Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

I Can’t Prostrate To Any Monarch Except Alaafin -afe Babalola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Prostrate To Any Monarch Except Alaafin -afe Babalola (8821 Views)

Photo: 7 PDP Governors Prostrate To Beg Obasanjo To Support President Jonathan I / PDP Governors Prostrate For Obasanjo Over Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can’t Prostrate To Any Monarch Except Alaafin -afe Babalola by dayokanu(m): 8:35pm On Jul 23, 2010
Aare Barrack Obama, Otunba George Bush, Chief Bill Clinton, Bashorun Bill Gates, Mazi Tony Blair, Alhaji David Cameron

To get all these titles no easy abeg give me my respect!!!
Re: I Can’t Prostrate To Any Monarch Except Alaafin -afe Babalola by Becomrich0: 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2010
That would not win the PDP vote. The PDP have cheated the Yoruba people. No matter what ever nonsense you do , you only create more problem for yourself. And would end up lossing the election. PDP case is already worst in Yorubaland. To be honest with you bankole would find it hard to win any election in Yorubaland again, because he did not do anything about the satellite picture and that is consider betrayer in Yorubaland. So bankole is close to is end politically , if the PDP do not do something. And at the moment, honestly most PDP elected officers from Yorubaman may not be telling Jonathan , but they likely would hate him, because their position are up from graps in this calculation. That why i said pick saraki, that too late. remove the Yorubas,edo and delta state or go for the sudan option at the united nation. The other party would pick a Yorubaman. I am telling you.  Look look at the PDP candidate oyo state Akala and Osun state omisore. I dont think jonathan have done his homework.

ile ife is the headquarter of the yoruba people.  It is the home of the Yoruba people. Even the oni of ife is called  the arole Oduduwa.No other human being can bear that name apart from the Oni of Ife. So all this nonsense you igbo people are written, is pure nonsense.  Do you know the meaning of Arole Oduduwa.  ile Ife  is the head of Yoruba people.

even if obama come after the election , camera are not allowed in most of this places. they are considered sacred. I dont think those thing matter to Obama,Obama is 48 , the oni of ife is nearly 80 year old. So it is like Obama meeting someone older. This people creating confusion are igbo who are members of the PDP trying to create confusion.
ONLY MEN PROSTRATE . WOMEN DO NOT . They kneel. A man can prostrate to a older women, but a woman do Not prostrate to anyone.

I would assume, he never said so. the title I have never heard before in yoruba history Are Bamofin . i never heard of the title in history.  Even someone from oyo in canada claim, he never heard of the title before.

But here is it Yorubas do not prostrate to any other ethnics group apart from yoruba elders or King. Yorubas do not prostrate for igbo or other nigerian group  in nigeria. It is only to Yorubas.

But when others visit our king, they do prostrate because that is our culture. When I go to the north, I have to bend my kneel down for the emirs and say rakadede. This is thier culture. But for Igbo people. You do not have to prostrate to an igbo person or kneel for an igbo person.  They have a fist greeting. it is only in Yorubaland you have to. You cant expect anyone to go to Jonathan and prostrate, you give him a hand shake because that is his culture. But if HID awolowo  is there you prostrate and throw your hand to Jonathan. While if the emir is there you bend kneel down and say rakadede. Because culture does not requires that. have you ever seen yoruba people prostrate before igbos, never. Yorubas do not prostrate to other ethnics group apart from yorubas elders and kings.

To be honest with you, Obama should not go to nigeria till after the election. It would send the wrong signal to nigerian that the USA is not a friend to the common man or average nigerian. Because government in Nigeria rip the people off. And the opposition would see it as been bias. mostly northerners. It is wrong timing. They should not get  involve in nigeria politics, it may end up with another round of pipeline blow ups.  they are only trying to use obama to get vote. and it would back fire on the USA.
Re: I Can’t Prostrate To Any Monarch Except Alaafin -afe Babalola by seanet02: 2:33pm On Jul 24, 2010
Becomrich0:

