Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole (22419 Views)

Tinubu Declares Panel’s Investigation Against Emefiele Closed / Why I Side With Godwin Obaseki Against Adams Oshiomhole - Philip Shaibu (part 5) / Adams Oshiomhole Lands In Benin Airport, Received By Supporters (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by gimmehear(f): 11:30am On Nov 12, 2018
Posted on November 12, 2018 AuthorTemi Badmus Comment(0)
EFCC begins bribery investigation against Adams Oshimole

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) will this week begin investigation into allegations of financial impropriety leveled against the embattled national chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, and his Chief of Staff, Abbas Braimoh.

Speaking at the weekend, a member of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC), who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the anti-graft agency will invite Oshiomhole for interrogation over the allegations as they constitute financial crime.

According to him, there were series of petitions forwarded to the anti-graft agency by some aggrieved stakeholders of the party following the outcome of the just concluded primaries where it was alleged that Oshiomhole allegedly collected bribes to award the party’s tickets to the highest bidder.

“From available information, I believe the EFCC is looking into the matter and the national chairman and his Chief of Staff may be invited this week. Aside the DSS, some aggrieved members also petitioned the EFCC, alleging that the recently concluded primaries were marred by bribery allegations.

“While many of the aspirants didn’t come out in the open, we have seen people like Osita Okechukwu, the Director-General of the Voice of Nigeria (VON), who pointedly accused Oshiomhole of corruptly enriching himself through the primaries. He also urged the DSS and EFCC to immediately probe the call logs of Oshiomhole.

“So, I believe the EFCC will begin its probe this week. Those who wrote the petition will be made to present their facts while the national chairman will defend himself”, he said.

“What happens, thereafter, will determine the fate of the national chairman”, he noted.

On whether President Muhammadu Buhari will not intervene just as he was reported to have done when Oshiomhole was grilled by the DSS, another source in the presidency said while he was not aware of the EFCC case, the president will not intervene if indeed Oshiomhole is found guilty.

“I don’t think the president will shield him or prevent EFCC from doing its job. If you know, the president has always given the EFCC a free hand to investigate anyone no matter how highly placed. The president will not stop EFCC from doing its job.

“Remember, the general election is just few weeks away and one of the campaign promises is the fight against corruption. So, how can it be said that he is shielding the national chairman of his party from being investigated? If he does that, the opposition will latch on to that and it will not do his image or the party a lot of good.

“If the president decides to investigate the DSS saga, that is understandable based on reports that the DSS asked the national chairman to resign. It is not their responsibility to do that since he was elected by members of the party. If found guilty, the DSS should come out and say so and allow the party do the needful”, he said.

Efforts to reach the EFCC and Oshiomhole proved abortive as calls and text messages sent to their phones were not answered as at the time of going to press.

Oshiomhole, who had earlier addressed the media at the weekend, had denied collecting money from anybody to favour them at the primaries, saying if it has to do with money, the governors, who are making the allegations, are better placed to do such.

Also speaking on his invitation by the DSS, he stated that if it is about corruption issue, there won’t be need for intervention of the agency, but the EFCC.

“Let me tell you, I’ve heard some people talk about bribe and Imo State. I’ve looked round and I’m asking myself, who, in Imo State can afford to bribe me.

“Ordinarily, I should be protective of the person in power who should have the resources to dole out something. But I’m standing on principle, so that cannot happen and that did not happen. So, who is it in Imo that can induce me?”

He also denied reports that he met with National Leader of the APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, in London over his interaction with the DSS.

Oshiomhole, who spoke to reporters in Benin City after attending the interdenominational service to mark Governor Godwin Obaseki’s second year in office, explained that there was no reason for him to go to London to see Tinubu when he could easily see him in Lagos.

The former Edo State governor said he has unhindered access to the Presidential Villa to see the leader of the APC, President Muhammadu Buhari.

According to him, “What am I doing in London? Why should I go to London to see Tinubu when I can see him in Bourdillon?

“What are the issues between him and me that we are to resolve in London? The leader of the party which is President Buhari, I have access to the Villa all the time. I don’t need to go to London to see my leader through the Queen.

“The truth is that once a news reporter succeeds in preaching one lie, he is obliged to preach several lies to sustain the one lie. Some of the media having allowed opposition to misuse them to fake news they now feel obliged to faking more news but I am here and I am fine.”

Speaking about the grievances of some aspirants, Oshiomhole urged them to learn from President Buhari, who contested for the presidency three times without losing hope. He said there was no way he could make all the contestants win at the primaries.

Reacting to the issue, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) challenged Oshiomhole to come out clean on whether he actually collected money to favour some aspirants in his party or not instead of avoiding the issue when quizzed by journalists.

Kola Ologbondiyan, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, in a chat said Oshiomhole should tell Nigerians whether he actually received bribes from APC aspirants or not.

“If you went through everything the national chairman of APC said about his invitation by DSS and his interactive session he deviated from the fact of the matter. What are the facts of the matter?

“The fact of the matter was that he was invited and investigated on issues bordering on malfeasance and corruption. During his interview with journalists, Oshiomhole tactically avoided the questions posed to him about corruption.

“The position of PDP is very clear. We believe that the DSS invited Oshiomhole particularly on issues bordering on corruption. He should address that corruption issue and tell the media the truth. Until he does that, everything he said is secondary. It is of no bearing and does not matter to the issue at stake.

“The issue at stake is: did he collect money from aspirants seeking the partly’s ticket or not and gave the ticket to the highest bidder? This is a clear case of corruption if true and if the EFCC has taken over the case, to us in the PDP, it is a welcome development”, he said.
http://gimmehear.com/efcc-begins-bribery-investigation-adams-oshimole/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by SolutionMee: 11:31am On Nov 12, 2018
cheesy
They should please stop it ASAP. That's more like witch hunting of perceived political opponent.
How can they put an ugly midget in the same sweatbox with handsome detainees? That will be a big threat to his fellow jailbirds.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by Luminary1(f): 11:33am On Nov 12, 2018
Karma is ah bïtch.

