Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,118 members, 7,814,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai (47384 Views)

2019 Presidency: What Peter Obi Did To Me In 2014 – Gov. El-rufai / 2019: Gov El-rufai Insulted Kaduna Christians By Picking Muslim Running Mate – F / Gov. El-rufai Visits Survivors Of Kaduna Violence In Hospitals(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by unclesoyo: 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2018
Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, on Tuesday cleared the air on the emergence of Dr. Hadiza Balarabe, his Muslim running mate for the 2019 governorship election in the state.

The governor, who received in audience the people of Sanga Local Government Area who were at the Sir Kashim Ibrahim Government House, Kaduna, on a thank-you visit for picking their daughter, said the choice of his running mate was based on competence and performance.

He explained that under his administration, there was no room for religious or sentiments in deciding who to appoint into any office in the state, the Punch reports.

“Muslim-Muslim ticket is not a religious ticket but a competent and performance ticket,” the governor said.

El-Rufai had told critics of the Muslim-Muslim ticket that the Government House was not a place for worship but where people work.

The governor added that most of his Muslim-Muslim ticket critics were those who did not vote for him in the 2015 governorship election in the state.

“The people that have criticised me most on this are people who never voted me in the first place. So, are they not supposed to be celebrating it?

“In their own opinion, I have made a wrong choice. Then, why are they mourning?” he asked.

Earlier, the paramount ruler of Numana in Sanga LG where Dr. Hadiza Balarabe hails from, Brigadier-General Aliyu Yamma (Rtd), said the choice of their daughter had given them the hope of being in government.

He sad successive administrations had forgotten the people of the area as far as participation in government was concerned.

“The governor couldn’t have made a better choice than the selection of Hadiza.

“We now feel a sense of belonging in Kaduna government. We are just like Black Americans in Kaduna State,” he said.

https://lailasnews.com/why-i-chose-a-muslim-running-mate-gov-el-rufai/

14 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by ehhmah(m): 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2018
shocked

... black americans in Kaduna smiley

as in, Thug niggas with guns.. Hellrufai fulani brothers grin

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by alsudan: 8:24pm On Nov 13, 2018
What an insult to KD Christians as this terrorist just called all of them incompetent.

The terrorist midget clearly wants no opposing voice in his government, as he butchers the Christians and completely Islamizes the state.

Bala Bantex his present deputy was always a torn on the midgets skin and even slapped hell Rufai once, no wonder he was tricked to accept a Senatorial slot in APC, just so El Rufai can finish his people peacefully.

Any Christian that votes the Midget will be signing their own death warrants, as that demon is so desperate to be the face of terrorism in Nigeria after his Chief Dullard eventually kicks the bucket, and intends to use KD to prove he deserves the title.

301 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by basilo101: 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2018
Weak defence from the religious bigot

184 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by iammo(m): 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2018
Its up to Kaduna voters to decide, fayose and his deputy were both Christians same as plateau and taraba and everyone were matured about it, with more than 80 different political parties, if APC wants a Muslim Muslim ticket, democracy allows you to choose a Christian Christian party. Besides few politicians in Nigeria are truly religious, they mostly serve money,power and black magic

151 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by abjisperson(m): 8:27pm On Nov 13, 2018
u dont need to explain ur reasons for being a bigot....we understand

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by Olukat(m): 8:27pm On Nov 13, 2018
sad These are the kind of persons Sarrki and co are spending sleepless nights to praise sad
Hell' Rufia is a satanic agent known in Nigeria today...so divisive!

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by Dee60: 8:27pm On Nov 13, 2018
So, there is no competent Christian in the whole of Kaduna State?

We know what you are up to man, we know! Everybody knows, and it is commonly in the news!

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by ehinmowo: 8:27pm On Nov 13, 2018
Only in Nigeria will someone talking foolishness with boldness. "Competent and performance ticket". The fact is dt there are more Christians in Kaduna than muslim. They are fighting tooth and nail to keep relevance (through violence and bigotry)

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by Benekruku(m): 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
You don't need to answer anybody.

