Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting (11932 Views)

Abiodun Declares A State Of Emergency On The Lagos-Sango Ota-Abeokuta Road / What Happens When The Federal Government Declares A State Of Emergency? / China's Foreign Minister To Visit Nigeria For A Two-day State Visit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
GOVERNMENT OF AKWA IBOM STATE OF NIGERIA

PRESS RELEASE

AKWA IBOM STATE GOVERNMENT DECLARES A THREE-DAY STATE FASTING

In furtherance of its avowed commitment to maintaining peace and fostering economic prosperity, the Government of Akwa Ibom State has declared a-three day fasting and prayer programme ‪from 15th to 17th November, 2018‬ to usher in the commencement of political campaigns and other political activities for the 2019 general elections.

However, this does not imply any public holiday. In the first two days of the programme, those in public offices and in private business locations, are expected to gather and pray at the close of work to round off the fasting. ‪On Saturday, November 17, 2018‬, everyone who can make it to the Banquet Hall Grounds, Government House, Uyo is invited for the final prayers at an open service ‪at 4pm‬.

The theme of the programme which defies the mere rhetoric of politics is “PEACE BE STILL” (Mark 4:39) and the essence is to collectively pray to God to avert all forms of bloodshed and violence in our State throughout the electioneering period. We would also pray that no matter how the messengers of evil overstretch to rob us of our peaceful environment, God should continue to protect and sustain us. Our last prayer point would be that only ordained God-fearing leaders shall emerge as winners in all elective offices.

The Government of Akwa Ibom State enjoins our spiritual fathers and leaders of faith-based organisations, churches, government offices, markets, farm settlements, schools, motor parks, and indeed every business organization, to encourage their members to participate in this very important three-day programme. Citizens and Residents of Akwa Ibom state; irrespective of political affiliation or religious leaning are also implored to join in the interest of the peace and unity of our dear state.

As a people, we must remain grateful to God Almighty for His ceaseless benevolence and abundance of peace which our beloved State has enjoyed in the past three and a half years. We do not take that for granted. We have toiled, we have travelled around the globe to paint a glorious picture of a new and prosperous Akwa Ibom. Our efforts have been rewarded by the large and continuous influx of investors to our state. The sustenance of this new lease of economic prosperity is hinged on the peace, safety and security within our borders. We believe that politics should not be a platform to roll-out drums of violence and criminality that can destroy all that we have built within the last few years.

The Government of Akwa Ibom State therefore has put in place adequate security measures to ensure a peaceful atmosphere in our state during the forthcoming general elections.

It is Only God that can give us peace in and out of the election period, and we trust that He is always faithful to do it for us.

God bless us all, Akwa Ibom Dakkada.

Charles Udoh
Hon. Commissioner
Ministry of Information & Strategy

November 13, 2018

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:32pm On Nov 13, 2018
When the righteous is in control the people rejoice.

Akwa Abasi Ibom Dakada

Udom Dakada

To God Be The Glory

Lalasticlala good Evening

[b]NEWS FROM MEFLYN ANWANA. Special Assistant (Digital Media) to Governor Udom Emmanuel

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by ibibiofirstlady(f): 8:40pm On Nov 13, 2018
Akwa Ibom state is God's own state. I will join the fast

13 Likes

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
ibibiofirstlady:
Akwa Ibom state is God's own state. I will join the fast
You can say that again, again and again.

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2018
My Brother Deomelo, I can see you viewing. Are you partaking in the fast? (Even though you aren't an Ibomite)

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by HappyNigerian: 8:59pm On Nov 13, 2018
Udom till 2023

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2018
HappyNigerian:
Udom till 2023
Amen!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by MrAJQ(m): 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
The guy see say everything is turning against him, he quickly declare three days fasting. I can't stop laughing.

If El-Rufai should declare one day fasting in Kaduna, the whole Nigeria will hear. They will be shouting Religious bigotry.

God forbid this double standard people

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2018
MrAJQ:
The guy see say everything is turning against him, he quickly declare three days fasting. I can't stop laughing.

If El-Rufai should declare one day fasting in Kaduna, the whole Nigeria will hear. They will be shouting Religious bigotry.

God forbid this double standard people
Udom is a Deacon, he believe in the superiority of God.

Akwa Abasi Ibom is God's own state, dedicating the state to God is not out of place.
Moreso, Akwa Ibomites are 100% Christians so there is no religious bigotry here.