That would not win the PDP vote. The PDP have cheated the Yoruba people. No matter what ever nonsense you do , you only create more problem for yourself. And would end up lossing the election. PDP case is already worst in Yorubaland. To be honest with you bankole would find it hard to win any election in Yorubaland again, because he did not do anything about the satellite picture and that is consider betrayer in Yorubaland. So bankole is close to is end politically , if the PDP do not do something. And at the moment, honestly most PDP elected officers from Yorubaman may not be telling Jonathan , but they likely would hate him, because their position are up from graps in this calculation. That why i said pick saraki, that too late. remove the Yorubas,edo and delta state or go for the sudan option at the united nation. The other party would pick a Yorubaman. I am telling you. Look look at the PDP candidate oyo state Akala and Osun state omisore. I dont think jonathan have done his homework.

ile ife is the headquarter of the yoruba people. It is the home of the Yoruba people. Even the oni of ife is called the arole Oduduwa.No other human being can bear that name apart from the Oni of Ife. So all this nonsense you igbo people are written, is pure nonsense. Do you know the meaning of Arole Oduduwa. ile Ife is the head of Yoruba people.

even if obama come after the election , camera are not allowed in most of this places. they are considered sacred. I dont think those thing matter to Obama,Obama is 48 , the oni of ife is nearly 80 year old. So it is like Obama meeting someone older. This people creating confusion are igbo who are members of the PDP trying to create confusion.
ONLY MEN PROSTRATE . WOMEN DO NOT . They kneel. A man can prostrate to a older women, but a woman do Not prostrate to anyone.

I would assume, he never said so. the title I have never heard before in yoruba history Are Bamofin . i never heard of the title in history. Even someone from oyo in canada claim, he never heard of the title before.

But here is it Yorubas do not prostrate to any other ethnics group apart from yoruba elders or King. Yorubas do not prostrate for igbo or other nigerian group in nigeria. It is only to Yorubas.

But when others visit our king, they do prostrate because that is our culture. When I go to the north, I have to bend my kneel down for the emirs and say rakadede. This is thier culture. But for Igbo people. You do not have to prostrate to an igbo person or kneel for an igbo person. They have a fist greeting. it is only in Yorubaland you have to. You cant expect anyone to go to Jonathan and prostrate, you give him a hand shake because that is his culture. But if HID awolowo is there you prostrate and throw your hand to Jonathan. While if the emir is there you bend kneel down and say rakadede. Because culture does not requires that. have you ever seen yoruba people prostrate before igbos, never. Yorubas do not prostrate to other ethnics group apart from yorubas elders and kings.

To be honest with you, Obama should not go to nigeria till after the election. It would send the wrong signal to nigerian that the USA is not a friend to the common man or average nigerian. Because government in Nigeria rip the people off. And the opposition would see it as been bias. mostly northerners. It is wrong timing. They should not get involve in nigeria politics, it may end up with another round of pipeline blow ups. they are only trying to use obama to get vote. and it would back fire on the USA.

becomericho i disagree with you, this present oni is a real crook, he sold the yoruba race to ibb, can you compare him to Sir Aderemi of blessed memory. he does not deserve any respect
Re: I Can’t Prostrate To Any Monarch Except Alaafin -afe Babalola by Becomrich0: 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2010
when did he sell Yoruba race to IBB. He never did. It was abacha who was in government at that time. not IBB has claimed by nairaland. I read the nonsense you people wrote.

Abacha was the one who was in power at that time. When the oni of ife made the statement. and to be honest with you, he only said so because he was been smart. Abacha was a killer. Only a mad man who be inside the presidential palace with Abacha and tell him NO. I am telling you Abacha would shoot you there.

Abacha was a man who no nigeria can claim he ever saw his two eyes before, he wear sunglass in the mid of the night. Abacha was a killer. He killed his opponent any time and anyday and he is ready to do it on national television.

Abacha would and killed him infront of all the pressmen who ask the question. Who did you think abacha was. Go ask your father, when Abacha says keep quiet , you better do. Or he would shoot you.

Ask Obasanjo to show you his back, Abacha men put hot pressing iron and made a mark on his back. That why Jonathan would get himself killed. I dont see anything in all this thing. Sudan option. And share the oil money with the north. You already are sharing the money with them now. Why not do the same at the united nation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hawkers Bribe Bankers For New Naira Notes / 93,000 Ghost Voters Uncovered In Anambra / USA Security Agents Meet With Danbazzau (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.