Anambra is a Christian/Christian ticket and nobody is telling the Press why it's so.

So just follow what suits your state and gives you political weight.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by FriendNG: 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
ELRUFAI those that are criticizing are mostly from Potopoto republic not even your state.

22 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by katchagboro(m): 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
Carry go

1 Like

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by Guyman02: 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
Imo people erect statue of Oshiomole in Owerri for helping them to stop Rochas from installing his Son in-law as Governor grin grin

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by abmethod: 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
Do you know that reading comments is even more interesting than the post itself .... in case you are with me just hit like or join me here ...

151 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by Wahala90: 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
Where is Buhari!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by SINZ: 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
Why do I get the feeling that it's Hell Rufai that writes Buhari's speeches? His excuse sounds just like what the dullard would say!

15 Likes

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by Sweetcollins: 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
Who knows
Who cares
Who wants to know
No one gives a phuck!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by ilokas(m): 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
Am just passing
Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by mak4(m): 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
L shocked
Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by Pidginwhisper: 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
grin
Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by shammah1(m): 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
Shame to this bigot

14 Likes

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by servercodes001: 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
The reason is open and clear
you're a biased, selfish, stupid and useless authoritarian leader

26 Likes

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by ikezuora4689(m): 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
unclesoyo:
Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, on Tuesday cleared the air on the emergence of Dr. Hadiza Balarabe, his Muslim running mate for the 2019 governorship election in the state.

The governor, who received in audience the people of Sanga Local Government Area who were at the Sir Kashim Ibrahim Government House, Kaduna, on a thank-you visit for picking their daughter, said the choice of his running mate was based on competence and performance.

He explained that under his administration, there was no room for religious or sentiments in deciding who to appoint into any office in the state, the Punch reports.

“Muslim-Muslim ticket is not a religious ticket but a competent and performance ticket,” the governor said.

El-Rufai had told critics of the Muslim-Muslim ticket that the Government House was not a place for worship but where people work.

The governor added that most of his Muslim-Muslim ticket critics were those who did not vote for him in the 2015 governorship election in the state.

“The people that have criticised me most on this are people who never voted me in the first place. So, are they not supposed to be celebrating it?

“In their own opinion, I have made a wrong choice. Then, why are they mourning?” he asked.

Earlier, the paramount ruler of Numana in Sanga LG where Dr. Hadiza Balarabe hails from, Brigadier-General Aliyu Yamma (Rtd), said the choice of their daughter had given them the hope of being in government.

He sad successive administrations had forgotten the people of the area as far as participation in government was concerned.

“The governor couldn’t have made a better choice than the selection of Hadiza.

“We now feel a sense of belonging in Kaduna government. We are just like Black Americans in Kaduna State,” he said.

https://lailasnews.com/why-i-chose-a-muslim-running-mate-gov-el-rufai/

I swear I hate this man with passion.... after what he did to my family in Abuja that year.....a memory I will never forget.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by Antichristus: 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
Descendant of Bin Laden and follower of the Saudi Child Molester.

22 Likes

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by Mcanie: 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
Zombies won't comment on this thread

11 Likes

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by jerryunit48: 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
iammo:
Its up to Kaduna voters to decide, fayose and his deputy were both Christians and everyone were matured about it
It strikes my imagination the way you compare Ekiti and Kaduna

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by bencr7: 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
Next
Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by bedspread: 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
Kaduna people decide wat u want!!

6 Likes

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by Benekruku(m): 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
But at a time, Whoever will bring change to Nigeria needs to first ban public practice of religion and eliminate state of Origin from documentations.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by AgentGoat: 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
He said 'why are they mourning' grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UK Doctor Obinna Obeta Charged For Conniving With Ekweremadu Over Kidney Harvest / #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) / Anambra Election: Polling Unit Results Show Obiano Has Won – APGA Chairman, Oye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.