Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters (23345 Views)

FaZe Censor & Yanet Garcia Break Up So He Could Focus More On Video Games / Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time / Video Games That Killed People In Real Life (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by vasaratti: 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2018

For those of us who play fair, seeing a cheater rocking up the rankings with cheap tricks and hacks is infuriating. However, seeing these conniving players receive some much-needed discipline, that's raw gratifications.

I've decided to compile a countdown of some of the most creative and awesome ways, video games have gone about dishing out some sweet sweet punishment to players.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by ayourbamie: 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2018
Make I park here first

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by vasaratti: 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2018
#10: Animal Crossing
Despite its warm friendly exterior, the game will not take your crap and should you attempt to cheat the system by resetting away your mistakes, it will make you pay with an angry little mole popping up from the dirt and launching into an angry rant at you the aptly named reset II the mole will eat up those precious minutes of your time you were trying to save, by working the safe system lecturing you on what you've done wrong and in the process calling you a "thumb sucking twerp" grin

If a verbal beatdown from a subterranean tunnel dweller won't make you stop I don't know what will

1 Like

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by vasaratti: 1:27pm On Nov 07, 2018
#9: Link's Awakening
Link's Awakening wasn't important outing for the series. Established as one of Nintendo's heavy hitters, it needed to score a home run on the Game Boy handheld to cement its position.

Nintendo wanted to go to whatever lengths necessary to assure we enjoyed the game fully including branding us a thief and killing us in cold blood if we stole from the humble shopkeeper he'd label us a thief. A title everyone would use in place of our actual names

What's worse than that disgrace, should we walk back into his store perhaps to offer an apology he'd wipe us off the face of Hyrule with a laser gun next time we'll pay in cash.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by vasaratti: 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2018
#8: Guild Wars Dhuum
Sometimes a loud example must be made a shady ban and a sternly worded email just may not be enough. Sometimes you need the personification of death to surface to decimate the offender's soul .

Guild Wars took that kind of approach for any user found breaking the rules. The massive doom Guild Wars answer for the Grim Reaper, would arise from the ground to slice the offender into giving all those around him a very clear message if you cheat you too will be murdered. I think that's pretty effective if nothing else.

1 Like

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by vasaratti: 1:35pm On Nov 07, 2018
#7: Guild Wars 2
It seems that the Devs behind Guild Wars have a sadistic streak that carried all the way into the sequel, cue our unwitting victim a cheater Darkside .

Darkside had the bright idea of dodging the skill effort in practice other players put into the game's excellent combat system opting for the dishonorable route of hacking his way to crazy damage instead.

Chris clearly head of Guild War to security took that quite personal, he assumed control of Darkside's characters, disrobed him publicly, shamed him and had him jumped to his death, then deleted his account.

That's what i call a gank grin

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by vasaratti: 1:39pm On Nov 07, 2018
#6: Banjo Koozie
Banjo Kazooie was a fairly forgiving, yet very stern game. It had a host of cheat codes we could use to ease the experience or inject some wacky fun but should we stray from those officially supported cheats, the retribution would be brutal.

Entering an unofficial cheat code once prompt a warning that "should we continue, our progress would be wiped". The second time a friendly mole pops up to calmly reaffirm the threat on the third it all came true and any pushy gamers met their makers their game pack and our progress with it was erased. I don't think there are any cheat codes to get around that.

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by vasaratti: 1:42pm On Nov 07, 2018
#5: Max Payne 3
Some bans are sometimes called for, they're quite absolute. Developers may want to afford players a second chance to redeem their mistakes, specifically, the developers of Max Payne 3 who in lieu of a total banishment simply sent offenders to their own little server populated by other cheaters then have the opportunity to forge their own destiny.

Well they either work their way back into the ranks of normalcy to play with everyone once again or continue their sinful ways with the rest of the rejects, probably most hacker would choose neither they probably just slit out the disk and put something else in and then cheat it in that too

1 Like

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by vasaratti: 1:47pm On Nov 07, 2018
#4: GTA 5 Online
GTA5 online is no-holds-barred mayhem, you'd be forgiven for thinking that in this explosive world of organized crime and drug induced hallucinations anything goes.

Well actually you wouldn't be forgiven by Rockstar

For players too destructive even for this chaotic environment they were gifted a dunce cap, the equivalent of a big glowing neon arrow pointing down on you that says "this guy's a douche".

So remember next time you want a little retribution on that guy who obliterated your sports car with an 18-wheeler, be sneaky about it, plant some c4 instead grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by vasaratti: 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2018
#3: The Witcher 3
The Witcher 3 earned itself a lot of praise, a lot of awards and a lot of brilliant ratings. I remember every step of our journey for many players, a few thousand of those steps were spent camped in the same cow field, exploiting an unintentional get-rich-quick method as they skim the same cows over and over and over again ad nauseam to line their pocket.

Project Reds response to this summons up an enormous monster to rampage across the Cow field massacring any would-be cow tippers, a little harsh, but a lot effective.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by vasaratti: 1:51pm On Nov 07, 2018
#2: SlenderMan
Bugging through a wall is a time-honored method that players abused to wriggle their way outside of game's boundaries and in fairness when the freaking sweat man is chasing you, it's pretty fair to want to get out of there at all cost.

