Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,103 members, 7,838,795 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church (17813 Views)

'i Did Not Curse Ituah Ighodalo' Says Adeboye. / Sack Of Ighodalo: Adeboye Was Wrong — Tunde Bakare / Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Image123(m): 2:12pm On Jul 28, 2010
^
What you've just said is a tittle different from what you initially said, which I quoted. Now not raise much dust, i've said earlier that i don't know much about this pastor's particular case AND i'm open to some education on it. Seeing you know it, please do educate me on it. BTW, whatever qualifies his real wife as an unbeliever and him as a believer?
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by DejiYesufu(m): 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2010
Now I break my promise; case re-opened:
Since you asked for some educating let me try:
I became interested in the Ighodalo case after Pastor Bakare mentioned that a Pastor was being persecuted in RCCG for remarrying when the same RCCG would allow 'big' members of their church to have more than one wife on the flimsy excuse that they are not Pastors. I didnt know which pastor it was. Two sundays ago the papers broke the news that Ighodalo was opening a church after leaving RCCG. In the story carried by, I think Vanguard, two RCCG pastors took Ighodalo to the cleaners for remarrying, only going short of sending the man to hell. I wondered what it was all about.
When the link came out on NL and I read it, I was one of the first to make my contribution and I said the man should not be judged, only God has that privilege. Reading other people's contribution I learnt that the said Ighodalo divorced his wife when he was still unbelieving and that the woman is remarried with children for another man!
"Aha, " I wondered, the man should remarry now. What is this nonsense about his wife being alive and so he cannot marry again, where is that written in the Bible. And then I met Image123 who would not let my argument 'win'.
Now this is my submission on marriage: what God has put together let no man put asunder. But do we know that there are hundreds of marraiges being contracted daily that God did not put together so man will put them asunder.
To be candid, marraige is for life and any man who divorces will be judged by God. However, circumstances beyond our control may legitimize divorce and God would bless it. example 1. Partner leaves the home and never returns. 2. Case of continual and unrepentant adultery, expecially in these days of AIDS. 3. Continual and persistent physical abuse.
Before a divorce may be allowed a christian minister must look into the case and without bias to dogma, counsel the couple. if after this the case is not resolved, each of them should be told to seek God. if they are convinced they are to remain apart, the minister should seek God too, after this if he too is convinced then they should go there seperate ways.
I know some may criticize my saying God would approve divorce but that argument is for anotoher day. This is what I think and I hope it is some help to you, ma, for I suspect Image123 is a lady. lol.

1 Like

Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Image123(m): 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2010
Now I break my promise; case re-opened:
Oh merci.
the man should not be judged, only God has that privilege.
But he sure has a fundamental christian right to be corrected, or rebuked the christian way IF he has erred.
Ighodalo divorced his wife when he was still unbelieving and that the woman is remarried with children.circumstances beyond our control may legitimize divorce and God would bless it.
I'll say you're been biased. This is what Jesus said in Mark 10v11. And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. 12.And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
It's that straight forward. Whosoever, believer, unbeliever, pastor, member. God respects covenants. If He was married to the 1st woman and slept with her, they're married before God. He should bear his cross, if that's the case. Life is not a joke, and marriage is not child's play.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by hercules07: 9:11pm On Jul 31, 2010
Abeg make una leave the guy alone jare, he has done more for people than all those people that call themselves pastors and elders. How many of those so called elders are pure, abi no be one of them die and we found out he had more than one wife? I have had reason to ask people to donate to an orphanage around Anthony area, the orphanage was set up by Ituah, how many of those elders had the initiative to do something like that, bloody pharisees and hypocrites. I do not particularly like the RCCG but when Ituah was a pastor there, he was one of the redeeming features of the place because of his works.
If the Bible condemns him to hell for remarrying, then there is something wrong with that portion of the bible, he is a good man.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Image123(m): 10:16pm On Jul 31, 2010
Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder. If he actually divorced his wife and remarried while she's still alive, he's not a good man in God's sight. Ibb, abacha, obj, mutallab, bin laden are all good men in the eyes of some, and bad men in the eyes of others.
The Word of God remains unchanging, let everyone that names the name of God depart from iniquity.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Rhino3dm: 10:53pm On Jul 31, 2010
^ hitler, bush, saddam, ahmadinejad, benny hinn, chris oyaks, are equally good to some people abi o.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by hercules07: 3:31am On Aug 01, 2010
Image123:

Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder. If he actually divorced his wife and remarried while she's still alive, he's not a good man in God's sight. Ibb, abacha, obj, mutallab, bin laden are all good men in the eyes of some, and bad men in the eyes of others.
The Word of God remains unchanging, let everyone that names the name of God depart from iniquity.

Bros you are comparing someone who divorced his wife to murderers? The word of God or the word of men? You actually take the bible literally? You do not think that some of the teachings are influenced by the jewish culture or the times? To you a bin laden that repents on the last day will go to heaven but a man that does good but remarries will go to hell? Nigerian Christians astound me.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Image123(m): 12:56pm On Aug 01, 2010
Unbiblical christains sadden my spirit. Romans 1v29 - 32 places murderers and covenantbreakers together, and says they are worthy of death and God's judgement.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by hercules07: 1:50pm On Aug 01, 2010
@Image123

I do not take the bible literally and I refuse to believe ( even if stated in the bible) that a just God will equate a murderer with someone who divorced his wife and remarried. We need to apply context to what we do abeg
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Image123(m): 10:25pm On Aug 01, 2010
^
Eyah, sorry I'm used to applying Bible in what i do.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by graffiti: 2:28pm On Aug 03, 2010
All you these sanctimonious religionist spewing hate, judgement, hate, judgement over what is and what is not about religious doctrines,
The guy has moved on in his life touching so many lives along the way and you sit here nit-picking his actions. Are you God? Or are you Omniscient? Is that your passport to Heaven?
You'll better get real ,get busy and make making heaven your priority , cos,
HEAVEN IS REAL!!!!!!!

