Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android (18427 Views)

You Are Not Poor If You Are Doing This On Your Own. / Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho / How To Check Recent Activity On Your Android Phone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by phonedaddy: 3:29pm On Nov 12, 2018
we are going to see things you should not do on your Android. Here, I am going to share with you some tips not to do while using Android. So let's start...

1> Don't Kill Apps/ tasks

Android is the best platform for multitasking, like Windows it lets you do several tasks at a time. But many people have the habit to clear apps from multitasking interface to free the RAM.

People think it will speed up their mobile but that's not the case.

Android is capable of managing the apps if there were too many apps opened in the background for a long time, and if there is a shortage of RAM to process the operation, Android automatically closes the apps that are been there for a long time without use.

When you kill the apps manually or use such apps like memory cleaner apps to kill the apps from the background, then when you open any app again it took more time to open and uses more sources of mobile which leads to drain your battery fast and slows down your mobile.

So don't kill apps manually let your Smartphone handle it even though it feels nice to do it manually.

2> Don't Install Antivirus Apps

Many people concerned about this while using Android. They think it will protect their device but honestly, I don't think they are necessary.

Google brings great protection on devices, Google Play services on your device features various scanning and security services that makes sure that the users are safe from any risks.

You don't need antivirus app just be careful while downloading apps on your Android. Don't download it from any unknown sources, try to use official developer’s app, not any random similar app.

3> Don't Give Permissions to Apps Blindly

App permission is one of the best ways for hackers who stole your information.

There are lots of apps the tube download, takes unnecessary permission from you even though it did not needed. So in this case, you have to be smart while giving your device permission to any app.

In some cases, the required permission by app does make sense but some apps ask you about your telephone, contacts, storage etc. even though it is not necessary.

So don't just blindly allow permissions to any apps you downloaded. Understand what that app does and according to that what permission does it needed.

4> Don't Clear Cache Daily

There are so many apps available that promise to free storage and they do so by clearing cache, but wait, this is not good for your device if you do it every day.

Cache is the most regularly used data of the app to make sure that the app opens fast when you relaunch it.

When you clear the cache all the saved data is gone and now when you open the app again it opens as a fresh from scratch. I.e. it took more time to load content and so it drains your battery.

However eventually cache data stored is increases in GB so in that case, you can clear the cache once in a week or so. And you don't need any external app to do that. Clearing cache is pretty simple.

Just go to the setting and then storage, open internal storage and at the end, you will see cached data. Just tap and clear it free storage. That's it.

5> Don't Use Battery Saver Apps

Many Android users believe that by installing battery saving app might save their battery but they don't. Yes, you heard it right. Then what they do?

Well, if you see any battery saving app, what they do is it kills the app that is running in the background, lower the brightness, screen timeout, close Bluetooth, GPS, and Wi-Fi etc. Well, these are the things that you can do yourself. Then what is the point of installing such apps.

So yeah battery saving apps do what you can do manually nothing else. And more on this, such apps continue to run in the background drain more battery.

The app to save battery is the one which drains more battery strange isn't it?

6> Shutdown/Restart Smartphone Twice a Week

This is a small tip but actually, it is very important. Rebooting your Smartphone twice a week makes sure your battery stays healthy.

Also, it resets the cache files that are stored on your phone and also helps with diagnostics; it gives your phone a fresh start by clearing any errors. So do it.

7> Don't Download Fake Apps

By fake apps I mean, apps that are similar to those original official apps. And there are so many apps on Play Store that are fake.

Example, if you want to download passport app then download only from its official developer but you can also see there are lots of similar results of similar apps that claim to do your work.

Either they gather your information or they use the link to redirect you to the official website. So be careful from such apps, even though some of them are not harmful to you but some of them are very. Because they can collect your data that you entered and misuse it and also they ask you different permissions of your device. So be aware of such apps.

8> Don't Download Apps from a Shared link on Whatsapp or any Other Media

You have definitely seen lots of messages on Whatsapp with links and message which recommend you to download that app by clicking that link. Such apps might be for to earn money, or to free recharge or any fake app message like download Whatsapp gold, silver like that for extra features.

You should be aware and stay away from such apps and they might harmful for your device as they may contain any virus’s cookies collect your data and jeopardize your safety and privacy.

9> Don't Root Your Android without Proper Knowledge

Well, there is crazy about rooting the Smartphone because it makes you admin of the device to play with its all functions and make changes or install external ROM etc. But wait; don't root your device unless you know what are you going to do after rooting and unless you have all knowledge about it.

Improper rooting may crack your device permanently; also many Smartphone companies not allow you to do so you do it when your phone is in warranty then doing so may void your warranty.

So do your homework before doing rooting

10> Don't Download Fraud Apps

In the last tip I want to tell you that stay away from such apps that promise you to increase your RAM, or fast charge your device or add fingerprint scanner on your device if not present already.

See, these kinds of things are hardware dependent and no software fix that. If your phone does not have fingerprint scanner then you can't add it by any app. Or if your phone comes with 4 GB of ram then that's it you cannot increase it to 6 GB.

Don't just see downloads or ratings of such apps, be a smart user of your Smartphone and don't let such apps spam you.

So, guys, these are some of the tips that you should take care about while using Android. If you like it then do share this with your friends and family & please leave your valuable thought in comment section below... Thank You So Much

http://www.infinix.club/ng/forum/352/821762

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by Silentscreamer(f): 4:01pm On Nov 12, 2018
Thanks op. Downloaded most of those things u mentioned in my phone just recently. Will delete them.

