Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria (61815 Views)

Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / My Amanchor Cave Adventure And Guide / Adventure In Ireland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by hustla(m): 12:06pm On Nov 16, 2018
WhoBeThisMan:
op i feeeeeeeeel you

i feeeeeeeeeeeeeeel you.
this was exctly how I felt my first time abroad
you have this over whelming feeling that you have been cheated all your life in Nigeria.

my brother, no matter how mich money you have in Nigeria, you are still live like a poor man and you dont know.

100% true

3 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by OldBeer: 12:07pm On Nov 16, 2018
Funny thread. Thank God my entire family escaped that hellhole.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by excelee(m): 12:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
CAN U LINK ME WIT THE NGO AM ACTUALLY WANT TO TRAVEL OUT OF DIS COUNTRY JUS TO SEE OTHER CLIMES....AM 38 YRS AND VE NEVER GONE OUT OF NIGERIA.....I CAN WORK FOR THEM FOR FREE.....PLS HELP ME

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by DeepSight(m): 12:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
Lucifer66:

Ignorance, You're basically like the person in charge of our power supply just useless excuses.

Really?

Can you point out the excuses I have made?

Is it wrong or false to say that we need to get involved and work hard on our country rather than call on our country men to abandon ship just because like Osuofia he just saw the western world for the first time? ? ?

Tell me, I am listening.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by GavelSlam: 12:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
The problem with u zombies is that ure not in Nigeria,but ure outside campaigning for buhari to continue,why don't u come to Nigeria to enjoy buhari change

I live in Nigeria.

I'm often out of the country for business.

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by ollah2: 12:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
Sibrah:

Bayelsa state should have hinted you about what Gabon would look like. Bayelsa has a relatively small land mass and small population but has an impressive FAAC allocation due to the extra 13% derivation.
Bayelsa owes salary and can't even pay new proposed minimum wage.
They have salty water all around them but can't use heat from flared gas or solar heater to distill it into clean industrial grade and drinkable water.
They have gas in their backyard but can't build a medium sized power plant to help electrify isolated communities.
Winners Chapel built a 15MW plant to feed a 20,000 community at less than N2B in ota and get gas from shell in Lagos so Bayelsa can do it but hasn't.
Don't be surprised pal, even though I haven't gone out like you to see the world out there. I have always seen the pattern from here in Nigeria. It is largely a black man thing.

Some fo.ols here will soon blame buhari or Christianity for our backwardness, just observe closely.

You have spoken well but some blames can be put to religion( foreign religions actually). Imagine if politicians are sworn in with out local gods? Oh yes, they know our local gods are pretty active so they won't mess up. Foreign gods are powerless in Nigeria.

We should start swearing politicians with Ogun, Ifa, Amadioha, Osun etc and watch how Nigeria will begin to progress

7 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Xisnin(m): 12:11pm On Nov 16, 2018
benuejosh:
I understood your points, reasoned alike with you and felt the frustrations in Africa and Nigeria in Particular. But, your sudden change of tune and use of words here almost gave me dislike about your personality. Or where there other motives for the write up? No matter how painful it is, is it wise we always respect our leader atleast with words we use on them. They have not gotten it right and they are also people's parent like you also have. If i may ask, When did democracy start in Nigeria? what were the efforts of those past leaders? what did they do so right that this man came and spoilt everything? while insult a Man who has just gone three years out of the many years others had to change the event of things or lay down foundation for a better country but couldn't? We all feel the frustrations but inasmuch as it is so painful, we should watch our choice of words. Your choice of words here doesn't depicts a person who desirably wants change. Change doesn't come because we insult our leaders. EXCEPT you had a different motive for this post. Our question should be, how do we get the desired leaders? what is our own personal efforts towards a better country? Your post was interesting, we both share in the pains. It was lovely reading your travel experience.
I am surprised you didn't see his motives from the beginning.
He wrote this epistle to put down people who have never traveled abroad.
You can see the deep-seated hatred in his replies.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Lucifer66(m): 12:11pm On Nov 16, 2018
After reading the story and the comments, I can confidently say NIGERIANS are idiots!!
People are supporting and claiming that Nigeria will be great one day, It will never happen.
I know that this country will fall apart due a civil war and hopefully I will be in another land as I laugh and spit on this nation.
Why are people supporting Atiku is something I don't get, That man stole money when he was a VP, what stops him from doing it again? There are other candidates there but Nigerians are too foolish to understand that!
A cursed race is what we are, A cursed country is what we call home, A cursed continent is what we call our land!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Taofeekdboy(m): 12:11pm On Nov 16, 2018
The OP might be right with some of his points but at the same time he did a poor work by tagging individual names, cursing each and everyone living in the country. As I have traveled out of the country, I am not happy with the situation of things in my dear country but at the same time, I can’t curse my country of origin simply because of what I saw outside the country, most of this European and American countries were built by their citizens’ taxes, they paid a lot for it before it look like that but here in Naija, there are few who pay taxes and many multi billionaires prefer making money off the country without paying their taxes, how do you expect growth and development in such occasion. Our politicians and leaders are corrupt, we know, but average Nigerian is more corrupt because he hasn’t attained that position yet, dimeji bankole is a perfect example..Nigeria was great before is an excuse, during that time, Nig. Population was 60 million plus, now it’s more than 200 million with the same infrastructures and basic amenities being in place then. I am not against who wants to travel out of the country before some people who won’t read meaning to post starts ranting and abusing me, you are free to leave the country but don’t curse your country, paint her black because of what you see outside the country, we have black people making great things within the country and outside the country, at times there might not be opportunity to showcase your talent in your fatherland, if you find that kind of opportunity outside doesn’t mean you should be cursing your country...there are some of this Europeans migrating to other European countries because of job opportunities and better livelihood but you won’t see them coming online to shattered their country’s images and citizens....Nigeria might not be great now but with our collective effort, she will soon be great.