Pssscchheewwwwwww,
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by graffiti: 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2010
Image123:

^
Eyah, sorry I'm used to applying Bible in what i do.

Image123:

I don't have much knowledge about the man in question or his exact situation/circumstance, but i think you're discussing on christian divorce and remarriage. To start with no true christian will divorce, and no true christian will remarry while the spouse is alive. That's Bible. Thank God its in the NT. We'll have started hearing lecture about the Law. Now its grammar about legalism. A christian keeps God's commands or He is not a christian. It is that plain and plain.
Are you a christian yourself? and Since when did God place the mantle of deciding who is a christian and who is not in you hands
If you truly do what you claim then I want to believe that you have not read your bible up to Matthew 7:1-5.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by graffitie: 5:04pm On Aug 03, 2010
Can one of this people judging the man of God either put themselves in his shoes or advise on what they would have done differntly if in the same position please Should he have gone preaching at the door step of his ex-wife (to correct what he did before being a true xtain) so as to make heaven Is it not in this christianity we have been told that whatever the sin of your past,the moment you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour and remain true to him your sins are fogiven Would this man of God have remained a righteous person to the likes of "image23" if he had remained single and been dating this said lux lady in hiding Or would he have been so praised for remaining single and not gotten tempted by the numerous girls who dress to church these days like they are going to the BEACH? Before we condemn what we hear or read can we endeavour to face reality and be truthful to say the least to ourselves at least and see if we would have done worse/same if in the same situation.
For those finding it hard to understand the man of God, He is human first before anything and he can only be himself.The fact that someone did not see him worth being loved anymore does not mean someone else somewhere will not find see him as the man of her dreams.Above anything let us all celebrate his success and achievemnts.I am one person who had the chance to visit christ church just a few weeks ago and I can proudly say to anyone that a man of God who left a church and still commands so much respect as he does deserves some RESPECT, Let his works speak for him and let us all see ourselves as human who at one time or the other in our journey in life remain vulnerable to some errors of judgement/association.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Image123(m): 1:20am On Aug 05, 2010
^Though hands join in hands, the sinner will not go unpunished. Yes na Bible talk am. Quit the excuses on behalf of adultery. So he's a man of God because he 'commands respect' in your eyes, or because 'he's a human being first' before a christian. Yes ke, he can only be himself. Is he of christ? Have you read past Matthew 7v1-5 or you're waiting for me to read up to the place first?
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by graffitie: 7:36am On Aug 05, 2010
John8:7 is what I ask you to read my dear image123,  If no sinner would go unpunished have you thought of your own sins too or are you without sin
    I do not think anyone is looking for excuses for pastor Ituah nor am I as a person deciding what is just and not just in the eyes of God. I do know for a fact that we are all sinners and the only reason I believe the bible does not allow us to judge anyone is a simple fact of life,  A thief can not call a thief a thief!!
   "Thou shall not steal" is as much one of the TEN commandments as "thou shall not commit adultery" but tell me how many of us on this thread have stolen those little change from our parents or stolen pens from our school mates?? Is someone saying those were sins we committed as kids? So do we then say children that kill are without sin? Truly we all seek forgiveness of sins and all pray those sins are forgiven. So let us not be so selfish and say "yes" our own sins can/should/has been forgiven but other people's can't/must/ not be forgiven.
    So if we have nothing haboured against the man of God in question or we just generally can't stand men of God, would I be right by imploring us to leave everyone to God who is the omniscient to deal with us and pastor Ituah as He deem fit. And lastly I wonder if it's just only few of us on this thread(myself inclusive) are the only ones have read in the bible that we should RESPECT the men of God
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Image123(m): 9:30am On Aug 05, 2010
Morning. I do respect men of God. But men of God have to be godly to qualify as men of God. You can't be living in sin(adultery) and claiming man of God. Go and sin no more is the injunction in John 8, not go and live with your sin partner.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by nwakaibeya1: 10:51pm On May 15, 2015
Pray and tell the mantle of God TO move with the cutlass of heavenand slaughter every evil pastor having hands in your life and decieving you,let the mantle expose and disgrace them and put them on chain from heaven for you to be free
pray and tell the mantle of GOD TO move with the cutlass of heaven and all the weapons of heaven and invade every evil church that you must have entered knowingly and unknowingly and God should blow their evil altars open and behold In the kingdom of Jesuschrist that has come every body is a suspect until the world of justice clears you,no mater how you pretend to know JESUSCHRIST?oh God of justice In the name of Jesuschrist every evil pastors &prophets blow open their altars&put them on chain from heaven and turn their honours to disgrace
He that made the spiritual laws,In the kingdom of Jesuschrist that has come every body is a suspect until the world of justice clears you,no matter how you pretend to know JESUSCHRIST?we tell you truly,the descendants of teachers of law of bible era are all over,without JESUSCHRIST UNBELEVABLE POWER preaching bible they cant really explain to followers.Mantle of God,In JesusChrist name.every evil pastor AND prophets blow open their altars and put them on CHAIN from heaven and turn their honour to disgrace in Jesuschrist mighty name we pray amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body / Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? / TB Joshua Prophesied Colorado Cinema Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.