Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? (3007 Views)

No Man Wants To Marry Me Despite My Beauty & Shape".(photo) / My Friend Told Her Boyfriend That I Am Just A Friend,, Now This Is Happening. / Top 10 Signs A Nigerian Man Wants To Marry You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 13, 2018
BY Cecilia orji uzor

I am 21 years old lady still in my 2nd year in school and a man of 40yrs that i met in a wedding of a friend not too long ago have decided to marry me.
The man has assured my family that he will see to my education if only my family will agree to give my hands in marriage to him.
My family is against it due to the age bracket.

I love him and i see him as a man i can spend the rest of my life with.

pls what should i do?
Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by WinningEleven(m): 9:16am On Nov 13, 2018
Booked
Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by WinningEleven(m): 9:17am On Nov 13, 2018
Move on
Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by Oyindidi(f): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2018
He is old enough to be your father

2 Likes

Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by ITbomb(m): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2018
The man is caring right?

Money speaks

3 Likes

Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by Shelumiel: 9:23am On Nov 13, 2018
My dear , you are the most important person in your own life . So do not let others decide the pace of your happiness. Marry the guy if it pleases you , but just commit all into God's hand first.

4 Likes

Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by Ahmed0336(m): 9:41am On Nov 13, 2018
Eyaahhhhhh
Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by bujebudanu1(m): 9:42am On Nov 13, 2018
Just forget your education when you marry

I will sponsor your education is a scam cheesy

5 Likes

Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by internationalman(m): 9:45am On Nov 13, 2018
To me that's the best age bracket between couples..

You will hardly regret marrying a man in his forties...

Please girl marry him.

Olu Jacob and Joke Silva
Omotola and captain
Kane and Amara

If you are faithful to the man trust me the he will treasure u.

7 Likes

Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by urbanemind(m): 10:01am On Nov 13, 2018
oshiomole is 68 and d wife is 27 , so feel free.

5 Likes

Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by farady(m): 10:15am On Nov 13, 2018
My dear pray and commit to God first, then let Him lead you.

However from your post, it seems you've already made up your mind. It seem also that the man is very comfortable and your senses (or instincts) tells you he can solve your problems; that may be why you love him. I don't think you spent time to think deeply from all angles. The man is just like a means to an end. But remember that all that glitter is not gold. That is why I made that first comment.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by Elvidence(m): 10:20am On Nov 13, 2018
I know you already know what your heart truly wants, coming here to seek advice and people's opinion is a way of confusing yourself the more. If ur inner self is at peace marrying this man pls do if not do otherwise....
Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by farady(m): 10:30am On Nov 13, 2018
internationalman:
To me that's the best age bracket between couples..

You will hardly regret marrying a man in his forties...

Please girl marry him.

Olu Jacob and Joke Silva
Omotola and captain
Kane and Amara

If you are faithful to the man trust me the he will treasure u.

My brother, saying that is the best age bracket, doesn't follow oh. Some other person will tell you the gap should be within 5 years. Personally, if the gap is close, it's better. The couples relate very well and 'grow up' together. It's fun. Most couples with wide age gap I have seen, relate more like father (daddy) and 'son'. By the time the lady is 40 (married at 21 to a 40 yr old man), the man is 60 looking like real papa, the lady will not be proud to show him around, especially if bread (money) no dey. Meanwhile her mates whose husbands are 45 are looking dapper, sharp and even younger; having the best of fun. My take oh.

4 Likes

Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by haladadon: 11:57am On Nov 13, 2018
get married and be secured.

women are looking for husband everywhere , you dey here dey think whether to marry or not.

1 Like

Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2018
Oyindidi:
.. Please stop.Let her make that decision herself. With the way things are going in this country,tell me how many men in their twenties and early thirties getting married? Have it in mind also that she is a woman and the probability that she will still maintain her looks after maybe two issues is not high. Let her make the decision for herself,after all, we don't even know the man in question. Some 40 years old looks younger than some thirty years old.As long as God and love is their foundation,let her be.