Sadly you should know that's not going to fly with the Slenderman, while glitchers who managed to hop out of bounds will be greeted with not only no floor but the horrifying message, the Slenderman saying loud and clear "Not even a bug in this game will save you from me"...... Duly noted, it won't happen again grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by vasaratti: 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2018
#1: H1Z1
H1Z1 is an open world zombie survival game, with elements of crafting survival and cooperation. Yeah another one, but like the rest it has quite a following and a chunk of those are unscrupulous hackers, they make themselves invincible, shoot through walls and generally are quite the nuisance.

30,000 of these nuisances were scalped from the game and the demand made by John Smedley for re-entry into H1Z1 is the ultimate humiliation, a video apology of the tens of thousands of bans. Only three people's videos were deemed sincere enough to allow reentry the rest while they either festered or their failed submissions were uploaded by the deads themselves in a mockery video even I think that's way too brutal but still pretty damn funny.

1 Share

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by hahn(m): 1:58pm On Nov 07, 2018
#1 - Ayo grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by vasaratti: 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2018
I'm confident that you'll have been able to happily indulge in the misfortune of this loathsome lot of cheaters, in fact maybe this even spurred a few of your own memories of playing with troublemakers. if it has we'd love to hear them and more to the point how they were handed their comeuppance share your stories in the comments below and don't forget to keep it clean and play fair when you're online.
Lalasticlala
Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by KhingOvie: 10:21pm On Nov 07, 2018
Cant remember the last time i played video games?

... oh, its coming back to me.

Some years ago at an old class mates house, the dude trashed me 20 - 1 (soccer)

2 Likes

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by gregpee: 10:21pm On Nov 07, 2018
dedicate this ftc to juve for cutting my ticket tonight
Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by Laju1234: 10:22pm On Nov 07, 2018
Ok.. na only PES I don play sha

1 Like

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by Leopantro: 10:23pm On Nov 07, 2018
vasaratti:
#9: Link's Awakening
Link's Awakening wasn't important outing for the series. Established as one of Nintendo's heavy hitters, it needed to score a home run on the Game Boy handheld to cement its position.

Nintendo wanted to go to whatever lengths necessary to assure we enjoyed the game fully including branding us a thief and killing us in cold blood if we stole from the humble shopkeeper he'd label us a thief. A title everyone would use in place of our actual names

What's worse than that disgrace, should we walk back into his store perhaps to offer an apology he'd wipe us off the face of Hyrule with a laser gun next time we'll pay in cash.

Hehehehe
i remember this.
men it's been long i played this

here's another one.

In Orcania of time and i think links to the past, if you decide to become evil and keep striking the chickens with your sword, the will retaliate and start attacking you. if you are not careful and run away they can kill you.

Death by Chicken.
what a foul way to die.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by Omololu001: 10:27pm On Nov 07, 2018
grin

This is one of the reason I stopped playing GTA those hackers made me fed up.

I hardly play video games this days even though I have a PlayStation 4, is there a cheat for PES?

1 Like

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by Mycoin(m): 10:28pm On Nov 07, 2018
thank God I don't play those shit
Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by kingharzy: 10:32pm On Nov 07, 2018
gregpee:
dedicate this ftc to juve for cutting my ticket tonight
GLO, we are the grandmasters of data.

13 Likes

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by uuzba(m): 10:39pm On Nov 07, 2018
Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by DopeTech(m): 10:41pm On Nov 07, 2018
vasaratti:
I'm confident that you'll have been able to happily indulge in the misfortune of this loathsome lot of cheaters, in fact maybe this even spurred a few of your own memories of playing with troublemakers. if it has we'd love to hear them and more to the point how they were handed their comeuppance share your stories in the comments below and don't forget to keep it clean and play fair when you're online.
Lalasticlala

Nice one
Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by MorataFC: 10:43pm On Nov 07, 2018
grin
kingharzy:

1 Like

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by Topmaike007(m): 10:44pm On Nov 07, 2018
video gamers over to you
Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 07, 2018
Any game other than PES Soccer, chess and maybe car race, I am not interested.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by koolgee(m): 10:49pm On Nov 07, 2018
grin grin
Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by Yuceeluv(f): 11:42pm On Nov 07, 2018
grin as in ehn...I wept for the guy in my heart when I saw his comment.

kingharzy:

1 Like

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 11:51pm On Nov 07, 2018
vasaratti:

For those of us who play fair, seeing a cheater rocking up the rankings with cheap tricks and hacks is infuriating. However, seeing these conniving players receive some much-needed discipline, that's raw gratifications.

I've decided to compile a countdown of some of the most creative and awesome ways, video games have gone about dishing out some sweet sweet punishment to players.

I have carried the Dunce cap numerous times and kept in a killer freaks lobby for 48hours for blowing up cars or product crates, killing innocent players, using the orbital Canon on rivals CEO's ... grin

Gta online is gold really.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Hilariously Evil Ways Video Games Developers Punished Cheaters by DICKtator: 12:36am On Nov 08, 2018
Leopantro:

Hehehehe
i remember this.
men it's been long i played this

here's another one.

In Orcania of time and i think links to the past, if you decide to become evil and keep striking the chickens with your sword, the will retaliate and start attacking you. if you are not careful and run away they can kill you.

Death by Chicken.
what a foul way to die.

Loool at "Fowl" way to die!.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Activate Multiplayer Mode On PES 2016 ISO PSP On Android / PES2016 Lagging On Pc / Why U Should Never Use Lucky Patcher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.