Meanwhile, Akwa Ibom is 100% Udom and PDP

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by MrAJQ(m): 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Akwa Abasi Ibom is God's own state, dedicating the state to God is not out of place.
Moreso, Akwa Ibomites are 100% Christians so there is no religious bigotry here.

100% PDP?
For more jokes press 2.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2018
MrAJQ:

100% PDP? For more jokes press 2.
I no know wetin de give una hope for Akwa Ibom state. I just no know

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Afamed: 10:04pm On Nov 13, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Bro, I will like to partake in the fasting. But wait ooo, is it white fasting or dry fasting?

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2018
Afamed:

Bro, I will like to partake in the fasting. But wait ooo, is it white fasting or dry fasting?
Which one be white or dry fasting?

I think it's 6to6
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by MrAJQ(m): 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
I no know wetin de give una hope for Akwa Ibom state. I just no know
Nothing surprise me more than someone assuming PDP will win Akwa Ibom

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Egein(m): 10:11pm On Nov 13, 2018
State-sponsored religious extremism. Akwa Ibom is a secular state, please.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:11pm On Nov 13, 2018
MrAJQ:

Nothing surprise me more than someone assuming PDP will win Akwa Ibom
Nothing amaze me more than that someone telling himself that APC stand a chance in Akwa Ibom of all states and the entire SouthSouth and Southeast geopolitical zones. It's more painful that this same someone believe his own lies

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by EliteBeautyBlog(f): 10:11pm On Nov 13, 2018
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 13, 2018
Politicians won't fast.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by salford: 10:13pm On Nov 13, 2018
well......
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Afamed: 10:13pm On Nov 13, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Which one be white or dry fasting?

I think it's 6to6
White fasting is for those of us who believe Udom will not be elected again in 2019 while dry fasting is for those who believe Udom himself will decamp to APC before 2019 election.
Cc : Tonyebarcanista

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Gosj01(m): 10:15pm On Nov 13, 2018
Fasting and prayer? Politicians and eye service!

Anyways I sell laptops. more Information on signature.

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2018
Afamed:

White fasting is for those of us who believe Udom will not be elected again in 2019 while dry fasting is for those who believe Udom himself will decamp to APC before 2019 election.

You should consider a career in comic movie my brother...

Even Akpabio know that Udom is Akwa Ibom and Akwa Ibom is Udom

1 Like

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2018
Lol Africa and Religion.

They should be mourning on how their governors have plundered their wealth

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by rattlesnake(m): 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
When the righteous is in control the people rejoice.

Akwa Abasi Ibom Dakada

Udom Dakada

To God Be The Glory

Lalasticlala good Evening

SHAT YA TRAP

THE SAMA AKWA IBOM WHERE AKPABIO TOOK 6 BILLION

1 Like

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by GavelSlam: 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2018
Afamed:

Cc : Tonyebarcanista

grin
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Gerrard59(m): 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2018
Dude should pay pensioners' salaries and stop involving religion every now and then. How about the inane plan to construct a 9BN enumenical centre?

Modified: I've researched on the modalities in paying gratuities and understand that Udom doesn't owe. But the bolded stand.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by gurunlocker: 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2018
Religion will continue to be a problem in this country.... A whole 3 days!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by AngelicBeing: 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2018
Nigeria has been fasting since 1960 and yet the country is backward and in total darkness, China, Singapore, Western Europe, North America and the Oceania do not fast like Nigerians and things are working well in those countries .

God is tired of our useless prayers and fasting, God requires equity, fairness, justice and mercy, as long as the poor masses are suffering, oppressed and killed daily by the same useless politicians across the country, the fasting is useless to God.

God has a special place for the poor in his eternal program for humanity, enough of been religious and godless, what kind of nonsense is this grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2018
Egein:
State-sponsored religious extremism. Akwa Ibom is a secular state, please.
Akwa Ibom is 100% a Christian state, but the state accommodates people of all faith!

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Afamed: 10:20pm On Nov 13, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

You should consider a career in comic movie my brother...
Even Akpabio know that Udom is Akwa Ibom and Akwa Ibom is Udom
2019 election is near. Not by 6-6 fasting

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
Lol Africa and Religion.

They should be mourning on how their governors have plundered their wealth
Udom is not your typical African leader. Take note!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ndigbo Is Not Under Any Attack In Lagos - Ohaneze / We Did Not Endorse Atiku: Anambra Monarchs Deny Backing Any Candidate / Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.