job

You do agree they can do better, considering the size of the collections.

Now you claimed your actions are based on Christ’s instruction, let see,

Hmmm, i want to agree with you here. You fit the description above grin grin go ahead and tithe jare grin grin

Zikkyy you comments will never seize to make me laff and laff like RTFLMLO when will you learn to approach scriptures unbiased at least for once. Why the stern obsession about these men of God, cant you guys just leave them alone and focus on other better things about life and sweet experiences in Christ.

If Adeboye or whomever uses the money contributed to his ministry to help students how is that suppose to be a problem or jealous to you,. wetin concern you. if im no give na d same u go open ya mouth abuse them like say them be una mate. grin

When Jesus talked about giving tithes and all other things he knew a time will come when some theives will manipulate their flocks, but for crying out loud he did not say WE WILL KNOW THEM BY THEIR ACT OF COLLECTING TITHES men grow for once na angry grin what baffles me from folks like you is that you guys have the silly guts to assume that a practise that Jesus admonished should continue SHOULD BE CONSIDERED OBSOLETE simply because of nothing but your jealousies for the way God blesses these men of God

Ok take for instance, Kumuyi is a well respected and decent man of God at least every true christian knows that, and this man when asked about issues like tithing and its continuity in the new church, here is what he has to say: "I believe every scripture in the bible is given by God and is good for doctrine and teaching and i think that includes Matthew 23:23" and with a lot of points he continued buttressing.

Men like Kumuyi does not need your monies to survive or leave big, but continues in tithing and offering because nobody but Master Jesus says the "practise of tithing should not be neglected" goooosh Zikkyyy pls for once remove that shades from ya eyes they are too dark already grin grin grin

OK! for the sake of those reading this, i want you Zikkyy to pls inteprete this passage of the bible maybe we could learn nwa teacher! grin grin grin grin
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Zikkyy(m): 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2010
tithing-T you make false accusations. It will be difficult for me to respond here cos your post is loaded with lies.

Tonye-t:

Zikkyy you comments will never seize to make me laff and laff like RTFLMLO when will you learn to approach scriptures unbiased at least for once. Why the stern obsession about these men of God, cant you guys just leave them alone and focus on other better things about life and sweet experiences in Christ.

I never told you I had problem with the MOG charitable activities? So what exactly are you talking about? I read my post all over again to sure.

Tonye-t:

When Jesus talked about giving tithes and all other things he knew a time will come when some theives will manipulate their flocks, but for crying out loud he did not say WE WILL KNOW THEM BY THEIR ACT OF COLLECTING TITHES men grow for once na angry grin

Oga Tonye, please read my post again. Where in my post did I refer to MOGs as thieves for collecting tithe.

Tonye-t:

what baffles me from folks like you is that you guys have the silly guts to assume that a practise that Jesus admonished should continue SHOULD BE CONSIDERED OBSOLETE simply because of nothing but your jealousies for the way God blesses these men of God

Again, I never said anything was obsolete. Please learn to respond to what you read.

Tonye-t:

Ok take for instance, Kumuyi is a well respected and decent man of God at least every true christian knows that, and this man when asked about issues like tithing and its continuity in the new church, here is what he has to say: "I believe every scripture in the bible is given by God and is good for doctrine and teaching and i think that includes Matthew 23:23" and with a lot of points he continued buttressing.

I happy to see you only ‘think’ that Kumuyi had Matt 23:23 in mind when he made that comment.

Tonye-t:

Men like Kumuyi does not need your monies to survive or leave big, but continues in tithing and offering because nobody but Master Jesus says the "practise of tithing should not be neglected" goooosh Zikkyyy pls for once remove that shades from ya eyes they are too dark already grin grin grin

So what is my sin? For trying to let you know the MOG should not take all the credit for the charitable contribution? Learn from Paul Tonye-t, the congregation deserves some credit.

2 Corinthians 8:1-5 (New International Version)
1And now, brothers, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. 2Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 3For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, 4they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the saints. 5And they did not do as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then to us in keeping with God's will.