2 Likes

Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by astrotom: 12:53pm On Nov 13, 2018
my dear look at the one that pays you don't let anyone chose for you .......... make ur own choice
Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2018
greatman55:
BY Cecilia orji uzor

I am 21 years old lady still in my 2nd year in school and a man of 40yrs that i met in a wedding of a friend not too long ago have decided to marry me.
The man has assured my family that he will see to my education if only my family will agree to give my hands in marriage to him.

pls what should i do?
no don't go ahead....wait till you are 40!!!
Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 13, 2018
If you truly loves him why not go ahead and tie the knot with him come what may,remember that you re the one that will spend the rest of your life with him and not your loved ones.
lalasticlala
mynd44
ishiluv
dominique
Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2018
bujebudanu1:
Just forget your education when you marry

I will sponsor your education is a scam cheesy
in most cases...na belle straight

1 Like

Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by YorubaAssasin: 6:56pm On Nov 13, 2018
See thief mouth.. grin For say the man use 'assurance', 'Porsche', 'BMW', 'Range-Rover' et al... take propose now, she for no seek public opinion ooo. angry

Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 13, 2018
But some men self.
I can't stand in front of a girl am older than with 19 years trying to woo her. I'll be like, wtf.

Ok back to the topic.
There are some things you need to consider
1. Will he treat me like a wife? Or just some little brat who I married? Cos that age is too much
2. Will he keep to his word as regards my education? Cos most times, it doesn't always end well
3. Will I still be happy in this marriage in say twenty years?
4. Am I truly ready at 21?
If you are convinced, then best wishes.

PS
No matter my financial situation, I'll never wait to long before I marry. At most 33. By 30 I should be warming up

OP, make your findings to know why the man isn't married up till now.
Forty years is no joke.
I want a wife whose age bracket is within my generation.

But it's your choice.
And remember, taste the cassava first before you say I do ooooo! Cos I de fear that man.
Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2018
ladiesreject:
But some men self.
I can't stand in front of a girl am older than with 19 years trying to woo her. I'll be like, wtf.

Ok back to the topic.
There are some things you need to consider
1. Will he treat me like a wife? Or just some little brat who I married? Cos that age is too much
2. Will he keep to his word as regards my education? Cos most times, it doesn't always end well
3. Will I still be happy in this marriage in say twenty years?
4. Am I truly ready at 21?
If you are convinced, then best wishes.

PS
No matter my financial situation, I'll never wait to long before I marry. At most 33. By 30 I should be warming up

OP, make your findings to know why the man isn't married up till now.
Forty years is no joke.
I want a wife whose age bracket is within my generation.

But it's your choice.
And remember, taste the cassava first before you say I do ooooo! Cos I de fear that man.

No matter your financial situation you will marry at 33? Hmmmmmmm, we'll may na all these village girls u wan marry sha cos lagos girls no go mayyr you if you ain't solid financially ooo. If you like, be 5+, if you don't have enough cash, marriage will always be tough.

1 Like

Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by crunchyg: 7:54pm On Nov 13, 2018
greatman55:
BY Cecilia orji uzor

pls what should i do?
At the age and stage of your life do you think you really know what marriage means. You need to check yourself very well so you don't make mistake
Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
Marry him, it's not a big deal

Girls of your age bracket sleep with sugar daddies that are above that age and get money and material gains in return

So why can't you Mary him then

I'm sure you might have done such too, thats why it was easy for you to meet such a person in the first place

2 Likes

Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by IamPlato(m): 8:18pm On Nov 13, 2018

I Know Its You Op!
Yes Marry Him mumu girl. You Girls Of Now A Days Love Rich Wrinkled Prick
Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by Burgerlomo: 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2018
Oyindidi:

True talk cool
Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by Olodo24: 8:59pm On Nov 13, 2018
it's better to get married than to keep messing around.. if only you can be faithful.

the age difference is too much but na you know wetin you want
Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by zolajpower: 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
greatman55:
BY Cecilia orji uzor

pls what should i do?
Ur happiness matter my dear .......go with ur heart ,do not allow anyone dictate ur well-being for u.
U may regret this on the long run
Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
IamPlato:

I Know Its You Op!

Yes Marry Him mumu girl. You Girls Of Now A Days Love Rich Wrinkled Prick
STFU,who says i am the one,i already have a man in my life.
I am only posting this on behalf of her,you dunce.
Re: A 40 Years Old Man Wants To Marry Me,i Am Just 21!should I Go Ahead? by IamPlato(m): 12:47am On Nov 14, 2018
greatman55:
STFU,who says i am the one,i already have a man in my life.
I am only posting this on behalf of her,you dunce.
Boxer007 this Guy Is In Love With You

(1) (Reply)

I Was Toasting A Girl And My Penis Got / My Experience Dating This Lady Some Years Ago. (PHOTO) / Could This Be A Sexually Transmitted Infection?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.