Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

What Should I Do - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Should I Do (798 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do by stellauc(f): 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2010
A friend called and told me how her relationship of seven months is about to clash.
She had a discussion with her guy concerning his intentions towards her, that he has never said anything about committment during the period the relationship lasted.The guy is 34yrs old, while she is 30.
He told her she is the type of girl he will close his eyes and say 'i do' to, but that he has his own piorities (goals to met).1-To exterblish his own business(he is working).2_To get his own accomodation(not homeless), 3_That his investment(business) must gain ground. He is not yet ready for commitment even though he hopes to be a father in future.
When she was like asking him to tell her if she realy has a chance with him, if yes, when he thinks he will be ready, and if she should maybe wait for him. He has always profess to love her so much and cannot imagine life without her.His response was that it will be wicked of him to assk her to wait, knowing her major desire is to settle down(she is a graduate and working).He does not make promises, and will not promise her marriage, he only plans, and right now marriage is not one of them.she can go ahead with her own plans and if if maybe when he finally decides to marry, and she is still single, she should not expect him to come back to her as an only alternative.
She is asking if she should go back to him and appologise for bringing up the issue of committment, or to forget him and move on with life.Pls. no insult, urgent advice needed.
Re: What Should I Do by MrCork24: 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2010
stella u c, babay, why dont we hook up over dinner, and i will tell u what to do?

Do you like Jollof rice & chicken or just Boli? tongue
Re: What Should I Do by cold(m): 1:38pm On Jul 22, 2010
I think the guy has been as frank and as blunt as it gets.I'd advise your friend to move on rather than dissipate her time and energy 'hanging on'.It will only be an exercise in futility,trust me this sure is a dead end.
Re: What Should I Do by jaybee3(m): 1:39pm On Jul 22, 2010
If her ultimate goal is 2 get married then a simple advice is for her to change course.
She ain't getting any younger so she better start dating.
Re: What Should I Do by Blueice4re(f): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2010
Am srroy but i must say these, does it mean at her age she doesn't know what she wants. The man is rightly telling her it is over and she  still wants to beg, i mean what for please let her move on with her life and a man that deserves her will come fort.
Re: What Should I Do by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2010
LMAO most guys run away when the topic of marriage is brought up grin
But all jokes apart, when a man says "I am no ready for marriage or commitment"
That's means not with you! Your friend have two choices here as I see it, stay or
leave.

Your friend could stick around and let him keep leading her on, (who knows maybe he may pop the question one
day himself tongue) but if she is ready to settle down, then the only option is to leave.
Re: What Should I Do by LOVE4BUG(f): 2:51pm On Jul 22, 2010
pls tell her not to beg, because that will give the guy and edge to mess her up. let her leave the guy in peace ( no grudge) and then free her mind and live a free life (an open life). Dnt date anyone in a rush and she will be surprised how the right man will walk right in.

Good Luck cry cry cry
Re: What Should I Do by MrCork24: 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2010
YOu will get stuck with one Womanliness for life if u get married (bad idea)
Re: What Should I Do by iice(f): 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2010
Some guys are not ready to settle down be it the right woman or not.  
If she's looking to marry fast then she should leave.  If she can deal with waiting or eventually not getting married to him, it's up to her.  Some things are not certain. . .one just has to make the best of the situation for them at that point in time.
Re: What Should I Do by MrCork24: 3:38pm On Jul 22, 2010
lice , hon, am ready to settle down. U gots big Nyansh? tongue
Re: What Should I Do by Marhoski(m): 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2010
^^ hehehe rotfl grin grin
Re: What Should I Do by vivaladiva(f): 3:57pm On Jul 22, 2010
honesty is the best policy
Re: What Should I Do by 2sleek2NV(m): 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2010
All this "MY FRIEND" things, i dey doubt dem o. are u sure u are not d person cos your profile pix make u look 30.
Re: What Should I Do by iice(f): 4:36pm On Jul 22, 2010
Mr_Cork:

lice , hon, am ready to settle down. U gots big Nyansh? tongue

And you are?
Re: What Should I Do by adaybola(f): 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2010
This guy is not ready for marriage and he's honest about it. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you. He’s just being careful not to promise tomorrow cos you both have different priorities.

Now, the ball is in your court. It's better to wait and get it right than doing it now and getting it wrong and you'll eventually go back to being single with the tag "Divorcee". Don't let your age push you around. Just Bcuz you are 30 doesn't mean you have to be desperate. Trust me, I know how you feel, thread softly and use your head. You know what you want in life and you need to get it right. Men can sense when we are desperate to settle down and they are scared of that. You don’t need to apologize for talking about your relationship, doing that would confirm to him that u r desperate. Stop singing marriage into his hears. I don't believe all men are scared of getting married. When a man find the right person, his thinking will change and all of a sudden he won't want to loose what he has and he's talking marriage and all that. I’ve learnt that the most important thing in life is having someone you love and who loves you back by your side. Enjoy each day you have cuz you aint gonna get it back. Enjoy the blissful love you both share. Can you imagine “a marriage without love”? Just support him and show him love. Be positive for your love and sow for it. Put marriage out of your mind for now and enjoy the blissful relationship

Pls don’t get me wrong. Am not asking you to stay if all you want in life is “Mrs. Somebody”. If all you want is marriage then pull the plug now and get someone else. You might be lucky to get someone who will love you after all.
Re: What Should I Do by stellauc(f): 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2010
In respect to the last post i sent, my friend called me on sunday to tell me that her guy called her to enquire about her well been after the issue of committment was brought up two months ago. some guys can be something else
Re: What Should I Do by Omolola1(f): 5:43pm On Sep 23, 2010
hmmn! she should 4get him, she is not getting any younger~
Re: What Should I Do by ice234: 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2010
am not gettin younger this line has made so many girls desperate pls delete it from ur vocab
Re: What Should I Do by Omolola1(f): 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2010
whatever! she is THIRTY!!
Re: What Should I Do by ice234: 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2010
thirty!!! she still has age on her side
Re: What Should I Do by olanajim(m): 6:46pm On Sep 23, 2010
@stella,
Tell the lady to be careful!

Saying sorry to the man isnt going to answer her question. What she need is a short time to reevaluate the relationship.

Something tell me that is not all about the story.

I will be careful not to judge the man. But if the naration above is true, then the lady should start looking for plan B.

(1) (Reply)

Problem Of Having Many Female Friends / indecency / Ladies Asking Guys Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.