13 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Priapus007: 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
Spot on

Bayelsa state should have hinted you about what Gabon would look like. Bayelsa has a relatively small land mass and small population but has an impressive FAAC allocation due to the extra 13% derivation.
They have salty water all around them but can't use heat from flared gas or solar heater to distill it into clean industrial grade and drinkable water.
They have gas in their backyard but can't build a medium sized power plant to help electrify isolated communities.
Winners Chapel built a 15MW plant to feed a 20,000 community at less than N2B in ota and get gas from shell in Lagos so Bayelsa can do it but hasn't.
Don't be surprised pal, even though I haven't gone out like you to see the world out there. I have always seen the pattern from here in Nigeria. It is largely a black man thing.

Some fo.ols here will soon blame buhari or Christianity for our backwardness, just observe closely. [/quote]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by ollah2: 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
darkelf:

If you visit common UAE, you will be very angry and probably use even more acerbic words

Don't mind him. Its difficult for a patriotic Nigerian to contain his anger when he experiences a good quality of life outside the shores of Nigeria. He was even lenient with his words

11 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by nullboss: 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
The problem with u zombies is that ure not in Nigeria,but ure outside campaigning for buhari to continue,why don't u come to Nigeria to enjoy buhari change
No mind the bastard

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Xisnin(m): 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
SaintHilary:

I just dey pity my naija babe wey think say if I travel come back I go carry am...make I hear I come bk sef
You will learn from experience.

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Priapus007: 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
Spot On!!!
Sibrah:

Some fo.ols here will soon blame buhari or Christianity for our backwardness, just observe closely.

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by HarryDuce(m): 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
DeepSight:

OP is simply a bush, ignorant, shallow and untravelled person - suffering from an inferiority complex.
Shame on Nairaland also for putting a thread like this on the front page.

What message are you trying to promote? ? ?
Op might have an inferiority complex, yes.

But this thread deserves to be on the front page. You can call it a food-for-thought. grin

We don't have to downplay the experiences we face in this country. Saying we are not the worst is pointless and does nothing to help our situation either. We should always strive to be better and we will be better eventually. I only abhor his vanity and choice of words; his message is a necessity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by madridguy(m): 12:13pm On Nov 16, 2018
My head is swelling up tongue

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by OldBeer: 12:14pm On Nov 16, 2018
DeepSight:

Joining the self hating low minded inferiority complex ridden crew?

You are the shithole.

Dunce.
grin grin
Call me whatever.
I never have to wake up and pray for light, water, basic necessities. Or to live like a human being.
Me no care. grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Lucifer66(m): 12:15pm On Nov 16, 2018
DeepSight:

Really?

Can you point out the excuses I have made?

Is it wrong or false to say that we need to get involved and work hard on our country rather than call on our country men to abandon ship just because like Osuofia he just saw the western world for the first time? ? ?

Tell me, I am listening.
It is impossible to take Nigeria towards the right direction, every president knows they are above the law thanks to 'impunity'
Even if people decide to protest the military will shoot us down like flies and this will cause a huge civil war. The nation will be divided and become a failed state like Somalia.
Best thing to do is to leave soon as possible, legally and with an idea on how start a new life abroad..

10 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by DeepSight(m): 12:15pm On Nov 16, 2018
HarryDuce:
Op might have an inferiority complex, yes.