13 Likes

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by sekundosekundo: 11:36am On Nov 12, 2018
The way they investigated Babachir Lawal and Adeosun.

Jokers....

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by feddis(m): 11:46am On Nov 12, 2018
One day, "Bush meat go catch the hunter".

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by socialmediaman: 11:47am On Nov 12, 2018
EFCC - Bunch of comedians!

7 Likes

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 12, 2018
When buratai was cleared by buhari over his Dubai mansions.This matter will follow the same path

7 Likes

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by Racoon(m): 11:56am On Nov 12, 2018
“The fact of the matter was that he was invited and investigated on issues bordering on malfeasance and corruption. During his interview with journalists, Oshiomhole tactically avoided the questions posed to him about corruption...."

Watched the interview yestdy night on Channels TV.
Being the shameless professional criminals that they are in the APC, when clearly asked asked if the allegation is true Oshiomole simply tried frantically in vain not to answer this question.

Same way the APC spokesman tried in vain to deny the grilling of Oshiomole by the DSS earlier last week. These are just the usual pyschological impulsive trait to prevaricate when caught in the act.Too bad!

Meanwhile,this is still the APC charade to deceive the gullible zombies as no meaningful high profile in-house corruption have been logically pursued or concluded.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by 3millionia: 12:28pm On Nov 12, 2018
Fake investigation.You know you know

cool

6 Likes

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by loadedvibes: 12:29pm On Nov 12, 2018
This the downfall begins.. But wait o.. Is it not naija again.. No level.. We won't hear what happened last last

3 Likes

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by zombieTRACKER: 12:29pm On Nov 12, 2018
What is there to investigate...

The baboon is the face of APc

All past criminals...

He is obviously guilty

4 Likes

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by tommykiwi(m): 12:29pm On Nov 12, 2018
Noise makers!

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by zombieTRACKER: 12:30pm On Nov 12, 2018
3millionia:
Fake investigation.You know you know

cool

They are only embarrassing themselves

8 Likes

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by LibertyRep: 12:30pm On Nov 12, 2018
If Oshiomole truly dipped his hand in the cookie jar, then he should honorably resign
Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by kareemkamil(m): 12:30pm On Nov 12, 2018
hmm
Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by ThanosIsHere: 12:30pm On Nov 12, 2018
All to either pacify those that were unjustly denied running tickets...... Or put a leash on Oshiomole like they tried to do on Saraki using CCT just in case he isn't dancing to the kerewawa beat of the cabal running this kwanteree. Either way their motives are never genuine.

7 Likes

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by Favor99(m): 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
Man politics is very dirty and cold-blooded
They just don’t like Oshimohole
Aren’t all of them corrupt anyway?
Don’t they all loot the nations treasury?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by Kanixt(m): 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
Arrest Buhari, arrest osibanjo, arrest tinibu finally arrest adam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by EmirAbj: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
AT THIS JUNCTURE IT IS FINISHED FOR OSHO BABA AND APC

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by Originality007: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
grin grin What about the dollar man? grin

10 Likes

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
I laugh in corruption....

What about the kano state governor??

APC is a confused party...

2 Likes

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by IMASTEX: 12:38pm On Nov 12, 2018
Story!!!

The only system that is workable in Nigeria is corruption.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by mrbosun40: 12:38pm On Nov 12, 2018
1 DAY TO GO FOR THE TRAINING THAT WILL TRANSFORM YOUR ICT CAREER AND BUSINESS LIKE NEVER BEFORE!

BE A CROSS PLATFORM MOBILE APP DEVELOPER with IONIC IN 3 WEEKS – GUARANTEED!

Mobile apps are ruling the technology space right now and for those looking to establish a career in this field what better technology to learn than Ionic Framework? This revolutionary mobile app framework combines the power of HTML5 and Angular JS to help build the most sophisticated and interactive mobile apps – iOS and Android!

By the end of this intensive and interactive Ionic framework training, you can start building your own mobile apps., We will start from scratch, familiarizing you with the backbone of Ionic that is Angular JS and then moving onto Ionic fundamentals and services. You will learn by examples of Ionic CSS and JavaScript components, the use of HTML 5 and accessing native apps.

FEES: N30,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N40,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: TUESDAY 13TH OF NOVEMBER, 2018

VENUE: IKEJA, LAGOS

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and Basic Knowledge of JavaScript, CSS and HTML. HOWEVER, if you don’t have the basic web knowledge, we will train you on these at EXTRA VALUE before you can take up the IONIC training at all!

ITEM 7: Daily Lunch meal of real Nigerian dishes for participants – CONFIRMED!

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: At the end of this training, we guarantee that you would be able to Implement MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT!
We even offer the first training day FREE for those interested to come and taste the awesome practical MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT training we offer. But if after the one day free training you would like to commence the full training, you will be paying the full payment of N40,000!

Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by sotall(m): 12:39pm On Nov 12, 2018
Propaganda
Re: EFCC To Begin Bribery Investigation Against Adams Oshiomhole by Ijaya123: 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2018
Are they just waking up now?

After DSS goofed by getting involved in a matter that is beyond their brief.

Confused system everywhere.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emefiele In Import Duty Scandal Against President Buhari’s Directive - Sahara R / Agatu:Reno Omokri Replies Adesina:U Remind Me Of Malu Who Laugh At Odi Genocide / Looters List Allegedly Puts Dokpesi In Trouble, US Visa Reportedly Revoked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.