Tonye-t:

OK! for the sake of those reading this, i want you Zikkyy to pls inteprete this passage of the bible maybe we could learn nwa teacher! grin grin grin grin

You are beyond teaching my friend. I believe you should go ahead and tithe you fit christ’s description. Why don’t you read that chapter from verse 1, maybe you begin to get the message. I drop some extract below.

1Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2"The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. 3So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

13"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.[c]

15"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Tonyet1(m): 6:21pm On Jul 29, 2010
Zikkyy:

tithing-T you make false accusations. It will be difficult for me to respond here cos your post is loaded with lies.

I never told you I had problem with the MOG charitable activities? So what exactly are you talking about? I read my post all over again to sure.

Oga Tonye, please read my post again. Where in my post did I refer to MOGs as thieves for collecting tithe.

Again, I never said anything was obsolete. Please learn to respond to what you read.

I happy to see you only ‘think’ that Kumuyi had Matt 23:23 in mind when he made that comment.

So what is my sin? For trying to let you know the MOG should not take all the credit for the charitable contribution? Learn from Paul Tonye-t, the congregation deserves some credit.

2 Corinthians 8:1-5 (New International Version)
1And now, brothers, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. 2Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 3For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, 4they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the saints. 5And they did not do as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then to us in keeping with God's will.

You are beyond teaching my friend. I believe you should go ahead and tithe you fit christ’s description. Why don’t you read that chapter from verse 1, maybe you begin to get the message. I drop some extract below.

1Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2"The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. 3So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

13"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.[c]

15"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.

One thing i love about your posts is your subtlety and your unfirmness to take stands, trust me that isnt Christian-like at all.

Zikkyy if i may remind you, do you remember on several occasions especially in the thread "who says tithing is not new testamental?" you came all out to say you do not have anything biase against tithing and the next time i checked out you said the contrary. i can quote you but b4 i do so i'll love you to do so yourself. grin grin
Re: Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!! by Zikkyy(m): 9:47pm On Jul 29, 2010
Tithing-T, an illustration using say the Nigeria music industry might help clarify the issue here. Let say we have an argument on the integrity of alaba marketers, while you are of the view they are saints, zikkyy believes they are corrupt and swindle their clients. Then we meet a month later and had another argument, this time on the contribution of the marketers to the growth of the music industry in Nigeria. Tonye-t claim the marketers are responsible for the growth of the industry while zikkyy believes the phenomenal growth can be attributed to the musicians themselves (being talented) and quality of production. While defending your position here you accuses me of saying the marketers are corrupt. I find it difficult to reconcile statements like this to the argument or discussion at hand. Zikkyy will always object to such maneuvers just because you want to win an argument. Going by your level of education I expect you to make the correct inference after reading my posts, looks like zikkyy got it wrong here, or maybe you are just being mischievous.

Tonye-t:

One thing i love about your posts is your subtlety and your unfirmness to take stands, trust me that isnt Christian-like at all.

This is not true and you know it. You don’t need to lie to prove a point. What I won’t allow is you making wrong inference from my posts.

Tonye-t:

Zikkyy if i may remind you, do you remember on several occasions especially in the thread "who says tithing is not new testamental?" you came all out to say you do not have anything biase against tithing and the next time i checked out you said the contrary. i can quote you but b4 i do so i'll love you to do so yourself. grin grin

Again you attempt a response to my post by avoiding it completely and bringing up unrelated issues. So you can have the last word abi? My responses in post 61 was to ensure you stay on track and not derail the discussion, I can see you are bent on achieving that goal.

That said, my stand on tithe is well known. Since you have problem interpreting what you read, I guess I’ll just repeat it one more time; you can pay your tithe Tonye-t, it’s your money and your life and I have no right to interfere. But I’ll resist all attempts to preach it as a Christian requirement cos that’s one big lie. If you still have problem processing this, I suggest you go back to school.

You can quote me Tonye-t, I look forward to see what you come up with.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The RCCG Church Lekki Were Maids Are Not Allowed To Enter The Main Auditorium / Bomb Blast Scene At Cocin Hqters Church,jos. / Christian Hedonism And The Pursuit Of Happiness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.