But this thread deserves to be on the front page. You can call it a food-for-thought. grin

We don't have to downplay the experiences we face in this country. Saying we are not the worst is pointless and does nothing to help our situation either. I only abhor his choice of words; his message is a necessity.

Certainly not the part where he urges all who can to abandon ship and certainly not the part where he states that Nigeria will "never" be better.

That is pathetic, low minded, self hating c.rap

8 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by DeepSight(m): 12:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
Lucifer66:

It is impossible to take Nigeria towards the right direction, every president knows they are above the law thanks to 'impunity'
Even if people decide to protest the military will shoot us down like flies and this will cause a huge civil war. The nation will be divided and become a failed state like Somalia.
Best thing to do is to leave soon as possible, legally and with an idea on how start a new life abroad..

I am sorry but this is too shallow and St.upid to be worthy of further response.

You are a disgrace to your very DNA.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Itzurboi(m): 12:18pm On Nov 16, 2018
OldBeer:
You were running mouth like tap.
Now they have put in your place, you want to run.
Some of you think everybody that comes here also stay in your shíthole.
Hey kid, what do you want from dad this time...

3 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by monchazfarms: 12:18pm On Nov 16, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Nigeria shall be great again

Has Nigeria ever been great?I beg to know when.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by DeepSight(m): 12:20pm On Nov 16, 2018
OldBeer:
You were running mouth like tap.
Now they have put you in your place, you want to run.
Some of you think everybody that comes here also stay in your shíthole.

Joining the self hating low minded inferiority complex ridden crew?

You are the shithole.

Dunce.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:
Did I talk about Italian women? I have never met such beautiful women in my life. Beautiful and very interesting. I used to think it was impossible for women to be interesting and funny but white women proved me so wrong. My Co workers were always so fun to have conversations with. They knew absolutely everything about everything cause they read a whole lot. In Italy, the women are always smiling all the time ( it's a total different ball game in most African countries where most women are always ugly and angry all the time) and the greetings omg. It's not weird to hug a woman and give her a peck on both cheeks and say bounjourno or bounesera depending on what time of the day it is. La spezia had a lot of beautiful women but then we took a road trip to Milan and it was like a total different ball game. It was just like a real life miss world beauty pageant.

Italian women are the most beautiful I have ever seen in my life. I just pray I can marry a Nigerian because ever since I got back all the girls are just ugly to my eyes cheesy

E say e go real life miss world pageant... Hahahaha I'm tearing up
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Lucifer66(m): 12:21pm On Nov 16, 2018
DeepSight:

I am sorry but this is too shallow and St.upid to be worthy of further response.

You are a disgrace to your very DNA.
You know it is the too truth but you're to brainwashed to realize it.
I would gladly change my DNA for a life in a developed country with a job.
Hypocrite.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by kanubiafra: 12:21pm On Nov 16, 2018
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 16, 2018
Lucifer66:

It is obvious you have never dated a foreigner.
I would gladly take a south African girl over a Nigerian girl.
Nigeria women aren't near as beautiful as those women.

grin

Ex Wife #1: US Citizen / White

Ex Wife #2: UK Citizen / White (4 children).

Current Wife: Nigerian Citizen / Black (I have to put this because I have an Indian co worker who was born and raised in Nigeria until the age of 25).

Have been in long term relationships (not just after club romp) with Chinese, Mexican, Swiss, Argentinian citizens.

All women are beautiful in their own right. There are ugly and beautiful people from all races. I suggest that you expand your dating circle.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 16, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Nigeria shall be great again

Do not post false information on nairaland

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 16, 2018
DeepSight:

Certainly not the part where he urges all who can to abandon ship and certainly not the part where he states that Nigeria will "never" be better.

That is pathetic, low minded, self hating c.rap

Absolutely.

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 16, 2018
Xisnin:

You will learn from experience.

He will. Experience is an awesome teacher.

5 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 16, 2018
lol and according to europe standards, Italy is a shithole.. lmao!

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Lucifer66(m): 12:26pm On Nov 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:

grin

Ex Wife #1: US Citizen / White

Ex Wife #2: UK Citizen / White (4 children).

Current Wife: Nigerian Citizen / Black (I have to put this because I have an Indian co worker who was born and raised in Nigeria until the age of 25).

Have been in long term relationships (not just after club romp) with Chinese, Mexican, Swiss, Argentinian citizens.

All women are beautiful in their own right. There are ugly and beautiful people from all races. I suggest that you expand your dating circle.
We have different taste then, I have dated a girl from US, sa, several from 9ja and UK.
All these were far better than the 9ja ones but I guess we have different taste then.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Unidentified Lady Involved In Accident In Lagos. Do You Know Her? (Pictured) / UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians / Airport Workers Push Passenger Plane In Nigeria (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.