3 Likes

Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by Oyetboy(m): 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2018
Op shey na your phone? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by Ennyholar: 10:36pm On Nov 14, 2018
Thank you
I need to take now using my Tecno Pouvoir 2 Pro
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by dingbang(m): 7:07am On Nov 15, 2018
Download the First Bank Mobile App , thank me later.
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by cooldipo(m): 7:10am On Nov 15, 2018
grin
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by Biguyman: 7:10am On Nov 15, 2018
Don't ever in your life save Buhari pictures in your android

18 Likes

Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by eunicedaddy: 7:12am On Nov 15, 2018
WE DESIGN AND DEVELOP ALL TYPES AND KINDS OF WEBSITES, WEB APPS AND MOBILE APPS THAT ARE CUSTOM-MADE FOR YOUR BUSINESS, ORGANISATION OR BRAND

We have FULL-STACK Development professional team working at your service from our corporate office in Ikeja, Lagos

Features We will Deploy for Your Web App Software Project

== Secure SSL Certificate Installed for FREE
== 1 year US-based Hosting (comes with unlimited Traffic)
== Free Domain for 1 Year
== Beautiful Crafted Website
== SEO Implementation with Google Analytics & Google Console for Good online Ranking
== Comes developed with VERY GOOD Website Speed!
== Logo Design for your Brand (in case you don’t have)
== Websites comes with 99.9% uptime
== Basic Website Maintenance for 2 Months for FREE...YES! For Absolutely FREE!
== 2 Banner Designs to promote your brand…FOR FREE
== Unlimited Hosting Space

ARE YOU DEVELOPING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING?

• Inventory System Software
• Ecommerce Website
• Hotel Management System Software
• Financial Institutions System Software
• School Management System Software/ School Portal
• Hospital Management System Software Development
• Airport/ Airline Booking Management System Software
• Multi-Level Marketing System Software
• Social Media Network Application
• Photo Sharing Web Application
• Catalog Web Application Site
• Forums
• Sport Betting Website

DONT Let Web Quacks Develop your web/mobile apps for your business

CONTACT US TO GET STARTED NOW!

Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 15, 2018
Silentscreamer:
Thanks op. Downloaded most of those things u mentioned in my phone just recently. Will delete them.
Silentscreamer? What does that mean? Daughters of IITimothy at it again.
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by cooldipo(m): 7:13am On Nov 15, 2018
I have a powerbank that can charge your phone for a whole week, Laptop for between 10-24hours

See my signature below and recommend. Thanks
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by israelmao(m): 7:13am On Nov 15, 2018
Biguyman:

Bad guy.

1 Like

Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by cooldipo(m): 7:15am On Nov 15, 2018
Guilty!
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by lekjons(m): 7:15am On Nov 15, 2018
Don't kill tasks? Don't clear cache? Hmm, op isn't using a 1gb ram phone.. Lol!

If you know you know..

3 Likes

Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by adedayourt(m): 7:16am On Nov 15, 2018
I just restarted my phone
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by cooldipo(m): 7:16am On Nov 15, 2018
cooldipo:
I have a powerbank that can charge your phone for a whole week, Laptop for between 10-24hours

See my signature below and recommend. Thanks

Get enough juice in your android anywhere you go
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by israelmao(m): 7:18am On Nov 15, 2018
Life is a school we never graduate until our times are up.
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by slimboo: 7:22am On Nov 15, 2018
grin

Who needs a US phone number?

The phone number can be used to register and connected with your Gmail

* Amazon affiliate program
* Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter and others
* Text US and Canada phone numbers
* Register anything requiring US phone number

Its not free

Check Signature to contact me
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by PropertyCentral: 7:24am On Nov 15, 2018
Thanks I'm guilty of all
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by Bellotelli: 7:25am On Nov 15, 2018
OP you forgot to add mojo... Cos mojo don destroy some persons Android finish..
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by downloadproject(f): 7:26am On Nov 15, 2018
Final Don't Use your phone to engage in Vote buying during Election

1 Like

Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by theunnamed: 7:32am On Nov 15, 2018
Cool
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by Mycoin(m): 7:38am On Nov 15, 2018
nice one
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by opera1(m): 7:38am On Nov 15, 2018
What a beautiful write up. Good job.
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by potent5(m): 7:47am On Nov 15, 2018
Biguyman:
Deleting the ones I have.

Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by Meren1: 7:47am On Nov 15, 2018
I don't agree with everything you said

1 Like

Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by Surzkidd(m): 7:50am On Nov 15, 2018
slimboo:
grin
Who needs a US phone number?
The phone number can be used to register and connected with your Gmail
* Amazon affiliate program * Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter and others * Text US and Canada phone numbers * Register anything requiring US phone number
Its not free
Check Signature to contact me
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by Surzkidd(m): 7:53am On Nov 15, 2018
Bellotelli:
OP you forgot to add mojo... Cos mojo don destroy some persons Android finish..

Lolzzzz

1 Like

Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 15, 2018
I don't agree with the first.... Try using 1Gb ram phone and you will see your can kill apps to save ram....ram kills your phone to safe itself... Even when the nothing is in the phone anymore
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 15, 2018
Battery saver on Andoid works. When I don't use battery saver, my battery doesn't last as long as it lasts now that I have a battery saver. 360battery saver.
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by qanda: 8:10am On Nov 15, 2018
If you use an Android Phone, Pls install Q and A App from Google Playstore and thank me later. Its the one App you need to increase your business sense, get scholarship information, get materials to prepare for professional exams and job test - including NOUN exam questions. These materials are mostly FREE.

Download Q and A App from Google Playstore
Re: Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android by Jesuslvzme(m): 8:16am On Nov 15, 2018
Wow,nice write up

(1) (2) (Reply)

Twitter In Last Minute Negotiations With Elon Musk Over Sale / Like Facebook, Zoom To Start Charging 7.5% VAT From Nigerian Users / Tecno Camon CX VS Tecno Camon C9 Specifications Differences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.